Secularism! What Satan Is Really After in the latter days, our hearts and minds, and his plan to overcome us

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Secularism! What Satan Is Really After in the latter days, our hearts and minds, and his plan to overcome us

Post by kirtland r.m. »

secularism
[sek-yuh-luh-riz-uh m]

Examples
Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
secular spirit or tendency, especially a system of political or social philosophy that rejects all forms of religious faith and worship.
the view that public education and other matters of civil policy should be conducted without the introduction of a religious element.
Next would be "the doctrines of men mingled with scripture." The more untruth, confusion, and lies the better, and so the hatred continues across America for example for even the constitution and all references to God made in the public forum. This is the goal of the rising secular tide, and here is their end-game goal. An Atheist society will continue to struggle and struggle under the banner of equality until the world cannot tell a moral difference between two choices. This is an ultimate goal of Satan and those who follow him. This is what one of the founding fathers had in mind when he said the following quote.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams
In fact, speaking of America, the growth of the church is slowing unfortunately.http://www.sltrib.com/home/4776326-155/ ... ally-in-us As a parting thought, this is an interesting blog as to the battle being waged across the earth today, with a special focus on those who are anti-l.d.s. http://happiness-seekers.com/2017/01/02 ... mormonism/
Thank God that the gospel in it's fullness will not be taken from the earth this time around. That message was delivered by a resurrected John the Baptist as recorded in section thirteen of the book known as the doctrine and covenants.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Re: Secularism! What Satan Is Really After in the latter days, our hearts and minds, and his plan to overcome us

Post by cab »

Interesting thoughts. I believe that it is the goal of TPTB to deceive us into becoming atheists. However, NEVER think that they themselves are atheists. They know who and what they worship. They are the initiated few into the mystery schools. They are they who believe that they are in possession of the ancient Mysteries of Old. They are those who are called Mystery, Babylon. Fortunately, they themselves are the most deceived, and won't discover that cold truth unlike their masters turn on them - IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Secularism! What Satan Is Really After in the latter days, our hearts and minds, and his plan to overcome us

Post by Mcox »

Finally Kirtland, you have said something that I can agree with. I did not click on your links, but you are right about secularism and philosophies of men. I read the book The Great Apostacy by James Talmage and he said that the Apostacy was brought about by two things, persecution from without the church, and corruption of the pure doctrine from with in the church. Ghnostism was creeping into the lives of the members. In an effort to live better lives, they began to "add" to the simple and pure gospel of Jesus Christ. They began to believe in th philosophies of men and practice methods outside the proper authority. Many similarities to our modern day "Christ Centered" energy healing. The church was eroding from within. These same philosophies will take many lds away from the truth and away from the Spirit. But as you said, thankfully the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church will not be destroyed.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Mcox wrote:....... thankfully the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church will not be destroyed.
How do we know this?

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

The final outcome is certain—the forces of righteousness will finally win. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Righteousness in my mind is the gospel of Jesus Christ practiced in His church today.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote:Finally Kirtland, you have said something that I can agree with. I did not click on your links, but you are right about secularism and philosophies of men. I read the book The Great Apostacy by James Talmage and he said that the Apostacy was brought about by two things, persecution from without the church, and corruption of the pure doctrine from with in the church. Ghnostism was creeping into the lives of the members. In an effort to live better lives, they began to "add" to the simple and pure gospel of Jesus Christ. They began to believe in th philosophies of men and practice methods outside the proper authority. Many similarities to our modern day "Christ Centered" energy healing. The church was eroding from within. These same philosophies will take many lds away from the truth and away from the Spirit. But as you said, thankfully the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church will not be destroyed.
Which parts of gnosticism are similar?

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Robin Hood wrote:
Mcox wrote:....... thankfully the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church will not be destroyed.
How do we know this?
See D&C section 13.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
How do we know this?
See D&C section 13.
It doesn't say the church will not be destroyed. It says the Aaronic priesthood will not be taken from the earth until the sons of Levi offer a sacrifice in righteousness. When they do, presumably, it will.

But we have to keep in mind that the church and the priesthood are not the same thing.
The church doesn't have the priesthood, the priesthood has the church.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Robin Hood wrote:
How do we know this?

We know this because a Prophet of the Lord admonished the Saints to Clease the Inner Vessel and promised that those who heeded his counsel to sincerely repent and put off pride and the natural man would eventually experience the rebirth that comes from being baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost and would be prepared to meet the Savior when He returns to a purified and cleansed people who have been instrumental in the redemption of Zion. His "church" would consist of just those people. It was his solemn testimony. I believe him.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... g=eng&_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

JohnnyL wrote:
Mcox wrote:Finally Kirtland, you have said something that I can agree with. I did not click on your links, but you are right about secularism and philosophies of men. I read the book The Great Apostacy by James Talmage and he said that the Apostacy was brought about by two things, persecution from without the church, and corruption of the pure doctrine from with in the church. Ghnostism was creeping into the lives of the members. In an effort to live better lives, they began to "add" to the simple and pure gospel of Jesus Christ. They began to believe in th philosophies of men and practice methods outside the proper authority. Many similarities to our modern day "Christ Centered" energy healing. The church was eroding from within. These same philosophies will take many lds away from the truth and away from the Spirit. But as you said, thankfully the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church will not be destroyed.
For one thing lds energy healers believe that their practices are preparing them for translation. That they are coming closer to God through the methods and beliefs used in energy. They believe that in order for you to progress and become a translated being, you need energy healing which opens you up to greater enlightenment and greater knowledge. This elitist view is completely false! Mormon gnosticism in part, is “the belief that esoteric knowledge—hidden, deep doctrine—is necessary for fulfilling our spiritual potential, and that seeking for it is more spiritually advanced.” Members during Paul's ministry believed themselves more enlightened then other members. This was a big part of Gnosticism. Christ centered energy healers feel very much the same way.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Mark wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
How do we know this?

We know this because a Prophet of the Lord admonished the Saints to Clease the Inner Vessel and promised that those who heeded his counsel to sincerely repent and put off pride and the natural man would eventually experience the rebirth that comes from being baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost and would be prepared to meet the Savior when He returns to a purified and cleansed people who have been instrumental in the redemption of Zion. His "church" would consist of just those people. It was his solemn testimony. I believe him.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... g=eng&_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Presumably therefore, this promise is conditional. If no one heeds his counsel to sincerely repent and humble themselves, none of the promises would occur and the church would go into apostasy.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Robin Hood wrote:
Mark wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
How do we know this?

Presumably therefore, this promise is conditional. If no one heeds his counsel to sincerely repent and humble themselves, none of the promises would occur and the church would go into apostasy.

.. And there would need to be another restoration. Jesus will not return to an apostate and fallen people who do not redeem Zion.

"Second, in addition to the gift of the life of Christ, is the gift of His Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—“the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.” (D&C 1:30.) There is no salvation or exaltation for us outside of the Church. Through it we receive baptism, priesthood, celestial marriage, and other vital ordinances. The Church is the organized means which God uses to establish and expand His work. We must work with it and in it, build it up, and move it forward.

We should be willing to generously give of our time, talents, and means to the Church. No matter what happens to the world, the Church will grow in strength and will be intact when the Lord comes again.

God has assured us that the Church will never again be taken from the earth because of apostasy. He has said that He is pleased with the Church, speaking collectively and not individually. (See D&C 1:30.)"

President Ezra Taft Benson

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
For one thing lds energy healers believe that their practices are preparing them for translation. That they are coming closer to God through the methods and beliefs used in energy. They believe that in order for you to progress and become a translated being, you need energy healing which opens you up to greater enlightenment and greater knowledge. This elitist view is completely false! Mormon gnosticism in part, is “the belief that esoteric knowledge—hidden, deep doctrine—is necessary for fulfilling our spiritual potential, and that seeking for it is more spiritually advanced.” Members during Paul's ministry believed themselves more enlightened then other members. This was a big part of Gnosticism. Christ centered energy healers feel very much the same way.
I have never heard any of these things, though I might have missed them, as I'm not very familiar with them. Is there a list on a website, where they have written these out/ agreed?

But I can certainly believe that at least some believe some of these things, at least in parts/ to a degree.

And I can see how the "elitism" thing works, which seems to be what you're mainly pointing out.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Johnny I will get the words from their mouths. I belong to a Facebook page for lds empaths. It will take some time, so tomorrow.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Mcox wrote:Johnny I will get the words from their mouths. I belong to a Facebook page for lds empaths. It will take some time, so tomorrow.
Please do. It us very important that light be brought onto things of darkness.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Mark wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Mark wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
How do we know this?

.. And there would need to be another restoration. Jesus will not return to an apostate and fallen people who do not redeem Zion.

"Second, in addition to the gift of the life of Christ, is the gift of His Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—“the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.” (D&C 1:30.) There is no salvation or exaltation for us outside of the Church. Through it we receive baptism, priesthood, celestial marriage, and other vital ordinances. The Church is the organized means which God uses to establish and expand His work. We must work with it and in it, build it up, and move it forward.

We should be willing to generously give of our time, talents, and means to the Church. No matter what happens to the world, the Church will grow in strength and will be intact when the Lord comes again.

God has assured us that the Church will never again be taken from the earth because of apostasy. He has said that He is pleased with the Church, speaking collectively and not individually. (See D&C 1:30.)"

President Ezra Taft Benson
You seem to be appealing to circular reasoning. The church cannot fall because one of it's presidents says so.
If you cannot demonstrate your position from scripture I would suggest it is unfounded.

I'm not saying the church will fall, or is likely to fall, but clearly, due to the agency of man, it can.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

I was taught by an lds energy healer that energy healing is the way for a person to become sanctified. To draw closer to God in preparation for the change in our bodies from a lower to a higher state, a translated body. This is known in the new age as a “shift” or “quickened” from one dimension of physical state to another. It is a belief that through clearing of negative emotions, one is changing the very physical nature of her body.
We know from scripture and modern day revelation that several ancient prophets were translated, “taken up by the Spirit.”

Elder McConkie also says, “As far as we know, instances of translation since the day of Melchizedek and his people have been few and far between.”

We know we are in the last days and there will be some on the earth that will be changed in the twinkling of an eye to live during the millennium. Some lds energy healers believe they know how to make this change happen. Or at least how the process will happen. They are taking truths of the gospel, and adding the philosophies of man (Napolean Hill, Ron Hubbard, and Eckhart Tolle ) all of whom believe in mysticism. All are new age false teachers.

Some lds energy healers are feeling the change happen in them. Not just a spiritual change but a change from a physical to a crystalline body. Meaning this will be a higher dimension body (translated body).

Translated beings according to Elder McConkie “never taste of death… never endure the pains of death, that they have undergone a change in their bodies, that they might not suffer pain or sorrow save it were for the sins of the world; that they were holy men, sanctified in the flesh; that the powers of the earth could not hold them.”

Sound familiar? Energy healing rids you of pain and sorrow. All negative emotions are quickly dealt with. Never should you suffer.

Here is the description from one of the presenters at a Christ Centered Energy Conference :

Gracefully Transitioning into the 5th Dimension
What is the 5th dimension? What did Christ and the prophets teach about a body of light and the 5th dimension? Learn the formula in this class. Your body may already be adjusting from a carbon to a crystalline base instrument because the promised shift has already begun. What can you do to maintain higher frequencies of light for longer periods of time? What role are you being led to play as we begin the journey of ushering in the new millennium?

This presenters name is Wendi Jensen (she is lds). She sells classes on how to receive your body of light. Her final step is; Authority, this is what she says:

“At the base of our existence we have programmed some tribal beliefs about authority, tribal codes, expectations within the tribe…we lock in our authorities and our positions and we become very rigid with the external rules and we begin to worship conformity because we crave certainty and security…As we shift into 4th dimension we start considering that the way we have done things may not have been the only way or the best way and we become open to new possibilities. We start to give our self permission to seek outside the box…What is really exciting in the 5th dimension is that, if we have found the right mentors… we begin to discover the source of pure revelation. We no longer look for those who claim to have the answers. We no longer feel the need to conform to institutions for safety.”

She is so mistaken. What does she think about Prophets and apostles? Not much.
She is more enlightened then they are.

Here is another class presented at the conference;

Being Quickened: Preparing for a Miraculous Transformation

To dwell in the presence of God we must be quickened. Consider being quickened in this life. It is possible. Will it bring us closer to God and increasing our ability to heal and be healed? Will it increase and enhance our spiritual gifts? In this presentation we will explore together what being quickened can mean for us while in the physical form and what steps we can take to increase our vibration and prepare ourselves for the ultimate, miraculous transformation that will take place at our final quickening.

And all this can be yours for the special price of $400.00. They sell their “enlightenment” and are placing themselves above the rest with their special knowledge and abilities. This is so elitist.

Here are some responses lds energy healers are giving on forums:

“There has been a big shift this past two weeks. I feel like not only am I shifting myself, but I’m helping shift and process the earth. Is anyone else feeling this way? That you are helping shift all of mankind these past 2 weeks?”

How elitist can you be, to assume the role as a God in helping to shift the earth?

Then there is this gem:
“Right now, there are some large shifts going on. This also means our bodies are being prepared for the millennium. One way my body is translating to this new state is by going through an emotional pregnancy. I’m not physically pregnant, But my emotional body is experiencing a pregnancy.”

Then this woman added:

“The Archangel Uriel is one of the seven Archangels that stand at the throne of the God creator and one of the four major archangels that serve humanity. Uriel rules the mental plane, our thoughts and ideas, creativity, insights, judgment, magic, alchemy, astrology, universal consciousness, divine order, the distribution of power, the cosmic universal flow and the earth’s environment. Uriel is humanity’s link to the spiritual realms and he can show us how to find our inner power through a process that will help each individual “shift” in consciousness and therefore accelerate the entire kingdom’s shift into higher realms of consciousness.”

Many lds energy healers feel they are more enlightened and better then the rest of us. One woman wrote this:

“I get bothered going to Relief Society. Their comments are very shallow in the gospel, almost to the point of not knowing who Jesus Christ is.”

Another woman commented speaking about her Ward members:

“They don’t have a higher level of awareness and they seem stuck in their limited understanding of emotions, energy and the power of healing.”

This to me describes the elitist attitudes of those who presume to have more power, abilities and enlightenment. This describes Mormon Gnosticism to a tee. This is a problem for me.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Cultural Marxism is probably the biggest tool in Satan's tool kit for undermining the societal structure, including family, leading us into abject bondage with an eternal boot stomping on our face.

See: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44541&p=758940#p758639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

There are many -isms, philosophies, that are tools that deceive and enslave or otherwise seduce, whether "doctrines of devils" or "commandments of men" (D&C 46:7). Consider, for example, the claims that pleased the carnal mind of Korihor:
https://byustudies.byu.edu/charts/5-78- ... s-korihor/

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Mcox wrote:I was taught by an lds energy healer that energy healing is the way for a person to become sanctified. To draw closer to God in preparation for the change in our bodies from a lower to a higher state, a translated body. This is known in the new age as a “shift” or “quickened” from one dimension of physical state to another. It is a belief that through clearing of negative emotions, one is changing the very physical nature of her body.
We know from scripture and modern day revelation that several ancient prophets were translated, “taken up by the Spirit.”

Elder McConkie also says, “As far as we know, instances of translation since the day of Melchizedek and his people have been few and far between.”

We know we are in the last days and there will be some on the earth that will be changed in the twinkling of an eye to live during the millennium. Some lds energy healers believe they know how to make this change happen. Or at least how the process will happen. They are taking truths of the gospel, and adding the philosophies of man (Napolean Hill, Ron Hubbard, and Eckhart Tolle ) all of whom believe in mysticism. All are new age false teachers.

Some lds energy healers are feeling the change happen in them. Not just a spiritual change but a change from a physical to a crystalline body. Meaning this will be a higher dimension body (translated body).

Translated beings according to Elder McConkie “never taste of death… never endure the pains of death, that they have undergone a change in their bodies, that they might not suffer pain or sorrow save it were for the sins of the world; that they were holy men, sanctified in the flesh; that the powers of the earth could not hold them.”

Sound familiar? Energy healing rids you of pain and sorrow. All negative emotions are quickly dealt with. Never should you suffer.

Here is the description from one of the presenters at a Christ Centered Energy Conference :

What is the 5th dimension? What did Christ and the prophets teach about a body of light and the 5th dimension? Learn the formula in this class. Your body may already be adjusting from a carbon to a crystalline base instrument because the promised shift has already begun. What can you do to maintain higher frequencies of light for longer periods of time? What role are you being led to play as we begin the journey of ushering in the new millennium?

This presenters name is Wendi Jensen (she is lds). She sells classes on how to receive your body of light. Her final step is; Authority, this is what she says:

“At the base of our existence we have programmed some tribal beliefs about authority, tribal codes, expectations within the tribe…we lock in our authorities and our positions and we become very rigid with the external rules and we begin to worship conformity because we crave certainty and security…As we shift into 4th dimension we start considering that the way we have done things may not have been the only way or the best way and we become open to new possibilities. We start to give our self permission to seek outside the box…What is really exciting in the 5th dimension is that, if we have found the right mentors… we begin to discover the source of pure revelation. We no longer look for those who claim to have the answers. We no longer feel the need to conform to institutions for safety.”

To dwell in the presence of God we must be quickened. Consider being quickened in this life. It is possible. Will it bring us closer to God and increasing our ability to heal and be healed? Will it increase and enhance our spiritual gifts? In this presentation we will explore together what being quickened can mean for us while in the physical form and what steps we can take to increase our vibration and prepare ourselves for the ultimate, miraculous transformation that will take place at our final quickening.

And all this can be yours for the special price of $400.00. They sell their “enlightenment” and are placing themselves above the rest with their special knowledge and abilities. This is so elitist.

“There has been a big shift this past two weeks. I feel like not only am I shifting myself, but I’m helping shift and process the earth. Is anyone else feeling this way? That you are helping shift all of mankind these past 2 weeks?”

How elitist can you be, to assume the role as a God in helping to shift the earth?

Then there is this gem:
“Right now, there are some large shifts going on. This also means our bodies are being prepared for the millennium. One way my body is translating to this new state is by going through an emotional pregnancy. I’m not physically pregnant, But my emotional body is experiencing a pregnancy.”

Then this woman added:

“The Archangel Uriel is one of the seven Archangels that stand at the throne of the God creator and one of the four major archangels that serve humanity. Uriel rules the mental plane, our thoughts and ideas, creativity, insights, judgment, magic, alchemy, astrology, universal consciousness, divine order, the distribution of power, the cosmic universal flow and the earth’s environment. Uriel is humanity’s link to the spiritual realms and he can show us how to find our inner power through a process that will help each individual “shift” in consciousness and therefore accelerate the entire kingdom’s shift into higher realms of consciousness.”

Many lds energy healers feel they are more enlightened and better then the rest of us. One woman wrote this:

“I get bothered going to Relief Society. Their comments are very shallow in the gospel, almost to the point of not knowing who Jesus Christ is.”

“They don’t have a higher level of awareness and they seem stuck in their limited understanding of emotions, energy and the power of healing.”

This to me describes the elitist attitudes of those who presume to have more power, abilities and enlightenment. This describes Mormon Gnosticism to a tee. This is a problem for me.
Thanks Mcox. Elder Cook's talk last conference -- Valiant in the Testimony of Jesus -- popped into my mind reading your remarks.

Looking beyond the mark is a sure way to stumble in your testimony of Jesus Christ. How do I know? Because for a time I got mixed up with the new age beliefs, practices, energy, etc. Following their energy methods and techniques I felt healed, "enlightened" and thought I was on a higher path. Knowing all this secret knowledge was exciting, mind expanding, fantastic.

Funny thing, though...

The deeper I got into the philosophies, the less desire I had to read the scriptures. As time wore on I became more critical of priesthood leaders. Yeah, I knew best. It was soooo frustrating dealing with such small minded people. They were holding me back with my progression. Going to church? What was the point? It was boring.

Little by little, I started believing the three deadly lies... 1. There is no right or wrong. 2. There is no devil. And the ultimate biggie... 3. There is no need for Jesus Christ.

For all of you dabbling in the new age movement, I can attest that the above 3 lies will be presented to you in some form or fashion. And once pride has taken hold of your heart, it is very difficult to wiggle out of satan's snare.

Just keep your eye on the mark, Jesus Christ, through scripture study, prayer, repentance/forgiveness and service (to family, church, community, etc.). That's all you need to be "enlightened." That's all you need to be healed.
Last edited by Todd on January 9th, 2017, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ParticleMan wrote:There are many -isms, philosophies, that are tools that deceive and enslave or otherwise seduce, whether "doctrines of devils" or "commandments of men" (D&C 46:7). Consider, for example, the claims that pleased the carnal mind of Korihor:
https://byustudies.byu.edu/charts/5-78- ... s-korihor/
Sure, but Cultural Marxism is leading the charge in our present day. Of course, this 'operation' relies on human weaknesses, faithlessness and negativity to fuel its progress.

My take, is that it is foolish to ignore and be unaware of such a conscious, almost aboveboard effort to destroy our families and culture. Too many times in my quorums, people simply cite the deadly sins and weaknesses we are subject to and have no idea of this very real, dangerous, and ongoing conscious effort to destroy us.
Last edited by larsenb on January 9th, 2017, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

caburnha wrote:Interesting thoughts. I believe that it is the goal of TPTB to deceive us into becoming atheists. However, NEVER think that they themselves are atheists. They know who and what they worship. They are the initiated few into the mystery schools. They are they who believe that they are in possession of the ancient Mysteries of Old. They are those who are called Mystery, Babylon. Fortunately, they themselves are the most deceived, and won't discover that cold truth unlike their masters turn on them - IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
While I share your confidence that the leaders of the biggest secret combinations know whom they serve, I sincerely believe that most of the people who are fighting for atheism have no idea they are really serving the adversary. Most of the atheists I have known were raised in religious households. They were told that they have to just believe without any kind of evidence, they observed religious commandments used to by some to control those around us, and they observed those who were attempting to exercise control ignoring those commandments. Because of their own experiences they see religion as something invented for people to control other people, and they believe they are preforming a service by trying to free the minds of religious people who haven't yet seen that religion is just myth.

I have also come across people who had a testimony at one point in time but left the true church, and who now actively oppose the church. I haven't ever seen or heard anything to convince me those people really know they are working for the adversary.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

brianj wrote:
caburnha wrote:Interesting thoughts. I believe that it is the goal of TPTB to deceive us into becoming atheists. However, NEVER think that they themselves are atheists. They know who and what they worship. They are the initiated few into the mystery schools. They are they who believe that they are in possession of the ancient Mysteries of Old. They are those who are called Mystery, Babylon. Fortunately, they themselves are the most deceived, and won't discover that cold truth unlike their masters turn on them - IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
While I share your confidence that the leaders of the biggest secret combinations know whom they serve, I sincerely believe that most of the people who are fighting for atheism have no idea they are really serving the adversary. Most of the atheists I have known were raised in religious households. They were told that they have to just believe without any kind of evidence, they observed religious commandments used to by some to control those around us, and they observed those who were attempting to exercise control ignoring those commandments. Because of their own experiences they see religion as something invented for people to control other people, and they believe they are preforming a service by trying to free the minds of religious people who haven't yet seen that religion is just myth.

I have also come across people who had a testimony at one point in time but left the true church, and who now actively oppose the church. I haven't ever seen or heard anything to convince me those people really know they are working for the adversary.
I agree with you Brian. All of the ex-religious, atheists I know believe they are fighting the good fight -- to free enslaved minds from those who use god to control others. And as I mentioned before, they all, without exception, believe the big three lies -- there is no sin, no devil and no Christ.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I don't know many atheists, but outside of "reasonable" sin, most are decent people. That goes for a lot of other religions and religious beliefs, too. I have no doubt, though, that there is more to atheism than what is seen on the surface, and who pushes it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Mcox wrote:I was taught by an lds energy healer that energy healing is the way for a person to become sanctified. To draw closer to God in preparation for the change in our bodies from a lower to a higher state, a translated body. This is known in the new age as a “shift” or “quickened” from one dimension of physical state to another. It is a belief that through clearing of negative emotions, one is changing the very physical nature of her body.

Then there is this gem:

Then this woman added:

Wow. Weird. Sad.

Though the last two comments are often on, and I've heard them on this thread, even, by someone who is not an energy healer. I wonder if it's more people were already that way.