The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

What do the scriptures teach us about the earth?

The Earth is a globe.
67%
The Earth is Flat like a terrarium (a dome).
14%
The Earth is a globe and hollow.
15%
The Earth is Flat and hollow.
3%

Total votes: 98
cayenne
captain of 100

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by cayenne »

Silver wrote:Not only is the earth flat, it's dark.
flat earth.jpg
Ok, I have to admit that made me laugh really hard.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by sandman45 »

Kitkat wrote:
I agree with you...quantum mechanics comes to mind. The one thing I am pretty sure about is ... NASA lies, and so do the people on tv. So yes, the earth is optically flat. We are starting to believe, perspective is everything (insert Pres. Uchtdorf talk about Blind men and the elephant).
Don't forget the government and the schools :D

Lyndap
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Lyndap »

Interesting info. Science teaches that 80% of the world's water is underneath the floor of the ocean. That is particularly interesting when reading about the flood at Noah's time where it says something about God broke open the great deep and caused the water to come forth. That would be water above and below a firmament.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2 ... /98154504/

Rivers in the sky......first I've read about this type of weather pattern.....

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

cappaccio wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2 ... /98154504/

Rivers in the sky......first I've read about this type of weather pattern.....
Thanks for sharing. This invites the thought of rivers above the firmament coming down through who knows what holes in what could be a dome over a more flat earth, which would add to or take from the evaporation cycle we are taught in school which causes these rivers in the sky?

wargames83
captain of 100

Post by wargames83 »

cayenne wrote: psychology, it does not take a genius to figure out why a man in power would mock this. This is typical of people in power to mock something that has truth to it to dissuade the masses from looking into it. (same with power people mocking 911 truthers, vaccinations, holocaust deniers, herbs, or other long lists of things that contain at least some truth "they" want kept hidden.)
If you knew psychology you would know that power doesn't magically take away the part of human nature that leads people to mock things they really do think are stupid.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

I did a 3d software scene with the flat earth using parameters I've seen on the flat earth wiki. The sun was at 3000 mi high, and at equinox. It took a circular path through they sky.

It was a disaster.

-Using quadratic falloff, I couldn't get the sun at an intensity which lit the ground directly under it well, without it lighting stuff too far away according to sunset times.
-the sun never even got close to setting over the horizon. I put in some exaggerated terrain to try to give it something to hide behind, but NADA.
-the bearings of their supposed sunrise and sunset positions were intensely wrong

Next steps if I have the time: try to correct the sun elevation and rise and set bearings using lens domes. I guarantee it's going to be hard for me. The lens configuration has to work equally well at many wildly disparate points.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Lyndap wrote:Interesting info. Science teaches that 80% of the world's water is underneath the floor of the ocean. That is particularly interesting when reading about the flood at Noah's time where it says something about God broke open the great deep and caused the water to come forth. That would be water above and below a firmament.
They are talking about a mantle rock/mineral called ringwoodite, an olivine mineral, which can contain much water in it's lattice structure. Here is one article on it: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -of-water/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They posit the water entering the mantle by subduction slabs, which entrain ocean water with them.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39055524

huh, no ice wall in site.....or is this a well produced lie as well :))

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Just thought I'd share my simulation results.
My terrain is pretty low res and exaggerated. Sun is roughly at equinox 3000mi up. Yes it's going backwards in the video. Sorry. [edit: sun direction fixed in videos 1 and 3]
Renders are pretty low qual and low framerate. Sorry I'm not pixar.

vid 1 cam @slc tracking sun. sun should set at 0:05, is still well above horizon and never goes below it. The bearing is also NW, should be due west. sun should rise at 0:15, the bearing is NE, should be due east.
Very strong lensing would be required to correct these bearings and elevations.
vid 2 @ slc looking east. I can see the east coast and even antarctica. Yes, I couldn't get a realistic atmosphere. Definitely no ground occlusion except in a small area very near mountains. This is against my real life experience that mountain shadows grow very long at sunset.
vid 3 high above earth. Himalayas produce only the barest night region close to them. North america never gets very dark.
This is the .blend file. In it the sun direction has been fixed, so if you re-render, the sun will go the way it's supposed to. You can open the simulation in a free program called blender. https://www.blender.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry I can't teach you blender, but if you know it or can learn it, go tweak and criticize to your heart's content.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3f5P ... FZvMkJPRjg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are roughly 13miles per blender unit in this simulation.

I think there's nothing to this flat-earth business.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Also keep finding gems...

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Studying Lehi's vision this morning, realized that what he says also supports a potential flat earth in the Book of Mormon...

1 Nephi 8:20
And it also led by the head of the fountain unto a large and spacious field,
as if it had been a world :-o .
Smith, Joseph; Skousen, Royal (2009-09-22). The Book of Mormon: The Earliest Text (Page 22). Yale University Press. Kindle Edition.

A LARGE and SPACIOUS FIELD.... as far as I can tell, fields are pretty much flat. So to have Lehi see a vision of a FIELD as if it had been a world.... Very interesting indeed.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Kitkat wrote: March 14th, 2017, 8:23 am Studying Lehi's vision this morning, realized that what he says also supports a potential flat earth in the Book of Mormon...

Smith, Joseph; Skousen, Royal (2009-09-22). The Book of Mormon: The Earliest Text (Page 22). Yale University Press. Kindle Edition.

A LARGE and SPACIOUS FIELD.... as far as I can tell, fields are pretty much flat. So to have Lehi see a vision of a FIELD as if it had been a world.... Very interesting indeed.
Interesting.
Thanks for that.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Robin Hood wrote: March 14th, 2017, 10:12 am
Kitkat wrote: March 14th, 2017, 8:23 am Studying Lehi's vision this morning, realized that what he says also supports a potential flat earth in the Book of Mormon...

Interesting.
Thanks for that.
Makes us wonder what Lehi's and Jerusalem's at that, idea of the "world" was... Maybe they thought it was flat world like a spacious field with a dome over it of sorts?

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

I have put up my own video with reasons to believe in globe earth.
I wish it was more polished but it is what it is.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

200 points to consider that the EARTH IS NOT A SPINNING BALL as we are told... we have discussed a few of them in this thread, but there is many yet to discuss and find out the truth.
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015 ... -ball.html

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Do you have any feedback on the video?
Maybe I can improve it.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

Robin Hood wrote: January 5th, 2017, 2:29 am I conducted my own experiment a few months ago.
I live on the coast and was on the beach looking at some ships in the distance. As I stood and focused on a particular craft that was moving away from the shore and out to the open sea, I noticed it disappear below the horizon. This, we are told, is the result of the earth's curvature. However, I had my binoculars with me so I zoomed in on the horizon and the ship was once again in full view. Therefore the disappearance of the ship was not due to the curvature of the earth, but to perspective.

This does not prove that the earth is flat, but it does demonstrate, to me at least, that one of the most commonly cited evidences that it is spherical turns out to prove no such thing.

And it doesn't help that all the NASA images of the earth are, by their own admission, CGI composites. There may well be good reasons for this, but to those who suspect they are up to no good, it is further evidence of a conspiracy.
I've been staying in a beach house in San Diego for the last few days and have used the opportunity to conduct my own observations. I've been observing many large naval vessels come and go out of the harbor. I watched one with a particularly large mast/tower disappear over the horizon - bottom first - just as I've always heard happens due to curvature of the earth. The mast was visible for a long time both with naked eye and binoculars - long after the hull was completely hidden by the ocean.

Additionally, from the beach house I have a great view of the Coronado Islands. The North Island has a landmark called "the keyhole" - see below (from internet):
IMG_6277.PNG
IMG_6277.PNG (706.12 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Here is a distant view (from internet)
IMG_6278.PNG
IMG_6278.PNG (441.91 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
"The Keyhole" is a hole in the rocky connection between the hump on the right side and the main island on the left.

Here is my view from the beach house - thru binoculars:
IMG_6259.JPG
IMG_6259.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 1650 times
The rocky connection is completely hidden by the water line on the horizon. It's even more hidden when I view it at actual water level (since the beach house is elevated by several feet) - i.e. less of the bases of the island structures can be seen.

In both the case of the ship and of the island, the water on the horizon is making the objects disappear from the bottom up - they are NOT disappearing due to perspective.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Here's another video addressing satellites.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

Here is where I am on this topic.

Why does it matter?

My belief and faith in Jesus Christ would not change one bit if the earth was flat, round, cube, hexagonal or "oblate spheroid" shape. I see the hands of the Creator in EVERYTHING!!!

I think this topic is fun and some people are crazy about it.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Cappaccio,
I agree with you.
I suspect the Earth is flat and spherical, depending on one's vantage point.
It doesn't really matter.

But I do believe in the geocentric earth. This is the place where the action is right now. The whole universe is focused upon this creation.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_6316.JPG (980.6 KiB) Viewed 1548 times