The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

What do the scriptures teach us about the earth?

The Earth is a globe.
67%
The Earth is Flat like a terrarium (a dome).
14%
The Earth is a globe and hollow.
15%
The Earth is Flat and hollow.
3%

Total votes: 98
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by larsenb »

cayenne wrote:Great post kitkat

Like I said in an earlier post, in my experience people who iniatiate and start the mock are almost always on the side of falsehood. I learned when I was very young to recognize this pattern, and it actually helps witness the truth in kind of a back door way. Basically it is a back fire on lies if one can recognize the pattern.

How many
Say things like:

"You dumb flat earthers"
"You dumb creationists"
"You dumb 911 truthers"
"You dumb conspiracy idiot"
"You dumb scriptural literalists"
"You dumb herbalists"
or. . . . . . . . . .
This kind of presentation contains a logical fallacy, but I'm too lazy to look it up. False lumping, or something like that.

There really is almost unlimited and highly conclusive evidence (direct eyewitness testimony, inferred, mathematical, physics-related, etc., etc.) that the earth is a globe. You can also look out into the cosmos and see with your own eyes and maybe aided by a telescope that celestial bodies (don't confuse this term . . . we mean planets, moons, suns, stars), if large enough, assume a globe-like shape.

What this whole thread revolves around are a few people who seem to be science/observation challenged. There really is not any other polite way to state it. It will be construed as 'mocking.

You are really wasting your time and the time of those trying to straighten you out, by non-stop harping on this non-issue.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Earth is Not a Globe!?! Is God literal, water above and below the firmament?

Post by JohnnyL »

KurtTheMormon wrote:I have flown AROUND THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE EARTH. The Earth is a GLOBE, PERIOD.

What, do you think President Uchtdorf, a PILOT that has done the same, is lying to you or in on this retarded conspiracy?

People who think the earth is flat drive me absolutely crazy.
Let me put this in a GENERAL way, regarding conspiracy:
There's a difference between being in on a conspiracy, and being ignorant, being misled, etc. They are not all the same. So when they believe in vaccinations, do you believe them? When they believe you can't find anything on the internet their doctor doesn't already know, do you believe them? When they believe pulling wisdom teeth is best, do you believe them? I could go on, but the point is... no, I don't. But not because they are "in" on a conspiracy.

KurtTheMormon,
Retarded, eh?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

JohnnyL wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:I have flown AROUND THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE EARTH. The Earth is a GLOBE, PERIOD.

What, do you think President Uchtdorf, a PILOT that has done the same, is lying to you or in on this retarded conspiracy?

People who think the earth is flat drive me absolutely crazy.
Let me put this in a GENERAL way, regarding conspiracy:
There's a difference between being in on a conspiracy, and being ignorant, being misled, etc. They are not all the same. So when they believe in vaccinations, do you believe them? When they believe you can't find anything on the internet their doctor doesn't already know, do you believe them? When they believe pulling wisdom teeth is best, do you believe them? I could go on, but the point is... no, I don't. But not because they are "in" on a conspiracy.

KurtTheMormon,
Retarded, eh?
Not quite a conspiracy, which normally has a criminal intent to it. Either the folks pushing this idea are just having fun, or they are seriously scientifically/observationally/logically challenged. Either way, it makes this forum look bad to any reasonable and casual visitor.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

when I worry about visitors, this thread is rather low on my list of concerns.

I can't fault people for thinking about it. They have probably thought more than most people who just accept the official story without question.
However, I have now thought about it. A lot. And finding a gem of truth in flat earth arguments is like trying to find a quarter in a compost pile. I pick up all sorts of crap and never find anything of value.
While flat earth tries to explain 10 observations with 10 flawed theories, round earth explains 10 observations with 1 theory, and stands up to my critical thinking. It's round.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Worth a read through. The re-entry of the shuttle heating up to 1600 degrees (glass melting point) is very peculiar, not to mention the other fascinating finds of glass in the deserts around the globe where melted and solidified glass shouldn't be naturally found.

http://www.wildheretic.com/there-is-glass-in-the-sky/

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

From the link-
"There can be only one reason why the shuttle is reinforced at its nose and front wing edges: it must hit something hard at some point on its way up. And looking at the numerous footage from balloons being sent into the stratosphere, we can see only black, which must mean this material is both hard and transparent."
I found that hilarious =))
1bd046a7514a60daa46bd3ab0334579078bba8e2db59bf609a3425b7248d28ef.jpg
1bd046a7514a60daa46bd3ab0334579078bba8e2db59bf609a3425b7248d28ef.jpg (50.03 KiB) Viewed 1530 times

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Wow people are jerks lol..

have to share this though..
"Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object, therefore, it has no edge. Earth would be more easily defined as a system environment. Earth is also a machine, it is a Tesla coil. The sun and moon are powered wirelessly with the electromagnetic field (the Aether). This field also suspends the celestial spheres with electo-magnetic levitation. Electromag levitation disproves gravity because the only force you need to counter is the electromagnetic force, not gravity. The stars are attached to the FIRMAMENT."

~ Nikola Tesla.
In 1934, on the occasion of his 79th birthday, Tesla denounced relativity theory as "a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king" and "a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense... the theory wraps all these errors and fallacies and clothes them in magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors.... its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists. Not a single one of the relativity propositions has been proved." (NYT, 7/11/1935, p. 23).
I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”. - Albert Einstein

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

sandman45 wrote:Wow people are jerks lol..

"Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object, therefore, it has no edge. Earth would be more easily defined as a system environment. Earth is also a machine, it is a Tesla coil. The sun and moon are powered wirelessly with the electromagnetic field (the Aether). This field also suspends the celestial spheres with electo-magnetic levitation. Electromag levitation disproves gravity because the only force you need to counter is the electromagnetic force, not gravity. The stars are attached to the FIRMAMENT."

~ Nikola Tesla.
In 1934, on the occasion of his 79th birthday, Tesla denounced relativity theory as "a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king" and "a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense... the theory wraps all these errors and fallacies and clothes them in magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors.... its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists. Not a single one of the relativity propositions has been proved." (NYT, 7/11/1935, p. 23).
So, do you think what Tesla is saying here supports the idea of a flat earth? In his first quote he is talking about "celestial spheres" as if that is a given. I.e., they are spheres. And saying the earth has no edge could apply to a sphere as well. Spheres have no edges just surfaces or boundaries.

But when he says (if this is a true quote): [the] "Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object", what 'on earth' does that mean. pray tell? My guess is that he is saying the earth is more than just an object, it is also a system environment, . . . a machine and a Tesla coil. But it is still a planet according to any definition I'm aware of.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

Ungläubige wrote:
Kitkat wrote:
Ungläubige wrote:
You might want to trust the "global parents" somewhat since we all benefit from the technology they've developed and implemented. Gps navigational devices, global communications, satellite TV, weather tracking, etc

What have the flat earthers done for us so far?
Well, if you count Nikola Tesla, "flat earthers" or at least "non-globalists" :p have done more for society and science than any other I can think of, period. In fact, his contributions allowed all those things you mentioned.

All those "global parents" you pointed to have Nikola Tesla to thank for at least the pathway to their "inventions".

~ Nikola Tesla.
Here, knock one's self out with these as a start:
alternating current
harnessing light and distributing it (fluorescent bulbs 40 yrs before industry "invented" them)
x-rays
radio (supreme court backs up Tesla on this one)
remote control
electric motor
robotics
laser
wireless communication
possibly free energy

Speaking of the emperor's new clothes...
“[Einstein’s theory of relativity is] a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king… its exponents are brilliant men, but they are meta-physicists rather than scientists.”

~ Nikola Tesla,

"Nature may reach the same result in many ways. Like a wave in the physical world, in the infinite ocean of the medium which pervades all, so in the world of organisms, in life, an impulse started proceeds onward, at times, may be, with the speed of light, at times, again, so slowly that for ages and ages it seems to stay, passing through processes of a complexity inconceivable to men, but in all its forms, in all its stages, its energy ever and ever integrally present. A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature. In no way can we get such an overwhelming idea of the grandeur of Nature than when we consider, that in accordance with the law of the conservation of energy, throughout the Infinite, the forces are in a perfect balance, and hence the energy of a single thought may determine the motion of a universe."

Nikola Tesla

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

sandman45 wrote:Wow people are jerks lol..

~ Nikola Tesla.
This idea of Tesla being a flat earther was debunked 5 pages back. See my post above.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

Ungläubige wrote:...the idea gradually took hold of me that the earth might be used in place of the wire, thus dispensing with artificial conductors altogether. The immensity of the globe seemed an unsurmountable obstacle but after a prolonged study of the subject I became satisfied that the undertaking was rational...
— Nikola Tesla
“Famous Scientific Illusions” (Electrical Experimenter, February, 1919)
Also this one

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I didn't think he was saying Tesla was a flat-earther, but that gravity is nothing compared to electromagnetism. That's what I understood from Tesla's quotes.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Meteor hits glass dome (aka firmament - waters above and below, something in between, like a dome over a flat earth)? Pretty cool.
https://vimeo.com/110535098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Looks pretty convincing, like a Glass Dome Electricity creating these sprites:

https://youtu.be/SuYjzNsm7GU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Rabbit hole may have just gotten much deeper.

It seems that our Navy thought the Germans made an invisible force field shield in Antartica... destroying several US planes that crashed mid-air.

Looking for these documents if anyone has found them please share. Pretty fascinating. Reported even in National Geographic it seems.

https://youtu.be/QtybmBcSfLE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview with Admiral Byrd, talks about lands they found in Antartica that are habitable:
https://youtu.be/czW0iRJuH1A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

Kitkat wrote:Looks pretty convincing, like a Glass Dome Electricity creating these sprites:

It's interesting that you posted that YouTube clip. Did you happen to watch the full version? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the rest of it (especially the first 20+ minutes before your clip starts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Ungläubige wrote:
Kitkat wrote:Looks pretty convincing, like a Glass Dome Electricity creating these sprites:

It's interesting that you posted that YouTube clip. Did you happen to watch the full version? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the rest of it (especially the first 20+ minutes before your clip starts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for asking.

To be frankly clear, when ever we watch a documentary, which we love to do as a family, be it BBC, PBS, Nova, National Geographic, or many other makers of scientific documentaries... we have had the beautiful experience, which has increased in our home as we've put God first in all things, of the voice of God speaking to us as we watch them.

So when we watch them, we tend to kind of hear what is taught by the scientists, but we mostly rejoice and hear another voice, the voice of God speaking to us like we are his children learning what is actually going on with what "science" is describing, which is mostly always a shadow of the truth, or a truth twisted to an agenda.

So yes. We have seen the sprites documentary put out some time ago, and didn't connect it potentially to this until now. But again, it is like Christ is sitting on the sofa with us, fire burning in our bosoms, like he is sitting there literally smiling and eating popcorn with us, smiles, laughs at the theory being explained in the documentary, confirms something about it, and tells us in child like simplicity the beauty of what sprites are in His creation, not in full detail, but enough to drop our jaws, and cause us to be giddy children like discovering rainbows for the first time ever - it is like Christ simply becomes the documentary's narrator in our hearts, and our bosoms burn whilst beautiful knowledge flows to our hearts and minds.

Isn't this the point of it all, the gospel, cleaving to Christ, while he leads us to the Love of God? Imagine sitting and watching a documentary with Christ sitting there with you, he being the most beautiful friend on earth, loves to talk, listen, answer your questions, and he does just that, as you watch the documentary with him sitting by you, His complete attention on your heart's feelings on the subject matter presented.

That is how we experience documentaries, esp. over the last few years as we've focused our home, our Zion if you will, on God and Christ directly, husband and wife as a team together.

If there is something specific you are speaking to, please do let us know, but I hope that clears up at least our experience watching documentaries with Christ in the "theater" with us. It is really fun to have him there each time. The kids and us parents talk about what he told us for weeks and months, discovering more things while we ponder the mysteries given watching documentaries, allowing Him our hearts, minds, and attention by making our home, incomings and outgoings in His name, learning to sacrifice the trivial things in our lives that inhibit our spending more quality time with Him in all our daily activities.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

Kitkat wrote: Thanks for asking.

To be frankly clear, when ever we watch a documentary, which we love to do as a family, be it BBC, PBS, Nova, National Geographic, or many other makers of scientific documentaries... we have had the beautiful experience, which has increased in our home as we've put God first in all things, of the voice of God speaking to us as we watch them.

So when we watch them, we tend to kind of hear what is taught by the scientists, but we mostly rejoice and hear another voice, the voice of God speaking to us like we are his children learning what is actually going on with what "science" is describing, which is mostly always a shadow of the truth, or a truth twisted to an agenda.

So yes. We have seen the sprites documentary put out some time ago, and didn't connect it potentially to this until now. But again, it is like Christ is sitting on the sofa with us, fire burning in our bosoms, like he is sitting there literally smiling and eating popcorn with us, smiles, laughs at the theory being explained in the documentary, confirms something about it, and tells us in child like simplicity the beauty of what sprites are in His creation, not in full detail, but enough to drop our jaws, and cause us to be giddy children like discovering rainbows for the first time ever - it is like Christ simply becomes the documentary's narrator in our hearts, and our bosoms burn whilst beautiful knowledge flows to our hearts and minds.

Isn't this the point of it all, the gospel, cleaving to Christ, while he leads us to the Love of God? Imagine sitting and watching a documentary with Christ sitting there with you, he being the most beautiful friend on earth, loves to talk, listen, answer your questions, and he does just that, as you watch the documentary with him sitting by you, His complete attention on your heart's feelings on the subject matter presented.

That is how we experience documentaries, esp. over the last few years as we've focused our home, our Zion if you will, on God and Christ directly, husband and wife as a team together.

If there is something specific you are speaking to, please do let us know, but I hope that clears up at least our experience watching documentaries with Christ in the "theater" with us. It is really fun to have him there each time. The kids and us parents talk about what he told us for weeks and months, discovering more things while we ponder the mysteries given watching documentaries, allowing Him our hearts, minds, and attention by making our home, incomings and outgoings in His name, learning to sacrifice the trivial things in our lives that inhibit our spending more quality time with Him in all our daily activities.
I was mainly interested in your thoughts on the work of astronauts Ramon and Furukawa in detecting and recording footage of sprites from space.

shellertx
Hi, I'm new.

Post by shellertx »

Mathematics prove the earth is round. It was proven so hundreds of years ago by numerous unassociated individuals. Careful observation of the sun passing through the sky denotes a spheroid planet (and yes it's not perfectly round, you have valleys and mountains, and all the oceans are lower than the continents, and most of the land mass is generally toward the northern hemisphere). If the earth were flat, the sun would be observed sliding along the horizon starting in the north and then rising in an arc toward the south, the sun itself being visibly small and increasing in size as it moved overhead. As it set it would begin to move along the horizon from south to north and would diminish in size as it did so. It's brightness would also fade as it moved closer and then further away. But yet we don't see that. It "pops" off the horizon at a point, moves in a smooth path across the sky, it's size stays relatively the same (it increases at sunrise and sunset due to atmospheric lensing), it's brightness is consistent throughout the day, and then it drops to the horizon at a point and disappears. Also during sunrise, and particularly sunset, one can actually observe the shadow of the earth itself as the sun comes up or goes down (usually more noticeable at sunset, and usually involves a two color tone to the sky away from the sun, with a dark band rising up from the earth, and a clear difference to a lighter color in the upper sky, with the dark band increasing as the sun goes down). If one had the tools, this could all be measured, along with the movements of the stars, and could be plotted mathematically. Also, keep in mind there is the North Star that all stars in the northern hemisphere which all stars can be observed rotating around, and there is also the Southern Cross in the Southern Hemisphere which all stars can be observed rotating around it, meaning there is clearly two defined poles. I have never seen a legitimate flat earther from the Southern Hemisphere. And the only ones I have usually are running a site which is generating them an income, and almost all of their documentation is the same documentation shared on other sites. Keeps that in mind next time you visit a flat earth YouTube channel or a flat earth website... It's good money, and they want to make sure you keep coming back to share in taking down "the grand conspiracy!" Seriously, what monetary gain would it be to convince the world the earth is round? None. The earth was considered round long before NASA existed. And consider air travel down to Australia and other areas in the Southern Hemisphere. Those flights from the U.S. to Australia would take far too long on a flat earth model. Same goes for ships, it would take months upon months to sail the southern seas, and yet that isn't what happens.

A bit to read: http://www.phy6.org/stargaze/Scolumb.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

KitKat, I love your line about Christ being in the theatre with you. That's how it should be!

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

shellertx wrote:Mathematics prove the earth is round.
Spehere? or Round?.. or enclosed system that is round and flat?

infinite plane? Hollow Earth? or convex earth? concave earth?

many theories out there.. and Sphere Earth is a theory.. someone please explain all the NASA fakery and images.. if we are up there why the hell do we not have a real time video of the earth for at least a 24 hr period showing its a sphere and that it rotates?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;

7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.

8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.

9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim

So here's what we know-
1- The earth is a planet. Planets are globes. Angels do not reside on this planet, but on another one, one where God dwells.
2- God resides on a globe. His globe is a Urim and Thummim.
3- The earth isn't a Urim and Thumim yet, but it will be once sanctified and immortal.

We can conclude, very easily, that the earth isn't flat.

The scriptures really AREN'T that hard to understand.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

shadow wrote:6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;

7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.

8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.

9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim

So here's what we know-
1- The earth is a planet. Planets are globes. Angels do not reside on this planet, but on another one, one where God dwells.
2- God resides on a globe. His globe is a Urim and Thummim.
3- The earth isn't a Urim and Thumim yet, but it will be once sanctified and immortal.

We can conclude, very easily, that the earth isn't flat.

The scriptures really AREN'T that hard to understand.
I'm not going to argue the earth is flat, but clearly neither are you because none of what you said here proves anything about the current shape of this telestial abode.