BYU = Ignorance is Dangerous

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ithink
captain of 1,000

BYU = Ignorance is Dangerous

Post by ithink »

Oh boy, where do I start. @-)

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=42580806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Naive
Naive
byuhijab.JPG (58.44 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
A seemingly nice gesture, but in reality, these students are totally naive. Do they not know that real Muslim women in real Muslim societies CANNOT take the hijab off? Well, they can, but if they do....
The legacy of Mohammed and Islam
The legacy of Mohammed and Islam
muslimacid.jpg (90.57 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
But then again, if you are Mormon, and you wear these...
Garments
Garments
garments.JPG (104.89 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
... but decide to take them off, it's OUTER DARKNESS for you, for all eternity.

The Mormon girls in the hijab said "We have a lot in common with our Muslim brothers and sister".

Well indeed they do.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: BYU = Ignorance is Dangerous

Post by SmallFarm »

Those who accuse others are often guilty of those things themselves.... =(

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

SmallFarm wrote:Those who accuse others are often guilty of those things themselves.... =(
I don't follow.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

The issue of hijab is complicated. We easily see it as a sign of oppression. But if you talk with muslim women, you learn that not all of them see it themselves that way. So how should we see it then?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

No it is not complicated. The forced wearing of the Hijab is one of the regular features of a cult -- that they dictate what you wear. Along with that is it's "do it or be punished", which is another marker of cults.

Cults are about mind control, and the human mind is plastic above all, so we will never be rid of cults, but we in this modern age should be able to pick them out easily.

In the cartoon you posted, the woman in the bikini is free, as I am sure she chose to wear that, while the woman in the hijab is only in that because she was told to.

If you've ever talked to a cult member and call them on their indoctrination -- as in the hijab (plenty of youtube vids on this), you will soon find yourself talking in circles with them as they have nowhere else to go except back to where you started, as the alternative is to leave the circle -- but to a cult member, that is not an option.
inho wrote:The issue of hijab is complicated. We easily see it as a sign of oppression. But if you talk with muslim women, you learn that not all of them see it themselves that way. So how should we see it then?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

My wife made a good point when she read this. These women are promoting a different religion than Mormonism. Their bishops should have a bit of a talk with them.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

ithink wrote:The forced wearing of the Hijab is one of the regular features of a cult
Absolutely. But if we are talking about Western Muslims, are you sure it is forced? I actually know some Muslim women who choose to wear hijab as a protest to the appearance-related pressures women constantly face.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Maybe these BYU students should start their own church

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

ithink wrote: ... but decide to take them off, it's OUTER DARKNESS for you, for all eternity.

The Mormon girls in the hijab said "We have a lot in common with our Muslim brothers and sister".

Well indeed they do.
Seriously? I'm going to have to point out that this comparison is extremely ridiculous. First off, both men AND women wear the garment if they CHOSE to be endowed and accept those covenants. Second, suggesting that wearing or not wearing a piece of cloth consigns you to outer darkness (reserved for sons of perdition) is not only false doctrine but ignorant in a way that borderlines on the profound.

The only thing in common is that there is a cloth that has a religious association. The social and religious consequences attached to a person's relationship the cloth vary by vast degrees. I can only hope that this was an attempt at some tongue-in-cheek humor.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

If they can wear a hijab at BYU, I want to have a beard to promote looking like Jesus.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

It's forced in Islam, it just is. But is in "enforced"? There have been honor killings in Canada, by Muslims, already.

What they lack is simply numbers, but when they achieve about 10% of the population, then they flick the switch, and poof, it's acid in the face right there. Britain is upside down right now in some areas because of this and everything else that goes with it.

It's a trojan horse cult of the worst kind.
inho wrote:
ithink wrote:The forced wearing of the Hijab is one of the regular features of a cult
Absolutely. But if we are talking about Western Muslims, are you sure it is forced? I actually know some Muslim women who choose to wear hijab as a protest to the appearance-related pressures women constantly face.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Why would any organization care about what hair is on your face?
Sunain wrote:If they can wear a hijab at BYU, I want to have a beard to promote looking like Jesus.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Really Steve? Ever seen anyone walk out of the endowment at the first time? No pressure there eh? You're wouldn't walk out on your salvation ----- would you? Certainly not with God and others standing there looking at you! :NO PRESSURE EH?:

Sorry, but if you ditch the garment, you are an apostate, and you get the nethers -- and nothing else. Geez, if you can't even get a temple recommend because you ditched em, why would you think you could have anything else? And if your "wife" doesn't, she'll go to someone else more worthy. Now is that "doctrine", or not?

And no, this is not funny. Go back and look at those acid burned faces, this is not funny at all. But scroll fast past the garment's, or I'll have to agree with you that it is funny.
5tev3 wrote:
ithink wrote: ... but decide to take them off, it's OUTER DARKNESS for you, for all eternity.

Well indeed they do.
Seriously? I'm going to have to point out that this comparison is extremely ridiculous. First off, both men AND women wear the garment if they CHOSE to be endowed and accept those covenants. Second, suggesting that wearing or not wearing a piece of cloth consigns you to outer darkness (reserved for sons of perdition) is not only false doctrine but ignorant in a way that borderlines on the profound.

The only thing in common is that there is a cloth that has a religious association. The social and religious consequences attached to a person's relationship the cloth vary by vast degrees. I can only hope that this was an attempt at some tongue-in-cheek humor.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

ithink wrote:Oh boy, where do I start. @-)

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=42580806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

byuhijab.JPG

A seemingly nice gesture, but in reality, these students are totally naive. Do they not know that real Muslim women in real Muslim societies CANNOT take the hijab off? Well, they can, but if they do....
I can see your outrage, but it doesn't matter. In only a matter of a few short generations, all women will be required to wear the hijab or even worse. The future always favors the fertile -- and guess who's having the babies? Not the left-wing social justice warriors.

Better get used to it.
Last edited by Todd on December 21st, 2016, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

ithink wrote:And no, this is not funny. Go back and look at those acid burned faces, this is not funny at all. But scroll fast past the garment's, or I'll have to agree with you that it is funny.
If you want to leave the church, you can just leave. You'll probably cause some social issues among your circles that you are involved in, but you can't make any major changes in your life without doing that anyway.

If what you are participating in isn't true then there is not reason to worry. When you go, nobody is throwing acid on your face or threatening to kill you, THAT is the difference. Nobody is threatening you with physical harm or death. Before 9/11, there were some missionaries in my zone teaching a family of about 26 Muslims who wanted to convert, it was as a cool story and then we were told that they had to stop teaching them because their other family was threatening to kill them. The teaching stopped and we were told to avoid teaching Muslims. I remembered not knowing much about Muslims at the time and thinking how insane is was that even in America they could be threatened with death for changing religions.

There's no comparison, sorry.

And yes, there is gravity put on temple covenants. There is in the Bible as well, read some of what Jesus said sometime about unpardonable sins and choosing not to follow him anymore. If salvation wasn't important and it didn't depend on some kind of commitment on our part, and there was no danger at all then religion would be no issue. If the teachings of the temple and the Bible and other scriptures are true, then we deserve to be instructed in a manner that illustrates the gravity of the situation.

If you think there is no threat, then ignore it.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Todd wrote:

byuhijab.JPG

I can see your outrage, but it doesn't matter. In only a matter of a few short generations, all women will be required to wear the hijab or even worse. The future always favors the fertile -- and guess who's having the babies? Not the left-wing social justice warriors.

Better get used to it.
True. I know a lot of liberal, Trump-hating, women. None of them have children.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

ithink wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:Those who accuse others are often guilty of those things themselves.... =(
I don't follow.
Some advice for the accusers. Are you one?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

http://www.kittyprettygifts.com/Crazy_Cat_Lady_Game.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Yes, we Mormons are always setting off bombs, shooting people, driving trucks into crowded markets, chanting death to anyone who doesn't convert as we march in the street, beating non believers.
Yes, very similar.
dc

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Do you not contradict yourself? I'd say you do, and it's plain to see. First you say there is no reason to worry, then you say there is gravity on temple "covenants". Well: which is it? Acid faces is one thing, but surely, eternal damnation is another, is it not?

Of course, we both know the real answer to what that is, and surely, the differences between Islam and Mormonism are less than the similarities.
5tev3 wrote:
ithink wrote:And no, this is not funny. Go back and look at those acid burned faces, this is not funny at all. But scroll fast past the garment's, or I'll have to agree with you that it is funny.
If you want to leave the church, you can just leave. You'll probably cause some social issues among your circles that you are involved in, but you can't make any major changes in your life without doing that anyway.

If what you are participating in isn't true then there is not reason to worry. When you go, nobody is throwing acid on your face or threatening to kill you, THAT is the difference. Nobody is threatening you with physical harm or death. Before 9/11, there were some missionaries in my zone teaching a family of about 26 Muslims who wanted to convert, it was as a cool story and then we were told that they had to stop teaching them because their other family was threatening to kill them. The teaching stopped and we were told to avoid teaching Muslims. I remembered not knowing much about Muslims at the time and thinking how insane is was that even in America they could be threatened with death for changing religions.

There's no comparison, sorry.

And yes, there is gravity put on temple covenants. There is in the Bible as well, read some of what Jesus said sometime about unpardonable sins and choosing not to follow him anymore. If salvation wasn't important and it didn't depend on some kind of commitment on our part, and there was no danger at all then religion would be no issue. If the teachings of the temple and the Bible and other scriptures are true, then we deserve to be instructed in a manner that illustrates the gravity of the situation.

If you think there is no threat, then ignore it.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Accuser of what?
SmallFarm wrote:
ithink wrote:
I don't follow.
Some advice for the accusers. Are you one?

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Todd, you get it. That is my point. Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Todd has laid out the Muslim agenda, one that the Muslim leaders themselves admit was and is their game plan all along.

We differ though in that you say it's too late. No, it's not. Knowledge is power, but worse, are those who think they have it when they do not.

Never stop asking questions, and when anyone deviates from the topic and points the finger at you and tells YOU to stop asking questions, then you know at that moment what is really going on.

Todd wrote:

byuhijab.JPG

Better get used to it.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

ithink wrote:Do you not contradict yourself? I'd say you do, and it's plain to see. First you say there is no reason to worry, then you say there is gravity on temple "covenants". Well: which is it? Acid faces is one thing, but surely, eternal damnation is another, is it not?
There is a huge difference between the terrestrial kingdom and outer darkness. And there has never been a doctrine of the church, or even a statement from a church leader, that not properly wearing what we covenant to wear will send us to outer darkness.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

ithink wrote:Todd, you get it. That is my point. Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Todd has laid out the Muslim agenda, one that the Muslim leaders themselves admit was and is their game plan all along.

We differ though in that you say it's too late. No, it's not. Knowledge is power, but worse, are those who think they have it when they do not.

Never stop asking questions, and when anyone deviates from the topic and points the finger at you and tells YOU to stop asking questions, then you know at that moment what is really going on.

Todd wrote:

byuhijab.JPG

Better get used to it.
Perhaps you are right. I'd like to think it is never too late, but the fact is that we (the developed nations) have total fertility rates below the replacement level (about 2.1 children per woman). Considering the attitudes of the majority of the child-bearing folks in this country, I seriously doubt this is going to get much better in the next 20 years.

The good news is the muslim nations are also seeing a decline in fertility rates but nothing like the liberated folks over here.

It's like watching a multi-car pile up in slow motion. I believe we, as a nation, are too far gone to realize that we are breading ourselves into oblivion.