Elector Resigns Rather Than Vote For Trump: POLL

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Will Faithless Electors Change the Outcome of This Vote?

No, we'll still get Trump elected
89%
It may be close
6%
The hildabeast will get in.
No votes
I don't care, we'll still have bacon and BBQs (the modern day equivalent of Nero's fiddling)
6%

Total votes: 18
skmo
captain of 1,000

Elector Resigns Rather Than Vote For Trump: POLL

Post by skmo »

Texas Republican elector Art Sisneros resigns Rather Than Vote For Donald Trump

I take my hat off to this guy. Not because he won't vote for Trump, (because sadly, embarrassingly, he's the considerably less horrific choice) but because he had the honor to step forward and say he couldn't fulfill his responsibility as elector. Since so many of the "Sore Loser" types are crying to make electors feel obligated to vote for the witch they want, it's good to see some people still understand the concept of duty, honor, and responsibility.

I hope the question of faithless electors doesn't come up too much more, but does anyone think it could actually change the outcome of the vote?

Tetraman
captain of 100

Re: Elector Resigns Rather Than Vote For Trump: POLL

Post by Tetraman »

I thought most states allow the party that won to select the electors.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

skmo wrote:
it's good to see some people still understand the concept of duty, honor, and responsibility.
If this guy took his duty, honor, and responsibility seriously he would cast his vote the way he agreed to when he took the position and not leave in a hissy fit.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

mirkwood wrote:If this guy took his duty, honor, and responsibility seriously he would cast his vote the way he agreed to when he took the position and not leave in a hissy fit.
I don't see it that way. He was a member of the Electoral College before the election, and he had previously expressed that he did not want Trump to be the Republican nominee. Now that Trump has won the electoral college presumptive vote, the guy says he cannot stop Trump from being elected according to the legal process but that he cannot be part of the group that does it because he doesn't believe Trump is qualified. I agree with him, although I wouldn't have a problem casting my vote for him were I in the position of elector.

He didn't take the position promising to vote for Trump, he took the position because he supported the GOP. When the GOP lost its mind and decided to elect a clown to the office, he couldn't support them, but he wasn't going to betray them. His conscience wouldn't let him cast a vote for a candidate who is little more than (or even less than) a mockery of the election process but he refused to act as a faithless elector.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

We will have to agree to disagree.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Well, I will admit that he was honest about what he would do as an elector, something I wish a lot of people would be. The sad fact is though, he wasn't someone who was qualified as an elector with all his talk about how a candidate should be elected by "Bible Values".

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

This is an exhibit of the worst display of dishonesty, failure of duty, neglect of duty, this is a spoiled brat/child. How low can a human go? This is one of the lowest possible things any human could do.
dc