Trump Does The Unthinkable

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Trump Does The Unthinkable

Post by eddie »

Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump's campaign manager, on Monday rebutted criticisms that her candidate was not nearly as charitable as he has claimed.

An extensive investigation from the Washington Post has claimed that Trump's philanthropy "falls short of his words," and some have pointed to that type of finding as a reason not to support the GOP nominee.

Conway told CNBC, however, that she has personally seen Trump write donations to charity.

"It is not true," she said of those claims that Trump is lying about his charitable giving. "I'm rebutting it right now, it's not fair and it's not true."

"He's a very generous man, I've seen him write checks, I've been there when he's writing checks to people," she added.

In fact, Conway said, Trump's run for the presidency is an example of his penchant for civic sacrifice.

"And the fact is that the idea that somebody who has made such a tremendous sacrifice to run for president — basically a huge sacrifice: didn't need the money, didn't need the fame, didn't need the power, didn't need the status — and you've got a lot of deals that didn't get done, I'm sure, in the Trump Corporation because the guy at the top is running for president," she said.

"Those are tremendous sacrifices, he's been incredibly generous, he doesn't talk about it, but he's been able to connect people with resources and opportunity and to help them get a hand up over time, and I think it's incredibly important that people look at that."

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

eddie wrote: By stating that he needs a chance, I was referring to the fact that he hasn't even been inaugurated. Criticizing before the guy even STARTS the job is just nonsense. So yeah, he will work for the public, and thanks to the American's who voted him in!
He's making decisions now for all the see. He's making statements for all to hear. So far, what he said he would do is not materializing. You don't have to wait for January to see that or say that.

You've been duped, Trump voter.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

ebenezerarise wrote:
eddie wrote: By stating that he needs a chance, I was referring to the fact that he hasn't even been inaugurated. Criticizing before the guy even STARTS the job is just nonsense. So yeah, he will work for the public, and thanks to the American's who voted him in!
He's making decisions now for all the see. He's making statements for all to hear. So far, what he said he would do is not materializing. You don't have to wait for January to see that or say that.

You've been duped, Trump voter.
It wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. Faith is a principle of action, I made my vote count, I did what I think is best for America.
So sit around and whine, berate the new President, I would expect nothing less! 8-|

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

eddie wrote: So sit around and whine, berate the new President, I would expect nothing less! 8-|
I didn't vote for him. I've got the right...to be right.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

ebenezerarise wrote:
eddie wrote: So sit around and whine, berate the new President, I would expect nothing less! 8-|
I didn't vote for him. I've got the right...to be right.
Or wrong, and hopefully admit.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Trump Does The Unthnkable

Post by kittycat51 »

ebenezerarise wrote:Mistake #1 by Trump: not going after Hillary **AS PROMISED**

For those who voted for this guy, expect to be let down.
Did the thought ever cross anyone's mind that if Trump started talking big about going after Hillary, Obama would SURELY save and pardon her before hand? Maybe Trump is playing it low so that the attention is taken from Hillary...and then BLAM he can nail her after inauguration. Wishful thinking?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

kittycat51 wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:Mistake #1 by Trump: not going after Hillary **AS PROMISED**

Did the thought ever cross anyone's mind that if Trump started talking big about going after Hillary, Obama would SURELY save and pardon her before hand? Maybe Trump is playing it low so that the attention is taken from Hillary...and then BLAM he can nail her after inauguration. Wishful thinking?
Wow, KC51, excellent point. I really hadn't thought of that.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

The decision to prosecute Hillary should be left up to the DOJ not Trump.

Anyways, there are people in Congress that still may mess with Hillary some more.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

larsenb wrote:

Fully expect ebenezerarise and Silver to be continually let down and disappointed by Trump. I believe this will be a sure thing.
I just wanted to things to improve overall. I don't want the end of the middle class, stuck in perpetual over 1 trillion dollar deficits, I don't care who is in office, I just want it fixed.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

On youtube, Trump wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Transition 2017 is the channel.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

kittycat51 wrote:

A lot of us have thought of that and many other possible ruses along the same lines.
However, we have a good handful of perpetual nay-sayers here who just want to jump directly into griping, and moaning and groaning.
dc

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Benjamin_LK wrote:
larsenb wrote:

Fully expect ebenezerarise and Silver to be continually let down and disappointed by Trump. I believe this will be a sure thing.
I just wanted to things to improve overall. I don't want the end of the middle class, stuck in perpetual over 1 trillion dollar deficits, I don't care who is in office, I just want it fixed.
How do you fix a 20 trillion deficit without massive pain?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

rewcox wrote:
Benjamin_LK wrote:
larsenb wrote:

How do you fix a 20 trillion deficit without massive pain?