The Scary TRUTH About Donald Trump

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Re: The Scary TRUTH About Donald Trump

Post by GradyKeyser »

Let’s Remember The Cowardly Conservative Leaders Who Betrayed Us For Trump
Matt Walsh Mar 15, 2016 3:38 pm

As unpleasant a task as it may be, I think we need to identify the traitors and remember their names. We do this not out of spite, but in keeping with the Bible’s many warnings about false prophets. Scripture urges us to “expose the unfruitful works of darkness” (Ephesians 5:11) and avoid becoming partners with those “who deceive with empty words” (Ephesians 5:6). Colossians implores us not to be “taken captive by deceit.” We’re warned in 2 Timothy that the time will come when people will not want to hear the truth, so they will surround themselves with frauds who tell them what their “itching ears want to hear.” I believe we have arrived at that moment, and it is now urgent that we specifically identify these frauds and false teachers. This is not a fun or polite process, but it is necessary, so we must get on with it.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

freedomforall wrote:
larsenb wrote:But I think you also have to be very careful about unrighteous judgement. We have been cautioned about being accusers of our brethren (meaning our fellow-human beings). This is one of Lucifer's monikers.

Better, I think, to call attention to specific and wrong things you have strong evidence that certain people are DOING or have done, is legitimate. It is expected of us to help keep our leaders and rulers on the straight and narrow. Otherwise, you are on shaky ground, in my strongly held view.

I just listened to Trump's News Conference and thought he did a magnificent job. I think you should try to relax and just see what he is able to do, in terms of doing good. Do I have much hope that you are amenable to this kind of a suggestion? No. Not really.
Excluding you, do you know of anyone on this forum that posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response? Or is it just me?
You mean, are there those on this board who are fond of 'trolling'? Unfortunately, yes . . . . whether they are doing consciously or unconsciously.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

GradyKeyser wrote:Trump and all of congress and the legislators have the same mindset believing that terrorist are responsible for 911 and that war is justified, it's nothing but lie's and we know it. Bid Laden is not the master mind of 911. The Obama administration is planned and staged to fall apart for the pendulum to swing back in favor of the Trump administration. Both these evil men are part of this evil conspiracy to eradicate a fake enemy Islam. Who created radical Islam? Radical Islam's threat and risk was created by the secret combinations (create the problem make the solution). Their solution is to create a war to bring greater and further controls over the people, almost every war that we have ever fought was in vain and left blood on our hands unjustified. Lies, lies, lies, we continue to fall for this great deception and continue to be in in denial. These wars are sick and are nothing more than a decoy to bring the people into subjection under satans evil power. The people are falling for this great lie that we must fight Islam, when the real threat is the evil and satanic influence that is over Washington D.C. That influence will never lift until God sweeps these wicked tyrants off. The Christians in this nation have their heads buried deep in the sand supporting this great evil justifying these satanic wars. History shows that a nation falls from within not from without, the real enemy is here right in our own midst and it is the secret combinations not radical Islam. And the people are waiting to see what Trump does when in office? How absurd and ignorant this thinking is, he's already guilty of a treasonous and wicked path in the quest for these evil wars. Our whole government is guilty of treason and we think their going to do whats right. Not so..

Mosiah 16:3
For they are carnal and devilish, and the devil has power over them; yea, even that old serpent that did beguile our first parents, which was the cause of their fall; which was the cause of all mankind becoming carnal, sensual, devilish, knowing evil from good, subjecting themselves to the devil.
"Absurd and ignorant"?

As mentioned, from my perspective you're getting a lot of things right. But, again, from my perspective, you go off track with your black and white judgements. Trump really hasn't had the power to establish a track record or establish guilt for following "a treasonous and wicked path in the quest for these evil wars". You're waaaaaaay jumping the gun . . . being caught in a black-and-white judgement of the man. But as noticed before, this seems to be your style.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

To trolls on board:
Flying Fickle Finger.jpg
Flying Fickle Finger.jpg (86.72 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote:To trolls on board:

Flying Fickle Finger.jpg

=)) Didn't they give this award on Laugh In, the old T.V show?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote:
freedomforall wrote:To trolls on board:

Flying Fickle Finger.jpg

=)) Didn't they give this award on Laugh In, the old T.V show?
Bingo! I was wondering if anyone remembered seeing this award before. I suppose it is a universal award. can be presented for almost any reason.

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

I feel as though I am among the honorable of the earth when I am here; and when I get mixed up with the people abroad, and mingle with the great people in the world, I feel otherwise. I have seen and deplored the weakness of men ÄÄ their folly, selfishness, and corruption. I do not know how they feel, but I have witnessed a great deal of ignorance and folly, I think there is a great deal of great littleness about them. There is very little power among them, their institutions are shattered, cracked, and laid open to the foundation. It is no matter what principle you refer to ÄÄ if to their religion, it is a pack of nonsense; if to their philosophy and politics, they are a mass of dark confusion; their governments, churches, philosophy, and religion, are all darkness, misery, corruption, and folly. I see nothing but Babylon wherever I go ÄÄ but darkness and confusion, with not a ray of light to cheer the sinking spirits of the nations of the earth, nor any hope that they will be delivered in this world, or in the world to come. Journal of Discourses Vol 01 4:6 JOHN TAYLOR

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

GradyKeyser wrote:JOHN TAYLOR
Deep distrust of government at the heart of America's greatness
By Walter E. Williams
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009 12:02 a.m. MDT

Americans are harder workers, more philanthropic, individualistic, self-reliant and anti-government than people in most other countries. We've turned what was an 18th-century Third World nation into the freest and most prosperous nation in mankind's entire history. Throughout our history, the United States has been a magnet for immigrants around the world. What accounts for what some have called American exceptionalism?
We Americans, as human beings, are no different from any other people, including Germans, Russians, Chinese, Africans and other people who have produced tyrannical regimes such as those of Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong and Idi Amin. As such, we are just as capable of committing acts of gross evil that have been a part of mankind throughout its history. We've not been a perfect nation, but we've never approached the level of hideousness seen in other nations. That's despite the fact that our population consists of people who have for centuries been trying to slaughter one another in their home countries, whether it's between the French and Germans, English and Irish, Japanese and Chinese, Palestinians and Jews, or the Igbos and Hausa of Nigeria. Thrown into the American mosaic are members of religions that have been in conflict for centuries, such as Catholics and Protestants, and Christians and Muslims. The question is: Why is the United States an exception, and will it remain so?
At the heart of the American idea is the deep distrust and suspicion the founders of our nation had for government, distrust and suspicion not shared as much by today's Americans. Some of the founders' distrust is seen in our Constitution's language, such as Congress shall not abridge, infringe, deny, disparage, violate and deny. If the founders did not believe Congress would abuse our God-given rights, they would not have provided those protections. After all, one would not expect to find a Bill of Rights in Heaven; it would be an affront to God. Other founder distrust for government is found in the Constitution's separation of powers, checks and balances and the several anti-majoritarian provisions, such as the Electoral College and the requirement that three-quarters of state legislatures ratify changes in the Constitution.
The three branches of our federal government are no longer bound by the Constitution as the framers envisioned, and what is worse is American ignorance and acceptance of such rogue behavior. Look at the current debate over government involvement in health, business bailouts and stimulus packages. The debate centers around questions as to whether such involvement is a good idea or a bad idea and whether one program is more costly than another. Those questions are entirely irrelevant to what should be debated, namely: Is such government involvement in our lives permissible under the U.S. Constitution?
That question is not part of the debate. The American people, along with our elected representatives, whether they're Republicans or Democrats, care less about what is and what is not permissible under our Constitution. They think Congress has the right to do anything upon which they can secure a majority vote, whether they have the constitutional or moral authority to do so or not. What Congress does have is the brute force to enforce compliance with their unconstitutional acts. You say, "What do you mean, Williams?" Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution grants Congress the power to tax and spend for the enumerated activities therein. Every American is duty-bound to pay his share. Congress has neither constitution nor moral authority to take the earnings of one American for the benefit of another American. What do you think will happen to you if don't comply, say, with Congress' demand that part of your earnings be taken to bail out a failing business? You'll see all the brute force that you want to see, and if you resist too much, death is not off the table.
We are losing what's made our country great. Instead of moving toward greater liberty, we're moving toward greater government control of our lives.

Comments

Roland Kayser | 12:20 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
At the time the constitution was written, America had three million inhabitants, the overwhelming majority of them small farmers. America was irrelevant in terms of economic or political power, and was virtually isolated from the world. There was no transportation and no communication. Andrew Jackson famously won the battle of New Orleans several weeks after the War of 1812 had been ended by peace treaty. News of the war's end had not reached him yet.
Anyone who thinks that a government suited for that time would be suited to ours is living in a fantasy world. Does that mean that I support everything the government does? Absolutely not.
Lew Jeppson | 1:31 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
"What Congress does have is the brute force to enforce compliance with their unconstitutional acts." Yes government always has the power of brute force. But in the American experience, capital also has had that power using government as a lever, breaking strikes, smashing organized labor, indeed making unions illegal (their probably isn't a union Williams wouldn't like to break - it's his bread and butter). This is a dimension Williams can't see through his ideological fog. The question is not government power, it always has it. The questions is - who controls it? This has been the struggle throughout our history, between labor and capital. I know which side Williams is on.
Anon | 2:57 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
America at the time of the constitution was 95% rural/agrarian and 5% Urban. That has since reversed itself. Life in a modern urban society requires sacrificing liberties that rural citizens once enjoyed. For example, how many of us would tolerate our next door neighbor conducting target practice in his back yard? Modern urban societies are necessarily more complex, and overy simplistic arguments such as those put forth by Mr. Willams lack relevancy.
Well written and documented... | 4:18 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
article. It represents a meaningful warning voice to most Americans. Sometimes we forget who is in charge. Our founding fathers knew the answer when they declared, "We the people...". It will remain our fault, however, if we keep electing these bozo's who strive for public office for their own selfish, political, greedy reasons. Too many of them are power hungry politicians who service their own self centered agendas rather than the statesmen representing the people they ought to be. Collectively, we ought to, as Americans, take control again and put the country back on course.
Timothy D | 5:53 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Our current administration is embarassed by our exceptionalism. We should all be part of a dumbed down mediocre mass of government wards. Our current administration is praised by the world who have never been able to meet the standards that we strive to achieve and is an embarassment to those who actually achieve and understand American exceptionalism.
S2 | 5:56 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Perhaps too pessimistic for elementary school age kids to handle, but does one suppose there has been or has anyone experienced this clear-cut representation of citizen and government in our public schools in the last 30 years?
I am not pointing at the NEA directly, but just sayin'.....
North Carolina Reader | 7:05 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Professor Williams is right on! I hope enough people will wake up and make a difference. I'm trying to educate those around me.
Doug G | 7:06 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
The greatness causing distrust has morphed into disdain and hatred, and that's not working for us nor causing greatness.
Brute Government | 8:19 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
The past 40 years has seen the government grow into a monster. That monster will rampage. At this point, it will not be contained. It will die of its own weight and murdurousness, just as all governments end. God help the USA.
Gus | 8:20 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Get big business, big government, and expecially BIG RELIGION out of our lives.
@Gus | 9:08 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
BIG RELIGION is way down on the list of things we need to worry about.
Hmmmm | 9:08 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
"Anyone who thinks that a government suited for that time would be suited to ours is living in a fantasy world"
Some people believe that sound principles are timeless and enduring whether they apply to 8 million or 300 million. Implementations change but sound principles remain.
I hope that we hold to the principles established by our constitution and not abandom them for the moral flavor of the day.
Roland Kayser | 9:56 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
You can't have limited government if you are the world's hegemonic military power. The founders explicitly warned against maintaining a standing army, and we never had one until the end of WWII. It requires a poweful state to administer the military-industrial complex which maintains almost 1000 bases around the world.
"The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force".--Thomas Jefferson
Veteran | 10:30 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
The Constitution as written and envisioned by the founding fathers was and still could be a wonderful document if followed by Congress and someone Williams forgot. That man in the white house and his czars are far more dangerous to America then Congress.
Striking a balance | 10:34 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Alan Greenspan:
"I've found a flaw in the system"
testifying before Congress in regard to the recent economic collapse.
What "system" was Greenspan referring to? The belief that markets will "self-regulate" that regulation is unnecessary/undesirable, which is the libertarian approach to economics.
We need govt. regulation. Apparently too many of us are driven by greed and short-term gain. Govt. does have a very important role in society. There has been a consolidation of businesses leading to larger and larger corporations which are "too big to fail." I don't think most people understand how very close we came to a complete meltdown--massive bank failings accompanied by massive business failings. GE was near the top of those which would've failed.
Very interesting program found on-line at PBS Frontline--"The Warning."
Anonymous | 10:34 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
You modernists who reject the constitution as being relevant today seem to be saying that freedom is outmoded. The constitution is what should be protecting our freedom. Sure wish the politicians would read it occasionally. Or maybe they could have their numerous staff read it and give them a digest, as they do on all the bills they vote on.
Cursed Nation? | 10:47 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
"Cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh". Indications are that we are cursed then, inasmuch as we look to men to serve us well. I personally believe in timeless principles and limited government.
It still works; try it!
Nathan | 10:54 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
@Roland Kayser
Some things change, but human nature has not. Our constitution was designed to allow free people to govern themselves, while providing checks and balances against the dangers inherent in human nature.
The founders knew there would be arrogant fools. So they placed well-defined limits on government power, in order to limit the damage these fools could do.
Don't try to put power in the hands of an Obama that you wouldn't want in the hands of a Bush.
Mike in Texas | 11:11 a.m. Oct. 21, 2009
If you want to "take back this country" then you must be willing to do what is required to keep our elected officials responsive to the needs of the people. Our current problem now is not so much "Big Government" as it is "corrupt goverment".
The sad truth is that we have in the halls of congress the best politicians that money can buy.
From time to time, there have been half hearted and largely ineffective attempts to get money out of our politics so that issues can be resolved on merit and without regard to the power of special interests.
The way out is simple, but hard. There needs to be a constitutional ammendment to permit congress to establish reasonable controls to restrain or eliminate political gifts and contributions. This new amendment must declare that political gifts or emoluments given to political candidates shall not be classified as protected "free speech" under the first ammendment, and that congress shall have the power to significantly limit political contributions, and provide for public funding for candidates running for federal office.
RedShirt | 12:23 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
To "Striking a balance | 10:34 a.m." for healthcare, we need less government. Government mandates account for 20% to 50% of the cost of insurance.
In the paper "THE ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF STATE-MANDATED HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS" by Robert Sobers, he shows that 25% of the uninsured are that way because government mandates made insurance cost more than they could afford.
In 1956, there were 6 mandates on health insurance, currently there are nearly 2000 mandates on health insurance.
If you look at the graph in "The True Effects of Comprehensive Coverage: Examining State Health Insurance Mandates" at the Baton Rouge Area Chamber web site, you can see that since Hillary care was defeated in 1994, the government has been adding mandates to health insurance at such a fast rate that it is designed to kill the health insurance industry.
Unless you can figure out how to get the government to actually regulate itself, and not pretend to do so, it isn't bigger government that we need.
Roland Kayser | 12:27 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
There were many Republicans who made the same argument during the Bush administration. "Don't let President Bush assume any powers you wouldn't want Hillary Clinton to have". They got the Democratic candidate wrong, but the setiment was right. Too bad Bush wouldn't listen.
I am not arguing for increased presidential power. The founders clearly intended congress to be the dominant branch of government, and I think they were right.
@Mike in Texas | 12:50 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
You are talking about eliminating the constitutional right to petition the government. Without the possibility of the public funding lobbyists and making petition upon politician, what do you believe would influence them? Pure unadulterated unfettered power. The solution is not so easy my friend. The corruption runs very deep in our modern society. Nothing short of a return to morality in public and private life will do. Unfortunately such changes in societies usually come only after cataclysmic misfortunes.
Steve (the actuary) | 2:41 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Americans distrust the gov't. Wake up idiots YOU ARE THE GOVERNMENT.
Big Government | 3:57 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
Lets face it. People have found that they can vote how to spend other people's money. They can even vote to put someone else's money into their own pocket. The government was supposed to protect an individual's property rights. Instead, government has been turned into a mechanism to lawfully steal.
Nathan | 5:19 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
@Roland Kayser
A Congress that has the power to take away your property and give it to someone else is as much a danger in modern times as it was in agrarian times.
That's why the Founders put the most power in the hands of the branch that's easiest to replace. Which is what I suggest we do -- starting with "Bailout Bob" Bennett.
All Knowing | 7:38 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
@Roland Kayser 9:56 a.m.:
"The founders explicitly warned against maintaining a standing army, and we never had one until the end of WWII."
You must maintain a standing army these days if any part of the rest of the world maintains one, otherwise you're toast. "Carry a big stick," I think it's called.
All Knowing | 7:49 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
@Anonymous 10:34 a.m.: "Sure wish the politicians would read it (the Constitution) occasionally."
They do read it... and they find nothing in it that limits their power in any way to do anything they wish... regardless of the restrictions laid out in Article 1, section 8.
Its all about fear! | 8:14 p.m. Oct. 21, 2009
The government used to have to fear the voice of it's citizens.
Today, the people have to fear the government! What should we fear the most? Taxation,out of control spending and massive oceans of red ink and ever increasing power grabbing: bailout and government healthcare:real risks, real fears!
A Founding Father | 12:04 a.m. Oct. 22, 2009
John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and righteous people. It is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other."
We will continue to see an erosion of our constitutional rights as we continue to become a less moral and righteous people.
Spencer W. Morgan | 5:43 p.m. Oct. 22, 2009
This point needs to be made more often. So often the big government worshipping medial channels for both parties just accept the presumption that mistrust of government is a sad, horrible thing that needs to be fixed.
The fact is that as the founders said "the price of liberty is eternal vigilance" and since governments are the historical enemy to liberty, they need the most vigilance and scrutiny if liberty is to be preserved.
"We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties" - James Madison.

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

How is it that men continue to put their trust in the arm of flesh, through media or a personal "mentor" to get the direction they should take ? Why have the people not been informed in true history that would set them free in their minds knowing how to approach these decisions. The victors of these damning wars re right the history that the people continue to believe the lies to this day. We have not put our trust in God but in the Arm of flesh and it has caused the people to be denial of the truth rejecting it for the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. This is the easy way out with no sacrifice and no persecution that brings a sense of security, but trading liberty for security they deserve neither. The United States once a great nation and the most blessed above all others has sold it's pot of porage and in the name of it's so called philanthropy that it has offered the world in a guise to bring nations into subjection to it's once of old time a constitutional republic to a totalitarian Babylonian empire, where priest's at the pulpit are paid for hire and threw fear of men teach the precepts of men confusing it for the word of God because the heavens are like brass above them. Compromise and concession is the result of this fear which has caused the changing of ordnances and breaking the everlasting covenant. We are no longer a blessed nation but have been uprooted from our heritage no longer a peculiar people looking with a eye single to his glory. We have become distant from our roots having become unfamiliar with the teachings of the true gospel that began with the restoration. In replacement of this sacred past the people have subjected themselves to psychology believing in the inner self ( feelings and emotions ), and self esteem instead of confidence, theory instead of facts. God is the same yesterday today and forever through out all time, where there is no shadow of change. The constitution of the United States applies now the same as it did when it was ratified, there are no excuses for our behavior as a nation, our government has been guilty of treason for decades of the many unsanctioned wars it has committed against nations abroad, Israel has tricked us into much of this to our demise. We will be held accountable for these atrocities. Why would one think for one second that this new administration is not influenced by this satanic power thats taken root for centuries in this nation, they are not only influenced by these evil powers but are yes men to these elite gadianton controlled Heretics. America has become a wicked nation guilty above all. Where much is given much is expected. We continue to pound down the doors of any nation that does not submit to our tyranny, and we think we are just! Meanwhile we serve the god of baal worshiping idols untold, kill our babies in many fashions, make compromise with morality to a deviant mindset lusting after the flesh, seeking after the fashions of the world looking down at our neighbor thats not in the groove of the world. We aspire to the honors of men seeking for praise and honor in all things that we might be awarded openly, aspiring to the prestigious position of doctorate degree in the building up of Babylon and replacing true true knowledge with the education of men. We are not on Gods errand and are a terrible example to the world, no wonder many hate us and seek for our destruction, we have stirred a hornets nest. May God help us.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

GradyKeyser wrote: America has become a wicked nation guilty above all.
A book list:

An Enemy Hath Done This-------Benson
None Dare Call It Conspiracy-------Gary Allen
Prophets, Principles and National Survival-------Newquist
The Making of America-------Johnston
The Cleansing of America-------Cleon Skousen
The Charter of Liberty-------Nelson
The Light of Liberty-------Dunn
American Covenant-------Timothy Ballard
A Patriot's History of the United States-------Schweikart and Allen
Latter-day Prophets and the United States Constitution-------Cannon
The Great Prologue-------Mark E Petersen
A Voice of Warning-------Parley P Pratt
The Naked Communist-------Cleon Skousen
The Naked Socialist-------Paul Skousen
The Naked Capitalist-------Skousen
Secret Combinations Today-------Robert E Hales
Rocking Island--------Edwin M Love
Last edited by freedomforall on January 15th, 2017, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

GradyKeyser wrote:How is it that men continue to put their trust in the arm of flesh, through media or a personal "mentor" to get the direction they should take ? Why have the people not been informed in true history that would set them free in their minds knowing how to approach these decisions. The victors of these damning wars re right the history that the people continue to believe the lies to this day. We have not put our trust in God but in the Arm of flesh and it has caused the people to be denial of the truth rejecting it for the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. This is the easy way out with no sacrifice and no persecution that brings a sense of security, but trading liberty for security they deserve neither. The United States once a great nation and the most blessed above all others has sold it's pot of porage and in the name of it's so called philanthropy that it has offered the world in a guise to bring nations into subjection to it's once of old time a constitutional republic to a totalitarian Babylonian empire, where priest's at the pulpit are paid for hire and threw fear of men teach the precepts of men confusing it for the word of God because the heavens are like brass above them. Compromise and concession is the result of this fear which has caused the changing of ordnances and breaking the everlasting covenant. We are no longer a blessed nation but have been uprooted from our heritage no longer a peculiar people looking with a eye single to his glory. We have become distant from our roots having become unfamiliar with the teachings of the true gospel that began with the restoration. In replacement of this sacred past the people have subjected themselves to psychology believing in the inner self ( feelings and emotions ), and self esteem instead of confidence, theory instead of facts. God is the same yesterday today and forever through out all time, where there is no shadow of change. The constitution of the United States applies now the same as it did when it was ratified, there are no excuses for our behavior as a nation, our government has been guilty of treason for decades of the many unsanctioned wars it has committed against nations abroad, Israel has tricked us into much of this to our demise. We will be held accountable for these atrocities. Why would one think for one second that this new administration is not influenced by this satanic power thats taken root for centuries in this nation, they are not only influenced by these evil powers but are yes men to these elite gadianton controlled Heretics. America has become a wicked nation guilty above all. Where much is given much is expected. We continue to pound down the doors of any nation that does not submit to our tyranny, and we think we are just! Meanwhile we serve the god of baal worshiping idols untold, kill our babies in many fashions, make compromise with morality to a deviant mindset lusting after the flesh, seeking after the fashions of the world looking down at our neighbor thats not in the groove of the world. We aspire to the honors of men seeking for praise and honor in all things that we might be awarded openly, aspiring to the prestigious position of doctorate degree in the building up of Babylon and replacing true true knowledge with the education of men. We are not on Gods errand and are a terrible example to the world, no wonder many hate us and seek for our destruction, we have stirred a hornets nest. May God help us.
Yes Grady, the more You continue to rely on the arm of flesh, the less You will know God or His words.

2nd Chronicles 32:8

8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote:
GradyKeyser wrote:How is it that men continue to put their trust in the arm of flesh, through media or a personal "mentor" to get the direction they should take ? Why have the people not been informed in true history that would set them free in their minds knowing how to approach these decisions. The victors of these damning wars re right the history that the people continue to believe the lies to this day. We have not put our trust in God but in the Arm of flesh and it has caused the people to be denial of the truth rejecting it for the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. This is the easy way out with no sacrifice and no persecution that brings a sense of security, but trading liberty for security they deserve neither. The United States once a great nation and the most blessed above all others has sold it's pot of porage and in the name of it's so called philanthropy that it has offered the world in a guise to bring nations into subjection to it's once of old time a constitutional republic to a totalitarian Babylonian empire, where priest's at the pulpit are paid for hire and threw fear of men teach the precepts of men confusing it for the word of God because the heavens are like brass above them. Compromise and concession is the result of this fear which has caused the changing of ordnances and breaking the everlasting covenant. We are no longer a blessed nation but have been uprooted from our heritage no longer a peculiar people looking with a eye single to his glory. We have become distant from our roots having become unfamiliar with the teachings of the true gospel that began with the restoration. In replacement of this sacred past the people have subjected themselves to psychology believing in the inner self ( feelings and emotions ), and self esteem instead of confidence, theory instead of facts. God is the same yesterday today and forever through out all time, where there is no shadow of change. The constitution of the United States applies now the same as it did when it was ratified, there are no excuses for our behavior as a nation, our government has been guilty of treason for decades of the many unsanctioned wars it has committed against nations abroad, Israel has tricked us into much of this to our demise. We will be held accountable for these atrocities. Why would one think for one second that this new administration is not influenced by this satanic power thats taken root for centuries in this nation, they are not only influenced by these evil powers but are yes men to these elite gadianton controlled Heretics. America has become a wicked nation guilty above all. Where much is given much is expected. We continue to pound down the doors of any nation that does not submit to our tyranny, and we think we are just! Meanwhile we serve the god of baal worshiping idols untold, kill our babies in many fashions, make compromise with morality to a deviant mindset lusting after the flesh, seeking after the fashions of the world looking down at our neighbor thats not in the groove of the world. We aspire to the honors of men seeking for praise and honor in all things that we might be awarded openly, aspiring to the prestigious position of doctorate degree in the building up of Babylon and replacing true true knowledge with the education of men. We are not on Gods errand and are a terrible example to the world, no wonder many hate us and seek for our destruction, we have stirred a hornets nest. May God help us.
Yes Grady, the more You continue to rely on the arm of flesh, the less You will know God or His words.

8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
Who's words did Grady borrow this time? I didn't find this info in my booklet, The Un-Canonized Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

Where has persecution fled? The lacking of it a terrible sign that we are one with the world, and we think we are a righteous people? for the world loves its own. All tables are full of vomit right before our eyes, and the guilty go on unrecognized. The covenant people of the church love Babylon more than God. Are we waiting for God's great wrath to come upon us as a nation before we will recognize our wicked state of affairs. Blood is on the American peoples hands and they are in denial.

President Brigham Young
What is our difficulty? When I go to my prayer-room, among men who have been with me for years, there is too great a diversity of feeling and desires to be in accordance with the Gospel. There is too much of Babylon in that. When that is the case, and when I am praying for one thing and others for another, our faith comes in contact and we do not receive what we ask for. How many times have I said that I would rather have one hundred true Saints in the mountains than five millions that are not Saints. Journal of Discourses Vol 06 6:28

JOSEPH F. SMITH
I am sorry to say that there are some of those who profess to be Latter-day Saints, who meet with the Saints on the Sabbath and partake of the Sacrament, witnessing that they are willing to take upon them the name of Christ, and to follow him through evil as well as good report, and yet in their hearts they oppose the plans and projects of those whom they pretend to uphold and sustain. I know and could call the names of some of these men. Shame on them! I say, in the name of manhood, come out and show your colors! Say you will not be obedient, and cease to be hypocrites, cease lying in the presence of God, and trying to deceive yourselves and your brethren. Tell us what you are, take your stand where you belong, and do not deceive the unwary. You can not deceive those who have the Spirit of God, for they can discern your hearts Journal of Discourses Vol 16 36:11

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Excessive Worry About Others’ Choices and Righteousness

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are counseled to aid and assist our fellow brothers and sisters. The structure of the family, home and visiting teaching, and virtually every other facet of the organization of the Church bears witness to this fact; we’re here to encourage and motivate each other, both temporally and spiritually. However, I believe that too often we become excessively worried about the testimony, beliefs, and moral choices of those who are not in our stewardship as a way to emphasize our own righteousness. "

Julie d Asevedo Hanks, Mormon Life

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote:
eddie wrote:

Who's words did Grady borrow this time? I didn't find this info in my booklet, The Un-Canonized Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
JOD? He thinks they are part of the standard works...

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

So... a question ... the Journal of Discourses is not of the official standard works ... ok, fine . But according to that stand then also all of the talks by all of the leaders since the time of the Journal of Discourses also fall under that same category?

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

GEORGE Q. CANNON
Read the discourses of the first Presidency and the Twelve, and you will see that they are filled with revelation, with light, with knowledge, with wisdom, and with good counsel unto this people. Have this people ever seen the day when the counsel of God's servants has not been sufficient to guide them in the midst of difficulties; No; we never have. There has not been a single minute that this people has been left without the voice of God; there has not been a single minute since this Church was founded to this time that the power of God has not been plainly manifested. Journal of Discourses Vol 10 66:5

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Gerald E. Jones, director, LDS Institute of Religion, Berkeley, California Many queries come from students concerning these twenty-six volumes first published in England between 1853 and 1886. The original intent of their publication was to provide income for George D. Watt, their stenographer and publisher. Many Church members in England desired to read the sermons delivered by the General Authorities of the Church in Utah, and Brother Watt’s books filled that need. He obtained clearance from the First Presidency 1 June 1853. Addressed to Elder Samuel Richards, missionary printer in England, and to “the Saints abroad” this statement introduced volume one:

“Dear Brethren—It is well known to many of you, that Elder George D. Watt, by our counsel, spent much time in the midst of poverty and hardships to acquire the art of reporting in Phonography [shorthand], which he has faithfully and fully accomplished; and he has been reporting the public Sermons, Discourses, Lectures delivered by the Presidency, the Twelve, and others in this city, for nearly two years, almost without fee or reward. Elder Watt now proposes to publish a Journal of these reports, in England, for the benefit of the Saints at large, and to obtain means to enable him to sustain his highly useful position of Reporter. You will perceive at once that this will be a work of mutual benefit, and we cheerfully and warmly request your cooperation in the purchase and sale of the above named Journal, and wish all the profits arising therefrom to be under the control of Elder Watt.” (Signed by Brigham Young, Heber C. Kimball, and Willard Richards.)

The first four volumes were reported by Elder Watt, but after that other reporters are included—one a sister, Julia Young. Brother Watt reported through volume twelve, when David W. Evans became the prime reporter. He was followed by George W. Gibbs, a secretary to the First Presidency.

In considering the reliability of the Journal of Discourses, we should remember certain circumstances.

Though the First Presidency endorsed the publication of the Journal, there was no endorsement as to the accuracy or reliability of the contents. There were occasions when the accuracy was questionable. The accounts were not always cleared by the speakers because of problems of time and distance. This was especially true during the persecution of the 1880s which finally forced the cessation of publication.

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

Who is he? This director for the institute of religion that he should discount the words of a prophet of God. These modern day educators are schooled in the art of dialectics teaching the precepts of men mingled with scripture.

Brigham Young compared his sermons with scripture.
I know just as well what to teach this people and just what to say to them and what to do in order to bring them into the celestial kingdom, as I know the road to my office. It is just as plain and easy. The Lord is in our midst. He teaches the people continually. I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out to the children of men, that they may not call Scripture. Let me have the privilege of correcting a sermon, and it is as good Scripture as they deserve. The people have the oracles of God continually. In the days of Joseph, revelation was given and written and the people were driven from city to city and place to place, until we were led into these mountains. Let this go to the people with "Thus saith the Lord," and if they do not obey it, you will see the chastening hand of the Lord upon them. But it they are plead with, and led along like children, we may come to understand the will of the Lord and He may preserve us as we desire. (J of D vol 13 pg. 39)

Brigham Young said his discourses are as good as Scripture.

"I say now, when they [his discourses] are copied and approved by me they are as good Scripture as is couched in this Bible . . . " (Journal of Discourses, vol. 13, p. 264; see also p. 95).

Brigham Young said he had never given any counsel that was wrong.

"I am here to answer. I shall be on hand to answer when I am called upon, for all the counsel and for all the instruction that I have given to this people. If there is an Elder here, or any member of this Church, called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who can bring up the first idea, the first sentence that I have delivered to the people as counsel that is wrong, I really wish they would do it; but they cannot do it, for the simple reason that I have never given counsel that is wrong; this is the reason." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 16, p. 161).

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

eddie wrote:Excessive Worry About Others’ Choices and Righteousness

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are counseled to aid and assist our fellow brothers and sisters. The structure of the family, home and visiting teaching, and virtually every other facet of the organization of the Church bears witness to this fact; we’re here to encourage and motivate each other, both temporally and spiritually. However, I believe that too often we become excessively worried about the testimony, beliefs, and moral choices of those who are not in our stewardship as a way to emphasize our own righteousness. "

Brigham Young
If your neighbour commits an evil upon another of your neighbours, you are under obligations to see that the person who has committed the evil be suitably chastised, as much so as though the wrong had been committed upon you. Now this is hard to believe; but if you wish to correct people, and lead them to life and salvation, what difference is it where the evil is committed, or upon whom? Is it not the duty of a minister of God to correct evil and take it from an individual or from the people, and place them upon saving ground, whenever an opportunity presents itself? It is the duty of every individual. J of D Vol 08 90:5

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

GradyKeyser wrote:
eddie wrote:Excessive Worry About Others’ Choices and Righteousness

Brigham Young
If your neighbour commits an evil upon another of your neighbours, you are under obligations to see that the person who has committed the evil be suitably chastised, as much so as though the wrong had been committed upon you. Now this is hard to believe; but if you wish to correct people, and lead them to life and salvation, what difference is it where the evil is committed, or upon whom? Is it not the duty of a minister of God to correct evil and take it from an individual or from the people, and place them upon saving ground, whenever an opportunity presents itself? It is the duty of every individual. J of D Vol 08 90:5
eddie wrote:Though the First Presidency endorsed the publication of the Journal, there was no endorsement as to the accuracy or reliability of the contents. There were occasions when the accuracy was questionable. The accounts were not always cleared by the speakers because of problems of time and distance. This was especially true during the persecution of the 1880s which finally forced the cessation of publication.
You lose!
Provide a source that proves this tidbit, in red above, is accurate.

Seems to me actual scripture tells us not to judge, and if we do it must be a righteous judgment.

Also, the statement you provided says to go to the person and talk to them on a personal basis, in and effort to straighten them out and bring them into a state of moving toward salvation. This you are not doing. Instead you ram statements down our throats that may not be accurate...and the guilty party, Trump, has no clue you're even alive.

Or are we to conclude you're here to straighten all the forum members out...because it is crystal clear, you're not going directly to Trump. Go figure!

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

Get a original edition of the Journal of Discourses in " Book " form.

Brigham Young

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

GradyKeyser wrote:Alex Jones 100% Zionist Controlled Gatekeeper - He is not on our side. He is our enemy. Know your enemy. Just More Evidence (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1wL2dZiX0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump and Jones working for the same Zionist forces
Hi GradyKeyser,

So where are you getting your Zionists Conspiracy theories from or are they something you came up with on your own? I don't trust Trump. BTW Hillary is just as evil. I think either way we were screwed and chose poorly. I do believe, however that it is all part of God's plan for the destruction of America so I am not bothered that Trump won but I am bothered that many are looking to him as a Savior. You see here is the problem I see. Many here during Obama's terms were screaming that the destruction of America was eminent due to wickedness. Now that Trump is elected all of the sudden there is hope for America even though America has not changed its wicked ways but has only gone further down the path toward promised destruction. This to me is in itself a signs of the times. People will be saying all is well in Zion, yeah Zion prospers, then sudden destruction. Looks to me that this is the scenario playing out. The conservative right have turned toward a corrupt and wicked man to save them and their lifestyles instead of the God of Israel through repentance. What are your thoughts?

GradyKeyser
captain of 100

Post by GradyKeyser »

GrandMasterB wrote:
GradyKeyser wrote:Alex Jones 100% Zionist Controlled Gatekeeper - He is not on our side. He is our enemy. Know your enemy. Just More Evidence (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1wL2dZiX0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump and Jones working for the same Zionist forces
Hi GradyKeyser,

So where are you getting your Zionists Conspiracy theories from or are they something you came up with on your own? I don't trust Trump. BTW Hillary is just as evil. I think either way we were screwed and chose poorly. I do believe, however that it is all part of God's plan for the destruction of America so I am not bothered that Trump won but I am bothered that many are looking to him as a Savior. You see here is the problem I see. Many here during Obama's terms were screaming that the destruction of America was eminent due to wickedness. Now that Trump is elected all of the sudden there is hope for America even though America has not changed its wicked ways but has only gone further down the path toward promised destruction. This to me is in itself a signs of the times. People will be saying all is well in Zion, yeah Zion prospers, then sudden destruction. Looks to me that this is the scenario playing out. The conservative right have turned toward a corrupt and wicked man to save them and their lifestyles instead of the God of Israel through repentance. What are your thoughts?
Hello GrandMasterB,

Well said! It's true that none of this is about Trump but the blood that will be on our hands if we support him in his evil ways. If the people are going to put trust in an evil man the destruction will be eminent. America is the wickedest nation on earth and it is true that it is ripening for destruction whether we like it or not. The only thing that we can do first recognize good from evil and stand on our own two feet. For we are responsible for our own salvation and from no other. It is true we are trusting in wolves and corrupt men disguised as sheep, these men are at both the secular and ecclesiastical pulpits teaching conformity with the world and leading us to believe that we are a righteous people on Gods errand. The people are puffed up and high minded and in sore need of chastisement and brought to repentance by our leaders that continue to set idle with eyes that won't see and ears that won't hear. One bad sign for us is where has persecution fled ? Because if we were truly on Gods errand living his ways all hell would be marshaled against us. There is opposition in all things. And if it is gone we are one with the world serving idols untold and ripe for destruction.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I posted this in another thread, you guys are so far out in right Field.
I love the quote, "Hillary is just as evil". You have to be blind to think Hillary is just as evil and not 100 times more evil!!!! That's my opinion lol

The lord uses whoever he can to do his will. As members of the LDS church we believe the lord inspired the writing of the US Constitution. George Washington was a womanizer, Thomas Jefferson owned hundreds of slaves....... the list can go on..... how about Martin Luther king jr. he like to beat white women of the night. So did the lord need Martin's civil rights movement in this country? Did he have anyone else who would do it the way he did it??? Us church members can be so blind to the fact that the whole earth is populated with Heavenly Fathers children. We think he only works with perfect people. I personally believe it would be a sin to vote for someone who wants a world government that isn't the lord himself. We are taught he will establish his government. We were also taught thru his guidance he established the new world with freedoms and liberty. When we have rulers take that away we fall into more sin, i.e. Obama = country is more slothful.