BOOM! FBI Claims Pedophilia?!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: BOOM! FBI Probe Reopened!

Post by ajax »

anthony_weiner3.jpg
anthony_weiner3.jpg (268.31 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

markharr wrote:I apologize in advance. I have to say it.

I always knew it would be a weiner that took Hillary down. I just didn't know it wouldn't be Bills.

Roflmbo!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

ajax wrote:anthony_weiner3.jpg
Wow, Weiner may have poked a hole in Hillary's boat.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I think it is just a ploy to try to keep the Senate republican. Or maybe an answer to NBC waiting till late in the game to release the hot mic video.

Or, trying to help Trump since Trump only knows how to focus on himself.

Or Jason emailed Comey and said, "Help the boy out."

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

rewcox wrote:I think it is just a ploy to try to keep the Senate republican. Or maybe an answer to NBC waiting till late in the game to release the hot mic video.

I don't think it'll sway Democrats, but it may sway Independents and those Republicans still on the fence.... Just a guess. The more important question is whether perjury, obstruction of justice, and destruction of evidence convictions would matter if she won.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:I think it is just a ploy to try to keep the Senate republican. Or maybe an answer to NBC waiting till late in the game to release the hot mic video.

Did it really take correct the record that long to get their talking points out?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

iWriteStuff wrote:

I don't think it'll sway Democrats, but it may sway Independents and those Republicans still on the fence.... Just a guess. The more important question is whether perjury, obstruction of justice, and destruction of evidence convictions would matter if she won.
The issue I see with this announcement, it was just an announcement. No emails as examples. It will take weeks or months for them to be reviewed and a determination to be made.

I agree, I don't think it will change any democrat votes. Independent votes could make a difference, but it would have to cross 6 states.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Julian ASSANGE says the next email leak will lead to the arrest of Hillary CLINTON!

Post by markharr »

Via Russia Today reporter in London:

“He will release more material in what he says will provide enough evidence to see Hillary Clinton arrested.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPxUbO ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Expected to be released on Monday.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Here’s What Could Happen if Hillary Clinton is Indicted or Steps Down

The 2016 Presidential election is 11 days away, and the FBI just announced that they are reopening their investigation into Hillary Clinton‘s private email system. With the Democratic candidate once again the subject of a criminal investigation, it raises many questions as to what happens if she is indicted or relinquishes her candidacy before the election, or even after. The law is hazy in some of these situations, so let’s tackle them one by one.

1. If Clinton is indicted before the election

The FBI merely said that they are reopening their investigation to examine new emails that came to light. They have yet to even determine whether the emails are actually evidence of criminal activity, let alone decide whether or not to prosecute. Therefore, it’s highly unlikely that an indictment would come before November 8. If it did, the indictment itself wouldn’t mean that Clinton could no longer run, as an indictment is only an accusation, not a conviction. As my colleague Elura Nanos wrote earlier this year, Clinton could theoretically hope that voters hate Trump enough that they still vote for her (and hope that she isn’t convicted before taking office).Of course, even if she wins on November 8, the nature of our electoral system makes it so that the members of the Electoral College could theoretically go rogue and not vote for Clinton, even if their states tell them to. George Washington University law professor John Banzhaf wrote recently that only 30 states have laws on the books prohibiting this from happening, and that those laws have never been enforced and might bee unconstitutional.

More likely, however, is that she would be pressured — by herself, the public, or the Democratic party — to give up her candidacy.

2. If Clinton steps down before the election

Should Clinton relinquish her candidacy before the election, the Democratic National Committee has rules in place for what happens next. Article 2, Section 7 of the DNC Bylaws says that if there is a vacancy on the national ticket, a special meeting of the Committee “shall be held on the call of the Chairperson,” where they would choose a new candidate. Such meetings make decisions based on a majority of those in attendance. Since we are exactly 11 days away from the election, there is one major problem: The ballot deadlines have passed in nearly every state. For example, in West Virginia, the law says a candidate must withdraw “no later than eighty-four days before the general election.” So the Democratic leadership would likely have to wage a public campaign to tell voters that if you vote for Clinton/Kaine, you are really voting for Biden (or whoever it maybe)/Kaine. Then the electors would have to change their vote for the new ticket when they meet on December 19th, 2016.

3. If Clinton wins the election and is indicted before the inauguration

Here’s where it starts getting tricky.

As mentioned earlier, an indictment is far different from a conviction. An indictment does not disqualify a person from being eligible for the presidency (neither does a conviction, technically, but being in jail would probably get in the way). Should Clinton be indicted after winning the election but before officially taking office, she could try to play beat-the-clock and hope to take office before her case concludes. Once a person is in office as President, it gets even more complicated, as we’ll see later. Should Clinton be indicted and convicted prior to her inauguration, and end up in jail, she may be deemed incapacitated, in which case Section 3 of the 20th Amendment kicks in and the Vice President-Elect, in this case Tim Kaine, would become President. (though that seems unlikely as the wheels of justice do not turn that fast)

4. If Clinton wins the election and steps down before the inauguration

If Clinton becomes President-Elect and decides to step down before her inauguration, either due to being indicted or out of fear that an indictment may be imminent, it would be similar to the situation just described, and Kaine would become President. However in a situation where a candidate steps down after the general election, but before the Electoral College chooses the winner, federal law says the electors would be able to vote for whomever they want, although states may pass their own laws controlling this situation.

5. If the investigation continues after the election and Clinton wins and is inaugurated before a decision is made. Could Clinton be indicted when she becomes President?

The law is unsettled when it comes to this situation, but most opinions tend to believe Clinton would luck out, due to the philosophy that Presidents — and only Presidents — are immune from prosecution while in office.

The Department of Justice addressed this in a memorandum by the Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) in 1973. That memo said that prosecution of a sitting President would undermine the power of the executive branch and its ability to function. In 2000, a new memo reviewed that determination and agreed that a President is immune from indictment and prosecution for the duration of their time in office. Of course, that memo acknowledged that no court has ruled on this issue yet. It almost happened during the 1974 Watergate scandal.

Indeed, the issue was argued before the Supreme Court. White House attorney James D. St. Clair argued that because the Constitution says “The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America” that includes federal prosecutions. St. Clair argued that since the President controls prosecutions, the President isn’t subject to them himself. However, Special prosecutor Leon Jaworski argued that the executive branch has evolved since 1789 to include the Cabinet and others, so this line of reasoning is faulty.

St. Clair also mentioned that the Constitution says that after an official is impeached and convicted by the Senate, they are “liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.” He took that to mean that a President is only able to be prosecuted after being removed from office. Jaworski argued that this line applies to all federal officials subject to impeachment, not just Presidents. Since other officials are subject to prosecution, it cannot mean that impeachment is the only method of charging a President.

Alas, Chief Justice Warren Burger decided that it wasn’t necessary to rule on this issue in order to address the matter that was before the Court. So at this point, we just don’t know if Clinton could be indicted as a sitting president. The law is still murky.

So, what about impeachment? Pretty clear here. The House of Representatives determined in 1873 that Presidents cannot be impeached for offenses they committed before they took office. Since the conduct would have taken place prior to her becoming President, she couldn’t be impeached for it.

On top of all that, as LawNewz‘s Chris White noted, the Article II of the Constitution says the President “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” So theoretically, President Hillary Clinton could pardon herself.

Long story short, the Department of Justice can very well affect who our next President is. If they move swiftly to indict, or if Clinton believes she’s in trouble, she could drop out before November 8. Alternatively, if an indictment comes soon after Clinton wins the election, she could still feel pressure to step down before she takes office. It all depends on what the FBI finds in these emails, what they decide to do about it, and when. But the clock’s ticking.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

markharr wrote:God bless Jason Chavetz, and Trey Gowdy.

Great Americans both of them.

Amen!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Fiannan wrote:There is supposed to be a dark and a light "Illuminati." Maybe the light ones do not want to see Hillary destroy the world.

I heard that too. There are rich and powerful on both sides. Not everyone uses wealth to do bad things,and not everyone who has wealth has been corrupted by it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

markharr wrote:I apologize in advance. I have to say it.

I always knew it would be a weiner that took Hillary down. I just didn't know it wouldn't be Bills.
Other than that Hubbell guy with whom she made Chelsea, I don't think Hillary has shown much interest in men.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

I'm guessing it's another planned action so when the FBI announces they "found" nothing incriminating* the establishment can then say "Look, it's just more push from a right-wing conspiracy when our own FBI shows that Madame Secretary is as clean as the driven snow."

*Of course, they found nothing because instead of actually investigating things, they're probably watching Sex in the City reruns or Game of Thrones analysis videos on YouTube. I'm quite convinced they already received directives explaining they will find nothing on Hellery, oops, I mean Hitlery, I mean the hildabeast.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

We are in unchartered waters here. This is huge and deep. Nobody knows where we are going. Hillary and the Dems make Nixon look like a saint.

The silence from the left and the Right is deafening. Email after email is released with more conspiracy, more crime, more secrets, more tampering...but the politicians don't say a word. Trump is recorded and the whole establishment is crying out against him.

Maybe the political class is quiet because they fear what might be leaked about them?

CNN is in full emergency mode, trying to divert or distract from the Comey announcement. They even call for Comey to resign.

An alternative theory on the timing and motivation by Comey--The Pentagon is pissed that Clinton is backing them towards war with Russia, and that one of their 4-star generals was taken down for a couple of emails, while Clinton walked on 30,000. They could have pressured COmey.

Further, the FBI director might also be facing pressure from inside the FBI from directors and agents who are upset with the way the Clinton investigation was handled and don't want 4 more years of this garbage.

If you are interested in this stuff also listen or find the caller to Rush Limbaugh who claims Jazson Chafetz was told how to get Hillarys missing emails, and once that info was out the FBI had to act.
Writes Graham Dugas:
Comey has an insurrection on his hands beyond the ability of anyone to control. These mutinous senior FBI agents have enough dirt to toss Obama, Comey, Hillary and others in jail. They also loathe the idea of being subjected to Clinton in the future as they know they will be forced to perpetrate more cover-ups and stain the bureau even more. They presented Comey and Obama with a choice… “give us Hillary’s head on a platter and we will be silent on Obama’s complicity in federal crimes [effectively a Nixon type pardon by omission of pursuit] and we will allow Comey to quietly be succeeded by a person of our choosing on an incoming Trump Administration.” OR ELSE THEY WILL GO PUBLIC. Comey could have been silent until after the election no matter what they found on Weiner’s laptop because they already have seen ALL the emails including the deleted ones. The fact that Comey is taking this action indicates that his hand is being forced and that he [and Obama] have accepted the terms offered by the insurrectionists in exchange for the face saving terms offered. This also dovetails with Assange saying his next batch [the FBI knows the contents of ALL of Podesta’s emails] will result in the arrest of Hillary. The FBI cannot weather another PR storm revealing them complicit in a cover-up. They also must be proactive and use Hillary’s arrest/indictment/forced withdrawal from the race as a lightning rod to quell a furious public by granting them their ‘pound of flesh’. No one likes Hillary, and don’t think that the Pentagon is going to silently sit still as one of their 4-Star generals get ramrodded for MUCH less than Hillary did. They are aligned with the insurrectionists at the FBI. Comey and Obama’s hand is being forced. Hillary is toast and going to jail. You will know this is true within a few days because the sheriff is about to slap the cuffs on Hillary. Weiner’s laptop is just a cover story.
RUSH: This is Jim in World Series Chicago.  Great to have you on the program, sir.  Hello.
CALLER:  Thanks, Rush.  I appreciate it.  I think I can connect a few the dots here for you on the FBI investigation.  Let me give you a little background just very quickly.  Your question: Why now for the FBI?  WikiLeaks has been releasing these emails and they have been progressively getting worse as they have been going along. But, as you recall, they’ve only been about Hillary.  They haven’t been her emails, and that’s been the big thing, not her personal emails.  Now, there’s a guy on Twitter, he’s a genius, Kim Dotcom.  I sent you an email link of his stuff. 
Two days ago, he released a tweet, sent it to Trump, to Gowdy, and Sean Hannity saying how they could — how he could — access Hillary Rodham Clinton’s email.  Step one, go to NSA.gov.  Step two, contact Mike Rogers.  Number three, ask Mike to go here and input this selector, her email address.  He claims that all seven years of emails will be on there in the NSA spy cloud in Utah.  He said that the Congress or Senate can get these with a subpoena. 
I tweeted out to Senator (sic) Chaffetz I think what was gonna happen is that the Kim Dotcom… These emails were gonna come out showing Hillary’s emails.  I think that the Obama administration got wind of it, realized that their last chance to get ahead of this would be to have Comey come down now and say, “Hey, we just looked in someplace. We didn’t know they were there. She bleached it from her computer,” and to get ahead of this…  Give you a little background, Kim Dotcom, the entertainment industry alleged because of his mega upload –

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

ajax wrote:anthony_weiner3.jpg

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

It's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in prayer, and were suddenly answered.

The wicked punish the wicked. Happy Halloweiner!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

"Satan is making war against...the very foundations upon which society, government, and religion rest...He plans to destroy freedom–economic, political, and religious, and to set up in place thereof the greatest, most widespread, and most complete tyranny that has ever oppressed men. He is working under such perfect disguise that many do not recognize either him or his methods. There is no crime he would not commit, no debauchery he would not set up, no plague he would not send, no heart he would not break, no life he would not take, no soul he would not destroy. He comes as a thief in the night; he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Without their knowing it, the people are being urged down paths that lead only to destruction...” (David O. McKay, Conference Report, p. 13. October 1942.)

"Timely references and appropriate warnings have been given during this Conference on the danger and evils of war. There is another danger even more menacing than the threat of invasion of a foreign foe. It is the unpatriotic activities and underhanded scheming of disloyal groups and organizations within our own borders. This country is so situated geographically that there need be little fear of invasion by an outside enemy. Furthermore, the government knowing who and where the enemy is can make ample preparation to meet his attacks. But the secret, seditious scheming of an enemy within our own ranks, hypocritically professing loyalty to the government, and at the same time plotting against it, is more difficult to deal with.” (David O. McKay, Conference Report, pp. 102-103. October 1939.)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

^^^ This.

So if President McKay was warning us about these dangers in the late 1930s~early 1940s, it's not as if Bill and Hillary are the first ones to ever act as traitors. Obama wasn't either. The crimes of George W. as well as his father and grandfather are too numerous to list here. I still believe that in spite of all the treachery of Obama, he's just another CIA puppet who was sold to an ignorant America public. George W. fooled a lot of people. Even now he gets cheered when he makes appearances. Wrapped as he was in the holy vestments of the Party of R, most LDS fell for his lies. In my book George W. is the worst president we've ever had.

It would be such a beautiful thing if every Mormon could wake up and vote for the Constitution...literally. That would send a message!

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Comey must have realized the enormity of his actions. I wonder what kind of pressures he faced. He has a family to consider, a wife and five kids. He is 56, so his kids are probably young adults or older teenagers.

I suppose the full power of the establishment will bear down on him in an attempt to divert the focus off of Hillary. He must have known this would happen.

Whatever you hear, or read about Comey in the coming days, remember this is what the Dems were saying about him when he said there was not enough evidence to charge Clinton.
===============
President Obama: "He's got the resume, but more importantly, a strong sense of right and wrong."

Democratic National Committee: "We are pleased that the career officials handling this case have determined that no further action by the Department of Justice is appropriate."

CNN: "If there is a silver lining to this episode from a public perspective, it is that the investigation itself appears to have been conducted without fear or favor. Comey is regarded as a straight shooter by both sides of the aisle. Who can forget that as deputy attorney general for President George W. Bush, it was Comey who raced into a hospital and stopped top administration officials from persuading a sick attorney general to bless their wiretapping schemes? No one should forget that President Barack Obama appointed Comey, a registered Republican, to serve as FBI director. Americans' trust in public officials and public institutions has fallen abysmally, as we all know. So far as we can now tell, the country in this instance has been well served by a leader and an FBI that has been diligent, hard-working and fair. Embittered partisans will disagree, but for my book, the FBI seems to have gotten this one right."

Richard Blumenthal, a former U.S. attorney for four years and former state attorney general for 20 years, said he has complete confidence in the integrity of FBI Director James Comey, a former Connecticut resident who made the announcement Tuesday: "He's a former colleague and a friend, and most important, his record demonstrates that he has both the capacity and the determination to make judgments about criminal matters with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. So, I trust his judgment, and I believe it will have a great deal of credibility with the American people."

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

The FBI said that Anthony Weiners computer held 650,000 emails and reportedly had 10,000 of those emails in a folder called life insurance. I was going to say that maybe Weiner isn't as dumb as I thought but he did sext a 15 year old from that same computer.

At any rate, it was very nice of him to sort out the more incriminating emails for the FBI.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

markharr wrote:The FBI said that Anthony Weiners computer held 650,000 emails and reportedly had 10,000 of those emails in a folder called life insurance. I was going to say that maybe Weiner isn't as dumb as I thought but he did sext a 15 year old from that same computer.

At any rate, it was very nice of him to sort out the more incriminating emails for the FBI.
Smart or dumb, after the weekend has worn off I'm increasingly convinced that this new revelation won't make the slightest bit of difference in the election. Hillary voters just don't care how corrupt she is or what she's done.

It's conclusions like that which cause me to reflect on how truly gone we are. If we are at the point where electing known criminals isn't looked upon with shame, then truly we must be that much closer to destruction.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

iWriteStuff wrote:
markharr wrote:The FBI said that Anthony Weiners computer held 650,000 emails and reportedly had 10,000 of those emails in a folder called life insurance. I was going to say that maybe Weiner isn't as dumb as I thought but he did sext a 15 year old from that same computer.

Smart or dumb, after the weekend has worn off I'm increasingly convinced that this new revelation won't make the slightest bit of difference in the election. Hillary voters just don't care how corrupt she is or what she's done.

It's conclusions like that which cause me to reflect on how truly gone we are. If we are at the point where electing known criminals isn't looked upon with shame, then truly we must be that much closer to destruction.
Isn't Colorado going to vote for Hillary?

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:Isn't Colorado going to vote for Hillary?
If colorado goes Hillary I will donate $100 to the general missionary fund. If Colorado goes Trump you do the same.

Deal?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

markharr wrote:
rewcox wrote:Isn't Colorado going to vote for Hillary?
If colorado goes Hillary I will donate $100 to the general missionary fund. If Colorado goes Trump you do the same.

Deal?
I'm guessing you're not from Colorado. The tech boom in Denver brought in tens of thousands of California liberals, not to mention the marijuana enthusiasts. The state hasn't gone Republican in years.