Do cops do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know the Constitution? Do they care?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Do cops do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know the Constitution? Do they care?

Post by freedomforall »

Utah Troopers RUN!
Last edited by freedomforall on December 18th, 2016, 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Re: Do cops really do the job they take an oath to perform?

Post by cyclOps »

Just a heads up to everyone who will comment on this thread. I obviously don't care about your constitutional rights, but if you speed past me I will pull you over and give you a ticket. No questions asked. I will then go faster than you were just to show you I can and to show how much I really don't care. All I want is your money so I can give it to big brother... Or will it be called big mother when Hillary is elected? Because I obviously want her elected seeing as how I don't care at all for the constitution that she wants to destroy.

Ok, sarcasm off.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Everyone always points out how easy someone else's job is until they have to do it. I would hate to be a cop in today's political environment.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

My impression from that video is that the guy who made it is a bit of a jerk. Seriously, who does that?

How would he feel if someone showed up at his job and shoved a camera in his face and criticized him about how he does his job? This cop probably doesn't even have that much control over what he does. He is probably just following departmental policy. If he has a problem, he should take it up with the department itself, or his local government, not the police officer who is just doing his job.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Just a guy with a camera who goes out to harass cops.
dc

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Seim Stops Another Cop for Breaking the Law!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

JSO SHERIFF ILLEGALLY DETAINS ME & I SET THEM STRAIGHT
JSO DEPUTY CAUGHT LYING surprise surprise
Bravo to these cops and to the man who stood his ground!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Citizens get arrested and treated like scum for defending themselves from danger. But because a cop wears a badge and carries a gun, they can strike or shoot anything that gets in front of them that even remotely appears to be a threat? A civilian has to take whatever comes with caution and hope for survival, a cop strikes or shoots first and then takes names after. Then their bosses pat them on the back. They call it following protocol. Ya, right! Does their idea of protocol match Constitutional privileges citizens are supposed to have for their own protection? And a lot of cops have no idea, no clue what is in the Constitution that they are supposed to uphold.

This man has a valid question...why can't an officer merely back up and leave someone's backyard instead of killing a man's dog on the property, inside a fenced area? Oh, ya, protocol. In other words, kill without any remorse, feeling or conscience?

Man confronts cops after they shoot his dog

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Trooper gets shut down, doesn't care what the supreme court says.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Michael Badnarik: Rattling the Sheriffs' Cages About the Constitution

What are rights?
What is a privilege?
How many Presidents of the United States were there prior to George Washington?
When was the Declaration of Independence actually signed?
What is the Constitution Free Zone?
May the Government set up free-speech zones?
Why does the Government require licenses to exercise our Constitutional privileges?
What is double jeopardy? Is it legal? Case in point...the Hammond family in Oregon.
Can one come to own an officers home and car for violating Constitutional law like the 5th Amendment? Do any police officers think they are judge, jury and executioner? Beginning @ 36:19 mark in video.
Know Your Constitution, Bruce R. McConkie from 1945
http://www.ldsinfobase.net/liberty/BRM_ ... const.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Richard Mack: The Untouchable Bill of Rights

TO OFFICERS OF THE LAW, WHAT IS THE OATH OF OFFICE required for your employment?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Do cops really do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know what's in the Constitution?

Post by freedomforall »

Good Cop QUITS His Job! Why, you ask?

This ex-cop says most cops do not know the Constitution that they take an oath to protect. Their badge also gets in the way. Enforce Constitutional law...not unconstitutional laws made up in order to quash every persons right to the 4th Amendment's protection.

Helaman 5:2
2 For as their laws and their governments were established by the voice of the people, and they who chose evil were more numerous than they who chose good, therefore they were ripening for destruction, for the laws had become corrupted.

SEE the blatantly obvious parallel?
Last edited by freedomforall on December 18th, 2016, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Do cops really do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know what's in the Constitution?

Post by freedomforall »

Montana’s Natural Man back in court again. Exclusive coverage.

Ernie Wayne terTelgte first gained the attention of patriots across the nation when he amassed millions of views on YouTube with his actions within the Montana court systems. The event that went viral was due to his being arrested for fishing without a license and then resisting arrest. You can see the proceedings that went viral here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-L48c ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Do cops do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know the Constitution? Do they care?

Post by freedomforall »

He Stops a COP to Lecture Him and...

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Do cops do the job they take a Constitutional oath to perform? Do they even know the Constitution? Do they care?

Post by freedomforall »

How to Refuse a Checkpoint! Detained "BECAUSE" the Constitution?
Seim Defies Checkpoint and BLOCKS Highway!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Gav Dresses Down a Bully Cop on the Street!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

ADOPTING THE CODE OF ETHICS
One of the requirements of a professional is to adhere to a code of ethics. Several professions have these codes; doctors and lawyers are the most noted. The police profession has a code of ethics that was written and adopted by The International Association of Chiefs of Police in 1957 . Many of the law enforcement agencies throughout the country have recognized and adopted the code as a guide for proper behavior by their officers. Most states use the code during law enforcement academy graduations and in doing so, emphasize the concepts of ethics and values taught to recruits during their academy training. This is all well and good, but we fail to emphasis the relationship and importance of the code of ethics and the oath of office as a continued commitment of how the officer is to conduct his or her self throughout their careers.

Most police officers are given their police certification after reading the code of ethics and not required or even asked about the document the remainder of their careers. This practice must change and the officer should understand that the code of ethics and the oath of office are living breathing documents that he or she should embrace their entire careers. " Richard W. Deshon

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Michigan State Police Harass Man For Standing On His Own Property

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

If You Live in Oklahoma TX NY NJ FL CA Get Out NOW!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Watch out folks. If you want to warm your car engine, in your own driveway in cold weather, do it in your house, because you could get ticketed.

What will become illegal next, using a honey bucket and leaving a stench behind?

Cop Tickets Man For Warming Up His Car, Police Chief Tells Him to “Drop Dead”

Mi. Man Ticketed For Warming Up His Car Fights Back!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I hate speed traps just as much as the next guy, but it is technically part of their job to enforce traffic laws. Look, I had a storage unit in Vegas robbed and they wouldn't even investigate because less than $4k stolen. I had some channel lock pliers they left in my unit, plus the owner opened the suspected robber's unit and some of my stuff was in there. They had a license plate, names, and video of their car, and they still wouldn't investigate. 6 units got broken into.

So yeah, when I drive down the highway and see 6+ police cars just pulling people all day on the highway and issuing tickets, yeah I get ticked off. I suspect though that they are spread thin with a ton of time fighting "the drug war" and such. I don't know that you can blame the individual officer, they have orders to follow I'm sure, you'd need to go higher up the ladder. I'm sure that the individual officers do the best they can.

I got another storage unit broken into in Texas a few months ago and I was assigned a detective and an officer came out and took a look himself and was really cool about the whole thing. Ton of respect for Texas law enforcement, at least where I live..

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I have to wonder about LDS folk who complain about cops writing speeding tickets. Isn't exceeding the posted speed limit against the law? Don't we as a church claim to, "obey, honor, and sustain the law" in our lives?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote: June 25th, 2017, 12:29 am I have to wonder about LDS folk who complain about cops writing speeding tickets. Isn't exceeding the posted speed limit against the law? Don't we as a church claim to, "obey, honor, and sustain the law" in our lives?
Most cops have no clue what real laws they are to enforce. They go by what the superiors tell them. A good share of officers do not realize that that which they are told to enforce are unconstitutional. Most step on rights given by God. People are being sent to jail without due process. And we simpletons go with the flow and give away our rights and freedom for the gestopo every day.
If you choose to give away your rights, that's your choice. Those who do not know their rights....have none.

A good share of cops harass and collect, not serve and protect. Everyone is under suspicion before doing anything wrong, stopped and asked for ID without having broken any laws. One has to stand up for freedom or be treated like sheep to be prodded at will. Remember this one thing...everything you tell a cop can and will be used against you, so keep our mouths shut. It's called our Miranda rights.

Pertaining to LDS, we are supposed to live by the Constitution and learn it in the tradition of our Founding Father's, in short, to stand up for freedom and right....not be sheep, ignorant of the higher laws of the land, even the Constitution.
Check out the video of a cop who quit his job because he got tired of stepping on the rights of people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1epfYCIyUU

Check out the video where a judge will not allow anyone to have on their person a copy of the Constitution, and refuses to see evidence for defense at the Bundy trial.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

5tev3 wrote: June 24th, 2017, 6:38 pm I hate speed traps just as much as the next guy, but it is technically part of their job to enforce traffic laws. Look, I had a storage unit in Vegas robbed and they wouldn't even investigate because less than $4k stolen. I had some channel lock pliers they left in my unit, plus the owner opened the suspected robber's unit and some of my stuff was in there. They had a license plate, names, and video of their car, and they still wouldn't investigate. 6 units got broken into.

So yeah, when I drive down the highway and see 6+ police cars just pulling people all day on the highway and issuing tickets, yeah I get ticked off. I suspect though that they are spread thin with a ton of time fighting "the drug war" and such. I don't know that you can blame the individual officer, they have orders to follow I'm sure, you'd need to go higher up the ladder. I'm sure that the individual officers do the best they can.

I got another storage unit broken into in Texas a few months ago and I was assigned a detective and an officer came out and took a look himself and was really cool about the whole thing. Ton of respect for Texas law enforcement, at least where I live..
If you ever go to Washington state and get pulled over by an unmarked cruiser, know that it is illegal for cops to use unmarked cars for the purpose of issuing tickets.