Colorado and Marijuana--??

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: Colorado and Marijuana--??

Post by Army Of Truth »

kennyhs wrote:
Army Of Truth wrote:love this quote:
It’s heartening to see that tens of thousands of otherwise law-abiding Coloradans have been spared the travesty of getting handcuffed or being charged for small amounts of marijuana,” said Art Way, Colorado State Director for the Drug Policy Alliance. “By focusing on public health rather than criminalization, Colorado is better positioned to address the potential harms of marijuana use, while diminishing many of the worst aspects of the war on drugs.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
We don't need to lock up people for using marijuana, but we should be honest about the drug’s real danger, legalization is the last thing people in recovery, parents, communities — and even our nation — need right now. Think about it.
You want to lock someone up for owning a plant? and SWAT team them in the middle of the night to shoot/maime/kill them for owning a plant? Legalization has nothing to do with smoking MJ! Do you not think that people can recover with it still being legal? Have you not heard of AAA? Do you think this group tries to ban alcohol so the problem will go away? Of course not. The alcohol isn't the problem. The people abusing it are. Look what happened with prohibition. Think about that. :ymsmug:

Do you also think we should lock people up for using tobacco that has killed thousands more people than MJ ever will? Just answer these questions that you never answer please.

What about banning belladonna? Should we ban this too and allow anyone to get SWAT teamed in the middle of the night because their garden has belladonnas which are poisonous? :-? This list will go on forever if you take your principle of "banning bad substances".

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

If God put a tree in the midst of the Garden that caused the downfall of humanity by partaking, should we follow suit and allow any kind of plant out of the priniple of free will, or supress "evil" plants? Hmmm...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Rachael wrote:If God put a tree in the midst of the Garden that caused the downfall of humanity by partaking, should we follow suit and allow any kind of plant out of the priniple of free will, or supress "evil" plants? Hmmm...
Your talking about an apple tree.

And that apple tree is why we are here today. Adam fell that men might have joy.

And mj is not evil. Cbd oil that comes from it cured my sons autism.

A year ago he could say 4 words. Today he's reading a story with his mommy.

I (love) that mj is legal in my state. So God could lead me to cure my son with a plant he created.

Ps. The breast milk has cannabinoids in it naturally. And it's the cannabinoids in mj that are the cure.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kennyhs wrote:We don't need to lock up people for using marijuana, but we should be honest about the drug’s real danger, legalization is the last thing people in recovery, parents, communities — and even our nation — need right now. Think about it.
I have, but the same thing could be applied to any addicting substance: Booze, tobacco, fried chicken, (okay, maybe not fried chicken itself, but food can be addicting) coffee, anything a person can substitute for a crutch until they overcome the hold addiction has on them.

Marijuana use in our nation has grown so much we're facing the same problem prohibition did in the Roaring Twenties. Compare El Chapo with Al Capone and you'd find a lot of similarities. We need people to respect and want to obey laws. When you reach the point in society where more people ignore the law than follow it, when you consider the cost to society that its illegality has we're left with the plain situation that our laws need to reflect the will of the people. When the following picture can make all the rounds and the lousy miserable wart still gets elected President, you know your society has pretty much reached the point that we just need to repeal all the laws and just let our society finish eating itself into oblivion.
obama_smoking_joint.jpg
obama_smoking_joint.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 1460 times

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kennyhs wrote:People argue that pot isn't a gateway drug to harder substances, I don't think that's true...some marijuana users come to embrace or desire and even better high. Compare it to alcohol, or cigarettes, at first they make you dizzy and sick, but then the body adjusts, becomes addicted and wanting more.
I agree that with some people it is. Generally speaking, those same people, if denied pot, will just use a different gate. Again, an addict will be an addict until they choose to heal that part of them that needs fixing. However, criminalizing mj is not going to solve that problem, and it's going to create a whole lot of others.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Rachael wrote:If God put a tree in the midst of the Garden that caused the downfall of humanity by partaking, should we follow suit and allow any kind of plant out of the priniple of free will, or supress "evil" plants? Hmmm...
Perfect analogy! :ymapplause:

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:
Except for God saying Adam fell that men might have joy. we have been taught that the fall of Adam was good. Not bad.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

skmo wrote:
kennyhs wrote:People argue that pot isn't a gateway drug to harder substances, I don't think that's true...some marijuana users come to embrace or desire and even better high. Compare it to alcohol, or cigarettes, at first they make you dizzy and sick, but then the body adjusts, becomes addicted and wanting more.
I agree that with some people it is. Generally speaking, those same people, if denied pot, will just use a different gate. Again, an addict will be an addict until they choose to heal that part of them that needs fixing. However, criminalizing mj is not going to solve that problem, and it's going to create a whole lot of others.
As will legalizing it...

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Ezra wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
Except for God saying Adam fell that men might have joy. we have been taught that the fall of Adam was good. Not bad.
The decay of society is not good.

Although efforts to legalize marijuana are focused solely on adults (no one is proposing that use or possession of marijuana by adolescents should be legalized), any change in its legal status could nonetheless have an effect on adolescents. That's my worry..
Last edited by kennyhs on February 1st, 2016, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

The decay of society is not caused by the cure of my sons autism.

It's caused by Satan. By public schools. By the media. By wickedness. And the cure for that is education of godly principles.

Kenny I have cured at least 100 kids addiction to mj. By educating them in godly principles.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Ezra wrote:The decay of society is not caused by the cure of my sons autism.

It's caused by Satan. By public schools. By the media. By wickedness. And the cure for that is education of godly principles.
I am happy it cured your son, I truly am. That's what medicine is intended for, not to get high.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

LEARN ABOUT MARIJUANA

Adolescents and Marijuana

Studies have shown that if an adolescent uses marijuana early in life (before the age of 16 years) and for a prolonged period of time, it can lead to a number of significant problems.

While prevalence rates have markedly declined over the past decade, marijuana is still widely used by adolescents, and the possible impacts on adolescent development remains an important issue.

How Many Adolescents Use Marijuana?

Marijuana is the illicit drug most likely to be used by teens in the U.S. According to the 2012 Monitoring the Future (MTF) Study, 45.3% of U.S. 12th graders reported having used marijuana once or more in their lifetime, with 22.9% reporting use in the previous 30 days.

In our state, the 2012 Washington State Healthy Youth Survey reported that approximately 19% of students in the 10th grade and 27% of students in the 12th reported current marijuana use, almost double the percentage who smoke cigarettes. Fewer students in grades 8, 10, and 12 perceive a great risk of harm in using marijuana regularly, and among 10th graders, that percentage dropped from 65% in 2000 to 46% in 2012. More than half of Washington’s 10th graders report it is easy for them to get marijuana.

Nationally, while the proportion of students using marijuana decreased from 2011-2012, use was still relatively widespread among secondary school students, particularly older males, and more students are using marijuana daily than they were five years ago (daily use among 12th graders increased from 5.1% to 6.5%). (MTF)

What are the Concerns About Adolescents Using Marijuana?

Adolescence is a period when many developmental changes are occurring. It is a time when a young person’s intellectual capacities expand and their friends and peers become increasingly influential.

Adolescent use of marijuana has been linked to a range of developmental and social problems. A 2012 study of over 1,000 individuals followed from birth through midlife found that persistent cannabis use was associated with neuropsychological decline across numerous domains, including cognitive and memory problems and declining IQ. Further, cessation of marijuana use did NOT fully restore neuropsychological functioning among adolescent-onset cannabis users (Meier et al, 2012). A contradctory (and surpising) finding was reported in a recent longitudinal study that followed males from adolescence into their mid-thirties, which found no differences in any of the mental or physical health outcomes measured regardless of the amount or frequency of marijuana used during adolescence. (Bechtold, 2015)

Early initiation of marijuana use can have an impact on the following:

Memory, Attention and Learning

Early and continued use of marijuana can:
• Affect memory, attention and ability to think clearly, making it difficult to concentrate, learn new things, and make sound decisions (Dougherty et al, 2013);
• Affect movement and balance while intoxicated;
•Be associated with a moderate decrease in IQ in heavy current marijuana users (Meier et al, 2012), though this study has been challeged for its methodology.

School Performance

While it is difficult to distinguish whether this is due to learning difficulties, lack of motivation, or because marijuana users mix with peers who may be involved in a range of risk taking behaviors (McCaffrey DF et al, 2010), using marijuana at an early age is independently associated with:
•Poorer school performance;
•Increased absences from school;
•Increasing the risk of dropping out without graduating.

In Washington State, the Healthy Youth Survey results for 2012 found that, statewide, high school students who used marijuana were more likely to get lower grades in school (Cs, Ds, or Fs) compared to those that don’t use.

Problematic Behaviors

Studies have shown that those who use marijuana from an early age are at risk of later developing problems, characterized by social disadvantage, behavioral difficulties, and problematic peer affiliations.

A 2008 longitudinal study of heavy cannabis users from ages 14 to 25 in a New Zealand birth cohort found that increasing cannabis use in late adolescence and early adulthood is associated with a range of adverse outcomes in later life. High levels of cannabis use are related to poorer educational outcomes, lower income, greater welfare dependence and unemployment, and lower relationship and life satisfaction. These findings add to a growing body of knowledge regarding the adverse consequences of heavy cannabis use. However, this study primarily established correlation rather than causality (Ferguson & Boden, 2008).

Using marijuana at an early age is also linked to higher risk taking behavior such as:
•Higher levels of leaving the family home;
• Immature sexual activity, which can result in unplanned pregnancy (Bryan et al, 2012);
•Increased risk of driving while under the influence of marijuana; marijuana use more than doubles a driver's risk of being in an accident (Ashbridge et al, 2012);
• Higher levels of criminal behavior such as motor vehicle theft and break-and-enter offences to pay for drug use.

Increased Risk of Mental Health Issues

Marijuana use has been linked to a range of mental health problems such as psychosis, depression or anxiety. A 2002 study in Sweden found that heavy cannabis use at age 18 increased the risk of later schizophrenia sixfold (Arseneault et al, 2002). Since then, numerous additional studies have found a similar correlation between adolescent marijuana use and psychosis or schizophrenia, especially in teens with a family history of the disorder (Copeland et al, 2013).

The potential for depression and anxiety is also increased in adolescent marijuana users. The nature of this relationship is controversial, with some studies not supporting a causal association, but instead linking depression due to marijuana’s contributions to learning difficulties, poorer educational outcomes, and problematic behaviors. However, a 2012 study found that increasing frequency of marijuana use was associated with increasing symptoms of depression, with the association stronger in adolescence and declining into adulthood (Horwood et al, 2012).

Using marijuana from an early age places the person at risk of:
•Impaired emotional development;
• Increased risk of becoming more dissatisfied with life;
• Increased likelihood to suffer from depression, anxiety, psychosis, or other mental illness.

Other Concerns About Use of Marijuana by Adolescents
•Use of marijuana by adolescents is illegal in Washington State and all other states in the U.S. It is an offence to cultivate, possess, use, sell or supply marijuana. Doing so could result in criminal prosecution or even incarceration, depending on the type of offence and which state it was committed in.
• Marijuana can have short- and long-term consequences on health (see What is cannabis?).
• Marijuana use can increase the risk of psychotic episodes or trigger a mental illness (see Marijuana and mental health).
• Marijuana use can lead to dependence in young people who use it regularly over a period of time.
•Relationships with family and other friends who don't use marijuana may become problematic.
•Using marijuana has been associated with a decrease in motivation, which can impact school, work, family, friends and life in general (see Marijuana and motivation).
• The cost of using marijuana can result in financial difficulties.
- See more at: http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets ... CqAhZ.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I agree. And that's why I do what I do. And it's why I have helped so many to live a better life.

I've spent 15 year of my life teaching kids how to better themselfs. And teaching myself about the kids.. You cannot force a change. It simply does not work. Period.

You have to teach and show them a better way since their parents didn't.
Since their education didn't.

Everyone agrees that abusing drugs is bad Kenny.

You keep thinking that it being illegal is going to stop them. It's not. Won't even slow them down.
Nothing will. Except a education in godly principles.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

MJ Nature vs Man.jpg
MJ Nature vs Man.jpg (46.55 KiB) Viewed 1407 times

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

the-truth-behind-medical-marijuana.jpg
the-truth-behind-medical-marijuana.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1407 times

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

The federal government admits in newly funded research that compounds found in marijuana have an unprecedented ability to go in and kill brain tumors without any negative side effects. But you’re still going to jail if you try and use it as a medication.

http://naturalsociety.com/federal-govt- ... t-have-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marijuana Kills Cancer, Says National Cancer Institute:
NCI reveals how cannabis "may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death"

http://www.infowars.com/marijuana-kills ... institute/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Lds owned company. All recommend holders.

http://www.doseofnature.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Also lds owned temple going members.

http://iriecbd.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kennyhs wrote:
skmo wrote:However, criminalizing mj is not going to solve that problem, and it's going to create a whole lot of others.
As will legalizing it...
True, but when you calculate even just the law enforcement and incarceration costs, it's no longer a cost we can bear. We need society to have a semblance of respect for the law, and if over half of the people are breaking a law, it's time to re-evaluate that law. Several states have done so, it'll be interesting to see what happens when more do.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

More cured autistic kids

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Ezra wrote:
Your talking about an apple tree.

And that apple tree is why we are here today. Adam fell that men might have joy.

And mj is not evil. Cbd oil that comes from it cured my sons autism.

A year ago he could say 4 words. Today he's reading a story with his mommy.

I (love) that mj is legal in my state. So God could lead me to cure my son with a plant he created.

Ps. The breast milk has cannabinoids in it naturally. And it's the cannabinoids in mj that are the cure.
That was meant to be neutral. Of all faiths, LDS is one that can appreciate the fall ...which taken literally, means our forbearers ate the wrong plant. Opposition/paradoxes in all things. Good for you, bad for someone else

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:Image
Amen. Gods laws of agency.

Or was it gods laws of force. Hummmm pretty sure that was Satan.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Ezra wrote:
kennyhs wrote:Image
Amen. Gods laws of agency.

Or was it gods laws of force. Hummmm pretty sure that was Satan.
God-given gift and privilege which we call our agency.

With agency comes personal responsibility, the responsibility is upon each individual to choose the path of righteousness, of faithfulness and duty to fellowmen.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Our agency is God given. We choose what we will with that agency. God does not force our choices. But your right we are supposed to choose righteousness. Which righteousness is not to force our will on others.

“The Constitution will never reach its destiny through force. God's principles are taken by men because they are eternal and true and touch the divine spirit in men. This is the only true way to permanent world peace, the aspiration of men since the beginning. God never planted his Spirit, his truth, in the hearts of men from the point of a bayonet.” (J. Reuben Clark, The Constitution,

Come judgement day we have to accept those choices.

Come judgement day you will have to accept your choices to force others at gun point.
Your choices to do that are just as daming as the choices of those you were trying to force to be better.

Force is not gods way. I hope you can come to that understanding and repent so come judgement day you can stand with the righteous.

Remember we will spend eternity with those we are most like. I'm sure you want agency in heaven. Which requires letting your fellow men have agency here.

Which is not giving them a free ticket to sin. It's allowing them to place themselfs where they will. While trying to teach and inspire them to greater heights.

Wouldn't that be nice. To have others in heaven teach and inspire you to greater heights? Instead of spending eternity with no or very little agency.