Colorado and Marijuana--??

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Colorado and Marijuana--??

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:I imagine your rebuttal will be something along the lines of.

So you will be living with a bunch of drugies in heaven because that's what you are trying to sow.

Not at all. I'm trying to sow the freedom for me to be able to use mj and so on wisely. And for others to have that same opportunity.
I'm for educating people using patients and long suffering with meakness and gental persuasion.

And that's what I will reap.
Did Heavenly Father allow 1/3 of His kids to hang around when they rebelled against His plan - i.e. laws, agency, punishment, repentance?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Jason wrote:

So you will be living with a bunch of drugies in heaven because that's what you are trying to sow.

Not at all. I'm trying to sow the freedom for me to be able to use mj and so on wisely. And for others to have that same opportunity.
I'm for educating people using patients and long suffering with meakness and gental persuasion.

Did Heavenly Father allow 1/3 of His kids to hang around when they rebelled against His plan - i.e. laws, agency, punishment, repentance?
No He didn't, they were cast out.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

kennyhs wrote:
Jason wrote:

No He didn't, they were cast out.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jason wrote:

You can read D&c 121 33-43 to know that he won't allow you using unrighteous dominon Which is what this is all about.

Are you going to choose to force everyone like Satan suggested?

Did God allow them to stay nope. Will he allow you to stay of you use unrighteous dominon nope.

Will he allow those who use his plant that he created the way it's supposed to into heaven. Yep. As long as they don't have other things holding them back. Like unrighteous dominon.

Is is forcing others to do right through law unrighteous dominion Jason???
Yes it is.
You know what righteous dominon is. Start using it.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Listen to the first minute tell me if you can find the authority to make drugs illegal??

Do you have a right to go to your neighbor and demand he not grow or use mj by gun point?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

There is nothing Satan wants more than to see Cannabis use for the purposes of getting "High" legalized in America. And he will use any means and any argument to achieve that goal. Whose side are you going to be on in this issue?

The LORD admonishes in His "Word of Wisdom" "All seedbearing herbs for theuseof man to be used with prudence and understanding." (D&C89). Yes, with prudence and understanding, This doesn mean that every plant or herb or weed is meant to be smoked.
if alkaloids in this plant help wtih appetite, then isolate those specific alkaloids, and leave out the psychogenic ones. Smoking jimsom weed or fox glove will kill you.

Many proponents of legalizing marijuana argue that there are so many unappreciated medical and health benefits to marijuana. They feel like keeping marijuana illegal is "throwing out the baby with the bathwater". Many physicians I know are open to alternative, natural treatments. However, most physicians haven't seen benefits for marijuana over other current remedies. There are several FDA approved alternatives for appetite. Furthermore, if a patient wants to try Cannabis, Marinol is FDA approved, and you don't have to smoke it. No one is throwing out any babies. But I think some people want to keep their dirty bath water.
ldsdoctrine.com

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:There is nothing Satan wants more than to see Cannabis use for the purposes of getting "High" legalized in America. And he will use any means and any argument to achieve that goal. Whose side are you going to be on in this issue?

The LORD admonishes in His "Word of Wisdom" "All seedbearing herbs for theuseof man to be used with prudence and understanding." (D&C89). Yes, with prudence and understanding, This doesn mean that every plant or herb or weed is meant to be smoked.
if alkaloids in this plant help wtih appetite, then isolate those specific alkaloids, and leave out the psychogenic ones. Smoking jimsom weed or fox glove will kill you.

Many proponents of legalizing marijuana argue that there are so many unappreciated medical and health benefits to marijuana. They feel like keeping marijuana illegal is "throwing out the baby with the bathwater". Many physicians I know are open to alternative, natural treatments. However, most physicians haven't seen benefits for marijuana over other current remedies. There are several FDA approved alternatives for appetite. Furthermore, if a patient wants to try Cannabis, Marinol is FDA approved, and you don't have to smoke it. No one is throwing out any babies. But I think some people want to keep their dirty bath water.
ldsdoctrine.com

Yes Satan may want people to break the wow. But that is far from what he wants most.

What he wants most is what he wanted first. For his plan to be used. Since he didn't get his way then he is trying to trick as many as he can to follow it now. Getting people to do drugs just gives people a reason to then use his plan to froce them not to.
Getting men to judge others gets them into a place of pride. Then they think themselfs wiser then there fellow men and think they must do something to fix them.

God does not want his children using drugs. He also knows forcing them into that behavior won't benifited them. They have to understand why they should and why they want to live a better life.

Satan more then anything else wants his plan to be followed. And that is why we have been warned that many are called and few are chosen.
Most men will fall prey to Satans deceptive thinking and get them to use his plan. To use unrighteous dominon.

You have said it yourself that it's about money. And one of the biggest business in the world is hospitals and health care. And drug company's.

You have heard those horrible commercials pushing their new drugs with a list a mile long of side effects. They advertise on prime time tv which costs millions of dollars. And you also have the lawyers commercials with law suits aginst drug company's. For deaths caused from side effects.

Vs 0 deaths caused by mj.

400,000 deaths every year caused by the medical industry.

There are no drugs on the market that cure autism.

Those big business drug company's don't want competition. So they will say what ever they can to keep competition away.

Kenny we both agree that drug abuse is bad. Breaking the wow is bad.

What we don't agree on is what Satans plan is and how he has tricked almost all men as D&c 121 39 says. Into using it.

I'm 100% aginst drug abuse.
And I'm 100% aginst using Satans plan.

I'm 100% for using the methods God says to use to persuade sinners in vs 41-43 of D&c 121.

I don't like having to repeat myself so many times. I wonder if God feels the same with us?
Last edited by Ezra on January 30th, 2016, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Ezra wrote:
I'm 100% aginst drug abuse.
And I'm 100% aginst using Satans plan.

I'm 100% for using the methods God says to use to persuade sinners in vs 41-43 of D&c 121.

I don't like having to repeat myself so many times. I wonder if God feels the same with us?
Amen!
But that is far from what he wants most.

What he wants most is what he wanted first. For his plan to be used. Since he didn't get his way then he is trying to trick as many as he can to follow it now. Getting people to do drugs just gives people a reason to then use his plan to froce them not to.
Getting men to judge others gets them into a place of pride. Then they think themselfs wiser then there fellow men and think they must do something to fix them.
And, Amen!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Not to mention if people do drugs or others try to force them not to Satan wins.

Win win for him for Satan. Unfortunately gods wrath with eventually come down on both. But in the mean time God with patiently try to gently persuade them both.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

https://www.facebook.com/LearnLiberty/v ... 9/?fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

kennyhs wrote:
Ok Army, let' s reason together,

Tobacco does not impair thinking, Tobacco kills over 480,000 deaths annually (this includes 41,000 deaths from secondhand smoke) MJ Killed 0 people in 2013. (http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_ ... 9l25v.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) we cannot eliminate bathtubs or fire, or hammers, but marijuana has been illegal because of reasons beyond accidents. MJ is illegal because it gives big corporations more power, Big Gov't more power, our police state more money, power, and control, while at the same time stripping We The People of our rights and giving us less power. Do you agree that it is an abused drug? Of course I do! Never once have I stated it isn't. Guns are abused and I don't want them banned, the constitution has given us that right.

Where does any document or commandment tell us we can abuse drugs? Again, NEVER have I stated I'm pro "abusing drugs". You are putting words into my mouth. Can you answer that, it's an easy question. I don't agree with giving our government force, but I do agree that we live in a civilization which requires laws. Simple enough..

I grow weary of the same argument, as I'm sure you do. What in your opinion is the downside of marijuana? That people smoke it and abuse it! Just like alcohol is abused and causes THOUSANDS of deaths annually. Do you worry about the youth of our country? Should we adults set the example of how to live? Do children who watch their parents smoke MJ think its then OK, and we have a nation of potheads who can't concentrate or hold down jobs? Again, NEVER have I stated that I'm for smoking pot. I'm AGAINST smoking pot! I agree with the campaigns against smoking pot and tobacco, etc. To me, making it legal will only make the situation worse, This was legal in America in the 1600s up until 1915 or so. Were we worse pre-1915? Was America a nation of "pot-heads" pre 1915? Not even close! regardless of anyone's right to own a plant. Ezra's argument is that it cured his son, well medical marijuana is legal, why not leave it at that.

I pay fines for speeding, so I try not to speed. Should there be no speed limits because you have the right to make your own choice concerning how fast you want to go? Do you believe in any laws? Of course I do! Never have I stated I don't believe in any laws. Or is that just force. Do you believe you can move into a housing development that has a HOA and then not obey the rules? Is this nothing more that childish rebelliousness? This statement in itself is childish if you think I'm for decriminalizing MJ to rebel. :-o I already told you I'm PRO FREEDOM and against force to kill people in the middle of the night for owning a plant. If you are for banning a plant, you are PRO FORCE to SWAT team people in the middle of the night to maime/kill them. Or should our children be taught that there are rules and laws we need to abide? I'm all for laws, especially the Constitution! " Government is not reason?" My children did not like the rules in our home either, but they were expected to measure up. They were not allowed to make the rules because I had stewardship and was a wise parent. My children are also wise and would NEVER smoke MJ even if we lived in Colorado. Draconian laws don't govern me and my house. The Gospel and our morals govern us. :)

God has rules, is He too forceful, Of course He is, but he isn't forcefully going to hurt or kill us if we have a plant in our yard. Nor has he EVER forcefully killed anyone in the scriptures for owning or ingesting an herb. or trying to teach us how to be happy, the right way to live.

I'm sure marijuana will be legalized everywhere soon, then the weeping and wailing will begin, it already has in Colorado.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Army Of Truth wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

Tobacco does not impair thinking, Tobacco kills over 480,000 deaths annually (this includes 41,000 deaths from secondhand smoke) MJ Killed 0 people in 2013. (http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_ ... 9l25v.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) we cannot eliminate bathtubs or fire, or hammers, but marijuana has been illegal because of reasons beyond accidents. MJ is illegal because it gives big corporations more power, Big Gov't more power, our police state more money, power, and control, while at the same time stripping We The People of our rights and giving us less power. Do you agree that it is an abused drug? Of course I do! Never once have I stated it isn't. Then why legalize it and create more abuse, because your children don't smoke it and you have rights to a plant? Guns are abused and I don't want them banned, the constitution has given us that right.

Where does any document or commandment tell us we can abuse drugs? Again, NEVER have I stated I'm pro "abusing drugs". You are putting words into my mouth. Pro-legalization will further the abuse of this drug. Nobody is putting words in your mouth, you do that just fine.Can you answer that, it's an easy question. I don't agree with giving our government force, but I do agree that we live in a civilization which requires laws. Simple enough..

I grow weary of the same argument, as I'm sure you do. What in your opinion is the downside of marijuana? That people smoke it and abuse it! Just like alcohol is abused and causes THOUSANDS of deaths annually. Do you worry about the youth of our country? Should we adults set the example of how to live? Do children who watch their parents smoke MJ think its then OK, and we have a nation of potheads who can't concentrate or hold down jobs? Again, NEVER have I stated that I'm for smoking pot. I'm AGAINST smoking pot! I agree with the campaigns against smoking pot and tobacco, etc. But lets legalize it, and help out all those campaigns against smoking pot. @-) To me, making it legal will only make the situation worse, This was legal in America in the 1600s up until 1915 or so. Were we worse pre-1915? Was America a nation of "pot-heads" pre 1915? Not even close! Documentation please.regardless of anyone's right to own a plant. Ezra's argument is that it cured his son, well medical marijuana is legal, why not leave it at that.

I pay fines for speeding, so I try not to speed. Should there be no speed limits because you have the right to make your own choice concerning how fast you want to go? Do you believe in any laws? Of course I do! Never have I stated I don't believe in any laws. Or is that just force. Do you believe you can move into a housing development that has a HOA and then not obey the rules? Is this nothing more that childish rebelliousness? This statement in itself is childish if you think I'm for decriminalizing MJ to rebel. :-o I already told you I'm PRO FREEDOM and against force to kill people in the middle of the night for owning a plant.I'm pro freedom also, and you are not free when addicted to drugs. If you are for banning a plant, you are PRO FORCE to SWAT team people in the middle of the night to maime/kill them. That's childish exaggeration.Or should our children be taught that there are rules and laws we need to abide? I'm all for laws, especially the Constitution! " Government is not reason?" My children did not like the rules in our home either, but they were expected to measure up. They were not allowed to make the rules because I had stewardship and was a wise parent. My children are also wise and would NEVER smoke MJ even if we lived in Colorado. Draconian laws don't govern me and my house. The Gospel and our morals govern us. :) And what about the article of faith that says we believe in obeying the laws of the land?

God has rules, is He too forceful, Of course He is, but he isn't forcefully going to hurt or kill us if we have a plant in our yard. Nor has he EVER forcefully killed anyone in the scriptures for owning or ingesting an herb. Or getting high off that herb? I don't think so. Justify as you will, this is a train wreck, just as alcohol and any other substance that affects your cognitive skills. Hide and watch.or trying to teach us how to be happy, the right way to live.

I'm sure marijuana will be legalized everywhere soon, then the weeping and wailing will begin, it already has in Colorado.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

kennyhs wrote:
Army Of Truth wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

Tobacco does not impair thinking, Tobacco kills over 480,000 deaths annually (this includes 41,000 deaths from secondhand smoke) MJ Killed 0 people in 2013. (http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_ ... 9l25v.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) we cannot eliminate bathtubs or fire, or hammers, but marijuana has been illegal because of reasons beyond accidents. MJ is illegal because it gives big corporations more power, Big Gov't more power, our police state more money, power, and control, while at the same time stripping We The People of our rights and giving us less power. Do you agree that it is an abused drug? Of course I do! Never once have I stated it isn't. Then why legalize it and create more abuse, because your children don't smoke it and you have rights to a plant? Why BAN IT? Like I said, America was founded WITHOUT IT BEING BANNED. If it is a requirement to ban in your eyes, why wasn't it banned in the Constitution? Why didn't any State "Ban" this plant, or any other substance? Were Americans "abusing" this back then for hundreds of years before it was banned? I don't think so. Guns are abused and I don't want them banned, the constitution has given us that right.

Where does any document or commandment tell us we can abuse drugs? Again, NEVER have I stated I'm pro "abusing drugs". You are putting words into my mouth. Pro-legalization will further the abuse of this drug. Nobody is putting words in your mouth, you do that just fine. I'll state it again, America was founded WITHOUT it being banned - "pro-legalization" in your own words. Americans did not abuse it nationwide. Can you answer that, it's an easy question. I don't agree with giving our government force, but I do agree that we live in a civilization which requires laws. Simple enough..

I grow weary of the same argument, as I'm sure you do. What in your opinion is the downside of marijuana? That people smoke it and abuse it! Just like alcohol is abused and causes THOUSANDS of deaths annually. Do you worry about the youth of our country? Should we adults set the example of how to live? Do children who watch their parents smoke MJ think its then OK, and we have a nation of potheads who can't concentrate or hold down jobs? Again, NEVER have I stated that I'm for smoking pot. I'm AGAINST smoking pot! I agree with the campaigns against smoking pot and tobacco, etc. But lets legalize it, and help out all those campaigns against smoking pot. Here's where you keep assuming incorrectly. Legalizing MJ does NOT equal smoking it. Are you FOR the legalizing of tobacco? If you are, then are you for smoking? If not, then why aren't you on a tear to BAN TOBACCO?? @-) To me, making it legal will only make the situation worse, This was legal in America in the 1600s up until 1915 or so. Were we worse pre-1915? Was America a nation of "pot-heads" pre 1915? Not even close! Documentation please. Acutally, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove that America was abusing MJ in the hundreds of years pre-1915. :ymsmug: regardless of anyone's right to own a plant. Ezra's argument is that it cured his son, well medical marijuana is legal, why not leave it at that.

I pay fines for speeding, so I try not to speed. Should there be no speed limits because you have the right to make your own choice concerning how fast you want to go? Do you believe in any laws? Of course I do! Never have I stated I don't believe in any laws. Or is that just force. Do you believe you can move into a housing development that has a HOA and then not obey the rules? Is this nothing more that childish rebelliousness? This statement in itself is childish if you think I'm for decriminalizing MJ to rebel. :-o I already told you I'm PRO FREEDOM and against force to kill people in the middle of the night for owning a plant.I'm pro freedom also, and you are not free when addicted to drugs. If you are for banning a plant, you are PRO FORCE to SWAT team people in the middle of the night to maime/kill them. That's childish exaggeration. Its actually a fact. Have you never read the news about how SWAT does this? Do I need to cite articles? Because I will. Or should our children be taught that there are rules and laws we need to abide? I'm all for laws, especially the Constitution! " Government is not reason?" My children did not like the rules in our home either, but they were expected to measure up. They were not allowed to make the rules because I had stewardship and was a wise parent. My children are also wise and would NEVER smoke MJ even if we lived in Colorado. Draconian laws don't govern me and my house. The Gospel and our morals govern us. :) And what about the article of faith that says we believe in obeying the laws of the land? The Constitution is the Supreme law of the land. If you want to ban MJ, how about you make an Amendment to do that legally? That's how they banned alcohol and look how that worked out. :ymsmug:

God has rules, is He too forceful, Of course He is, but he isn't forcefully going to hurt or kill us if we have a plant in our yard. Nor has he EVER forcefully killed anyone in the scriptures for owning or ingesting an herb. Or getting high off that herb? I don't think so. Justify as you will, this is a train wreck, just as alcohol and any other substance that affects your cognitive skills. Hide and watch.Please site scriptures where God says he will kill us if we get high off His herbs??or trying to teach us how to be happy, the right way to live.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:
Jason wrote:

You can read D&c 121 33-43 to know that he won't allow you using unrighteous dominon Which is what this is all about.

Did God allow them to stay nope. Will he allow you to stay of you use unrighteous dominon nope.

Will he allow those who use his plant that he created the way it's supposed to into heaven. Yep. As long as they don't have other things holding them back. Like unrighteous dominon.

Yes it is.
Are you a member of the LDS church? Do you sustain the leaders of the church? Do they agree with your definition of unrighteous dominion when it comes to laws?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jason wrote:
Ezra wrote:
Jason wrote:

Yes it is.
Are you a member of the LDS church? Do you sustain the leaders of the church? Do they agree with your definition of unrighteous dominion when it comes to laws?
Yes
Yes
Yes as long as they are not decived as D&c 76:75 states

75. These are they who where honorable men of this earth who where blinded by the craftyness of men.

“The Constitution will never reach its destiny through force. God's principles are taken by men because they are eternal and true and touch the divine spirit in men. This is the only true way to permanent world peace, the aspiration of men since the beginning. God never planted his Spirit, his truth, in the hearts of men from the point of a bayonet.” (J. Reuben Clark, The Constitution,

“Yet, to repeat, we have entered into new fields to impose our will and concepts on others. This means we must use force, and force means war, not peace. What has our apostasy from peace cost us?” (J. Reuben Clark, Let Us Have Peace, Church News, November

“The ravening wolves are amongst us, from our own membership, and they, more than any others, are clothed in sheep's clothing, because they wear the habiliments of the priesthood…We should be careful of them.” (J. Reuben Clark, Conf

Read (many are called few are chosen) by h verlan Anderson. Which we were asked to read in conference.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Army Of Truth wrote:
kennyhs wrote:
Army Of Truth wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

Tobacco does not impair thinking, Tobacco kills over 480,000 deaths annually (this includes 41,000 deaths from secondhand smoke) MJ Killed 0 people in 2013. (http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_ ... 9l25v.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) we cannot eliminate bathtubs or fire, or hammers, but marijuana has been illegal because of reasons beyond accidents. MJ is illegal because it gives big corporations more power, Big Gov't more power, our police state more money, power, and control, while at the same time stripping We The People of our rights and giving us less power. Do you agree that it is an abused drug? Of course I do! Never once have I stated it isn't. Then why legalize it and create more abuse, because your children don't smoke it and you have rights to a plant? Why BAN IT? Like I said, America was founded WITHOUT IT BEING BANNED. If it is a requirement to ban in your eyes, why wasn't it banned in the Constitution? Why didn't any State "Ban" this plant, or any other substance? Were Americans "abusing" this back then for hundreds of years before it was banned? I don't think so. Guns are abused and I don't want them banned, the constitution has given us that right.

Where does any document or commandment tell us we can abuse drugs? Again, NEVER have I stated I'm pro "abusing drugs". You are putting words into my mouth. Pro-legalization will further the abuse of this drug. Nobody is putting words in your mouth, you do that just fine. I'll state it again, America was founded WITHOUT it being banned - "pro-legalization" in your own words. Americans did not abuse it nationwide. Can you answer that, it's an easy question. I don't agree with giving our government force, but I do agree that we live in a civilization which requires laws. Simple enough..

I grow weary of the same argument, as I'm sure you do. What in your opinion is the downside of marijuana? That people smoke it and abuse it! Just like alcohol is abused and causes THOUSANDS of deaths annually. Do you worry about the youth of our country? Should we adults set the example of how to live? Do children who watch their parents smoke MJ think its then OK, and we have a nation of potheads who can't concentrate or hold down jobs? Again, NEVER have I stated that I'm for smoking pot. I'm AGAINST smoking pot! I agree with the campaigns against smoking pot and tobacco, etc. But lets legalize it, and help out all those campaigns against smoking pot. Here's where you keep assuming incorrectly. Legalizing MJ does NOT equal smoking it. Are you FOR the legalizing of tobacco? If you are, then are you for smoking? If not, then why aren't you on a tear to BAN TOBACCO?? @-) To me, making it legal will only make the situation worse, This was legal in America in the 1600s up until 1915 or so. Were we worse pre-1915? Was America a nation of "pot-heads" pre 1915? Not even close! Documentation please. Acutally, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove that America was abusing MJ in the hundreds of years pre-1915. :ymsmug: regardless of anyone's right to own a plant. Ezra's argument is that it cured his son, well medical marijuana is legal, why not leave it at that.

I pay fines for speeding, so I try not to speed. Should there be no speed limits because you have the right to make your own choice concerning how fast you want to go? Do you believe in any laws? Of course I do! Never have I stated I don't believe in any laws. Or is that just force. Do you believe you can move into a housing development that has a HOA and then not obey the rules? Is this nothing more that childish rebelliousness? This statement in itself is childish if you think I'm for decriminalizing MJ to rebel. :-o I already told you I'm PRO FREEDOM and against force to kill people in the middle of the night for owning a plant.I'm pro freedom also, and you are not free when addicted to drugs. If you are for banning a plant, you are PRO FORCE to SWAT team people in the middle of the night to maime/kill them. That's childish exaggeration. Its actually a fact. Have you never read the news about how SWAT does this? Do I need to cite articles? Because I will. Or should our children be taught that there are rules and laws we need to abide? I'm all for laws, especially the Constitution! " Government is not reason?" My children did not like the rules in our home either, but they were expected to measure up. They were not allowed to make the rules because I had stewardship and was a wise parent. My children are also wise and would NEVER smoke MJ even if we lived in Colorado. Draconian laws don't govern me and my house. The Gospel and our morals govern us. :) And what about the article of faith that says we believe in obeying the laws of the land? The Constitution is the Supreme law of the land. If you want to ban MJ, how about you make an Amendment to do that legally? That's how they banned alcohol and look how that worked out. :ymsmug:

God has rules, is He too forceful, Of course He is, but he isn't forcefully going to hurt or kill us if we have a plant in our yard. Nor has he EVER forcefully killed anyone in the scriptures for owning or ingesting an herb. Or getting high off that herb? I don't think so. Justify as you will, this is a train wreck, just as alcohol and any other substance that affects your cognitive skills. Hide and watch.Please site scriptures where God says he will kill us if we get high off His herbs??or trying to teach us how to be happy, the right way to live.

“Medical use of marijuana in compassionate cases has been proven to be useful,” the recreational use of cannabis is not “something we really want for our society,” adding that, “you know, we’re gradually just removing all the barriers to hedonistic activity.” Ben Carson

One teen describes it this way,

" What you thought were your rights, has now become my problem."

Marijuana legalization is more than an issue of your rights.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

It is more then just about rights.

I have a right to be able to give my son mj meds. God give in fact as he created the plant.

Mj laws take away my freedoms to freely have access to it.

The drugies abuse it and that's a problem sure enough.
Why don't we take it one step further then try to force them and take away their freedom. Let just kill them. They can't abuse it of they are dead.

Wouldn't that solve the problem? Or is that too harsh?
If it's too harsh what's the proper amount of harshness? Just how much is our lot to punish them?

If I see my neighbor drinking should I punish him in a simalar fashion?

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

kennyhs wrote: “Medical use of marijuana in compassionate cases has been proven to be useful,” the recreational use of cannabis is not “something we really want for our society,” adding that, “you know, we’re gradually just removing all the barriers to hedonistic activity.” Ben Carson

One teen describes it this way,

" What you thought were your rights, has now become my problem."

Marijuana legalization is more than an issue of your rights.
I agree! MJ legalization gives us back the rights America had since its founding, thus giving us MORE FREEDOM to access the healing power of this plant as well as the production power, etc.

Banning MJ is not only Unconstitutional, but it gives the Federal Government power to TRAMPLE on our rights! What part of a SWAT team breaking into your house in the middle of the night to shoot/maime/kill you for owning a plant is Constitutional and right in ANY way, shape, or form? :-?

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

JohnnyL wrote:http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-year ... s-plummet/

Two Years Later...

"There is another interesting statistic coming out of Colorado’s legalization of recreational cannabis. According to the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA), all drug-related charges have dropped by 23% on a judicial district level. It seems that ending pot prohibition can have positive effects in other areas of the war on drugs.

On the issue of tax revenue, Colorado has beaten expectations with a projected $125 million collected in 2015. This is almost three times what the state collected in 2014. Analysts attribute this to a variety of factors, including more dispensaries open, more tourists visiting those pot shops, and more people deciding to try cannabis.

The Free Thought Project has documented several other good things about Colorado’s cannabis legalization. Cannabis businesses have donated large sums of money to clean up highways, teen cannabis use has declined, prescription drug use is down, and deaths from opiate painkillers have declined dramatically. Highway car accident deaths are at their lowest ever, and even violent crime has significantly decreased. It is more difficult to attribute these last two to legalization, but the trends are nonetheless there."

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-year ... gs-plummet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well? I just wonder "what else" is happening... It does say more people trying cannabis. I wonder if more adults smoke, more often--and how that's affecting their society.
I just wish I could have gotten in on the ground floor. ...

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

love this quote:
It’s heartening to see that tens of thousands of otherwise law-abiding Coloradans have been spared the travesty of getting handcuffed or being charged for small amounts of marijuana,” said Art Way, Colorado State Director for the Drug Policy Alliance. “By focusing on public health rather than criminalization, Colorado is better positioned to address the potential harms of marijuana use, while diminishing many of the worst aspects of the war on drugs.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kennyhs wrote:I'm sure marijuana will be legalized everywhere soon, then the weeping and wailing will begin, it already has in Colorado.
Can you explain Colorado weeping and wailing? Everyone I know in Colorado says they're neutral on it or firmly in support of it. Most LDS people I know there are neutral on it, but some are in support as they say they've seen a drop in criminal behavior.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:
Jason wrote: Did Heavenly Father allow 1/3 of His kids to hang around when they rebelled against His plan - i.e. laws, agency, punishment, repentance?

Yes it is.
Ezra wrote:
Jason wrote:Are you a member of the LDS church? Do you sustain the leaders of the church? Do they agree with your definition of unrighteous dominion when it comes to laws?
Yes
Yes
Yes as long as they are not decived as D&c 76:75 states

75. These are they who where honorable men of this earth who where blinded by the craftyness of men.

“The Constitution will never reach its destiny through force. God's principles are taken by men because they are eternal and true and touch the divine spirit in men. This is the only true way to permanent world peace, the aspiration of men since the beginning. God never planted his Spirit, his truth, in the hearts of men from the point of a bayonet.” (J. Reuben Clark, The Constitution,

“Yet, to repeat, we have entered into new fields to impose our will and concepts on others. This means we must use force, and force means war, not peace. What has our apostasy from peace cost us?” (J. Reuben Clark, Let Us Have Peace, Church News, November

“The ravening wolves are amongst us, from our own membership, and they, more than any others, are clothed in sheep's clothing, because they wear the habiliments of the priesthood…We should be careful of them.” (J. Reuben Clark, Conf

Read (many are called few are chosen) by h verlan Anderson. Which we were asked to read in conference.
Seriously? Proposition 8 & same sex marriage? Gambling? Prohibition? etc etc etc....

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I support pot brownies. If David O McKay can eat rum cake...well.

Not for me, I experimented with it in the late 80s, or for the underage (don't want them plagued with anti-motivational syndrome), it makes me paranoid instead of this "mellow" feeling

Guess we need some new wow Revelations

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Rachael wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-year ... s-plummet/

Two Years Later...

"There is another interesting statistic coming out of Colorado’s legalization of recreational cannabis. According to the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA), all drug-related charges have dropped by 23% on a judicial district level. It seems that ending pot prohibition can have positive effects in other areas of the war on drugs.

On the issue of tax revenue, Colorado has beaten expectations with a projected $125 million collected in 2015. This is almost three times what the state collected in 2014. Analysts attribute this to a variety of factors, including more dispensaries open, more tourists visiting those pot shops, and more people deciding to try cannabis.

The Free Thought Project has documented several other good things about Colorado’s cannabis legalization. Cannabis businesses have donated large sums of money to clean up highways, teen cannabis use has declined, prescription drug use is down, and deaths from opiate painkillers have declined dramatically. Highway car accident deaths are at their lowest ever, and even violent crime has significantly decreased. It is more difficult to attribute these last two to legalization, but the trends are nonetheless there."

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-year ... gs-plummet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well? I just wonder "what else" is happening... It does say more people trying cannabis. I wonder if more adults smoke, more often--and how that's affecting their society.
I just wish I could have gotten in on the ground floor. ...
LOL...never too late.

Got to love the bogus statistics in the link above...take for example the statement in bold which links out to a study in this article -

Investigators affiliated with the Medical Marijuana Research Institute in Mesa surveyed responses from 367 state-qualified patients recruited from four Arizona medical cannabis dispensaries. Respondents were more likely to be male, in their mid-40s, and daily consumers of cannabis.
http://www.thedailychronic.net/2015/466 ... -cannabis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...that's no way even affiliated with Colorado...and even the link to the other study in that article...is Rhode Island.

...then you dig into this "research institute" only to find out its a private LLC owned by MATTHEW DIDONATO with business location of his home....and he's published one and only one study...that was basically making some phone calls and reporting whatever results he wanted to report.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

skmo wrote:
kennyhs wrote:I'm sure marijuana will be legalized everywhere soon, then the weeping and wailing will begin, it already has in Colorado.
Can you explain Colorado weeping and wailing? Everyone I know in Colorado says they're neutral on it or firmly in support of it. Most LDS people I know there are neutral on it, but some are in support as they say they've seen a drop in criminal behavior.
Colorado had an influx of recreational marijuana users come to town, it has caused an increase in traffic accidents, emergency room visits, especially for children, and caused the black market to be even stronger. People can get MJ from the black market much cheaper than from
medical MJ dispensaries. I have a friend in Colorado Springs tell me it hasn't been good.