Colorado and Marijuana--??

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Colorado and Marijuana--??

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:You say prophets are perfect then they are not. Then you say because they said one thing that has to be correct and any other statement to the contrary is us twisting logic. When it was a prophet or scripture that we are pointing out to combat your stance.

Congratulations. I believe that is the definition of insanity.

We keep saying pray to God Find the truth.

But that's apparently twisting logic.

Don't put your trust in the arm of flesh. Go to the source.
I've never said prophets are perfect. Quite the contrary...they are human and imperfect. And subject to injecting a little personal opinion from time to time.

Hence 2 Corinthians 13:1

Keep twisting...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jason wrote:
Ezra wrote:You say prophets are perfect then they are not. Then you say because they said one thing that has to be correct and any other statement to the contrary is us twisting logic. When it was a prophet or scripture that we are pointing out to combat your stance.

I've never said prophets are perfect. Quite the contrary...they are human and imperfect. And subject to injecting a little personal opinion from time to time.

Keep twisting...
It's funny that that's the point we are all trying to make.

I have quoted scripture prophets and jesus in scripture.

I've pointed out that scripture says in more then one spot. it's the disposition of almost all men. Which means your side is the popular vote.

You have shown that even prophets have tryed to encourage the use of force to try to curb agency befor they have done wrong with it.

I have asked as Jesus asked. Can you cast the first stone. You have remained silent.

I have asked if you would make all your own sins illegal? You have remained silent.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:That was a very thoughtful reply, thank-you.

We as parents, have stewardship over our children, I don't consider that to be force, I consider it to be love. We teach them the concept of right and wrong, of consequence and punishment. Yes, its needs to be done with gentle persuasion, reproving when necessary.

If you moved into an HOA, knowing the conditions and rules beforehand, why not measure up? A good example of this is our church schools, i.e.
BYU Provo, BYU Idaho. There are rules and conditions to attend these schools, and they are strict, is there something wrong with that? Do you think
if marijuana was legalized in Utah, that a church school would allow students to grow it on campus or in their apartments?

Church schools are not a home, and yet they set standards for people from all over the world. I've had children attend those schools, I like
the standards and rules. Modest apparel is required, I like that. Students who come to learn and progress, are not worried about whether or
not they can use or grow marijuana, they have higher goals.
Kenny read D&c 121 33-43 and tell me how you did as a parent at using the right way vs the wrong way.
Tell me how you can use the law to promote the right way vs the wrong way.

And if they legalize mj I bet they would allow mj to be grown for medical use. As that does not break the wow.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

kennyhs wrote:That was a very thoughtful reply, thank-you.

We as parents, have stewardship over our children, I don't consider that to be force, I consider it to be love. We teach them the concept of right and wrong, of consequence and punishment. Yes, its needs to be done with gentle persuasion, reproving when necessary.
Right. It is different than the govt., though the govt. could be more like that and we'd usually be better off. But, that's not going to happen. There are times when parenting that love is not going to work, ha ha. We do the best we can with it, understand better, prepare better... then they grow up and are "on their own".
Parents can use force, love, or both. I've seen what has happened in many situations, and if you want happier and more joyful children (and a spouse)--and in the end obedient children for the right reasons, choose love over force when you can.
What happens when children are justly abused because of their rebellion?
Is it ok to force your wife to obey if she doesn't listen to you? Why, or why not?
Reproving. And THEN... Where's the love?

If you moved into an HOA, knowing the conditions and rules beforehand, why not measure up?
If I moved into an HOA... I wouldn't. But, then come other problems. You have an HOA board and president. Knowing people who have lived in HOA's, they can be bribed in many ways to change the rules. And they do. And the rules are enforced differently depending on who kisses up to them, vs. others who don't. And the fines are the same way. (More reasons I wouldn't live in an HOA.)
A good example of this is our church schools, i.e. BYU Provo, BYU Idaho. There are rules and conditions to attend these schools, and they are strict, is there something wrong with that? Do you think if marijuana was legalized in Utah, that a church school would allow students to grow it on campus or in their apartments?
BYU, etc. are private institutions. I doubt they would allow students to do that. It's not like alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, or tea are illegal for most students, either.

Church schools are not a home, and yet they set standards for people from all over the world. I've had children attend those schools, I like
the standards and rules. Modest apparel is required, I like that. Students who come to learn and progress, are not worried about whether or
not they can use or grow marijuana, they have higher goals.
Yes, many students do have higher goals, and I'm glad. It's hard to see what people are like, nevertheless.
kennyhs, do you like to be controlled and forced in every little thing, and punished for every little thing? Did you ever have a parent like that? Have you ever worked for a boss like that?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

It would be better to not smoke mj or cigarettes, not drink alcohol, tea, or coffee.

It would be better to not eat McD "food", drink soda, eat MSG, eat granola, chew your fingernails, and a million and one other things--some of which are pretty benign, and others which are much worse than any of the given WoW.

Most people know that. Or I'll say, could know that.

So why is it ok to force some things, but not others?

Addiction (and often drug abuse and use) is using something to attain a state you don't have, but want. Many people have that state, but you don't. You want it. Use __, and you can get it. You don't feel something you want to feel, so you use __. You feel something you don't want to feel and use __ as an answer to cover it up/ forget.
When toddlers start screaming and crying and throwing a tantrum, it's usually a sign of that, too. On the surface (can't get the toy they want) and deeper (not enough sleep, not enough water, don't know how to deal with a situation, scared, etc.).

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:
Jason wrote:

Keep twisting...
It's funny that that's the point we are all trying to make.

I have quoted scripture prophets and jesus in scripture.

I've pointed out that scripture says in more then one spot. it's the disposition of almost all men. Which means your side is the popular vote.

You have shown that even prophets have tryed to encourage the use of force to try to curb agency befor they have done wrong with it.

I have asked as Jesus asked. Can you cast the first stone. You have remained silent.

I have asked if you would make all your own sins illegal? You have remained silent.
They are illegal...violation of laws...that is what makes them sins!

You've pulled some isolated quotes and put forth your own interpretation on them.

You keep ignoring the church's blatant and long standing stance (support) on moral legal law like Prohibition, gambling, same sex marriage, etc etc etc....not one man's opinion but church policy and church stance that hasn't changed in umpteen decades...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

No Jason. There should be no law on marriage period. Since there is is why they they were vocal on same sex marriage. We should not need to ask the government for permission to get married. Those marriage laws were only on the books to make polygamy illegal and persecute the lds at the time. Lincoln was a tyrant.

The church had a long time stance of being completly aginst public schools. To the point that the prophet said that those who sent there children there would most likely not make it to the celestial kingdom.

But they changed their tune on that one too. Even though the scriptures point out in detal to have no one be your teacher unless he be a man of God obeying the scriptures. And that precept of men edu is the stumbleing block of the Gentiles.

The church had a long time stance on being pro constitution. And being aginst socializem.They don't even talk about it anymore. And even promote government wealfare.

Your point is moot. They were once aginst laws that promoted government force. Now some of them don't.

A truth is universal Jason.

Are you worthy to cast the first stone?

The government gets its rights by the people.

Do you have a right to go to your neighbors and put them in jail for their sins?

Jason breaking a law does not make it a sin. A sin is a sin and sin is defined by God . If the law is unconstitutional. God has asked us not to follow it. D&c 98 4-9

If the law of the land was to kill Jews. And you broke that law are you a sinner?

Another twist of logic. Look in the mirror next time you say that.

Remember God said thou shall not steal. Yet the government does it all day long. And you support that.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:No Jason. There should be no law on marriage period. Since there is is why they they were vocal on same sex marriage. We should not need to ask the government for permission to get married. Those marriage laws were only on the books to make polygamy illegal and persecute the lds at the time. Lincoln was a tyrant.

The church had a long time stance of being completly aginst public schools. To the point that the prophet said that those who sent there children there would most likely not make it to the celestial kingdom.

But they changed their tune on that one too. Even though the scriptures point out in detal to have no one be your teacher unless he be a man of God obeying the scriptures. And that precept of men edu is the stumbleing block of the Gentiles.

The church had a long time stance on being pro constitution. And being aginst socializem.They don't even talk about it anymore. And even promote government wealfare.

Your point is moot. They were once aginst laws that promoted government force. Now some of them don't.

Do you have a right to go to your neighbors and put them in jail for their sins?

Jason breaking a law does not make it a sin. A sin is a sin and sin is defined by God . If the law is unconstitutional. God has asked us not to follow it. D&c 98 4-9

If the law of the land was to kill Jews. And you broke that law are you a sinner?

Remember God said thou shall not steal. Yet the government does it all day long. And you support that.
Lincoln was far from a tyrant...and has broad support from church leadership over the decades...just do search on his name on LDS.org.

That's your libertarian (big banker propaganda) education coming out...

noticed you completely ignored gambling...Prohibition...again (iterative)...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Just becaus someone is very quotable. He spoke very highly of the constitution. Does not make him good. he almost completly ignored the constitution during his presidency.

He was a tyrant. And he more then any other president took this country away from the constitutional principles.

Do a search on how many constitutional laws he broke during his presidency.

Ohh Jason. I'm not a libitarian silly boy. Ever read creature from jeckel island? Or the real Lincoln?

Big banker edu. Lol. Who was it that Lincoln borrowed money from to fund the civil war. Ohh ya a cousin of the rothchilds.

And no I didn't forget to address how you and some of the prophets tryed to use force of law to curb sin. Almost all men use unrighteous dominon.

You again didn't answer if you are willing to make your sins illegal. And if your worthy to cast the first stone. And where government gets it power to make laws to curb sins since we the people cannot demand it of our neighbors and that power has to come from us.

And here's a little bit on Lincoln

https://snapoutofitamerica.wordpress.co ... erate-war/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

You should also read on Joseph smith party platform for running for president. And his plan to free the slaves. That was the right way to do it. And compare that to how Lincoln did it.

And don't forget every other nation that did away with slavery did so without civil war and the deaths of 100s of thousands of people.

I used to quote Lincoln too tell I discovere how bad of a man he was.

I did the same with Nelson Mandela. Their was a good reason for that man to be in prison.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:Just becaus someone is very quotable. He spoke very highly of the constitution. Does not make him good. he almost completly ignored the constitution during his presidency.

He was a tyrant. And he more then any other president took this country away from the constitutional principles.

Do a search on how many constitutional laws he broke during his presidency.

Ohh Jason. I'm not a libitarian silly boy. Ever read creature from jeckel island? Or the real Lincoln?

Big banker edu. Lol. Who was it that Lincoln borrowed money from to fund the civil war. Ohh ya a cousin of the rothchilds.

And no I didn't forget to address how you and some of the prophets tryed to use force of law to curb sin. Almost all men use unrighteous dominon.

You again didn't answer if you are willing to make your sins illegal. And if your worthy to cast the first stone. And where government gets it power to make laws to curb sins since we the people cannot demand it of our neighbors and that power has to come from us.

And here's a little bit on Lincoln

https://snapoutofitamerica.wordpress.co ... erate-war/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOL...you go off about not being libertarian then recommend libertarian books...

Not to educated either....research Greenbacks...and why Lincoln torqued off the Rothschilds...but I reckon its all in who you get your propaganda from...

FYI...Captain Moroni basically did the same thing...with the support of the voice of the people....those were desperate times with deep conspiracy to destroy the fledgling nation. For some real education I recommend the personal insights of Felix Stidger found first several posts here -
http://yophat.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I don't lable myself stop trying to pin one on me. I read to know about the secret combinations. as asked in D&c 123 12-16 and D&c 88:76-82 if you want to pin a lable on Me. Pin anti secret combination

I'm very well read on Lincoln. And yep know the story and situations surrounding why he went away from constitutional money another law he broke. and started printing paper money. And then going back to the gold standard. Was probably as attibuting factor of his assassination.

With the blood of 100s of thousands on your hands it's hard to know exactly which enemy might have been the cause behind it.

The scriptures say

1 nephi 22: 13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

Sounds to me exactly like the civil war. The bloodiest war in our history.

The saints had nothing to do with it. They were off in ut. To which Lincoln said this.

When I was a boy on the farm in Illinois, there was a great deal of timber on the farm which we had to clear away. Occasionally we would come to a log which had fallen down. It was too hard to split, too wet to burn, and too heavy to move, so we plowed around it. You go back and tell Brigham Young that if he will let me alone I will let him alone."

And still persecuted the saints.

The Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act (37th United States Congress, Sess. 2., ch. 126, 12 Stat. 501) was a federal enactment of the United States Congress that was signed into law on July 8, 1862 by President Abraham Lincoln. The act targeted the Mormon practice of plural marriage and the property dominance of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Utah Territory

Here Jason

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref ... t.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your hero tyrant opened the doors for government tyranny of today.

Saying Lincoln is anything like Moroni is a joke.

The south was being unfairly taxed. They brought their grievances up to congress who ignored them. So they peacefully lawfully left the union. Which then Lincoln attacked their new formed nation.

Nothing like Moroni defending his people aginst secret combinations who wanted to kill them in their own land.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Ezra wrote:I don't lable myself stop trying to pin one on me. I read to know about the secret combinations. as asked in D&c 123 12-16 and D&c 88:76-82 if you want to pin a lable on Me. Pin anti secret combination

I'm very well read on Lincoln. And yep know the story and situations surrounding why he went away from constitutional money another law he broke. and started printing paper money. And then going back to the gold standard. Was probably as attibuting factor of his assassination.

With the blood of 100s of thousands on your hands it's hard to know exactly which enemy might have been the cause behind it.

The scriptures say

1 nephi 22: 13 And the blood of that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall turn upon their own heads; for they shall war among themselves, and the sword of their own hands shall fall upon their own heads, and they shall be drunken with their own blood.

The saints had nothing to do with it. They were off in ut. To which Lincoln said this.

When I was a boy on the farm in Illinois, there was a great deal of timber on the farm which we had to clear away. Occasionally we would come to a log which had fallen down. It was too hard to split, too wet to burn, and too heavy to move, so we plowed around it. You go back and tell Brigham Young that if he will let me alone I will let him alone."

The Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act (37th United States Congress, Sess. 2., ch. 126, 12 Stat. 501) was a federal enactment of the United States Congress that was signed into law on July 8, 1862 by President Abraham Lincoln. The act targeted the Mormon practice of plural marriage and the property dominance of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Utah Territory

Here Jason

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref ... t.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like I said previously....its all about who you get your propaganda from...Pat Bagley being another rotten peach with an ax to grind...

Its one thing to claim being well read....another thing entirely to prove or demonstrate it...

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Jason wrote:
Ezra wrote:I don't lable myself stop trying to pin one on me. I read to know about the secret combinations. as asked in D&c 123 12-16 and D&c 88:76-82 if you want to pin a lable on Me. Pin anti secret combination

The scriptures say

Here Jason

Like I said previously....its all about who you get your propaganda from...Pat Bagley being another rotten peach with an ax to grind...

Its one thing to claim being well read....another thing entirely to prove or demonstrate it...

Rotten Fruit..

"Bagley describes himself as a moderate-Republican who became a liberal independent during the presidency of George W. Bush. Bagley often addresses the predominant Utah culture of conservative politics and the LDS Church."

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Jason wrote:
Ezra wrote:No Jason. There should be no law on marriage period. Since there is is why they they were vocal on same sex marriage. We should not need to ask the government for permission to get married. Those marriage laws were only on the books to make polygamy illegal and persecute the lds at the time. Lincoln was a tyrant.

Lincoln was far from a tyrant...and has broad support from church leadership over the decades...just do search on his name on LDS.org.

Lincoln was a tyrant (or those who controlled the puppet) for most of his life--that is yet another thing church leaders have been, and still are, wrong about (if that's what they really think or preach).

That's understandable, when you realize they are men who grew up in or look up to the USA. As talked about a little in the FlatEarth thread, we are all brainwashed to a degree, and many more than others. I'm still finding things that are truer than the truths I grew up with, and more things are coming to light that we didn't have back then, especially publicly.

The evidence is overwhelming--even stronger than any federal marijuana stats you might want to quote. I believe there are a few discussion threads on him on the board here.

Lincoln had some good quotes from his speechwriters, no doubt--just like Bush, Obama, Cinton, etc. have.

Perhaps his depression and sadness in later life came from his wicked ways, or hopefully, a realization of his being controlled, or better, a realization of his wicked ways.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

JohnnyL wrote:
Jason wrote:

Lincoln was a tyrant (or those who controlled the puppet) for most of his life--that is yet another thing church leaders have been, and still are, wrong about (if that's what they really think or preach).

That's understandable, when you realize they are men who grew up in or look up to the USA. As talked about a little in the FlatEarth thread, we are all brainwashed to a degree, and many more than others. I'm still finding things that are truer than the truths I grew up with, and more things are coming to light that we didn't have back then, especially publicly.

The evidence is overwhelming--even stronger than any federal marijuana stats you might want to quote. I believe there are a few discussion threads on him on the board here.

Lincoln had some good quotes from his speechwriters, no doubt--just like Bush, Obama, Cinton, etc. have.

Perhaps his depression and sadness in later life came from his wicked ways, or hopefully, a realization of his being controlled, or better, a realization of his wicked ways.
Agree to disagree.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Agree to bury your head more like it.

Study up on what Our history books call it the draft riots.

They were any but riots.

It was New York State Militia vs us army. They don't know the exact numbers killed. 20,000-30,000 in the battle that lasted a few days. The militia trying to protect its citizens from the unfair draft. Which had a Claus if you could pay the fee you could exempt yourself from it. So the rich all could afford it but no one eles.

Lincoln said he would not go forward with the draft to the governor. So they put down their arms. The army seized their Wepons. And proceeded to draft the citizens.
A complet lie from Lincoln.

Lincoln the Tyrant.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Ezra wrote:Agree to bury your head more like it.
Thank you. I appreciate others helping me to not be the only person who responds rudely.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

skmo wrote:
Thank you. I appreciate others helping me to not be the only person who responds rudely.
Lol no problem.

Not my best day had to kill one of my cows. But at least we have burger.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

They were any but riots.

It was New York State Militia vs us army. They don't know the exact numbers killed. 20,000-30,000 in the battle that lasted a few days. The militia trying to protect its citizens from the unfair draft. Which had a Claus if you could pay the fee you could exempt yourself from it. So the rich all could afford it but no one eles.

Lincoln said he would not go forward with the draft to the governor. So they put down their arms. The army seized their Wepons. And proceeded to draft the citizens.

Lincoln the Tyrant.
Laman and Lemuel thought Nephi was a tyrant trying to exercise power and authority over them....its all perspective and depends which side of the fence you are on...

Or whose perspective of history you are buying into....

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Lamen and Lemuel were rebellious, with little faith, I think like some, they resented any kind of authority, even their Father's or Nephi's.

I'm confident they would insist on growing marijuana and using it simply because they were told it wasn't a good decision. Nevermin if their choice was detrimental to others.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Jason wrote:

They were any but riots.

Lincoln the Tyrant.
Laman and Lemuel thought Nephi was a tyrant trying to exercise power and authority over them....its all perspective and depends which side of the fence you are on...

LaL were liars, pure and simple. We should hopefully be familiar with the scriptures that show that.
Last edited by JohnnyL on February 5th, 2016, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

kennyhs wrote:Lamen and Lemuel were rebellious, with little faith, I think like some, they resented any kind of authority, even their Father's or Nephi's.

I'm confident they would insist on growing marijuana and using it simply because they were told it wasn't a good decision. Nevermin if their choice was detrimental to others.
Yes, they were like that.
Had they smoked mj, they would have been better off, I have no doubt.
But like "illegal marijuana" lawmakers, they did try to force NaS to follow them and obey their standards and desires.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:Lamen and Lemuel were rebellious, with little faith, I think like some, they resented any kind of authority, even their Father's or Nephi's.

Wait look at what you just wrote.

God was the first one to grow mj. I'm pretty confident that God knows what he is doing as the original pot grower.

I'm pretty sure lamen and Lemuel would have rebelliously smoked it to get high. Not used it as God intended.

But I don't recall the scripture where nephi made a law to punish them and imprision them??

Could you help me out with that scripture Kenny.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jason wrote:

They were any but riots.

Lincoln the Tyrant.

The thing is history is either truth or lie.
History written by the winner is usually very tainted with their justified view of it.

Thank goodness we have Joseph smith as a prophet let us know how slavery was to righteously end.

And we also know that the us government was so corrupt at the time that the saints had to flee from it to Utah.

We also have the story of the founding fathers appearing in the temple asking why their temple work had not been done. Lincoln was not presant at that. Which also give a very good clue as to his worthiness.