Colorado and Marijuana--??

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: Colorado and Marijuana--??

Post by Army Of Truth »

status-marijuana.jpg
status-marijuana.jpg (393.57 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kennyhs wrote:Marijuana is not an innocent, harmless herb.
Neither is willow bark.
Neither is mustard.
Neither is peppermint.
Neither is coffee beans.
Neither is tobacco.
Neither is the opium poppy.
Neither is nightshade.
Neither is kola nut.
Neither is Jimson Weed.

I can use any of these to derive things to kill with. I can also use some of them to make my hot dog taste better, my headache go away, or make a seriously disgusting drink a lot of horribly taste-blinded people have for breakfast.

I have been hiking in the Colorado Mountains when I was younger and hiked right past huge quantities of Amanita Muscaria that I could have used to get higher than all my Percocet ever used got me. I could have harvested some of it and made enough money from hippies at the University of Colorado to have paid for all of my college and bought me a G-Class Mercedes.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Army Of Truth wrote:
Ezra wrote:
kennyhs wrote:Lamen and Lemuel were rebellious, with little faith, I think like some, they resented any kind of authority, even their Father's or Nephi's.

I'm confident they would insist on growing marijuana and using it simply because they were told it wasn't a good decision. Nevermin if their choice was detrimental to others.
Wait look at what you just wrote.

God was the first one to grow mj. I'm pretty confident that God knows what he is doing as the original pot grower.

I'm pretty sure lamen and Lemuel would have rebelliously smoked it to get high. Not used it as God intended.

But I don't recall the scripture where nephi made a law to punish them and imprision them??

Could you help me out with that scripture Kenny.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Wait, so God made MJ LEGAL???? :-o You mean God believes in FREEDOM???? :-o Oh my goodness! :-o What fear! :-o How could a loving God give us FREEDOM to use his god given plants that may or may not be used in harmful ways??? :-o :-o Oh the horror!! :-o

;)
Hahahaha! " Army Of Truth,"

You have un-wittingly proved the need for medical Marijuana as a sedative. :D

Calm down! :))

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

skmo wrote:
kennyhs wrote:Marijuana is not an innocent, harmless herb.
Neither is willow bark.
Neither is mustard.
Neither is peppermint.
Neither is coffee beans.
Neither is tobacco.
Neither is the opium poppy.
Neither is nightshade.
Neither is kola nut.
Neither is Jimson Weed.

I can use any of these to derive things to kill with. I can also use some of them to make my hot dog taste better, my headache go away, or make a seriously disgusting drink a lot of horribly taste-blinded people have for breakfast.

I have been hiking in the Colorado Mountains when I was younger and hiked right past huge quantities of Amanita Muscaria that I could have used to get higher than all my Percocet ever used got me. I could have harvested some of it and made enough money from hippies at the University of Colorado to have paid for all of my college and bought me a G-Class Mercedes.
You have a lot of knowledge.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Army of Truth,

Oh no, my nutmeg is going to be banned!! Ahhhh!!

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

JohnnyL wrote:Army of Truth,

Oh no, my nutmeg is going to be banned!! Ahhhh!!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Oh no no no... I've heard that sex is addictive. Let's ban SEX unless you have a license to perform. No, let's just make it illegal, unless you want to have a baby, in which case a prescription from a doctor will be necessary.

Jason, kennyhs? What are your thought on this?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

JohnnyL wrote:Oh no no no... I've heard that sex is addictive. Let's ban SEX unless you have a license to perform. No, let's just make it illegal, unless you want to have a baby, in which case a prescription from a doctor will be necessary.

Ummm, no comment from me, I am busy reading the Church statement about OPPOSING the legalization of Marijuana.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:Oh no no no... I've heard that sex is addictive. Let's ban SEX unless you have a license to perform. No, let's just make it illegal, unless you want to have a baby, in which case a prescription from a doctor will be necessary.

Ummm, no comment from me, I am busy reading the Church statement about OPPOSING the legalization of Marijuana.
You mean opposing a bill. They don't oppose gods creation.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Ezra wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

You mean opposing a bill. They don't oppose gods creation.
Yes, opposing it to be legal other than for medical purposes.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Did they provide scripture as to their opposition??

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

kennyhs wrote:

Why not? Now that you've read it...

Should sex and having children be banned and punishable by prison if the federal govt or the LDS church say so/ oppose it?

What about polygamy, circa late 1800's?

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

JohnnyL wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

Should sex and having children be banned and punishable by prison if the federal govt or the LDS church say so/ oppose it?
That depends on who the parents are. ;)

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kennyhs wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:
kennyhs wrote:

That depends on who the parents are. ;)

Depends on who the Parent are.

I hear ya buddy and can tell your Aryan nation all the way. Kill them Jews and blacks. White privilege. @-)

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not. I hope not. Just like mj. I'm pretty darn sure God knows what he is doing bringing children into this world.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Research: Opioid Deaths Down As Much As 25 Percent In States Where Medical Marijuana Is Legal

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/0 ... id-deaths/

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Cannabis, It proves that G_d Loves Us!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot ... ethepeople

Part of the article:
Research published Wednesday found that states that legalized medical marijuana — which is sometimes recommended for symptoms like chronic pain, anxiety or depression — saw declines in the number of Medicare prescriptions for drugs used to treat those conditions and a dip in spending by Medicare Part D, which covers the cost on prescription medications.

Because the prescriptions for drugs like opioid painkillers and antidepressants — and associated Medicare spending on those drugs — fell in states where marijuana could feasibly be used as a replacement, the researchers said it appears likely legalization led to a drop in prescriptions. That point, they said, is strengthened because prescriptions didn't drop for medicines such as blood-thinners, for which marijuana isn't an alternative.

The study, which appears in Health Affairs, examined data from Medicare Part D from 2010 to 2013. It is the first study to examine whether legalization of marijuana changes doctors' clinical practice and whether it could curb public health costs.

The findings add context to the debate as more lawmakers express interest in medical marijuana. This year, Ohio and Pennsylvania passed laws allowing the drug for therapeutic purposes, making it legal in 25 states, plus Washington, D.C. The approach could also come to a vote in Florida and Missouri this November. A federal agency is considering reclassifying medical marijuana under national drug policy to make it more readily available.

Medical marijuana saved Medicare about $165 million in 2013, the researchers concluded. They estimated that, if medical marijuana were available nationwide, Medicare Part D spending would have declined in the same year by about $470 million. That's about half a percent of the program's total expenditures.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Good stuff JohnnyL. The sad truth is if one supports hemp/cannabis being illegal they support big pharma. Which happens to be one of the most ruthless, evil institutions in world history. Big Pharma = "hearts of conspiring men in the last days". Considering big pharma has almost been the bane of my family's existence, I will never stop fighting this beast. Too many people buy into the propaganda, like Drug Free America (you see all the anti marijuana commercial where pets have dumbed down conversation with their high owner) happens to be funded by Big Pharma and the alcohol industries, go figure.

Food for thought by Dr. Mercola. . .

Read first post in this thread by Dr. Jones. . .
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21317

Marijuana Research Supports Its Safety and Benefits
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... efits.aspx
The US is far behind many other countries in harnessing the healing power of marijuana. Israel is the marijuana research capital of the world, thanks to Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, who was the first to investigate the medicinal properties of marijuana way back in the 1960s and the first to isolate THC and CBD.

Israel is now using marijuana to treat cancer, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, Tourette's syndrome, and many other conditions. As shown in the film, even residents of Israeli nursing homes are being treated with marijuana.
Medical Cannabis — A Vastly Underutilized Therapeutic Option?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ption.aspx

Top US Doctor Says Medical Marijuana May Help Some Conditions
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... juana.aspx

Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate the Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... entia.aspx

America’s Burgeoning Cannabis Industry and the Road to Public Acceptance
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ustry.aspx

Can Medical Marijuana Fight the Opioid Epidemic?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... elief.aspx