Forum Rules Update - 6/24/2015 - PLEASE READ

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Forum Rules Update - 6/24/2015 - PLEASE READ

Post by BroJones »

BrianM wrote:Happy 10th Anniversary, LDSFF!
Yes -- Happy Anniversary!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Onsdag wrote:Thank you Brian. I was beginning to think the site should be renamed freedomfromldsforum to more accurately reflect the spirit of apostasy which seems to have crept in over the last little while. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction to show that I was wrong in that thought.
Well, I'm not guaranteeing perfection. There will always be someone that is disappointed.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

What is to be done about those who just plain will not bend? There are posters that do everything in their power to pass off their own theories, their own ideas and their own philosophies as fact, and that any other ideas are absolutely. emphatically wrong, even to the point of calling others "stupid", "you need to read more", "you don't understand", "you're way out in left field" and many other tactics used to retain and maintain control. It's like addressing a person in love with themselves. They'll even resort to quoting one or more scriptures or quotes from church leaders to counter the other person's quoted scriptures and church leader quotes, in an attempt to belittle their intelligence, to label and degrade them. And I'm not sure how to describe exposing such arrogance and self-aggrandizement (self-importance) and be accurate.
And what about people coming onto this forum claiming to be a prophet, yet are not necessarily a faithful LDS, making it known by their own admission? They feel as though they are above the church in knowledge and practice and apparently do not hold back such preconceived ideas.

Has anyone else encountered these problematic issues?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I'm okay with letting others be wrong all day long (within the scope of the forum rules), but obviously when someone resorts to personal attacks (calling others stupid) that is crossing the line.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

freedomforall wrote:What is to be done about those who just plain will not bend?
That's the spirit.

The solution is always the same: shut down or kick out.

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

freedomforall wrote:What is to be done about those who just plain will not bend? There are posters that do everything in their power to pass off their own theories, their own ideas and their own philosophies as fact, and that any other ideas are absolutely. emphatically wrong, even to the point of calling others "stupid", "you need to read more", "you don't understand", "you're way out in left field" and many other tactics used to retain and maintain control. It's like addressing a person in love with themselves. They'll even resort to quoting one or more scriptures or quotes from church leaders to counter the other person's quoted scriptures and church leader quotes, in an attempt to belittle their intelligence, to label and degrade them. And I'm not sure how to describe exposing such arrogance and self-aggrandizement (self-importance) and be accurate.
And what about people coming onto this forum claiming to be a prophet, yet are not necessarily a faithful LDS, making it known by their own admission? They feel as though they are above the church in knowledge and practice and apparently do not hold back such preconceived ideas.

I thought you may have been talking about your own posts but further reading has cleared me of that vain hope LOL

If you feel someone is like that then ignore their posts, I do that with a few people.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

If you feel someone is like that then ignore their posts, I do that with a few people.
" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing". Edmund Burke

There are times when we need to respond, rather than ignore. I believe the spirit can help us determine when we should respond and how.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

ajax wrote:
freedomforall wrote:What is to be done about those who just plain will not bend?
That's the spirit.

Then there are the rowdy bunch. #-o

BTW, I have changed my stances several times. For instance, I once thought that God does not use force in getting His children to obey. I admitted my error and corrected it. God used force to get Lucifer and his followers out of His kingdom and being sent to earth.

Of course, my corrections go unnoticed. This way I can still be accused of being this....or that. When I read something that is in any way bashing church leaders or cutting down the church, or evil speaking toward its faithful members someone has to say something. Like Brain says, if we do not speak out, we are then part of the problem.

I apologize for hurting people's feelings, and I do not apologize for God's words hurting anyone, especially when posted verbatim.
Last edited by freedomforall on June 26th, 2015, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

theBruceGuy wrote:
freedomforall wrote:What is to be done about those who just plain will not bend? There are posters that do everything in their power to pass off their own theories, their own ideas and their own philosophies as fact, and that any other ideas are absolutely. emphatically wrong, even to the point of calling others "stupid", "you need to read more", "you don't understand", "you're way out in left field" and many other tactics used to retain and maintain control. It's like addressing a person in love with themselves. They'll even resort to quoting one or more scriptures or quotes from church leaders to counter the other person's quoted scriptures and church leader quotes, in an attempt to belittle their intelligence, to label and degrade them. And I'm not sure how to describe exposing such arrogance and self-aggrandizement (self-importance) and be accurate.

I thought you may have been talking about your own posts but further reading has cleared me of that vain hope LOL

Do you think I was addressing or referring to a mouse in my pocket? That is a vain hope. :))

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

BrianM wrote:I'm okay with letting others be wrong all day long (within the scope of the forum rules), but obviously when someone resorts to personal attacks (calling others stupid) that is crossing the line.
So people like shadow then should be banned as in your view? (just search his last 3 pages of posts, they are majority all personal attacks at me ;)
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on June 26th, 2015, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

freedomforall wrote:I apologize for hurting people's feelings, and I do not apologize for God's words hurting anyone, especially when posted verbatim.
That's just it - Mormon truth - this goes both ways greatly ^^^ - what most share here (who are labeled apostates) comes from the book of mormon and being awoken to it - so maybe BrianM you need to define Apostasy (I recommend the scriptures as your source) for the LDSFF.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

I'm happy to be the guinea pig of sorts if you will, please start a poll about BrotherOfMahonri and let's see if I am one who many think this type of conversation relates to... I bet Tony will jump on board first for my disagreeing with him like this:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=39162&p=619877#p619877" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this type of conversation offensive? Is this what people are crying about here as apostasy?

I came here as sincere a seeker as any, pure motives, heart, etc. and I was insta-roasted by the TBMs because of my difference of opinion - nothing attacking but TBMs attacking themselves because of our sharing what standards the Lord has lead us to step up to, and have finally of late caved into the ugliness that does exist, responding MOSTLY to TBMs here crying the gospel with one hand and smearing the face of their brother with the other, brothers who love the same Lord, the same gospel (although sees it differently) - I don't blame anyone in whatever breaking point RUNNING away from this false type of mormons-know-best-culture.

It is difficult to be lumped into a really ugly category (apostate) - when I've stated again and again my love of the brethren, my seeking fruits of seers and revelators, my taking it all to the Lord, he prompting my wife and I to come here, only to find and because of a question or expressed feeling I got personally and felt to share, it no longer matters one iota what I say anymore, as the lumping of me in a category outweighs any good I have said or do say, and so the judgement begins (so glad none of you will be my judge, esp. these particular TBMs), it doesn't matter that I love Elder Scott, or Uchtdorf, it is sustain or be die, go away, disappear, and be dead to this forum.

If this is what the LDSFF is going to be - controlling what TBMs suppose to be waywards souls (what a devilish thing to label me and others apostates frankly) - you might as well ask the devil to write the rules - rules on how to control thought, freedom, truth, and esp. love for anyone who will not sustain them (listen now TBMs here carefully) as seers and revelators - believe me I sustain them in their huge responsibilities in a very big corporation, I'm a business owner myself, and it takes a ton of work, esp. when you have lots of arms out there in Babylon the great (not mammon, but Babylon, which is different to me in my current understanding) - but I like them have equal rights to amazing talks, amazing insights, revelation, for my corporation as well - but I am seeking the fruits we find in our restored gospel, and I am labeled an apostate for such -

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

I'm interested in knowing from particularly: BrianM, Tony, Rewcox, Bee, shadow, AI2.0, etc. and any others who want to weigh in, is this apostasy, is this something that doesn't belong on here? I ask because I constantly feel personally attacked for having an opinion, back as one of our first posts:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why is it ok to roast me alive for my opinion, but woah unto me if I have an opinion about a talk in GC that the spirit told me was more or less than the gospel. The only ugliness I am seeing is due most in part to these TBMs who react in hate, anger, personal attacks, and the like (all unbecoming of the gospel) which then stirs up the natural man in those being attacked (something we are all working on) to defend themselves first sincerely, then falling into the mean spirited sarcasm that comes almost always no matter what I am stating on any thread.

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39130#p618910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadow is notorious, and yes I'm calling him out here because he is one of the worse - I felt the spirit - powerfully and felt to respond to the sincere OP, and shadow often highjacks, now followed by his bee friend ready to sting, and then the posse seems to all jump on as soon as word spreads - and this posse is a TBM posse.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BrotherOfMahonri,

I am glad you were led to this forum. You remind me of a sweet family I know in real life, who seek to leave Babylon outside their doors, and are persecuted by their ward family because of it. And yet, I know God loves them, and supports their desire to love him and serve Him.
I hope we can continue to keep in touch after your move, if you desire to leave this forum for good. I will stay on here, even if I'm not posting, so you can PM me, and we can get in touch. My email on here is not reliable. My real email is my name, so it's not on this forum.

Love you, brother.
(yes, I've adopted your family, in my heart)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

idahommie wrote:What changed? Seems Prophet and Apostle and Church bashing is still flavor around here, still this forum offers a place where people can voice differing opinions, which is great.
It takes some reading to see its not a complete Anti site, but it really is a better alternative to those sites.
The heavenly gift forum is no more and the people who were posting there will probably drift away for the most part. Also, it will take some time for the forum to return to what it was pre-2012. Be patient.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
freedomforall wrote:I apologize for hurting people's feelings, and I do not apologize for God's words hurting anyone, especially when posted verbatim.
That's just it - Mormon truth - this goes both ways greatly ^^^ - what most share here (who are labeled apostates) comes from the book of mormon and being awoken to it - so maybe BrianM you need to define Apostasy (I recommend the scriptures as your source) for the LDSFF.
Apostasy

When individuals or groups of people turn away from the principles of the gospel, they are in a state of apostasy.

Although there will not be another general apostasy from the truth, we must each guard against personal apostasy by keeping covenants, obeying the commandments, following Church leaders, partaking of the sacrament, and constantly strengthening our testimonies through daily scripture study, prayer, and service.

So, those individuals coming on this forum claiming that the church is no longer needed or stating they are above it in some way, the leaders are out of the way, the leaders no longer have keys, that there has been no prophesy in many, many years, that the church is corrupt, among other things...these comments are not meant to build up but to tear down.

Just who and where do they come from...that are on the path in becoming a member of the Church of the Firstborn? The complainers, the fault finders or the rebellious...or the TBM's doing their ultimate best to keep the commandments, live up to their covenants and feast upon the word and put into practice what they learn from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

Matthew 11:29
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

1 Come unto Christ
2 Learn of Christ
3 Put into practice being meek and lowly of heart
4 Find peace and joy in following the Savior

Proverbs 3:5,6
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

1 Trust in the Lord, trust that He can do what He says He can do, and that is to save any one of us
2 Offer our whole heart as an indication that we mean what we say in trusting Him
3 Do not lean on our own thinking or understanding, rather, trust that the Lord knows what He is doing in our lives
4 Whenever we see or feel something in our lives that has brought us closer to the Lord whatsoever, acknowledge this awareness to God
5 Trust that Christ will lead us back to Him, if and when we truly trust Him to do so. After all, we cannot save ourselves.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

A Random Phrase wrote:
idahommie wrote:What changed? Seems Prophet and Apostle and Church bashing is still flavor around here, still this forum offers a place where people can voice differing opinions, which is great.
It takes some reading to see its not a complete Anti site, but it really is a better alternative to those sites.
The heavenly gift forum is no more and the people who were posting there will probably drift away for the most part. Also, it will take some time for the forum to return to what it was pre-2012. Be patient.

I've been here since 2007....I think it's now time for me to "drift away." Take care all. I may check in from time to time. :)

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

The problem with apostates who post scriptures is that they have their own interpretation of the scripture that they use to justify their apostate thinking, and their interpretation is contrary to how Jesus Christ's prophets and apostles have interpreted the scripture.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Tony wrote:The problem with apostates who post scriptures is that they have their own interpretation of the scripture that they use to justify their apostate thinking, and their interpretation is contrary to how Jesus Christ's prophets and apostles have interpreted the scripture.
Is this like taking a Cadillac, putting it into a crusher and shrinking its size, then calling it a Volkswagen, Beetle?

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

freedomforall wrote:
Tony wrote:The problem with apostates who post scriptures is that they have their own interpretation of the scripture that they use to justify their apostate thinking, and their interpretation is contrary to how Jesus Christ's prophets and apostles have interpreted the scripture.
Is this like taking a Cadillac, putting it into a crusher and shrinking its size, then calling it a Volkswagen, Beetle?
I thought about it and realized how accurately you put it.

Apostates take the word of God, which has infinite and eternal value, and they destroy it. They then shape it into something that will fit their evil ways.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Tony wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
I thought about it and realized how accurately you put it.

Apostates take the word of God, which has infinite and eternal value, and they destroy it. They then shape it into something that will fit their evil ways.
I think we all do that, it is a human failing. That is why humility, patience and long-suffering are required for preaching His gospel.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Now that I've finally got around to reading the rules, I have a question, Brian. Do you mind defining the gospel of Jesus Christ so we can be clear on what is acceptable and what is not?

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

ajax wrote:
That's the spirit.

Sometimes I want to lash out at you ajax, but I never will because you are a good person, I now that in my heart. Thank-you for being who you are!

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I sense a change in you lately Bee... or is that my own perception... anyways... :ymhug:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Bee Prepared wrote:
ajax wrote:
That's the spirit.

Sometimes I want to lash out at you ajax,
That's ok. Go for it. It doesn't bother me like it does a lot of other weenies around here.