LDS General Conference 2015 Weekend - Share online

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

LDS General Conference 2015 Weekend - Share online

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Why not attend GC together, live online? After each talk we could all chime in with a paragraph about what we FELT with the goal of sharing one another's perspectives and insights.

I appreciate angles from many of you, insights I never had considered on scriptures, talks, principles, etc. over the last 6 months being here. That is what I seek to share and learn of from anyone else during GC as the Holy Ghost inspires us to share (otherwise what is the point of sharing any insights unless the Spirit carries our thoughts to each other's hearts?)

No pressure in joining me, but I would love any of your insights as you feel so inspired, this is what I plan to do for this GC (when the kids are not distracting me that is), and will be prayerful about it, as I want to write down all impressions I get from the Holy Ghost this conference and will approach this GC prayerfully asking the Lord to humble me where needs be and also to teach me in each message what he would want me to understand - as I currently feel awoken enough to things that are not about attacking the church or its leaders but being willing to stand up to something the Spirit tells me is not quite right about doctrines being taught during GC.

Again, the goal is to share what we FELT after each talk, and I'm sure we'll get many who share what they NOTICE each talk to make for an interesting time.

It is up to each of us always to heed the spirit in our own lives - so if something is disagreeable, share what you felt if you feel so inspired and allow others to counter but no personal bashing is needed.

What do you think? Is there a better way to approach this goal besides just keeping it to ourselves? A better website or place?

I consider this forum currently as our LDS ward (it's interesting that usually about 500+ people are on at a time, esp. Sundays making this LDSFF one huge online ward) - where we have many talents, gifts, and uniqueness with each one of it's members, but the difference is this LDSFF online ward allows conversation (somewhat) about sincere questions and insights.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Re: LDS General Conference 2015 Weekend - Share online

Muerte Rosa wrote:Are you trying to steel Brian's homey's?
Please expound.... not trying to steal anyone's "homey's" whatever that means.

My site is a non-denominational site, but it is an all Christian inclusive site - I love this LDSFF for what it is and has been for us and I will come back here for LDS perspectives, whereas I feel there is NOWHERE I can go (online) and embrace all TRUTH from all sources of truth in any Christian denomination or belief with other fellow christians of any denomination, that is the purpose of the ILoveJesusChrist.org forum - I'd just as soon as have a place already existing where I didn't have to start a new one, where all who love Christ could come and share their beliefs.

If we can do it here, great! Please set it up with Brian... You are welcome to say no, you are welcome to come, you are welcome to suggest otherwise.
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 1st, 2015, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

An honest question- Since you believe the church leaders have fallen and are apostate, what does it matter to you what they say?
If I didn't believe they were true prophets and apostles, I sure as heck wouldn't waste time listening to them.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

shadow wrote:An honest question- Since you believe the church leaders have fallen and are apostate, what does it matter to you what they say?
If I didn't believe they were true prophets and apostles, I sure as heck wouldn't waste time listening to them.

I see BDLDS as more of a fence sitter on this one just that he doesn't realize it yet. I will most certainly be listening to GC, maybe not post live on this forum but after the sessions as I have allowed the counsel to sink in.

A rapid reaction to what these men say, isn't in our best interests.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

samizdat wrote:
True, and I've seen it done on this site. People misinterpret what was actually said and then it spreads around.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

shadow wrote:
samizdat wrote:
True, and I've seen it done on this site. People misinterpret what was actually said and then it spreads around.
Case in point Elder Oak's single men are half a man thread.

You try to put out the fires of those ready to throw in the can of lighter fluid at anything that affects their paradaigm.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

samizdat wrote:
shadow wrote:An honest question- Since you believe the church leaders have fallen and are apostate, what does it matter to you what they say?

I see BDLDS as more of a fence sitter on this one just that he doesn't realize it yet. I will most certainly be listening to GC, maybe not post live on this forum but after the sessions as I have allowed the counsel to sink in.

If by fence sitter you mean what Elder Scott said, his going to that Sunday School class where the teacher was way off meanwhile Elder Scott received powerful revelation during the poor lesson - ABSOLUTELY! But how dare I say a general authority could be way off at times...

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng

I am excited to sit with my wife and kids, snacks, watermelon, corn on the cob, and cozy-up time to watch GC this weekend. You miss me entirely if you have not caught on as of yet my love for the brethren, but you see, you maybe are currently (I'm assuming here) like those who think Christ hated Peter for having called him Satan, or maybe that Christ hated Martin Harris for having called him a wicked man - it is all on the contrary, REBUKE WITH SHARPNESS WHEN MOVED UPON BY THE HOLY GHOST and RETURN WITH GREATER LOVE...

God is in control my friends, this is His work, not mine or yours, and only HE KNOWS why he has prompted MY FAMILY to where we are at - and I trust you are likewise heeding His voice in your own patriarchal and prophet positions of your home and stewardships.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:
samizdat wrote:

If by fence sitter you mean what Elder Scott said, his going to that Sunday School class where the teacher was way off meanwhile Elder Scott received powerful revelation during the poor lesson - ABSOLUTELY! But how dare I say a general authority could be way off at times...

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng

I am excited to sit with my wife and kids, snacks, watermelon, corn on the cob, and cozy-up time to watch GC this weekend. You miss me entirely if you have not caught on as of yet my love for the brethren, but you see, you maybe are currently (I'm assuming here) like those who think Christ hated Peter for having called him Satan, or maybe that Christ hated Martin Harris for having called him a wicked man - it is all on the contrary, REBUKE WITH SHARPNESS WHEN MOVED UPON BY THE HOLY GHOST and RETURN WITH GREATER LOVE...

God is in control my friends, this is His work, not mine or yours, and only HE KNOWS why he has prompted MY FAMILY to where we are at - and I trust you are likewise heeding His voice in your own patriarchal and prophet positions of your home and stewardships.
What I meant by "fence sitter" is that you are about halfway between an unapologetic apostate and an unapologetic Follow the Prophet type.

In other words, you are in an area where you don't really know what your next step is going to be. I definitely don't see you as an apostate but rather as someone who is desperately looking for truth come what may happen. This is where you have to be led by the Spirit not knowing what you are to do. I am happy that you are looking for truth in GC and hope that you can partake of this spiritual feast with an eye on God.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

samizdat wrote: What I meant by "fence sitter" is that you are about halfway between an unapologetic apostate and an unapologetic Follow the Prophet type.

In other words, you are in an area where you don't really know what your next step is going to be. I definitely don't see you as an apostate but rather as someone who is desperately looking for truth come what may happen. This is where you have to be led by the Spirit not knowing what you are to do. I am happy that you are looking for truth in GC and hope that you can partake of this spiritual feast with an eye on God.
Well said, "I am happy that you are looking for truth in GC and hope that you can partake of this spiritual feast with an eye on God.".

If it helps somewhat, think of it as if you were let's say Abraham, or Saul, or Alma Sr., or Lehi... The Holy Spirit tells you to do things contrary to the "norm" of the church of your days... all will mock, many will cast stones, many will attempt to silence, but in the end, the ultimate judge and voice one must learn to recognize is the Spirit (and yes, I must be very careful myself in keeping my life such that repentance is a daily thing so as to not be deceived).

Thanks for not labeling us as apostates (as of yet) but some who are desperately looking for truth. I would hope you as well are DESPERATELY seeking for turth -

We indeed are looking for truth, always, even desperately thirsting and hungering after righteousness (truth is light and knowledge of thins as they are, were, and are to come), and I am always left in awe each week as my sincere prayers are answered in mysterious ways by a God whose mysteries are great!

These personal revelations and answers so far have not come from what I always thought were seers and revelators - I give some of them that they are prophets in their own light, IE Elder Scott who defends the one wife doctrine without having to say it - but I am looking for the fruits, praying again sincerely this GC to find the witness that these men are who they say they are.
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 1st, 2015, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

samizdat wrote:.
A good thread that can help you see where we are partly coming from:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38095#p592585

Again, God is doing his Strange Act these last days, so if it is strange to you to see us do what we are doing, take hope that God is doing his work with us as he will with you.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Indeed, God is accomplishing His strange act.
4 For the preparation wherewith I design to prepare mine apostles to prune my vineyard for the last time, that I may bring to pass my strange act, that I may pour out my Spirit upon all flesh—

Good that you're paying attention to the Lords apostles. Also, keep your Temple recommend handy, and use it often. That's part of the strange act.
Those found contrary to the apostles arent part of the goodness of the strange act. So if it looks strange to see people sustain the Lords prophets and apostles, maybe join in.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

shadow wrote:Indeed, God is accomplishing His strange act.
4 For the preparation wherewith I design to prepare mine apostles to prune my vineyard for the last time, that I may bring to pass my strange act, that I may pour out my Spirit upon all flesh—

Good that you're paying attention to the Lords apostles. Also, keep your Temple recommend handy, and use it often. That's part of the strange act.
Those found contrary to the apostles arent part of the goodness of the strange act. So if it looks strange to see people sustain the Lords prophets and apostles, maybe join in.
Thanks shadow, I feel somehow this is a first non-attack from you. I'll have to repent now and go back and see reread some of your responses. It is a little disheartening and a little comforting to have mentioned my love for the brethren and feel a total reversal in your replies. I have dreamed uninvited with the brethren for some time - dreams I know the Lord will help me understand if they are to be of any significance in my personal life and possibly in God's plan for whatever purposes in him for the future of His work and His church (church to me remember means those who come unto Christ and follow him).

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:
shadow wrote:Indeed, God is accomplishing His strange act.

Thanks shadow, I feel somehow this is a first non-attack from you. I'll have to repent now and go back and see reread some of your responses. It is a little disheartening and a little comforting to have mentioned my love for the brethren and feel a total reversal in your replies. I have dreamed uninvited with the brethren for some time - dreams I know the Lord will help me understand if they are to be of any significance in my personal life and possibly in God's plan for whatever purposes in him for the future of His work and His church (church to me remember means those who come unto Christ and follow him).
" Balaam", you are obviously a very good person, I pray that you come away from GC with a good feeling!

I sometimes have to be careful not to confuse belief with truth. The thing about truth is that it exists beyond belief. It is true even if nobody believes it. It can be very confusing to sort out our own experiences from truth. Just think , you actually have a powerful companion in searching for truth, the Holy Ghost.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote: You miss me entirely if you have not caught on as of yet my love for the brethren, but you see, you maybe are currently (I'm assuming here) like those who think Christ hated Peter for having called him Satan, or maybe that Christ hated Martin Harris for having called him a wicked man - it is all on the contrary, REBUKE WITH SHARPNESS WHEN MOVED UPON BY THE HOLY GHOST and RETURN WITH GREATER LOVE...
So, are you saying that you have rebuked the brethren and "returned with a greater love"?

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Tony wrote:
BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote: You miss me entirely if you have not caught on as of yet my love for the brethren, but you see, you maybe are currently (I'm assuming here) like those who think Christ hated Peter for having called him Satan, or maybe that Christ hated Martin Harris for having called him a wicked man - it is all on the contrary, REBUKE WITH SHARPNESS WHEN MOVED UPON BY THE HOLY GHOST and RETURN WITH GREATER LOVE...
So, are you saying that you have rebuked the brethren and "returned with a greater love"?
No. I have not had the opportunity in person with the brethren, but Yes the Holy Spirit has given me some "rebuke" for some "brethren" (extended to 70s and more) during their messages of late, whether in person or in dreams or during GC of late - and no, I do not think I am right they are wrong as much as I love them and expect equal rebuke towards myself like unto PAHORAN and MORONI - two men among men who censured one another but whose love of God exuded in their censuring/rebuking and not being offended, such is the love of God when it is within you - you can maturely handle a rebuke because you know the person rebuking you has the Love of God within them and it is of the Holy Spirit - a rare capacity I feel in this babylonian-LDS-mixed culture.

It may be of help to understand what REBUKE of the Holy Spirit means and has been for me...

I have had many more rebukes come to me via the Holy Spirit for Obama, Bush Jr., Glen Beck, many KSL commenters (when I used to care to read them - I have since stopped, as the majority are ill-inspired comments and hard hearted words from fellow Utahs in my view) etc. than I have had rebukes for the brethren - but when a servant of God or a person (Obama) knows better and declares truths that are twisted to their own liking - the rebuke of the Spirit is more powerful and censuring - is it a gift? I hope so, and I hope all who have taken the Holy Spirit as their guide can sense this gift - I hope we all have or pray for such a gift, the gift to discern when man attempts to run things (esp. attempts to misconstrue truth for his own purposes or erroneous understandings - more or less than Christ's gospel) his own way (ie. Balaam, King David, The Saints repetitively throughout scripture, King Noah, Rameumtum, etc.) - am I worthy of rebuke - absolutely! But I am so far able to discern when rebuke towards me is of God or otherwise (jealousy, pride, anger, hidden malice, or otherwise) and so far, any "Rebuke" of a leader of late (bishop, stake pres, EQP, etc. that I have received has been of man, or of Manuals, or of jealousy, or of pride, or otherwise, and not of God or his Holy Spirit. That I know and can discern.

I also feel some of the brethren would take a rebuke if done in love by the Spirit - but I do not feel whatsoever it is my mission to rebuke them personally to their face if that is what you are thinking, any more than it is yours, but the Holy Spirit speaketh the same truth (rebukes if you will) to any who are listening, so in my view a rebuke can be another word to describe what I feel by the Holy Spirit when any man or woman takes a truth and twists it to mean something it was never intended to mean - so the Holy Spirit rebukes that man and his teaching clearly in my heart as I hear, study, read, or listen to their message.

Elder Scott had this rebuke of the Spirit in that lesson he spoke of where he received personal revelation powerfully as this man taught things from obscure references or when Elder Bednar spoke publicly in GC of cringing in sacrament meetings as people testified of their love of their spouse and family which should never be done over the pulpit but privately (I feel right there with Elder Bednar and have had the spirit equally cause me to cringe and rebuke those men or women in Sac. meeting long before Elder Bednar publicly shared that rebuke he felt for such people in Fast and Testimony Meetings - and if you recall he rebuked them all publicly in GC).

So the spirit of rebuke (or discerning when some person is off with their teaching or twisting of truth or principle or their actions are off) is with me, and I believe such it could and should be with all who have the Holy Spirit as their guide, unless they are darkened in their mind for having trusted in the prophet (or in the arm of flesh) too much (Christ's own words about the saints with Joseph, not mine).

Thanks for the inspired question Tony. :D :ymhug:
Inspired questions bring about inspired discussions IMHO. ;)

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:
Tony wrote:
No. I have not had the opportunity in person with the brethren, but Yes the Holy Spirit has given me some "rebuke" for some "brethren" (extended to 70s and more) during their messages of late, whether in person or in dreams or during GC of late - and no, I do not think I am right they are wrong as much as I love them and expect equal rebuke towards myself.
What I see is you using Christ’s rebuke of Peter and Martin Harris as a license to claim the Holy Spirit tells you when the brethren, whom you love, lack perspective. I see you elevating yourself to the level of our Lord Jesus Christ, and, of course, I expect you to deny you are elevating yourself to the level of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you are watching General Conference and you think the Holy Spirit has given you some "rebuke" for some "brethren," you need to understand that you are not actually listening to the Holy Spirit. Satan is deceiving you. I do not expect you to grasp this. I am posting it for the benefit of those who read this forum.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Tony,
A man named Paul Tillech explained that when it comes to practical applied worship - it doesn't matter what you call it - but that which you worship - or prioritize above all, your "ultimate concern" - is your god.
Do you prioritize what GAs say over God's will?

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

Thinker wrote:Tony,
A man named Paul Tillech explained that when it comes to practical applied worship - it doesn't matter what you call it - but that which you worship - or prioritize above all, your "ultimate concern" - is your god.
God's will is that we give heed to his chosen and anointed servants as they exercise the stewardship he has given them. It seems your "ultimate concern" is choosing your own path outside of that which the Lord has given us.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I like this invitation to discuss Gen Conf, thank B-lds. I love the brethren also - this is an important start IMO.

I try to prepare personally by having questions in my mind, praying for answers, taking this inquisitive attitude to conference. And I have more prepping in this way to do.

"praying again sincerely this GC to find the witness that these men are who they say they are." I think that's a good question. Do they hold the Lord's priesthood -- are the fifteen true apostles of the Lord Jesus? (think of the temple)

Also, I fully expect a most interesting announcement or two at this conference... I had a dream; not sure Pres MOnson will say much this conf...

Eyes and ears open!

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

BroJones wrote:I like this invitation to discuss Gen Conf, thank B-lds. I love the brethren also - this is an important start IMO.

I try to prepare personally by having questions in my mind, praying for answers, taking this inquisitive attitude to conference. And I have more prepping in this way to do.

"praying again sincerely this GC to find the witness that these men are who they say they are." I think that's a good question. Do they hold the Lord's priesthood -- are the fifteen true apostles of the Lord Jesus? (think of the temple)

Also, I fully expect a most interesting announcement or two at this conference... I had a dream; not sure Pres MOnson will say much this conf...

Eyes and ears open!
Good to see you Brother Jones!

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Lezlee and I are watching the blood moon... blood RED!
Spring City, UT
Last edited by BroJones on April 4th, 2015, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Those men are there to fullfill the scriptures written reguarding the chosen heads of Jacob and princes of the House of Israel of Ephraim.

They shall do exactly as it is written they shall do.

I would just be glad to see Hosea 14:8 fullfilled while I am yet alive and the words of Joel of the bride brought out of the closet finally, before I go the way of all the earth.

:)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Welcome back, Bro. Jones!

Phoenixstar117
captain of 100

Post by Phoenixstar117 »

I'm so glad to see your here to join us. I'm also looking forward to conference. Only a few more hours.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Tony wrote:
Thinker wrote:Tony,
God's will is that we give heed to his chosen and anointed servants as they exercise the stewardship he has given them. It seems your "ultimate concern" is choosing your own path outside of that which the Lord has given us.
You have been misguided, Tony.
God's will is that we do God's will - even above trusting in the arm of flesh - because the flesh (imperfect people) will inevitably let us down.
"God is love" - and love is appreciating what is while striving for what is best - through active faith.
All things will fail - including prophets - except this pure love.

Jesus also specified that loving God and loving each other are ABOVE even prophets...
"On these two commandments hang all of the law and the prophets."
Do God's will and abide the day.