Happy pi day 3.1415

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Darren
captain of 1,000

Happy pi day 3.1415

Post by Darren »

This is a rant:

The ward where I live has for many years celebrated "pi" day. We are a small University Town, and many members and officers in the ward are university professors, so they are steeped in "University Culture." An annual ward activity was put together many years ago to celebrate March 14th as pi day, and we would all get together for a pot luck dessert party, pie judging, and pie eating contests, because pi day equals pie day. What a great reason to celebrate?

Anyway, this "pi day" became more popular than other traditional holidays with their holiday traditions gradually exterminated. The pi symbol went up on the foyer's easel and the Christmas Tree came down. Obviously the pagan symbolized Christmas Tree had to go erstwhile the rational symbol of pi needed to be brought forward. Santa Claus was next to get the axe, and now for years we have not seen him. A lot of other cultural symbols and holidays have also been impacted. How far does this have to go? Let's just board up the windows and follow after the Jehovah Witnesses example.

A new culture is growing in the Church based on Aristotle's Orthodox Religion and has been displacing the more "believing" culture's holidays and symbols. Have you seen evidence of this?

So tomorrow is pi day, and a biggie for those pi lovers, as it is also the "15th" year, written out for March 14, 2015 as 3.14.15.

Welcome to the New Mormon Culture.

God Bless,
Darren
Last edited by Darren on March 13th, 2015, 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Happy pi day 3.1415

Post by inho »

It's cool that there is the 15 this year, but I won't celebrate pi day - I'm all for tau (see: http://www.tauday.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

inho wrote:It's cool that there is the 15 this year, but I won't celebrate pi day - I'm all for tau (see: http://www.tauday.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
Very good! The rationally minded among us are obviously off base, more so than those of us who just believe in True Culture.
2 Nephi 9:28
When they are learned they think they are wise

Philosopher Kings operate their domains upon knowing "absolute truths," or the arbitrary concepts that thy have agreed upon, they call it Orthodoxy. And if you disagree with their agreed upon absolute truths then they say you are Hetrodoxy, or said another way, Heresy, and they chop off your head.

E = mc2 may work as a formula if you want to blow things up, but for mankind the True Formula is EQM. The relationship of all Energy with all Mater is ALL Quality, not some single quality as in the silly E = mc2 where the quality factored in is the speed of light or gravity or some other quality relationship nonsense. Don't think inside the box, or the pi.

How much we still need to learn...

God Bless,
Darren

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Cool π day!
The largest knight at king Arthur round table was was sir Circumference because he ate too much pie (π).
Nothing wrong with a pie day!!

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Happy pi day 3.14

Post by inho »

Are you going to eat some pie today?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Beware the Ides of March! (Tomorrow)

/Doomsayer

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Mormon Culture Adopts NEW Icons

God Bless,
Darren

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

It is Einstein's birth day again. Happy Pi Day!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CADAEIBFE

8 digits is what I memorized from when my dad gave me a TI-12 for my bday. And now I see 9 digits ends with BFE :lol:

CNOIZECI using 2 digits when possible.

Still nothing like the two timing patterns at march8miracle.com

3*8**

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

"IT'S PI DAY. AGAIN." by Vihart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQw8xwEwNP4

Especially for musicians.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I had tastes of cherry, blueberry and apple. Does that count as three fruits for the day?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

We’re rounding up and doing Pi day on 3.15

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Pazooka wrote: March 15th, 2022, 6:33 pm We’re rounding up and doing Pi day on 3.15
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/foru ... 082811/pg1
27 minutes ago
UTC time: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 14:36 PM
Your time: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 10:36 AM EDT
Magnitude Type: mww
USGS page: M 7.3 - 57 km ENE of Namie, Japan
USGS status: Reviewed by a seismologist
26 minutes after:

Mormon temple quake timing pattern spells out C H R I S T at march8miracle.org

Was posted at 10:10 am on John 3:16 day, because the two timing patterns at march8miracle.org are separated by a time interval of 10 years and 10 days. That and 10:00 am is the default post time, so going with 10:10 made it a later post, that will appear sooner provided the viewer arrives after 10:10 am

i.e. The last shall be first, and the first shall be last. In effect me 10:10 post aced out the other 3:16 day posts that gave no thought, and just went with the default. I could of bumped it up to as early as the 14th, but kept with 3/16, and now see the timing reminiscent of search.php?keywords=ASHH

See screenshot in main forum Fukushima 🧵 :lol:

Also see: search.php?keywords=57ii

3*8**