Need a place to live

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
farfromhome
captain of 100

Re: Need a place to live

Post by farfromhome »

Hmmm...
Joe G
I have been told to trust him and I do. What really surprised me was that the Lord told me 2 weeks ago that I am not to sell my existing house but rather he wants me to give it away to a single mother with three kids. I told my wife that and she was on board. A week later she was very confident she found the mother and three kids.

I asked the Lord why he is asking this of us and the response was, if you think you'll ever have a heart worthy of Zion then you can't worry about equity in your house, be dependent on a Babylonian stock market for 401ks, or stress over salaries. You can't have one foot in Zion and one foot in money driven Babylon.
I'm facing a similar thought... give away a house I own to a single mom and two kids.
However, she will need some resources to live in it - utilities, taxes, etc.

Is that your plan also Joe? hand it over and then she pays her own utilities and taxes and maintenance?

I mean, one gives this mother a fish - albeit a big fish (a house). But does she know HOW to fish? to pay utilities etc.? I'm thinking in some instances, yes - she can handle the latter give a helping hand to get her going.
Last edited by farfromhome on October 31st, 2014, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

shadow wrote:There are a ton of people that claim God commanded them to do something when in reality He did not. Giving the deceived encouragement in their deception is wrong IMO.
Yes, we should know by now that only Satan gives commands anymore. God is sleeping, leaving us to be inspired by Satan only.

God has given his power unto men and it is through these men alone that we must all deal with. Otherwise, it is only Satan.

farfromhome
captain of 100

Post by farfromhome »

Thomas wrote: Yes, we should know by now that only Satan gives commands anymore. God is sleeping, leaving us to be inspired by Satan only.
The Snufferim are getting so cynical!
what you say is totally wrong, brother.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

sen6b wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shadow wrote:There are a ton of people that claim God commanded them to do something when in reality He did not. Giving the deceived encouragement in their deception is wrong IMO.
Yes, we should know by now that only Satan gives commands anymore. God is sleeping, leaving us to be inspired by Satan only.

God has given his power unto men and it is through these men alone that we must all deal with. Otherwise, it is only Satan.
You sure do have Hard time correctly interpreting people's comments. Which you then twist up in your response. You make no sense.
Oh, I see you have met Thomas...

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

I see a mother separated from her children and husband and now church. I see a child of God in need of understanding and help recovering all that was lost with the hope that recovery of a family unit is still possible with the charity of good hearts that are most wise and can see where help can be given in a manner that reunites children with their mother in righteousness and goodness. I hope there is a way for this to be accomplished near her children. ♡ :)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

sen6b wrote: I don't agree with what you are doing jezebel, nore do i think it is from God. But i wish you well in all your endeavors. :)
This is my feeling as well. Some have suggested that this is like when a beggar asks me for money, I should give it to them. Well, yes, I do give them money, but this is not the same thing. She's not asking for money, she is asking to live in a person's house and they would pay all her expenses so that she can pursue her religious calling to the world. But, since I don't share those religious beliefs, it would not be my obligation to help her promote them. However, some of you on this thread may have faith in her mission and what she's doing; you might want to consider seriously if there is something you might be able to do to help her fulfill her ministry.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Thomas wrote:

Thomas - don't let the haters get you down. your intent us perfectly clear. only SOME people are allowed to be sarcastic while posting ( some people =/= Thomas or obrien)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

sen6b wrote:Some people (Obrien & Thomas) haven't mastered sacred art that is sarcasm. ;) jbalm is catching on.
jb is just the catch of the day for you. btw, he mastered sarcasm when you were still in Jr high.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Obrien wrote:
sen6b wrote:Some people (Obrien & Thomas) haven't mastered sacred art that is sarcasm. ;) jbalm is catching on.
jb is just the catch of the day for you. btw, he mastered sarcasm when you were still in Jr high.
That is the first thing they teach you in law school.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

sen6b wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Maybe in real life But not online.
Annie, you are incorrigible! ;)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

=))

My husband once said, in an accusing tone, "You always think you are right."

I said, "Of course, it wouldn't be wise of me to say things I thought were wrong."

After a loaded pause and a sigh, he said, "You're right."

Strawberry
captain of 100

Post by Strawberry »

sen6b wrote:I don't think there is a single person on here who wishes ill will towards jezebel and doesn't wish the best for her...as well as everyone else on this board. I think she's a very nice lady. The issue is asking for help and saying she cannot do any work for it. I don't know the reason her children were taken away, and i can't imagine how horrible it would be to lose my kids, but in Utah i don't often hear of children being taken away from their mother and given to the father without good reason. Having said that i hope whatever the reason is, is resolved and they can all be reunited someday. Children need their mothers and mothers need their children. I don't agree with what you are doing jezebel, nore do i think it is from God. But i wish you well in all your endeavors. :)
Not to take over this thread and make it one about CPS - I know you are newer to the forum. You can search "CPS" and learn a lot about it because there are a few of us on this forum who have first hand experience with the agency. CPS has good reason to take children - and it's not what we are told by them, just ask Senator Nancy Schaefer - http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?SEC=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;{5433EE7C-6775-4D17-A2A1-CE4686AE1697} or more recently Carlos Morales who went to work for CPS because he wanted to help families, he learned the opposite was true - http://www.truthovercomfort.net/the-truth-about-cps/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, had to share; not that I understand what Jezebel is doing. I know she has a pure heart and desires to follow God and serve Him.

Strawberry **==

Strawberry
captain of 100

Post by Strawberry »

Jezebel, what is the update on your situation. Thinking of you and your friend, praying things worked out for you both.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I have been given a deadline of Thanksgiving to move out. My friend can stay until she finds a new place to stay. The difference is because she is looking for a job.

Cantstopthisfeeling
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Cantstopthisfeeling »

Joe Gardner wrote: October 31st, 2014, 1:25 pm I believe Meili has been commanded by the Lord to do this and I also think she's right. I don't have the faith she has but the Lord is teaching me similar lessons. I sell apartment buildings for a living but over the past 3 years the Lord has slowly showed me that I can and need to depend entirely on him for my living. What I mean by that is he has taught me to stop cold calling apartment owners even though all of my competitors do and to instead rely on him to reveal to me which apartment owner will sell and buy. In the mean time he has me working on projects for him, the primary one is writing a book. I have turned my entire business over to the Lord and I wait for him to guide me. It's been an incredible tool to learn how to talk to him, trust him, and slowly become less dependent on our Babylonian economy.

Meili is brave to do this. I'm sure the Lord is testing her courage and faith in him by simply seeing if she would post this request in a very public way knowing she would be doubted and ridiculed in some cases.

All of us, at some point, will have to become entirely independent of the world wide economy that is driven by money. That will not happen overnight for any of us. It's a skill learned by faith.

In defense of Meili, I will share something the Lord has told me and my wife to do. We were told to buy a building lot where we will build a new house. I have no money to build the house and I have been told we are to build it for cash, meaning no construction loan. I don't have any money from my business coming in but I have been told to start building and the money will come. I have been told to trust him and I do. What really surprised me was that the Lord told me 2 weeks ago that I am not to sell my existing house but rather he wants me to give it away to a single mother with three kids. I told my wife that and she was on board. A week later she was very confident she found the mother and three kids.

I asked the Lord why he is asking this of us and the response was, if you think you'll ever have a heart worthy of Zion then you can't worry about equity in your house, be dependent on a Babylonian stock market for 401ks, or stress over salaries. You can't have one foot in Zion and one foot in money driven Babylon.

The only reason I share this is to illustrate that I do not think Meili is crazy for trying to remove herself from a money driven world. I think she's setting the example we'll all have to follow at some point.

I would challenge anyone who has read Meili's post to ask the Lord if she is right to make this request, if the answer is yes, then ask the Lord if you are the one to help her find housing. My first reaction when I read her post was emotional, and like many of you, I thought she was wrong to ask for this kind of help but after letting the Spirit melt my emotions away the Lord was able to teach me that he did ask her to do this and that I am not the one to help her find housing.
I'm Joe and Jules, this is about to happen.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Joe Gardner and Jules? and Cantstopthisfeeling ?
Cantstopthisfeeling wrote: March 14th, 2017, 1:53 am I'm Joe and Jules, this is about to happen.