Go Sign Up (it doesn't hurt)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Reggie
captain of 100

Re: Go Sign Up (it doesn't hurt)

Post by Reggie »

I noticed Thomas S. Monson is on there, along with Brigham Young. Looks like this might have been started by Ron Madsen in July of 2012. since he's the 1st signer. Like every thing else, I'm going to ponder and pray about it before I jump in. Looks like it's not going anywhere fast though. Might need a publicity manager.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

iWriteStuff wrote:question: how will knowing/not knowing affect your testimonies?
Awesome post...

I bet JUDAS ISCARIOT would love to sign this petition... he got pretty PISSED OFF at Jesus for wasting money... I bet Satan could do a better job managing the church's money too... his intentions were on helping other people right...he seems to be pretty SELF RIGHTEOUS!

Personally, I'm worried about my own soul and less about the SOULS of the leaders of the church... all I need to know is that they truly are called of God... I'll let my Heavenly Father worry about removing them out of their places if they are really chosen servants and they are making really bad choices... he called them, he gets to remove them, not me, I don't have that authority to remove God's chosen... My job is to seek out for the truth and follow after it, not make up my own truths.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Reggie wrote:I noticed Thomas S. Monson is on there, along with Brigham Young. Looks like this might have been started by Ron Madsen in July of 2012. since he's the 1st signer. Like every thing else, I'm going to ponder and pray about it before I jump in. Looks like it's not going anywhere fast though. Might need a publicity manager.
Reggie - I saw it earlier, read it, thought about it, signed it and wrote the OP. it's not my project, it just struck me as a way to voice my desire to the brethren, since they don't accept letters from peons anymore.

we will be judged based on our thoughts, words and deeds. the petition aligned with my thoughts, so I did the deed of signing then spread the word. I'm on record, and happily so.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

iWriteStuff wrote:question: how will knowing/not knowing affect your testimonies?
Since my testimony is in the Savior and God only, it won't affect my testimony a bit! Now if you want to ask how secrecy and half-truths and some of the things I've seen first hand affects my trust in the corporation, well that's a different story.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:
Awesome post...

I bet JUDAS ISCARIOT would love to sign this petition... he got pretty PISSED OFF at Jesus for wasting money... I bet Satan could do a better job managing the church's money too... his intentions were on helping other people right...he seems to be pretty SELF RIGHTEOUS!

Personally, I'm worried about my own soul and less about the SOULS of the leaders of the church... all I need to know is that they truly are called of God... I'll let my Heavenly Father worry about removing them out of their places if they are really chosen servants and they are making really bad choices... he called them, he gets to remove them, not me, I don't have that authority to remove God's chosen... My job is to seek out for the truth and follow after it, not make up my own truths.
It appears that you have chosen a truly appropriate avatar. ;)

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

From the website link:

"As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints it is our desire to faithfully fulfill our obligation to our church by at least annually giving our “voice and Common Consent” as to the allocation of the funds that have been and are currently being donated by us to our Church."

Sorry, but it isn't YOUR church. The sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be.

Facing East
captain of 50

Post by Facing East »

Last edited by Facing East on November 4th, 2016, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

wompus wrote:
Awesome post...

You forgot Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Putin, and Pol Pot.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Jules wrote:
Since my testimony is in the Savior and God only, it won't affect my testimony a bit! Now if you want to ask how secrecy and half-truths and some of the things I've seen first hand affects my trust in the corporation, well that's a different story.
I'm glad that won't shake your testimony... it appears from your words you do not believe that the church has true prophets of God... that is sad...

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Reggie wrote:... Looks like it's not going anywhere fast though. Might need a publicity manager.
I vote for Obrien. :D

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

laronius wrote:From the website link:

"As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints it is our desire to faithfully fulfill our obligation to our church by at least annually giving our “voice and Common Consent” as to the allocation of the funds that have been and are currently being donated by us to our Church."

Sorry, but it isn't YOUR church. The sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be.
That could be a thread all on its own.

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

jbalm wrote:
laronius wrote:From the website link:

That could be a thread all on its own.
Yeah, but you can title the thread anything you want but the content will still be the same as the rest.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

Obrien wrote:
DPeterson wrote:Done.
you are the 1776th signer of the petition. quite an auspicious honor.
I noticed that too! Love it! :P

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Jules wrote:
wompus wrote:
Awesome post...

I know... I do a lot of talking and you seem to plug your ears, trying to ignore me... Thats okay... :-$

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Signed. I can't understand how anyone would think some transparency is bad.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

I think Jules is a new, or old, moderator... My posts get deleted a lot...

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Rensai wrote:Signed. I can't understand how anyone would think some transparency is bad.
Wondering the same thing, let's sign a petition for our Heavenly Father to remove the veil and reveal everything to us... I mean why is he so secretive, how couldn't transparency in everything be bad....

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:
Jules wrote:
I'm glad that won't shake your testimony... it appears from your words you do not believe that the church has true prophets of God... that is sad...
No need to put words in my mouth here; as I said, my testimony is in the Savior and God. Period. Don't misread that to say something it does not.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

wompus wrote:
Rensai wrote:Signed. I can't understand how anyone would think some transparency is bad.
Wondering the same thing, let's sign a petition for our Heavenly Father to remove the veil and reveal everything to us... I mean why is he so secretive, how couldn't transparency in everything be bad....
ok, now I know your the master comedian. your posts are getting hilariouser and hilariouser.

sorry I wasn't clear enough earlier. you only need 1 " dot" at the end of a sentence. it looks like the appropriate use of the question mark has been figured out.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:
Jules wrote:
wompus wrote: Awesome post...

I know... I do a lot of talking and you seem to plug your ears, trying to ignore me... Thats okay... :-$
Hmmm, no I was speaking more about the " %-( X_X " I see on your end - when your paradigms and traditions are being challenged ;)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:I think Jules is a new, or old, moderator... My posts get deleted a lot...
Only when they break the rules :D . Talk to Brian and the others though, I'm not the only mod on this board.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Jules wrote:It appears that you have chosen a truly appropriate avatar. ;)

I know... I do a lot of talking and you seem to plug your ears, trying to ignore me... Thats okay... :-$[/quote]
Hmmm, no I was speaking more about the " %-( X_X " I see on your end - when your paradigms and traditions are being challenged ;)[/quote]

You never answered my question about your testimony... if you believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is run by men called of God and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God?!

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Jules wrote:
wompus wrote:I think Jules is a new, or old, moderator... My posts get deleted a lot...
Only when they break the rules :D . Talk to Brian and the others though, I'm not the only mod on this board.
Crap........

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:
Jules wrote:
wompus wrote:
Hmmm, no I was speaking more about the " %-( X_X " I see on your end - when your paradigms and traditions are being challenged ;)
You never answered my question about your testimony... if you believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is run by men called of God and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God?!
I don't recall you asking me a question about that - I recall you making an accusation out of thin air after I stated that my testimony is of God and the Savior.

Jake
Videre faciem Dei

Post by Jake »

DPeterson wrote:
Obrien wrote:
DPeterson wrote:Done.
you are the 1776th signer of the petition. quite an auspicious honor.
I noticed that too! Love it! :P
Check out #1766.