Poll: The moderation on LDSFF is:

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Poll: The moderation on LDSFF is:

Fair and balanced
45%
Pretty good
5%
Everything is awesome
50%

Total votes: 38
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Poll: The moderation on LDSFF is:

Post by shadow »

LucianAMD wrote: I guess that is what you get though when you hack the site and ban the moderator. :p
=))

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Love, love, LOVE the new poll options!!! :)) =)) :ymparty: :) :))

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

LucianAMD wrote:Jules is pretty freaking amazing. How awesome is it that we have her helping Brian out - and doing it on her own time? She is just oozing with awesomeness! Man, I should just be banned from this forum for my lack of awesomeness! I think I'll ask Jules.... :p
Awe Lucian! No problem! I'll make sure you're banned by the end of the day ;) .

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

I think all the mods are either fair minded and or lovely.
There are wanna be mods that need to be spanked forthwith.

Anyone that occasionally complains about mods on a free website is an occasional mooch.

Njb

LucianAMD
ex-Puppet Master

Post by LucianAMD »

Jules wrote:
LucianAMD wrote:Jules is pretty freaking amazing. How awesome is it that we have her helping Brian out - and doing it on her own time? She is just oozing with awesomeness! Man, I should just be banned from this forum for my lack of awesomeness! I think I'll ask Jules.... :p
Awe Lucian! No problem! I'll make sure you're banned by the end of the day ;) .

Not if I ban you first.... But all in all, I think Jules does a great job and I am thankful for her willingness to do it. I've lurked for over a year on this forum, and i would say that the moderation is pretty fair. I have never noticed it leaning one way or the another. And yes, these are my own words.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Original_Intent wrote:
ithink wrote:
Gad wrote:Is this poll intended to make peace or stir up controversy?
Exactly.

A equally [fair, ridiculous, asinine] question would be: How is the moderation on LDS Church owned website forums?
Not really. The bias would be expected and obvious. Wheras the bias (if there is one) on a site named LDS Freedom Forum might be surprising. I'm just curious how the proletariate feels.
My point is that I find it ironic that the LDS, most true and free of all (supposedly), must be so carefully monitored in what they (or anyone else) might say. And we're not just talking gross or heinous postings.

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

ithink wrote:My point is that I find it ironic that the LDS, most true and free of all (supposedly), must be so carefully monitored in what they (or anyone else) might say. And we're not just talking gross or heinous postings.
There is an interesting parallel between the Church whose leadership believes they have an open line with God and a forum where the leadership believes they either have or shortly will meet face to face with Jesus. In both cases they're fairly aggressive with censoring those that cross over the line (and the faithful of both groups see the leaders and themselves as being quite lax and permissive, only taking action where absolutely necessary).

I see a bit of irony in that as well, in theory we believe we have the truth cornered and the Spirit as our guide and yet still act to censor dissent we don't like.

I'm not arguing it isn't legitimate. Members of the Church have all signed on to the program at some point, just as the members of this forum agreed to the rules when we joined. It is certainly something to think about.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Hyrcanus wrote:
ithink wrote:My point is that I find it ironic that the LDS, most true and free of all (supposedly), must be so carefully monitored in what they (or anyone else) might say. And we're not just talking gross or heinous postings.
There is an interesting parallel between the Church whose leadership believes they have an open line with God and a forum where the leadership believes they either have or shortly will meet face to face with Jesus. In both cases they're fairly aggressive with censoring those that cross over the line (and the faithful of both groups see the leaders and themselves as being quite lax and permissive, only taking action where absolutely necessary).

I see a bit of irony in that as well, in theory we believe we have the truth cornered and the Spirit as our guide and yet still act to censor dissent we don't like.

I'm not arguing it isn't legitimate. Members of the Church have all signed on to the program at some point, just as the members of this forum agreed to the rules when we joined. It is certainly something to think about.
Yes, and I think we have a great deal of liberty here on this forum. Many think the mods are way too lax, but I think they are allowing civil, intelligent, thoughtful discussion on many difficult topics for many LDS to understand -- something that would never be allowed on any LDS site, yet ironically, that is just what I believe they need to do. Their failure to allow that to happen is speaking volumes at a volume louder than any of their advertising campaigns. But now the 70 has let it slip as to how they view and how they will paint this: not as a wake up call to clean up their act, but as an attack by the wolves, to tear apart the sheep.

Certain kinds of personalities, the vast minority, are what make societies, groups, and cultures tick. Their agitation of the waters keep things clean. No healthy group can do without them. No group or society should ever think of casting anyone out because they see things, in effect, as they really are -- meaning to express how they see it is nothing but how it is to that person. If the Church (or this forum) is so weak that it cannot tolerate open discussion of certain issues, it's current policies vs. it's own history (the real one), if it's own 70's can't even answer basic questions as we saw with Brent's Xcom transcript, constantly falling back on kitch and cliche, contradicting themselves from moment to moment and so on, then the "faithful" LDS are in for a rough ride ahead.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Why have all the "if you don't like it, then leave" types abandoned their favorite mantra in this thread?

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

jbalm wrote:Why have all the "if you don't like it, then leave" types abandoned their favorite mantra in this thread?

Don't you worry we are waiting for the true owner to be raised up and reclaim this website to restore it to what it once was. I thought it might be shadow since he was x'd and all but he re-entered the fold so now I am unsure who it will be. :-$ please keep this on the down low I don't want to be cast out. ;)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Hyrcanus wrote:

Same thoughts have crossed my mind. A lot of tolerance is shown as long as you bow your head and say yes when required. Question, warn, or disagree in either environment and you are headed for a disciplinary council or banning.

Hypocrisy is never very self-aware.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Lizzy60 wrote:Love, love, LOVE the new poll options!!! :)) =)) :ymparty: :) :))
I wondered why there were only happy, glowy options.

This thread is so weird. It reads like a herd of sycophants.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

A Random Phrase wrote:It reads like a herd of sycophants.
for the average LDS member, could it ever be any other way? lol

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

ithink wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:It reads like a herd of sycophants.
for the average LDS member, could it ever be any other way? lol
:)) :p