Would you rather . . .

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
whatever
captain of 50

Would you rather . . .

Post by whatever »

Last edited by whatever on October 30th, 2017, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Re: Would you rather . . .

Post by BringerOfJoy »

whatever wrote:Would you rather

Be excommunicated for writing a book about history?

or . . .

Be a stake president sued for securities fraud?
Why, whatever do you mean, Whatever?

Or could it be THIS? ;)
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655 ... -Skin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the tipoff. Not living in the Mormon corridor; I hadn't heard about it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Oh...Truman Hunt!

Eeks!

Rick Grimes
captain of 100

Post by Rick Grimes »

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: It doesn't mean a hill of beans if somebody is a member of the church. There are plenty of crumb bum mormon's (In name only) that are involved in all kinds of bad business.

Don't ever let your guard down, even if the person is supposedly a member.

Frederick
captain of 100

Post by Frederick »

Rick Grimes wrote:I've said it once, and I'll say it again: It doesn't mean a hill of beans if somebody is a member of the church. There are plenty of crumb bum mormon's (In name only) that are involved in all kinds of bad business.

Don't ever let your guard down, even if the person is supposedly a member.
Yep, and how interesting that this is the guy who excommunicated Denver Snuffer. I wonder how inspired he is, if he's a crumb bum as you call it.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but the irony is too much!

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I don't suppose Pres. Hunt is going to ask Denver to represent him????

;) ;) ;) ;)

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Oh y this thread is hilarious!

From the article.
Besides the company, the lawsuit specially names Nu Skin President and CEO Truman Hunt and Chief Financial Officer Ritch Wood as defendants "liable for the false statements and omissions.”
Now I wonder if these allegations are true.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

If he is found guilty, the implications here are ENORMOUS...... WOW!

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-
Last edited by Lance on June 23rd, 2015, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

It's ironic to say the least now isn't it ?
It will be interesting to watch head quarters reaction....if he is shunned or defended or made a martyr if found guilty.

Njb

Frederick
captain of 100

Post by Frederick »

I don't think there's a chance in hell that he'll ever go anywhere in the church now. They want squeaky clean leaders. Like missionaries who have never had any transgressions.

I think one can safely say that Truman Hunt has seen his highest position of leadership. He just hit the top rung of his ladder in the church.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:It's ironic to say the least now isn't it ?
It will be interesting to watch head quarters reaction....if he is shunned or defended or made a martyr if found guilty.

Njb
I believe that "headquarters" is going to be very very silent on this matter. It's a lose-lose proposition for them.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Here's even a wilder take: what if Denver knew of this guys future the night he was rail roading him ?

Njb

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Maybe the stake president is not personally guilty of any wrongdoing.

Or maybe he is.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-
Last edited by Lance on June 23rd, 2015, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

They're worried..about the Danites.

.;)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Has anybody been proven guilty of a crime yet ?

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

Hold on everyone. The brethren would never call a stake president who was dishonest. That would mean they weren't inspired. And that is obviously not true! :ymdevil: ;)

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

Jules wrote:If he is found guilty, the implications here are ENORMOUS...... WOW!
How so?

Couldn't this just be irony? Bishops and stake presidents are just men! I think in the Mormon-culture we like to engage in priesthood-worship. We start believing that bishops, stake presidents, and higher, are called by inspiration because of their righteousness. Even in manuals of the Church it states that men are called because they were in the right place at the right time.

I'm no fan of Brother Snuffer. Frankly, I know nothing about him, his books, or his history with the Church. What I do know is men who hold leadership positions in the Church are going to have agendas and will engage in church-politics.

Watcher
captain of 50

Post by Watcher »

Oh, come on guys. Nuskin is a HUGE multilvel marketing company, like Melaleuca, or Nikken, etc... These guys get sued all the time by disgruntled people.

It means absolutely nothing, in and of itself. It doesn't mean that he is guilty of fraud, just that somebody is casting in a hook.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

lundbaek wrote:Has anybody been proven guilty of a crime yet ?
Not in THIS country, anyway. And he COULD be innocent of any wrong doing out there in the business world. But then, so could the man who was ex-communicated at his hand back in September. In fact, I am quite convinced that he was innocent of the charge leveled at him: Apostasy.

I wrote this yesterday, but this is as good as any place to post it:
Sometime in the year 2007; I came across a book that has definitely had an impact upon me. I was at a place in life that felt like a profound spiritual famine. I was praying sincerely for the Lord to intervene, and help me to break loose from the plateau (if not a trench) I had been on for entirely too long.

One day, when I went online to Amazon, a book came up in my “suggested” list because of some previous purchase I had made. The author’s name was not only very unfamiliar to me; but a most peculiar name: Denver C. Snuffer, Jr. “Who the heck,” I wondered, “is THIS guy?” I read the description of the book. I could not escape the feeling that THIS was the book I needed to read. THIS was the answer to my prayers. The book was dense; and it was far from an easy read. I got partly through it; then, as life got busier, I put it on the shelf for a couple of years. Later, I pulled it down again, and began to read where I had left off. It was then that I realized that I had missed the most important part of that book: the testimony Brother Snuffer had; the testimony which he encouraged all to seek: The Second Comforter.

This book brought me HOPE like nothing I had experienced in quite a while: Hope that I too could experience spiritual gifts, the greatest of which is Eternal Life. I have given a couple of copies of this book away. I don’t know if the persons that I gave them to ever did much with them, but if not; I would consider that to be THEIR loss. It is very sad that now if I give someone a copy of this book; out of fairness, I have to first explain to them that the author of this book has been excommunicated from the church that we have both loved. It is most troubling to me that a book that could be of so much help to others; they might not even now consider.

In the intervening years since 2007; I have read almost all of Denver’s books. I have read his blog posts. I have read his talks, and in a couple of instances, I have attended them.

I can say that I really, really believe that Brother Snuffer is a man to whom the Lord has chosed to speak and to teach. I've certainly had plenty of time and pondering and prayer to come to that conclusion. In the same way that I put the Book of Mormon to the test stated by James 1:5 and Moroni 10:4 before I was baptized; I've put Denver's message to the test. I believe that he been sent forth with a message for our time. That message is primarily for us to repent; and to come unto Christ in the fullest sense of the word; for us to cease living by our own “sparks” that we kindle, and to come unto the Light of the World.

I’ve never been one to tell my church leaders, local or otherwise, how I think they ought to run things. I’ve always felt that was between them and the Lord. BUT, I believe the leadership of the LDS church made a mistake when they first pressured the local leaders to cast this man out, then when they overturned his appeal. Because this move could bring further condemnation upon the church in addition to that which was already there—as recorded in Section 84--that places me in a difficult position.

Can I sustain the men who made this decision? After months of soul searching, I have decided that I cannot. I pray for them, I hope the best for them. I’m grateful that I don’t have to carry the responsibilities that they carry. During the almost 40 years since I was baptized; I have served within the ranks of this church in many and diverse callings and assignments over those years. It is with sadness that I would have to make any decision that would endanger my membership in that church. I have had nothing but good relations with my local leaders during those years. I acknowledge and appreciate the many hours of service that have been sacrificed in behalf of me and my family by those men and women that serve at our ward and stake level.

NEVERTHELESS, after a great deal of pondering and prayer; I cannot with a clear conscience sustain the 1st Presidency, or the Twelve at this time.

To the SCMC:
My name is Marcia
My membership # is 000-0090-7863
That should be sufficient to find me if you’re so inclined.

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

BringerOfJoy wrote:NEVERTHELESS, after a great deal of pondering and prayer; I cannot with a clear conscience sustain the 1st Presidency, or the Twelve at this time.

To the SCMC:
My name is Marcia
My membership # is 000-0090-7863
That should be sufficient to find me if you’re so inclined.
This is a very bold statement. Again, having never read any of the works of Brother Snuffer, can anyone tell me if his books are opinion, factual, and does he cite any references to support his writings?

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

If you truly want to know the answers to your questions, then read them and ask the Lord directly.

AnthonyR
captain of 100

Post by AnthonyR »

Tribunal wrote:This is a very bold statement. Again, having never read any of the works of Brother Snuffer, can anyone tell me if his books are opinion, factual, and does he cite any references to support his writings?
Tribunal, this is definitely something you would need to take up with the Lord.

I have received a witness that Denver KNOWS how to receive The Second Comforter. He has done it. Every book written after His first, (The Second Comforter) will help you along the path to receiving the ordinance of The Second Comforter. Nephi's Isaiah will help you see where your own condemnation lies before the Lord and will help you change traditions of your fathers that are damning you. Passing the Heavenly Gift will do the same. Passing the Heavenly Gift is a very controversial book. After reading it all the way through, I got on my knees and asked Father what He thinks of that book, He approved of it. I felt my vibration was higher after finishing it. Ten Parables is a delight to read. Eighteen Verses is a book which will help you understand many gospel studies that we do not understand correctly in the church.

I have asked, and have received a witness that He is a prophet of God, preaching repentance. Looking Hindsight, If you knew Lehi was a prophet back in the day, would you have purchased his books, and considered his message seriously?

Anthony