Davidic servant?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Who is the future Davidic servant?

A mortal man yet to come forward
55%
Jesus Christ
22%
Joseph Smith
7%
Adam
No votes
John the Beloved
2%
Some other immortal not mentioned
9%
Nobody, there is no such person
5%

Total votes: 58
cayenne
captain of 100

Davidic servant?

Post by cayenne »

This is an interesting topic

So is this David servant real? or not?

What are the facts of his life if he is real?

I personally think he is real, I think Avraham Gileadi nailed it…..and from Avraham's books and scripture ……I learned all this….

He is hated, hidden, despised for a time, yet speaks the truth sharply and it angers people. He has the birthright, He has an amazing wife unlike most woman, He nearly dies of an illness, He has/had a Jethro figure in his life like Moses, he is from the East/North…yet for a time he sins badly, and feels no one listens to him teach the truth (I bet if he came to Avraham, he would be rejected until the time) and he suffers terribly for his brethren like a type of Christ. There is some more that I can't remember…..

By the way, I guess David Cohen claims to be David, yet we learn from scripture David is part Ephraim and part Judah….oops…i think Cohen is Levi and Ephraim…..little stuff like this is so easy to spot, and disqualifies Cohen.

So anyone claiming to be him better fit all his qualifications….and me thinks he is very disliked, which means whether he is in Israel, or America, or Siberia, or Mormon, Catholic, etc…..he is hated (know anyone like this?) or maybe he is yet to be born? etc

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Re: Davidic servant?

Post by TZONE »

I also believe its different than the one in mighty, who is Jesus Christ.

Who is this servant? I am not sure yet, but you don't want to wait till their mission is over to find out else you may be left behind.

BMC
captain of 100

Post by BMC »

Joseph Smith - History 1:40
40 In addition to these, he quoted the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, saying that it was about to be fulfilled. He quoted also the third chapter of Acts, twenty-second and twenty-third verses, precisely as they stand in our New Testament. He said that that prophet was Christ; but the day had not yet come when “they who would not hear his voice should be cut off from among the people,” but soon would come.
Christ appearance as a prophet as spoken of in Isaiah 11 and Acts 3:22-23, has not come yet. Isaiah 11 also corresponds with the mighty and strong one who shall set in order the House of God. I believe from this account from Joseph Smith that was dictated to him by an Angel, is Christ as the mighty and strong one not coming as Himself, but His appearance to us who is as a prophet who shall be rejected by His people a second time and nonetheless those shall be cut off. A future event, as recorded here that has not happened, but was soon. I guess it's due anytime.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Worth reading and relevant to topic:

http://publications.maxwellinstitute.by ... 27&index=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

The biggest thing for me was when I wrote out all the facts of this David's life. That is when I realized how real. Hated, and mortal he is. So after doing that, this is why I see him as a future moses yet to come concurring with certain scriptures and parallels. I know there has been several David claimants over the decades, but if a claimant does not fit the facts of his life then that tells me he is false before going any further.

I wish Avraham himself would have wrote out the facts on this guy. I had to go through his books and scriptures and piece meal it together. Once you put them all together the picture of this guys life is right there.

Coach, thanks for the link, I read that paper awhile back, it is a good read and shows a viewpoint on the David thing different than mine, and I always like reading and studying all sides.

It seems with the many issues in the nations and the church that something needs to be done eventually to straighten it all out.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

The only person I have seen come close to this person is Avraham Gileadi and Denver Snuffer, both I know to be true servants of the Lord. They both have differently done some serious stuff to/for the church. DS I would say is much more hated than anyone i know. Bring u his name and people speak ill of him instantly, bring up anything that ds has talked about, people mock it immediately because DS has taught it... All those things have happened to me personally. I have been ridiculed for even reading his books/going to his lectures but there are others that have much greater than I have.

I don't know who he is but one thing i do know he does have the traits for a true servant. Which servant he is, is yet to be determined. I also aware of two others I personally believe are true servants but their current mission seems to not be inalighn with anything revolving the davidic servant yet. So again, i agree with your post about there are some facts about him that are YET to be seen.

i believe before the full fruits are completely shown, it will be too late to know it was him as the destruction will occur shortly before or during those "signs".
Last edited by TZONE on December 22nd, 2013, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

You're welcome, cayenne. I'm a bit behind the curve on this matter. I've made a basic study of Isaiah all year long and am now prepared to go much deeper. I will be spending all of 2014 studying Isaiah. I believe that I finally have a solid scriptural foundation to dive in. I will be using Avraham Gileadi's and also Cleon Skousen's commentaries to help. Wish I could offer more at this point to the discussion.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

I have a testimony that Avraham is a man of God. I am sure that God gave him a special gift to inderstand Isaiah.

As for Denver, he has some great things to say as well.

When I was reading Avrahams writings, it struck me as interesting that the David fellow is hidden, and supposedly he tries and tries to teach people and no one will listen for a time. At least with Denver and Avraham some people do listen, although they have plenty of haters, but at least a few listen. The David fellow seems to have total failure for awhile if I read and understand that right.

Imagine trying to teach truth, and not only are you pretty much hated in total, but no one will listen.....that would be a hell all on its own. Then ofcourse all the other stuff he deals with......

Time will tell I suppose. I have to admit how cool that would be though to have some Moses prophet come out of nowhere and then.......makes me wonder what it was like in the church in Egypt when Moses came to the Elders, or what about in the days of Jesus in mortality when he got up one day at church and says here i am sort of things....awesome, and yet I could just imagine the anger as well by many.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

I like hwat you have gathered from Avraham. I have not spent much time with him. It is on my list but all I have done is read a few chapter commentaries and Isaiah Decoded. It will be interesting if this is true over on the other thread I saw you on. "old testament quesiton" by Elias returns.

"Avraham and Spencer are collaborating on some work that will be presented to the World and Church members in a couple of months.
"

Also do you have any sources of where you learned this part?
"When I was reading Avrahams writings, it struck me as interesting that the David fellow is hidden, and supposedly he tries and tries to teach people and no one will listen for a time."
I would love to read it :)

Sorry I don't have much more to add. I know there is that scripture of this servant being "marred".
3 Nephi 21: 10-11

"But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil. Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant."
If you want to see was DS said its here, http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/search/label/marred" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So being cut off from not hearing him over and over and over again. Is once enough? Where there be great power to show his words to all? Or will it be enough for him, the servant, to give it with almost no one hearing him and "than they are cut off" because they could have heard him if they were listening?

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

One possibility is that the servant will be Elijah. We read in Malachi:
Chapter 3: . 1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
So a messenger prepares the way for Christ's return but is the messenger the servant or is he a precursor to the servant? The servant will perform miracles and be healed in miraculous fashion.
Chapter4: 5 ¶Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
I think Elijah has to be a candidate for the servant but that means he will have to condescend, return to life as a mortal man to be marred. That is a concept some people have trouble with but I don't count that possibility out.
3 Nephi 21: 9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.

10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant

Many believe this is referring to Joseph Smith but it matches up to Isaiah's description of the end time servant. It also refers to being cut off, which Moroni told Joseph Smith was a future event. It also says the people who are of the covenant will be cut off. Those of the covenant would have already accepted Joseph Smith as a prophet.

I need more research on this subject. I tink it will be important to know who the servant is when he comes. I do not want to be cut off.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Tzone wrote: Avraham and Spencer are collaborating on some work that will be presented to the World and Church members in a couple of months
Where did you hear of this? It sounds interesting.

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Thomas wrote:
Tzone wrote: Avraham and Spencer are collaborating on some work that will be presented to the World and Church members in a couple of months
Where did you hear of this? It sounds interesting.
A forum member,

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=440565#p440565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

As I was listening to Avraham Gileadi a few weeks ago it struck me that the servant described and his mission could well be a symbol of the LDS church as a whole and not one individual person. Think on it.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Hogmeister wrote:As I was listening to Avraham Gileadi a few weeks ago it struck me that the servant described and his mission could well be a symbol of the LDS church as a whole and not one individual person. Think on it.
Highly unlikely.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Hogmeister wrote:As I was listening to Avraham Gileadi a few weeks ago it struck me that the servant described and his mission could well be a symbol of the LDS church as a whole and not one individual person. Think on it.
My personal opinion is he is a literal individual as is the latter day tyrant he will fight against.

juzme123
Hi, I'm new.

Post by juzme123 »

Cayenne,

Could you kindly provides us with the comprehensive details of the life of the Davidic servant that your research of Sir Gileadi's work has revealed to you?

Thank you very much for such a Great Blessing.

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Post by isaacs2066 »

I am not sure he will ever really claim it...perhaps hint but never hard and fast claim it.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Another possibility, is that the Davidic Servant like the King of Assyria, could be a title assumed by multiple individuals among various tribes or groups. Just a thought.

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Post by isaacs2066 »

It cannot be that difficult to find someone who fits all of those criteria.

I fit all of them.

So there must be at least a few thousand people who fit them...

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

isaacs2066 wrote:It cannot be that difficult to find someone who fits all of those criteria.

I fit all of them.

So there must be at least a few thousand people who fit them...
All of what criteria?

I too am of the school of thought that it isn't just a single individual that will be the One Mighty and Strong.
I view this more as a covenant body in union and acting as a whole rather than as a single individual acting alone.

This isn't to say there won't be significant individuals either, much like Joseph Smith Jr. was to the restoration.

It becomes far easier to meet all of the several requirements when they can span multiple individuals.
There are likely some qualities all individuals in the body must have.
And, at the same time, there are some things only single individuals must contribute for the body to have them.

For example, would they all have to have a birthday on a special day like Jesus on April 6th (spring equinox), or Joseph Smith Jr. on December 23th (winter solstice)? Will they all have to have their birthday on Tabernacles or does only one of them require such? (If at all.)

I base this on Jesus fulfilling the spring feasts and on the latter-day Christ to fulfill the fall feasts.

isaacs2066
captain of 100

Post by isaacs2066 »

Well, I mean the list the original poster listed, I geuss he lifted the list from Avraham's book.

I fit all of them.

I am not sure what if anything that means.

I do however think the one mighty and strong/davidic servant is a single person, but that he will fulfill things subtly.

I gather from studying prophecies that they are always fulfilled way differently and less loudly if you will than anyone expects.

Also I do think that many of the outcasts of Israel will have many of the qualities the servant does.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Ok, I see it in the post above. You are going off of a list that comes from Gileadi's books.
Gileadi has helped in this area of understanding but he also hinders considerably as well.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

"David" is a generic term for "King of the House of Israel," which was an office bestowed upon Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and John Taylor by the Council of the Fifty. The office will be reestablished when the Lord sees fit.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Tony wrote:"David" is a generic term for "King of the House of Israel," which was an office bestowed upon Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and John Taylor by the Council of the Fifty. The office will be reestablished when the Lord sees fit.
So the one mighty and strong, will be the President of the Church! That will irritate a few around here.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

No, rewcox, he won't be the President of the Church.

He will be as much a part of the established Church as John the Baptist was.