Temple Audio/visual Presentation

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
embryopocket
captain of 100

Re: Temple Audio/visual Presentation

Post by embryopocket »

My mom went today and said that it was amazing. I'm pretty excited to see it, ever since I was endowed in 2009 I thought, "They need to make an updated version of this."

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Interesting, we understand at Mesa that only 6 temples now, and them as each closes for cleaning they will replace the movie. It is outstanding.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Analysis paralysis?

12m extra?

Sounds good.

Those raincoats they had deity wearing were blasphemous

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Oh, how true, how true. Gastly image. The fashion police must have come out in force, because the new outfits are great looking.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Zowieink wrote:We were told, at the Mesa Temple, that the 2nd video was removed due to the fact that one of the ancillary actors came out of the closet and started promoting gay rights and telling others that he was on the temple film and that it was all a bunch of garbage and not true.
Ahhhh... That film had my favorite Satan and imagery! And it put to rest the "women are more faithful, because Eve was the first to look to the new world" theory an MTC sister had. That's sad, that's a much better film. I guess that's why Legacy got canned, too... Seems like a no-fail process to get a movie thrown out... Does it matter to me? No. Perhaps if the church is so worried, they could use computer images and then they wouldn't have to worry--they could just redo the face, voila!
If he repents, does the movie come back?

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

My wife just got the weekend off, so we will attend a session sat. at the Mesa temple. I liked the video that had been playing there. How old is it, anyone know? The saints here in Tucson are most eager for the new Tucson Temple.

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

Just finished a session in St. Louis. Very nice!! I'm anxious to go back again and again as so many thoughts came to my mind I could hardly keep up with all of them. Glad to know that it has gone out to all of the North American temples since KC is actually our assigned district.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

The old film debuted in 93. If you come in the afternoon Ill be there to officiate at the 6:30 session.

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Zowieink wrote:The old film debuted in 93. If you come in the afternoon Ill be there to officiate at the 6:30 session.
Thank you, but we are early morning birds. Wifey just came back from visiting teaching. Her partner is a temple worker up . She said not all sessions get the new presentation...alternate between old and new. We will take our chance and hope for the new.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

If I hadn't seen the new one and wanted to go I would call first......

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

Zowieink wrote:The old film debuted in 93. If you come in the afternoon Ill be there to officiate at the 6:30 session.

Zowieink - I may try to hit the 6:30 session in the mesa temple. Keep your eye out for me as I will be dressed in all white and my wife probably will too.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Are all the actors (including deity) clean shaven?

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

pollibird wrote:
Thank you, but we are early morning birds. Wifey just came back from visiting teaching. Her partner is a temple worker up . She said not all sessions get the new presentation...alternate between old and new. We will take our chance and hope for the new.
As of prayer meeting yesterday, only the 11am 3pm and 7pm sessions use the old movie. All the others use the new. FYI :D

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Sheol27 wrote:If I hadn't seen the new one and wanted to go I would call first......
That would be the way to go...but she said the temple workers don't know for sure which is playing.

iWitness
captain of 100

Post by iWitness »

It was simply beautiful. :::::)))))))

JohnZ2
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JohnZ2 »

kathedralegs wrote:
pollibird wrote:
As of prayer meeting yesterday, only the 11am 3pm and 7pm sessions use the old movie. All the others use the new. FYI :D

Hi, I just joined LDS FF after reading this discussion thread :-). So just to clarify, you're sure that the 7pm session tonight will show the old video? That is normally our ward temple night, but I'm so excited to see the new movie, We might move it up to 6:30pm!

Thanks,

John

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

As of Wed morning prayer meeting, that was the schedule. The temple has been ironing out a few little scheduling glitches etc., so it is possible that it might change for today. Maybe you could call and ask the Sister Coordinator? Just call switch board and ask to speak to the coordinator. Good luck...it is a great new video!

JohnZ2
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JohnZ2 »

Thank you! I had the same idea after I posted and called the Sister coordinator. She said that the plan is to show the new video, unless someone has foreign language needs. I'm assuming the new video doesn't have all the translations ready at the current time. I'm planning to go tonight at 7pm - looking forward to it (as long as no foreign language needs are present :) )

John

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Weren't there already two different ones? Wouldn't that mean that now there's three?

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Just got back from the Mesa Temple. Went to the 7am session, which was nearly full. The new video was shown. You can tell instantly something is different when the audio portion begins, a different voice.
It is an awesome video presentation. People including myself and my wife were moved to tears watching it. I look forward to our next visit. I like both videos, but am very pleased this new one is out.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

I was told the old videos are history... gone. We will only have the new one now... at least in North America.

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

When my wife and I went to the temple last week, we were told that there would be no language services provided. I believe that all English sessions are now showing the new video, but other language sessions are still using the older video.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

I didn't realize there were so many people on this forum that live in Southern AZ. Pollibird, we are in the Tucson area too. We had been up in Utah for a few weeks and went to the temple there. We missed the new movie by about a week and I am not sure when we'll make it to Mesa or Gila Valley for another session. It's hard to figure out babysitting when you have a 2 hour drive each way.

I wasn't thrilled to hear it was 12 minutes longer. I already have the hardest time not sleeping. However, it sounds like it is pretty amazing, so I am getting anxious for a chance to see it.

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

Hi chickafoom

kathedralegs wrote
"As of prayer meeting yesterday, only the 11am 3pm and 7pm sessions use the old movie. All the others use the new. FYI "

Those times were confirmed by a temple worker that goes to our ward. He said last Sunday that the old film is run 3 timed a day so that the schedule can "catch up" because sessions are still starting on the top and bottom of the hour. He also said the speech is a little slower and some noticable pauses so that foreign languages can be dubbed in easier.
We're in the Tucson East Stake.

BKColt
captain of 100

Post by BKColt »

Random notes:

Many temples, including Denver, are reissuing new session schedules to accomodate the longer sessions.

The longer session doesn't seem longer, at first blush, because you are engaged in the presentation.

Deseret News had an article on this with the Church spokesman/person/woman talking about it.

If there are four ordinance rooms in a temple, you can do sessions every half-hour for 4 straight sessions, then have to catch up by waiting an hour to begin the next one.

A patron hoping to do back-to-back sessions every 2 hours in a 4-room temple cannot now plan to do that.

The one previously used film is still used whenever there are foreign language requirements, as the new film isn't yet supporting multiple languages.

I highly recommend going to the temple, there are new nuances to familiar stories.

The film is beautiful. No one slept. All patrons were fully engaged during the video presentation portion. It is emotional, and if you are prone to tears, bring a tissue for the two or three short emotional moments. (You'll know them when you feel them.)