Temple Audio/visual Presentation

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Zowieink
captain of 100

Temple Audio/visual Presentation

Post by Zowieink »

Just for every ones benefit, I thought you all might like to know that the Mesa Temple will be premiering the newest, hottest, blockbuster audio/visual presentation on Tuesday, July 30. It will be 12 min longer but no new stuff will be added. Just so the other languages have more time so they are not rushed. Those that have seen it say the photography and music are outstanding.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Re: Temple Audio/visual Presentation

Post by iamse7en »

The new Temple video is even longer? Room for penalties to re-surface? Only kidding. Excited to see it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I've listened to it in many languages, and saw no need for 12 extra minutes in any of them...

Did they cut out the long pauses in a few places, or will my favorite sleeping parts still be in there?

sarahmj
captain of 100

Post by sarahmj »

I'm looking forward to seeing it too!

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

JohnnyL wrote:I've listened to it in many languages, and saw no need for 12 extra minutes in any of them...

Did they cut out the long pauses in a few places, or will my favorite sleeping parts still be in there?
Some Bantu based African languages such as Zulu really struggle to get all the wording into the time allotted.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

I'm surprised the rumors haven't came out to as why we will have a new temple film showing and why they aren't showing the current newest film anymore....

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Mesa's temple president said at our last preparation meeting, that he was told that 4 or 5 more are being filmed.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

Are they phasing the other two out then? I've noticed I've only seen one of the two films for the past year, and that's been attending on an almost weekly basis.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

My dad got a sneek peek tonight at the temple. The extra 12 minutes are from slower speaking. The script did not change from the last 2. This new one is to be played exclusively from Tuesday on unless another language is needed in which case one of the other 2 will be used until the translations are done for the new one.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Gotta love the live presentation....seems much quicker. Until a year ago I had never seen a live one.

A side note...I recently found out that my mom was asked to be Eve in one of the original two films, but she had to turn it down because it would have taken her away from me (being born or being a newborn...I forgot the specifics).

sarahmj
captain of 100

Post by sarahmj »

I noticed one of the videos was phased out in the Brisbane temple about 18 months ago, we were told by the temple president that they were told to stop playing it and not to speculate as to why.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

We were told, at the Mesa Temple, that the 2nd video was removed due to the fact that one of the ancillary actors came out of the closet and started promoting gay rights and telling others that he was on the temple film and that it was all a bunch of garbage and not true.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

they should bring back the lecture at the veil or make it part of the video in the beginning.. you know the lecture that was taken out years ago..

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

They should do some animated virtual ones as well...even some 3D ones would be cool... variety is the spice for life!

sarahmj
captain of 100

Post by sarahmj »

Zowieink wrote:We were told, at the Mesa Temple, that the 2nd video was removed due to the fact that one of the ancillary actors came out of the closet and started promoting gay rights and telling others that he was on the temple film and that it was all a bunch of garbage and not true.
Was it the guy who played Satan by any chance?

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

sarahmj wrote:
Zowieink wrote:We were told, at the Mesa Temple, that the 2nd video was removed due to the fact that one of the ancillary actors came out of the closet and started promoting gay rights and telling others that he was on the temple film and that it was all a bunch of garbage and not true.
No, it was John, I believe. They tried to CGI his face and that video ran for a bit, but it really looked odd. Eventually, they just removed the whole thing.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

So, am I understanding this right? The actors will just be talking much slower to make up for 12 whole minutes? Or there will be greater lengths of silence between speaking parts? 12 minutes is a lot of time to fill in this way, IMO. Hmm....

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

sarahmj wrote:
=)) =)) Was that meant to be funny?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

If the creation is anything like this, I'm all in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6j63ImEKyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

ajax wrote:If the creation is anything like this, I'm all in....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6j63ImEKyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Visually more so like that than previously. Musically...not so much ;)

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

ajax wrote:If the creation is anything like this, I'm all in....

Good golly, it's been a long time since I've listened to Metallica...although I was more of a Megadeth fan myself. :)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Awesome video.. LOVE ORION!

I also love Muse and their Exo Genesis 3 part symphony...

my recommendation..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QzovLe2JM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this is just part one)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

sandman45 wrote:Awesome video.. LOVE ORION!

I also love Muse and their Exo Genesis 3 part symphony...

my recommendation..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QzovLe2JM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this is just part one)
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svu5lu_-6jQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXcV6dOMUZs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

sandman45 wrote:they should bring back the lecture at the veil or make it part of the video in the beginning.. you know the lecture that was taken out years ago..
I could use some of this. Really get people to think again. =))

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Well, had the opportunity of seeing the new presentation last night. It is awesome. No more plastic people with no emotion. It is very well acted. The creation series uses some of the Hubble Telescope pictures, the earth creation is much more realistic and in line with science, and there are very subtle changes in the dialogue. Adam and Eve are very well acted. They actually show emotion. It has always bothered me that Adam and Eve never showed surprise when Satan shows up, well, they do now. Like an ugly piece of litter in a beautiful garden. Adam and Eve also show great emotion when deciding to partake of the forbidden fruit (this is where some of the time addition takes place). Before, it was Oh, Yah, I guess I need to partake of the fruit. In the new film, you can see Eve thinking about the ramifications, and she actually cries when she says yes. Adam also shows great emotion in deciding to follow Eve and partake of the fruit. The dialogue uses phraseology and modulation to great effect, not just reading a script.

Satan is by far the best and most realistic depiction I've seen in any of the films.

Wonderful feeling as you journey with Adam and Eve through the decision making process. Voices are different, scenery is way different.

Much more spiritually oriented.