Temple Audio/visual Presentation

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Temple Audio/visual Presentation

Post by JohnnyL »

I really dislike the two new movies, especially the emotions, though the clothing is pretty cool (Yul Brynner, anyone?). However, understanding the extra twelve needed minutes helps.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

JohnnyL wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:03 am I really dislike the two new movies, especially the emotions, though the clothing is pretty cool (Yul Brynner, anyone?). However, understanding the extra twelve needed minutes helps.
The Yul Brynner ol' scratch character makes me chuckle every time I see and hear him. He brings me back to fond reminiscing of Kip in Napoleon Dynamite. He is a distraction! :)) The 2nd new movie's Satan character was the best portrayal of that slimy slickster for me.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I've been to 9 different Temples. My favorites are Salt Lake and Manti as they still use the live session, which is so much more meaningful to me.
I'm not a "movie" fan. In fact I never go to see any "movies". So when these film titles are mentioned I have no idea what it was. In most cases when I'm told, I'm not interested.
The celluloid world just doesn't do much of anything for me, or the new digital, either.
I like real people, real human beings. To an extent. No matter what age they are, as I suppose I'm a bit "up in years" myself.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

JohnnyL wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:03 am I really dislike the two new movies, especially the emotions, though the clothing is pretty cool (Yul Brynner, anyone?). However, understanding the extra twelve needed minutes helps.
I'm surprised to hear this as you are the only person I have come across who doesn't like the new movies, particularly the emotion. The emotions conveyed by the actors and actresses teach a lot about the humanity of the characters and is probably a much more accurate representation of what really happened.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Zowieink wrote: July 25th, 2013, 6:59 pm Just for every ones benefit, I thought you all might like to know that the Mesa Temple will be premiering the newest, hottest, blockbuster audio/visual presentation on Tuesday, July 30. It will be 12 min longer but no new stuff will be added. Just so the other languages have more time so they are not rushed. Those that have seen it say the photography and music are outstanding.
To bad the content isn't.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Darren wrote: August 26th, 2013, 8:10 am I went to the KC Temple last week and they had the new movie. I personally think I had a better experience in the SL Temple in the early 80s, with no movie, just the narrative and a semblance of acting. I prefer to use my imagination for the qualitative details of the narrative journey.

The new movie uses interpretative theatrics which tend to make the storyline more important than the purpose of the endowment, in my opinion. But I also understand that the younger generation is more attentive when these elements are used.

Its a new movie for a new generation.

The storyline is to bring you to the commitment, that is the purpose of the endowment.

I would disagree... it is to Endow those worthy of such with knowledge!

When Noah and Shem got off the boat, most of their posterity fanned out and some of the enterprising and aspiring setup Babel as the intellectual center for the materially minded people of the world, a trade center to the world. Noah and Shem instead (primarily for safety reasons) moved to Salem and there built a temple to their God, wherein the children of God could come and contract with God by the "Sale(m)"(and the origin of that word), and by so selling themselves to God would buy for themselves eternal life. Nothing has changed in the purpose of every version of the Temple Endowment from Noah's day until today - we sell our will, by contract, for eternal life.

God Bless,
Darren

I do not see making covenants with G_d as selling or buying, doing any kind of commerce in a Temple, which by its very nature would defile the place. A Covenant is an outward act, if one chooses to make such a commitment unto G_d, wherein one promises to preform a deed or deeds for a future blessing or blessings, whether here in this world or in worlds to come!

Maybe you just like the play on words, but lessening the true nature of valiant deeds lessens the lesson! We should Awake and Arise and be sober before the Lord (Adonai).

Shalom
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on April 21st, 2017, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: April 20th, 2017, 8:26 pm
Zowieink wrote: July 25th, 2013, 6:59 pm Just for every ones benefit, I thought you all might like to know that the Mesa Temple will be premiering the newest, hottest, blockbuster audio/visual presentation on Tuesday, July 30. It will be 12 min longer but no new stuff will be added. Just so the other languages have more time so they are not rushed. Those that have seen it say the photography and music are outstanding.
Once upon a time I didn't think the content was outstanding. But as I repeatedly visited the temple and came to know the content much better I came to discover it is outstanding.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

brianj wrote: April 20th, 2017, 10:00 pm
Kingdom of ZION wrote: April 20th, 2017, 8:26 pm
Once upon a time I didn't think the content was outstanding. But as I repeatedly visited the temple and came to know the content much better I came to discover it is outstanding.
The Temple Allegory is the greatest revelation to man, that Joseph Smith ever received! I mourn for the loss of many things, in a day when people claim that they have 15 Prophet, Seers, and Revelators, a claim that the founders of Mormonism would have known better and never would had done! For they knew what such things were and the signs that would needfully follow such men. :-s

Are the people who enter the Temples being feed more light or is the removal of even that light which they once hath being removed? I prettier pictures and music, are they an adequate replacement for essential allegorical pieces removed that thereby obscure the allegory until only the very most Elect can detect its hinted at meanings? Is this how the Lord desire to remove knowledge from those whom have shown a lack of worthiness? Is this how a people who reject other sacred things, have those more precious understandings taken from them?

If we actually had over a dozen real Prophets, and I have never seen a time in all the historical record and canonized scriptures where one people were sent that many prophets all at once, those people must need have so many because of their greatest historical stiff neckedness, their vastly most grossest wickedness, or they posses the greatest self disillusionment of any people who have ever lived and walked the earth! Maybe a key here is IF they are not trying to kill these Prophets and they agree with everything they say, they most likely are not true Prophets.

I mourn for the changing of the perfect Garment Pattern wherewith the Messiah Yoke was removed, the pattern of how we are to adequately cover ones nakedness, and the ties that were there to remind us of the Covenants that are continually binding upon us. I mourn for the teaching of the 'Holy Embrace' (meeting G_d or His messengers in the five points of Fellowship) pointing people to how to receive Angels in the proper ceremonial greeting. I mourn the loss of the penalties that point to the symbolical consequences of not keeping our Covenants. This is most egregious for when you remove the knowledge of consequences, you make the Covenant none binding! I weep for the people who in their sincerity truly desire to fellowship with the Lord, yet that needed knowledge to succeed is been remove and kept hidden from them, by evil and conspiring men. For that is how Mosiah Hancock said Joseph Smith describe them.

My Brethren, for yes I call you my Brethren. Why have you failed to do that which you were commanded to do? Ought ye not to have awaken and arisen? Shouldn't you have built the tower wherewith ye were command to build, rather than consulting for a long time, saying among yourselves: What need hath our Lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace? Might not this money be given to the exchangers, and that is that not exactly what you hath done? And while they were at variance one with another ye have became very slothful, and have not hearkened unto the commandments of the Lord!

When ye are called unto the everlasting gospel, and covenant with an everlasting covenant (in a Temple), ye art accounted as the salt of the earth and the savor of men; For ye are called to be the savor of men; therefore, if that salt of the earth lose its savor, behold, it is thenceforth good for nothing only to be cast out and trodden under the feet of men. Behold, here is wisdom concerning the children of Zion (YOU), even many, but not all; they were found transgressors, therefore they must needs be chastened— He that exalteth himself shall be abased, and he that abaseth himself shall be exalted. And because you have not done as you were commanded, shalt your house be left desolate unto you? Repent ye, repent ye, and come unto the Holy One of Yesrael.

If your complete history were to be written, you could place it in a chapter that falls anywhere before the First Coming of the Messiah in the Book of Mormon, and if you called yourself 'the Peoples of the Latter-Day Saints', you would fit right in. Only now you are those people who stand before His Second Coming, and it sounds like the some old story enacted anew. Have you as a people done all needful things? I say nay, for you have done everything Mormon said of you (see Mormon, Eighth Chapter) and ye shalt shortly be cast off. And also Second Nephi clearly foretold how few of you will repent and in that day, and come and be numbered among the house of Yesrael. Amon.
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on April 21st, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

brianj wrote: April 20th, 2017, 7:24 pm
I'm surprised to hear this as you are the only person I have come across who doesn't like the new movies, particularly the emotion. The emotions conveyed by the actors and actresses teach a lot about the humanity of the characters and is probably a much more accurate representation of what really happened.
I haven't asked others. My wife likes one, but dislikes the other very much so. I hate the emotions. I liked the old ones. I would much prefer to watch a movie with a minor character having come out gay, than the new ones that feel a little gay all throughout--but maybe that's for the new generation?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: April 20th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I disagree. I consider the films to be ham acting. Too much false emotion. After all, an actor is a liar. He is trying to make you believe his is something and someone that he is not.
I prefer the live session, without all the ham acting, as it lets me concentrate and absorb the content.
dc