Mormon denied application to a full time mission RE SSM

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Mormon denied application to a full time mission RE SSM

Post by A Random Phrase »

The young man told his bishop he would preach same sex marriage, temple ssm. He brought it up because he felt it was the honorable thing to do. I laud him for his honesty. What he was willing to teach investigators was a doctrine of the devil, but at least he was honest about what he would do.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

North_Star wrote:http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2012/02/zion.html

"When there is an abomination that renders desolate in the Temple, you will also see afflictions."

I came across this quote:
When an abomination that renders sexual relations desolate (they don't produce offspring) occurs in the holy place, you can know the promised destruction is soon at hand. Christ said those living in that day would live to see the end of the world. (See JS-M 1: 32-36.)

We have so many temples, and it would only take one area where there was a lot of push for ssm for such a marriage to take place, sometime in the future.

The fact that the young man was denied not only a mission but a tr shows that we haven't descended that far quite yet.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

A Random Phrase wrote:...We have so many temples, and it would only take one area where there was a lot of push for ssm for such a marriage to take place, sometime in the future.

The fact that the young man was denied not only a mission but a tr shows that we haven't descended that far quite yet.
And then again, maybe we have.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

During the Priesthood Ban days, It used to be that the LDS Church could point to private clubs like the Augusta National and their exclusion of women. Now the Augusta National is admitting women members.

So I think we are getting closer to the time when Satan can start attacking the LDS Church on the discrimination issue.

As I see it, let people live how they will, but to be LDS means to uphold traditional marriage. That is fine if same-genders want to live together, but LDS are about traditional families. If you want to be in a religion and support same-gender civil union then they should choose another religion.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

heck,that's NOTHING...........I know bishops who've done it for less........it's a POV ;) :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

skmo wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:...We have so many temples, and it would only take one area where there was a lot of push for ssm for such a marriage to take place, sometime in the future.

And then again, maybe we have.
That did cross my mind after I read that. If the husband was duped, I don't think it would count. However, if he really knew he was marrying a male, then you're right. It has already happened, though not with the knowing consent of the leaders.

Silas
captain of 1,000

Post by Silas »

You can't trick God and you can't steal ordinances. A sealer may have spoken words to those two, but no sealing ever took place.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Silas wrote:You can't trick God and you can't steal ordinances. A sealer may have spoken words to those two, but no sealing ever took place.
Amen, brother!!