Who Has Experienced Baptism by Fire & Holy Ghost?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

How Many KNOW that They Have Experienced Baptism by Fire & the Holy Ghost?

Poll ended at February 14th, 2012, 11:34 pm

I have experienced Baptism by Fire & the Holy Ghost
35%
I have not (yet) experienced Baptism by Fire & the Holy Ghost
24%
I don’t know
41%

Total votes: 34
SaturdayWarrior
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Who Has Experienced Baptism by Fire & Holy Ghost?

Post by SaturdayWarrior »

I did realize soon though that it was from God and He had forgiven me of my sins, cleansed me, and healed me.

throughwithin
Hi, I'm new.

Post by throughwithin »

Saturday Warrior and others:

About 6 months ago I experienced the baptism of Fire and the Holy Ghost in almost the exact way Saturday Warrior described it, a soft burning that started in my head and grew out to my extremities. As I recovered from such an unprecedented wave of very real, very physical sensations in my body, it was the most peaceful point of my life. Taking me to scripture within a few minutes, the Spirit testified to me of the simple truth in some passages that most Christians consider baffling. Things like why there seem to be two creation accounts, one in Genesis 1 and another in Genesis 2, the answer to that is remarkably simple, assuming I now understand correctly it is only one account. Or a simple explanation for the number 666.

My sin nature had been removed and His love nature left behind.

The strange thing for this audience may be that I was not a member of the Church at that time, but am now. For just as the Spirit directed me to those scriptures, I was also directed to join the true Church, by the Spirit, not long after that, and I count myself so blessed to now be a Latter Day Saint.

throughwithin
Hi, I'm new.

Post by throughwithin »

This post is a test of why the last post did not bump the thread into active posts, so reposting.

Saturday Warrior and others:

About 6 months ago I experienced the baptism of Fire and the Holy Ghost in almost the exact way Saturday Warrior described it, a soft burning that started in my head and grew out to my extremities. As I recovered from such an unprecedented wave of very real, very physical sensations in my body, it was the most peaceful point of my life. Taking me to scripture within a few minutes, the Spirit testified to me of the simple truth in some passages that most Christians consider baffling. Things like why there seem to be two creation accounts, one in Genesis 1 and another in Genesis 2, the answer to that is remarkably simple, assuming I now understand correctly it is only one account. Or a simple explanation for the number 666.

My sin nature had been removed and His love nature left behind.

The strange thing for this audience may be that I was not a member of the Church at that time, but am now. For just as the Spirit directed me to those scriptures, I was also directed to join the true Church, by the Spirit, not long after that, and I count myself so blessed to now be a Latter Day Saint.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

I also received this knowledge and experience previous to joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in response to:

4. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mor ... ang=eng#p4

throughwithin
Hi, I'm new.

Post by throughwithin »

Thanks for sharing Elizabeth. It looks like you are very active here but I don't see any other posts from you in this thread.

Being baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost is by far the biggest and best thing that has ever happened to me. The experience has completely transformed me and changed my life, inside and outside. Inside there is always peace, as I walk in the Spirit continually. Outside, some good friends have abandoned me, not willing to believe that I am so transformed, even as the evidence is overwhelming, and probably more so that I have joined the church that they consider to be some sort of weird cult.

How did people around you react?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Opportunities within my career were restricted because of my conversion. My lifes path was changed detrimentally. My participation within organisations with which I had been associated was no longer welcome.
throughwithin wrote: August 9th, 2017, 7:03 pm Thanks for sharing Elizabeth. It looks like you are very active here but I don't see any other posts from you in this thread.

Being baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost is by far the biggest and best thing that has ever happened to me. The experience has completely transformed me and changed my life, inside and outside. Inside there is always peace, as I walk in the Spirit continually. Outside, some good friends have abandoned me, not willing to believe that I am so transformed, even as the evidence is overwhelming, and probably more so that I have joined the church that they consider to be some sort of weird cult.

How did people around you react?

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40401

Bumping this thread for any newcomers/lurkers. If you want to read something uplifting, something that gives you hope, something that brings true joy, read the stories left here.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

Mike Stroud podcast. #45 will knock your socks off! Amazing! Please please take a listen!

http://mstroud.podomatic.com/

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Dang! And double dang!! Mike Stroud podcast #46 what are you waiting for-- take a listen!!

👍

truthwriter
Hi, I'm new.

Post by truthwriter »

The baptism of fire is very real. There was a moratorium that was lifted at the turn of the century (speculated 2001) to seal 144,000 with this gift. Those who are baptized with fire are called to do a great work. For more information read "The Unspeakable Gift" by M. James Custer.

truthwriter
Hi, I'm new.

Post by truthwriter »

I remember being amazed that a new life could so easily rise up from within me and how fantastically changed I felt but yet completely the same. I knew that just outside of Dallas, Texas where I lived that where Jesus Christ lived seemed a world apart. Somewhere in the galaxy beyond the firmament, past the asteroid belt, Christ sat on His throne. Yet, I understood He didn’t have to travel to touch me. It was as if He had always been “in” me. In fact, He did not reach for me—it was I who after forty years of living on earth had finally reached, broken that invisible barrier, and connected with Him. As we united an inscrutable energy erupted inside my being. Somehow during this beautiful feeling of incineration I was both liberated and preserved. In those joyful all consuming flames and fire I knew, without any doubt, that Christ lives. For I was now a part of Him and He a part of me.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

truthwriter wrote: March 19th, 2020, 10:27 pm I remember being amazed that a new life could so easily rise up from within me and how fantastically changed I felt but yet completely the same. I knew that just outside of Dallas, Texas where I lived that where Jesus Christ lived seemed a world apart. Somewhere in the galaxy beyond the firmament, past the asteroid belt, Christ sat on His throne. Yet, I understood He didn’t have to travel to touch me. It was as if He had always been “in” me. In fact, He did not reach for me—it was I who after forty years of living on earth had finally reached, broken that invisible barrier, and connected with Him. As we united an inscrutable energy erupted inside my being. Somehow during this beautiful feeling of incineration I was both liberated and preserved. In those joyful all consuming flames and fire I knew, without any doubt, that Christ lives. For I was now a part of Him and He a part of me.
Thank you

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

Seeker wrote: February 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm Following the Heavenly Gift section has really made me wonder about this.

NOTE:
Would any of those who have had the wonderful blessing of experiencing baptism by fire and the holy ghost be willing to share their experiences?
Bless your heart Seeker! Friend I will tell you what I feel I can say on this open forum. If you wish to have a more detailed description just PM me and I will pray whether I'm am permitted to divulge more.

The Baptism of Fire is very real. Atleast for me on a number of occasions. Yes, more then once. As i have progressed through my endowment into the presence of God, I've found that it is an integral part of the process. No unclean thing can enter into his presence, for it is holy.

The feeling of the purging and sanctifying power that goes through you from your crown to the souls of your feet is no ordinary feeling. I knew it, just as I felt the water around me as I was baptized as a convert when I was 16.

My experience was one that I was able to witness with my spiritual eyes the cloven tongues of fire surrounding me. It was to the point where I thought everything around me would be consumed but it wasn't.

The mighty change spoken of in the scriptures does indeed come with it. I was on such a spiritual high for a very long time filled with an amazing love for the souls around me. Having no more desire to do evil.

These experiences and many more have only come about in my particular circumstance from extreme trials, suffering and sacrifices that I was asked to endure for the Lord's sake. Not all experiences are alike I'm sure.

If you or any others here desire to have it, that already haven't, pray to know what the Lord requires of you to be able to obtain that sacred gift. If you honestly Ask, Seek and Knock he will tell you how it is to be obtained in your own personal circumstance.

You will be more aware of the sacrifices of the Atonement that our Lord endured for us if you do.

I hope that helps in some small way. I tread lightly with sacred experiences and only share with those whom the spirit tells me I should share with. Some experiences beyond the Baptism of Fire I will never share.

Endure to the end my friends.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

DJB wrote: March 20th, 2020, 3:58 am
Seeker wrote: February 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm Following the Heavenly Gift section has really made me wonder about this.

NOTE:
Would any of those who have had the wonderful blessing of experiencing baptism by fire and the holy ghost be willing to share their experiences?
Bless your heart Seeker! Friend I will tell you what I feel I can say on this open forum. If you wish to have a more detailed description just PM me and I will pray whether I'm am permitted to divulge more.

The Baptism of Fire is very real. Atleast for me on a number of occasions. Yes, more then once. As i have progressed through my endowment into the presence of God, I've found that it is an integral part of the process. No unclean thing can enter into his presence, for it is holy.

The feeling of the purging and sanctifying power that goes through you from your crown to the souls of your feet is no ordinary feeling. I knew it, just as I felt the water around me as I was baptized as a convert when I was 16.

My experience was one that I was able to witness with my spiritual eyes the cloven tongues of fire surrounding me. It was to the point where I thought everything around me would be consumed but it wasn't.

The mighty change spoken of in the scriptures does indeed come with it. I was on such a spiritual high for a very long time filled with an amazing love for the souls around me. Having no more desire to do evil.

These experiences and many more have only come about in my particular circumstance from extreme trials, suffering and sacrifices that I was asked to endure for the Lord's sake. Not all experiences are alike I'm sure.

If you or any others here desire to have it, that already haven't, pray to know what the Lord requires of you to be able to obtain that sacred gift. If you honestly Ask, Seek and Knock he will tell you how it is to be obtained in your own personal circumstance.

You will be more aware of the sacrifices of the Atonement that our Lord endured for us if you do.

I hope that helps in some small way. I tread lightly with sacred experiences and only share with those whom the spirit tells me I should share with. Some experiences beyond the Baptism of Fire I will never share.

Endure to the end my friends.

Absolutely wonderful. Thank you.

Especially right now at this juncture where prophesied events seem to be unfolding before our eyes, let us all seek to be born again NOW by learning to fully submit to the Lord with unshaken faith and with true intent. Let us have hope in His promise that when our hearts are truly broken, contrite, and on the altar before him that he will baptize us with fire and change our nature every bit as much as those we read about in the scriptures.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

God in his mercy, through recent occurrences, is asking that we please not only know but apply his truths which will grant us the gift of “abiding the day” and to further spiritually ascend. (Alma 12: 9-11)

We should shun and shake at the thought of the ease of which the natural man / woman operates in a laisse-fare go about your business pay marginal heed to Gods admonition...

We desperately need awake and arise:
3nephi 9 (God’s admonition)

And behold, the city of Laman, and the city of Josh, and the city of Gad, and the city of Kishkumen, have I caused to be burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof, because of their wickedness in casting out the prophets, and stoning those whom I did send to declare unto them concerning their wickedness and their abominations.
11 And because they did cast them all out, that there were none righteous among them, I did send down fire and destroy them, that their wickedness and abominations might be hid from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints whom I sent among them might not cry unto me from the ground against them.
12 And many great destructions have I caused to come upon this land, and upon this people, because of their wickedness and their abominations.
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
16 I came unto my own, and my own received me not. And the scriptures concerning my coming are fulfilled.
17 And as many as have received me, to them have I given to become the sons of God; and even so will I to as many as shall believe on my name, for behold, by me redemption cometh, and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled.
18 I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
19 And ye shall offer up unto me no more the shedding of blood; yea, your sacrifices and your burnt offerings shall be done away, for I will accept none of your sacrifices and your burnt offerings.
20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.
21 Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin.

22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.