Elder Nelson 7th seal

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
electricpatriot
captain of 10

Re: Elder Nelson 7th seal

Post by electricpatriot »

Living in the Fulness of Times
GORDON B. HINCKLEY
President of the Church

"The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32)."

The whole talk can be found on the church website.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Thank you, for vouching for me, Bob!

I'm working to keep my participation on the Forum to a minimum. It does seem rather unkind to be twitting me about something I thought had been resolved many months ago. I never claimed to be an expert on the Apocalypse; only to making the mistake of repeating what I heard.

I did have the opportunity to teach John's Book of Revelation for Gospel Doctrine this month and learned a lot more about the symbolism as it relates to the Roman Empire and subsequent 'empires', but there's is an awful lot there that seems to defy a strict chronology. I'm not going to play with the numbers; they tend to act too much like smoke on a breezy day.

I think we will all have to 'wait & see' as events unfold. It is important to be worthy to 'stand in Holy Places', regardless.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Second that, BG.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

I am going to throw out a question that I have not really looked into yet.
Do you think Israel is going to suffer two wars, one when the U.S. gets it booty kicked and one at Armageddon?
I am inclined to think, yes, but have not studied it yet from that perspective. What are your thoughts? Anyone?

kenh
captain of 100

Post by kenh »

As far as my comment about President Packer's remarks concerning our youth becoming grandparents is If Christ comes in thirty years from now our youth would be able to become grandparents by then. I do believe they will have that opportunity because I feel Christ will return about that time. I am in my early fifties I'll be in my late seventies to early eighties when He will come. I say this from personal revelation about myself in accordance with my patriarchal blessing. Thank you for your comments on mine. :|

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Your PB specifies that you'll be in your 80's?

And just to clarify, the youth of today will still be able to become grandparents even after Christ returns.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

I've come to realize that a lot of our PB's are speaking about the Spirit World. The more you read about the Spirit World the more you realize it's just like here, oh wait it is here and is a lot like life here complete with missions etc...

http://emp.byui.edu/SATTERFIELDB/PDF/SpiritWorld.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kenh
captain of 100

Post by kenh »

Just for the record my PB states I'll stand upon the earth for the second coming as a mortal. The personal revelation from the Lord made clear to me approx age at that time and I'll say no more. Thank you. :)

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

I don't doubt it and actually your timeline is the most reasonable I have found as of late. But then I once thought I'd marry a red-headed rodeo queen due to revelation and my pb (turns out I married her friend after writing the RHRQ for 3 years). New thread idea, new thread idea!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:I don't doubt it and actually your timeline is the most reasonable I have found as of late. But then I once thought I'd marry a red-headed rodeo queen due to revelation and my pb (turns out I married her friend after writing the RHRQ for 3 years). New thread idea, new thread idea!
My PB stated that I would find an honest companion. I was a bit disappointed at the time that "hot babe" was not specified... :D

Well, for me anyway, she IS a "hot babe", and having seen several marriages of friends and relatives implode - I am so grateful that "Honest" was the trait I was promised for my spouse, and what a rare gift that is, even inside the church. There have been a few couples that I looked at and thought they were the model of what a perfect family should be, only to see them break up due to infidelity...and surprisingly infidelity by the wife in at least two of the cases. (the wife actually admitted it to me, for some reason).

Nothing better than KNOWING you can trust your spouse!

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Brings to mind the prophetic quote "trust is better than love. David O' McKay"

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:Brings to mind the prophetic quote "trust is better than love. David O' McKay"
Amen and Amen!

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

kenh wrote:As far as my comment about President Packer's remarks concerning our youth becoming grandparents is If Christ comes in thirty years from now our youth would be able to become grandparents by then. I do believe they will have that opportunity because I feel Christ will return about that time. I am in my early fifties I'll be in my late seventies to early eighties when He will come. I say this from personal revelation about myself in accordance with my patriarchal blessing. Thank you for your comments on mine. :|
According to the Jewish calendar, we are in the year 5772. If they are right we have 28 years before the sixth seal closes. Since there doesn't appear to be any evidence that the 144,000 have started their missions yet, maybe the Jews are closer to the truth than some of the saints. If your PB refers to the appearance at Adam-ondi-Ahman, that might fit perfectly.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

bump. 6 years later, I don't feel like we are two years into the cleansing. Not by a long shot.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Original_Intent wrote: June 25th, 2017, 4:47 pm bump. 6 years later, I don't feel like we are two years into the cleansing. Not by a long shot.
Oh I definitely believe the cleansing of the church has started. The whole homosexuality debate that was kick-started once again in November 2015 has really polorized opposition, including especially from within the membership of the church. Almost 2 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40479

We've been warned by the Lord that the cleansing of the church would be first. Take a look at the number of members resigning the church and subscribing to the exmormon reddit, tens of thousands, many of whom point to the church's stance on Homosexuality. In the coming years, it will be the doctrine scrutinzed by the world the most. Which members will fall to the peer pressure of the world?!
Original_Intent wrote: August 12th, 2014, 9:18 am D&C 112;
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church in this place, saith the Lord.

28 But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
I do believe that this is primarily referring to LDS who have claimed testimony that they did not really have.
This week the homosexuality debate has kicked into another gear with the testimony video which is getting worldwide attention. I see too many members supporting the pride movement. They do not have a testimony of the church as we believe in the traditional family. Today in Toronto, on a Sunday, the largest Pride parade in Canada took place. I find it ironic that we as members are warned to beware of pride, perhaps the warning to us in the last days was a double meaning.
President Thomas S. Monson counsels us regarding life in these, the last days: “We cannot afford to be complacent. We live in perilous times; the signs are all around us. We are acutely aware of the negative influences in our society that stalk traditional families.

“We, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, must stand up to the dangers which surround us and our families.”
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/10/prot ... s?lang=eng

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Becoming True Millennials
January 10, 2016
President Nelson

"When I pray about you and ask the Lord how He feels about you, I feel something far different from what the researchers say. Spiritual impressions I’ve received about you lead me to believe that the term Millennial may actually be perfect for you. But for a much different reason than the experts may ever understand."

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michelle wrote: June 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm Becoming True Millennials
January 10, 2016
President Nelson

"When I pray about you and ask the Lord how He feels about you, I feel something far different from what the researchers say. Spiritual impressions I’ve received about you lead me to believe that the term Millennial may actually be perfect for you. But for a much different reason than the experts may ever understand."
Milleniumals

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

davedan wrote: December 22nd, 2011, 7:12 am 7th Seal opened in 2000. We are in the 1/2 hour silence
No.we.aren’t.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Sunain wrote: June 25th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original_Intent wrote: June 25th, 2017, 4:47 pm bump. 6 years later, I don't feel like we are two years into the cleansing. Not by a long shot.
Oh I definitely believe the cleansing of the church has started. The whole homosexuality debate that was kick-started once again in November 2015 has really polorized opposition, including especially from within the membership of the church. Almost 2 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40479

We've been warned by the Lord that the cleansing of the church would be first. Take a look at the number of members resigning the church and subscribing to the exmormon reddit, tens of thousands, many of whom point to the church's stance on Homosexuality. In the coming years, it will be the doctrine scrutinzed by the world the most. Which members will fall to the peer pressure of the world?!
Original_Intent wrote: August 12th, 2014, 9:18 am D&C 112;
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church in this place, saith the Lord.

28 But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
I do believe that this is primarily referring to LDS who have claimed testimony that they did not really have.
This week the homosexuality debate has kicked into another gear with the testimony video which is getting worldwide attention. I see too many members supporting the pride movement. They do not have a testimony of the church as we believe in the traditional family. Today in Toronto, on a Sunday, the largest Pride parade in Canada took place. I find it ironic that we as members are warned to beware of pride, perhaps the warning to us in the last days was a double meaning.
President Thomas S. Monson counsels us regarding life in these, the last days: “We cannot afford to be complacent. We live in perilous times; the signs are all around us. We are acutely aware of the negative influences in our society that stalk traditional families.

“We, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, must stand up to the dangers which surround us and our families.”
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/10/prot ... s?lang=eng

We live in pretty scary times!

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

The cleansing starts with people choosing evil in the first place. That started a while ago. The second part of the cleansing is when the Lord actually does something to them (plague,murder,etc??) that’s coming up pretty soon. Give it 10-15 years.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

shadow wrote: December 28th, 2011, 5:16 pm Your PB specifies that you'll be in your 80's?

And just to clarify, the youth of today will still be able to become grandparents even after Christ returns.

At least some of the youth. That’d be cool

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kenh wrote: December 28th, 2011, 12:45 am Adam presides over the first six seals for he is lord of all the earth and all gospel dispensations are under his leadership. Christ at AOA is sustained as President of the Church and the Lord of Lords, Kings of Kings by all of the truly righteous saints gathered at AOA as Elder McConkie states as who will be there. Hopefully that will include us and the rest of those who blog here. That should be soon after NJ is built and the Lost Ten Tribes return ( some of them fill the places in the 144,000 during the sixth seal) probably in nine years or so IMO. 2021. Christ opens the seventh seal at AOA. This would leave apporx. 20 years or so for the Savior's return in glory (Half hour of silence in heaven) but he will cut short his work in righteousness. So somewhere around 2036-2040 for the Second Coming to take place. This would also allow the thirty years or so for our youth to become grandparents as per President Packer in the last GC.

Can you give me a link or something about when Packer said that at the last GC? That would be very helpful.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Z2100 wrote: June 25th, 2017, 8:13 pm
kenh wrote: December 28th, 2011, 12:45 am Adam presides over the first six seals for he is lord of all the earth and all gospel dispensations are under his leadership. Christ at AOA is sustained as President of the Church and the Lord of Lords, Kings of Kings by all of the truly righteous saints gathered at AOA as Elder McConkie states as who will be there. Hopefully that will include us and the rest of those who blog here. That should be soon after NJ is built and the Lost Ten Tribes return ( some of them fill the places in the 144,000 during the sixth seal) probably in nine years or so IMO. 2021. Christ opens the seventh seal at AOA. This would leave apporx. 20 years or so for the Savior's return in glory (Half hour of silence in heaven) but he will cut short his work in righteousness. So somewhere around 2036-2040 for the Second Coming to take place. This would also allow the thirty years or so for our youth to become grandparents as per President Packer in the last GC.

Can you give me a link or something about when Packer said that at the last GC? That would be very helpful.
Check the date of the post. Kenh posted this Dec 28, 2011, so it would be general conference Oct 2011, and he is also not likely to respond to your query, as the last time he visited the forum, at least as kenh, was in 2015. Of course he may be here under a different user name :( :D

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Z2100 wrote: June 25th, 2017, 8:13 pm

He used similar quotes in many of his talks over the years. His quotes weren't about a timeline but like others said here, mortal families will continue for many more generations regardless of when the Savior returns and even then there will be countless more generations after that throughout the Millennium.
Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve gave the following counsel:

“Teenagers also sometimes think, ‘What’s the use? The world will soon be blown all apart and come to an end.’ That feeling comes from fear, not from faith. No one knows the hour or the day (see D&C 49:7), but the end cannot come until all of the purposes of the Lord are fulfilled. Everything that I have learned from the revelations and from life convinces me that there is time and to spare for you to carefully prepare for a long life.

“One day you will cope with teenage children of your own. That will serve you right. Later, you will spoil your grandchildren, and they in turn spoil theirs. If an earlier end should happen to come to one, that is more reason to do things right” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1989, 72; or Ensign, May 1989, 59).
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... e?lang=eng

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Sister Wendy Nelson:
Becoming the Person You Were Born to Be
January 10, 2016

"So, now a question as I conclude: What if you learned that the Savior had already returned to this earth—that He, as part of His Second Coming, had already met with some of His true followers in several marvelous, large gatherings—gatherings about which the world, including CNN and the blogosphere, knew nothing. If you found out that the Savior was already on the earth, what would you desperately want to do today, and what would you be willing and ready to do tomorrow?

I pray that this year you will have some moments of anguishing desperation that will propel you further along the path to becoming the man or woman you were born to be. Your true self is spectacular! Never settle for less. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I don't know exactly what to make of the quote I put up earlier by Pres. Nelson, though it think it means the Millenium is at the doors. This quote by his wife is different though. Is she implying these things have happened, or just throwing out the "what if, what would you change" example.