Elder Nelson 7th seal

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Zkulptor
captain of 100

Elder Nelson 7th seal

Post by Zkulptor »

Hi guys,
I just read that a member by the name Buffalo Girl, shared that at her Stake Conference Elder Nelson stated that the 7th seal had opened.... I tried searching but could not find anything.
I am sorry for asking , but this just strikes me as extremely interesting.
Thank you,
-Erick

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Elder Nelson 7th seal

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

Seventh Seal Throw down?

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... al#p187621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
buffalo_girl wrote:Does it count that I heard a Living Apostle say, "The Seventh Seal has been opened"?

We were told exactly that at a Stake Conference several years ago by a visiting Apostle. You may not believe me simply because you weren't in attendance. Latter-day revelation will not come to each of us ALL at ONCE. We need to be humbly seeking and petitioning for Revelation and Insight into the events of our Time.

It isn't a contest between who is right and who is wrong!

That is why I KNOW the Seventh Seal has been opened. As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact beyond disputation.

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:Seventh Seal Throw down?

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... al#p187621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
buffalo_girl wrote:Does it count that I heard a Living Apostle say, "The Seventh Seal has been opened"?

We were told exactly that at a Stake Conference several years ago by a visiting Apostle. You may not believe me simply because you weren't in attendance. Latter-day revelation will not come to each of us ALL at ONCE. We need to be humbly seeking and petitioning for Revelation and Insight into the events of our Time.

It isn't a contest between who is right and who is wrong!

That is why I KNOW the Seventh Seal has been opened. As far as I'm concerned, it is a fact beyond disputation.
Thank you SwissMrs&Pitchfire!
This is very interesting indeed.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Did Elder Nelson really say this? Was he just expressing an opinion? If this is revelatory knowledge then it will have come via the Prophet. Interesting?

I don't think we're in the Seventh Seal but that's just my opinion :)

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

7th Seal opened in 2000. We are in the 1/2 hour silence

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

davedan wrote:7th Seal opened in 2000. We are in the 1/2 hour silence
Sounds reasonable to me. And I think that half hour of silence is divided into 3 roughly 7-year periods.

2001-2007 - 7 years of plenty
2008-2014 - 7 years of famine
2015-2021 - 7 years of cleansing, preparations for the coming in glory, building Zion, etc.

We'll see.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

I like that OI, an elegant solution that seems to fit my thinking.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

davedan and Oi I also concur. I like Skousen's timing found in, "What we might Expect in the Next Twenty-Five Years". The only thing I would add is one year for the "Meridian of Time".

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

I vote for being in the 7th Seal too. I would like to know EXACTLY what Elder Nelson said.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Original_Intent wrote:

OI - walk into any grocery store, gas station, department store or mall in the U.S. and does it look like we're currently in a famine? It would seem as though we're still in the 'plenty' stage.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Col. Flagg wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:

OI - walk into any grocery store, gas station, department store or mall in the U.S. and does it look like we're currently in a famine? It would seem as though we're still in the 'plenty' stage.
It doesn't matter if there is food on the shelf if no one can afford to buy it.
It only doesn't appear that we are in the famine because we are still living off the years of plenty.
And it could be a complete misinterpretation on my part - but I think the housing crash of '08 is a legitimate start of the "lean years". In the Egypt years, were all seven years of famine were people actually starving? Or were they having to pay exhorbitant prices to Egypt because they had saved up per Joseph's management?

For different reasons, but the wealth of the common people has been being bled off - it has been happening unnoticed for decades, centuries even - but it has entered a whole new phase and level in just the last few years.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

The seven seals are 1000 years a piece according to the D&C. If we assume, and I think we can rightly assume that our current calendar is pretty close, then we are in or near 2012 years since Christ's birth. However, that does not mean Christ was born 4000 years from the beginning of the counting. If we knew when the fifth seal started, we would then know the rest, but we do not. It may have started when Christ was twelve and went into the temple, or when he was baptized or when he started his mission or when he was crucified. We just do not know. The 2000 year is nothing but speculation and is absolutely wrong IMO. More like 2021-2033. Now AOA could start earlier. That is another matter. One thing we do know is that we were not in the seventh seal when D&C 88 was given, nor had the sign been given in the sky because Joseph Smith said so. Nor had the sun been blackened, the moon turned top blood etc., because Joseph Smith said so. And if those things had not happened because JS said so, then neither had the 1/2 hour of silence. The other thing we know is that Christ is handed the keys sometime during AOA. That is the beginning of his 1000 year reign and the beginning of the Millennium. So if Pres Monson has all the keys where does that leave us? Not in the Millennium that is for sure. The Millennium is the Sabbath day. We are not in the Sabbath day. It begins by partaking of the sacrament at the wedding feast with Christ. Anyone been to this sacrament meeting? I sure have not.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

OI wrote: I think that half hour of silence is divided into 3 roughly 7-year periods.

2015-2021 - 7 years of cleansing, preparations for the coming in glory, building Zion, etc.
Interesting, I also believe that the half our silence is divided into three 7 year periods, however since I believe that the 7th seal will open when the Lord comes to AOA I would express it like this:

From Christ’s appearance at Adam-Ondi-Ahman to his appearing at he New Jerusalem = 7 years
From his appearance at the New Jerusalem to his appearance to the Jews = 7 years
From his appearance to the Jews to his coming in his glory = 7 years
Last edited by friendsofthe on December 22nd, 2011, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

friendsofthe wrote:
OI wrote: I think that half hour of silence is divided into 3 roughly 7-year periods.

Interesting, I also believe that the half our silence is divided into three 7 year periods, however I would express it like this:

From Christ’s appearance at Adam-Ondi-Ahman to his appearing at he New Jerusalem = 7 years
From his appearance at the New Jerusalem to his appearance to the Jews = 7 years
Interesting. It could be.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

NoGreaterLove wrote:
friendsofthe wrote:

Interesting, I also believe that the half our silence is divided into three 7 year periods, however I would express it like this:

Interesting. It could be.
Well obviously they both couldn;t count as the half hour of silence, however, I do see this possibility.

2015 could be the beginning of the seven years of cleansing, and also AOA. The saints could be charged with the building of the New Jerusalem in 7 years.
2022 The appearance at New Jerusalem.
2029 Appearance to the Jews
2036 Coming in glory

There is no reason to think that is correct...I'm just "thinking out loud".

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Well obviously they both couldn;t count as the half hour of silence, however, I do see this possibility.

2015 could be the beginning of the seven years of cleansing, and also AOA. The saints could be charged with the building of the New Jerusalem in 7 years.
2036 Coming in glory

An interesting scripture may fit here.
Daniel 12:
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be; for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

The confusion 6th-sealers have is that they are looking to history to know when the sun darkened, moon turned to blood and stars fell from the sky at the opening of the 6th seal according to Rev 6. However, this event would have occurred at 1000 ad and we just don't have great history from this time period. There could have been significant earth changes.

Then UN D&

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

But then D&C 29 says that the sun will be darkened, the moon turn to blood and the stars fall before the day of wrath.

But this could be referring to the 4th Trumpet of the Tribulation which has to do with sun, moon, stars and not to the opening of the 6th seal.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

davedan wrote:The confusion 6th-sealers have is that they are looking to history to know when the sun darkened, moon turned to blood and stars fell from the sky at the opening of the 6th seal according to Rev 6. However, this event would have occurred at 1000 ad and we just don't have great history from this time period. There could have been significant earth changes.

Then UN D&
JS said it had not happened yet and Moroni quoting Malachi told him it was yet to come.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

davedan wrote:But then D&C 29 says that the sun will be darkened, the moon turn to blood and the stars fall before the day of wrath.

But this could be referring to the 4th Trumpet of the Tribulation which has to do with sun, moon, stars and not to the opening of the 6th seal.
Then why does John say it happens in the sixth seal?

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

You are trying to lump all those sun moon and star signs together into one occurrence. It happens more than once.

Christ comes more than once.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Remember that on another thread we have someone else quoting Elder Ballard in saying that the Second Coming won't happen for a good while.

Ok so if the Seventh Seal did open in 2000 then we have 9 years to see the following fulfilled.

A war with Russia/China and total chaos in the United States.

The cleansing of the Church and the land of Zion possibly involving a desolating plague.

The gathering of the Saints from all lands to America.

The coming forth of the lost tribes from their hiding place to the land of Zion.

The conversion of the Lamanites.

The calling of the 144,000 missionaries/high priests and their final mission to the whole earth.

The building of the City of Zion.

The building of the Temple in Jerusalem.

The return of the ten tribes to Israel.

The reign of King David in Israel.

A brutal dictator/empire to rise up who will rule the rest of the earth.

A satanic religious order set up with false miracles and wonders displayed.

The Council at Adam Ondi Ahman with the appearance of Michael and Jehovah.

The Battle of Armageddon and the siege of Jerusalem.

All in 9 years?

If the Seventh Seal has opened then nothing is happening. We are slowly seeing one major-power (Anglo-American) trying to establish a global empire and set up a scenario where there will be major wars and conflict. But other than that nothing.

The missionaries haven't even completed their mission to the Gentiles yet which indicates that we're still in the times of the Gentlies.

Nah sorry. I'm not buying it. When the City of Zion is built and the Temple in Jerusalem then I'll know the end is near. :D

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

NoGreaterLove
The seven seals are 1000 years a piece according to the D&C. If we assume, and I think we can rightly assume that our current calendar is pretty close, then we are in or near 2012 years since Christ's birth. However, that does not mean Christ was born 4000 years from the beginning of the counting. If we knew when the fifth seal started, we would then know the rest, but we do not. It may have started when Christ was twelve and went into the temple, or when he was baptized or when he started his mission or when he was crucified. We just do not know. The 2000 year is nothing but speculation and is absolutely wrong IMO. More like 2021-2033. Now AOA could start earlier. That is another matter. One thing we do know is that we were not in the seventh seal when D&C 88 was given, nor had the sign been given in the sky because Joseph Smith said so. Nor had the sun been blackened, the moon turned top blood etc., because Joseph Smith said so. And if those things had not happened because JS said so, then neither had the 1/2 hour of silence. The other thing we know is that Christ is handed the keys sometime during AOA. That is the beginning of his 1000 year reign and the beginning of the Millennium. So if Pres Monson has all the keys where does that leave us? Not in the Millennium that is for sure. The Millennium is the Sabbath day. We are not in the Sabbath day. It begins by partaking of the sacrament at the wedding feast with Christ. Anyone been to this sacrament meeting? I sure have not.
NGL, John P. Pratt in his article “Celestial Witnesses of the Meridian of Time”, defines the year the savior was born as in the meridian of a Grand Year and Jubilee Year.

See:
“Celestial Witnesses of the Meridian of Time” by John P. Pratt
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... idian.html

John Pratt hypothesizes that the Meridian of Time could be anywhere between 33-70 years long:
Q. If Adam was 4,000 years before Christ, are we now in the seventh seal? If so, what about the great earthquake which was supposed to occur in the sixth seal?
A. The seventh 1,000-year period since Adam apparently officially began on 6 Apr 2000 at the dedication of the Palmyra temple. That day was 1 Nisan, New Year's Day on the Hebrew calendar. But I'm not sure that is the same day.as when the seventh seal begins. I suspect that the seven seals may be counted with a "little season" called the "meridian of time" between the 4th and 5th seal. Its minimum length would probably be 33 years (the Savior's life time), and the maximum 70 years, ending at the destruction of the temple. If so, then the sixth seal may not end until 2033-2070, and the earthquake of the sixth seal (Rev. 6:12) could occur any time in the next few decades. I don't know. This is all just speculation based on the fact that the scriptures say Christ would be born "in" the meridian of time, rather than "at" (Moses 5:57, 7:46). Moreover, some ancient calendars were structured with an "extra" little season (Passover week) wedged in the middle of the year, as well as having the little season at the end of the year (Tabernacles). Time will tell.
Also Bro. Pratt identifies the seven dispensations, angel names, their identities, as well as the associated rewards here:
“Seven Trumpets” by John P. Pratt
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... mpets.html

OI you are on to something with the 7 year divisions of the ½ hour of silence:
The Sabbatical Cycle. The Lord told Moses to count years by sevens, even as days are counted by sevens. Years of the sabbath cycle of 7 years begin in the fall, rather than the spring. Detailed instructions were given as to how to celebrate every seventh year, which was designed to be a year of release, free from work and the cares of the world, even as the weekly sabbath day is a day of rest (Lev. 25).[2] Traditionally sabbath years can be found as being the Hebrew years that are exactly divisible by seven. For example, the year 2001 was the Hebrew year 5761, which began the previous fall on Sat 30 Sep 2000. The number 5,761 is evenly divisible by 7, so that year was the sabbath year which completed a "week" of seven years. All of my calculations agree that the Hebrew tradition is correct. An easy way to remember where we are currently in the sabbatical cycle is that the destruction of the Twin Towers on 11 Sep 2001 occurred in the last weeks of a seven-year period. http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... idian.html
Q. If you can calculate the seven sacred calendars backward in time, can you also do it for the future? Of course, you can't determine the date of the Second Coming, but how about some other events, like the return of the lost tribes?

A. This is by far the most asked question, and it deserves a thorough answer. I'm spending all available time trying to understand the past, which is hard enough. I don't expect ever to be confident enough to predict future events for several reasons. First, the calendars themselves are a work in progress. While there is no question about the dates I've published, there are still a few gray areas where the "leap" corrections are made. Second, all I can do is tell when the calendars align, but I cannot know if there is any event planned for that date. I did find two future alignments and not only notified all Meridian readers, but invited them to celebrate with me. We held both a Native American Easter and also a Feast of Trumpets, but to my knowledge nothing else happened of significance on those days, nor did I predict anything. Third, even if there is an event associated with the alignment date, it is usually a religious event that would not make the headlines. Two of the best alignments during the restoration of the Church were the dates I've proposed for the night that Joseph Smith read James 1:5, and the Resurrection of the Book of Mormon. All that happened on those dates was that the Spirit of God entered a young boy's heart, and a sign was put up in a store window announcing that a new book was for sale. Those dates seemed so insignificant that even the Prophet Joseph Smith made no note of them. Finally, there are other unknowns, such as when the earth will reel to and for as a drunken man (D&C 49:23), which could change the times and seasons (D&C 121:12).
There is also another important point. Why did the Lord go to the trouble to write these dates in the record of the skies for us to read? To me, the answer is the same as to the question, "Why does the Lord prophesy any future event?" I believe the purpose is not to satisfy our curiosity about exactly when events will happen, but rather it is often to be a testimony after the fact that the Lord knew the future. So it is with these dates. I do not believe he wishes most of us to know the precise dates in the future when any of the big events will happen, but afterwards it will be clear that they had been planned from before the foundations of the solar system. There has been a huge attack on the Book of Genesis over the last century and a half, to make it appear to be a collection of campfire stories rather than the revealed word of God. My purpose in this series of articles is to show that the events described in Genesis are written in an astronomical record for us all to see that God knows the end from the beginning and that only he could have been the author of Genesis. Thus, I am focusing on the past, in an attempt to recover dates which have been lost to us. http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... a_cal.html
The key is how long was the Meridian of Time? I have seen it calculated anywhere from one year to 70. A wide gap to try and fix the opening of the 7th Seal and the 2nd Coming.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

John Pratt is a pretty sharp guy and I like his attitude. He tries his best but stays humble about it. I have read some of his work and he impresses me quite a bit. I would love to spend a day with him and just let him educate me.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

OI Wrote:

2036 Coming in glory
Here’s what I would propose.
2012, Christ comes to AOA
2019, He comes to NJ
2026, He appears to the Jews
2033, He comes in glory

As always, my reason for saying this is because I believe that we are just four months short of completing the 42 month countdown to WWIII. If I’m wrong, we’ll know very soon.