Elder Nelson 7th seal

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: Elder Nelson 7th seal

Post by Michelle »

Becoming True Millennials
January 10, 2016
President Nelson

"When I pray about you and ask the Lord how He feels about you, I feel something far different from what the researchers say. Spiritual impressions I’ve received about you lead me to believe that the term Millennial may actually be perfect for you. But for a much different reason than the experts may ever understand."

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michelle wrote: June 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm Becoming True Millennials
January 10, 2016
President Nelson

"When I pray about you and ask the Lord how He feels about you, I feel something far different from what the researchers say. Spiritual impressions I’ve received about you lead me to believe that the term Millennial may actually be perfect for you. But for a much different reason than the experts may ever understand."
Milleniumals

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

davedan wrote: December 22nd, 2011, 7:12 am 7th Seal opened in 2000. We are in the 1/2 hour silence
No.we.aren’t.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Sunain wrote: June 25th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original_Intent wrote: June 25th, 2017, 4:47 pm bump. 6 years later, I don't feel like we are two years into the cleansing. Not by a long shot.
Oh I definitely believe the cleansing of the church has started. The whole homosexuality debate that was kick-started once again in November 2015 has really polorized opposition, including especially from within the membership of the church. Almost 2 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40479

We've been warned by the Lord that the cleansing of the church would be first. Take a look at the number of members resigning the church and subscribing to the exmormon reddit, tens of thousands, many of whom point to the church's stance on Homosexuality. In the coming years, it will be the doctrine scrutinzed by the world the most. Which members will fall to the peer pressure of the world?!
Original_Intent wrote: August 12th, 2014, 9:18 am D&C 112;
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church in this place, saith the Lord.

28 But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
I do believe that this is primarily referring to LDS who have claimed testimony that they did not really have.
This week the homosexuality debate has kicked into another gear with the testimony video which is getting worldwide attention. I see too many members supporting the pride movement. They do not have a testimony of the church as we believe in the traditional family. Today in Toronto, on a Sunday, the largest Pride parade in Canada took place. I find it ironic that we as members are warned to beware of pride, perhaps the warning to us in the last days was a double meaning.
President Thomas S. Monson counsels us regarding life in these, the last days: “We cannot afford to be complacent. We live in perilous times; the signs are all around us. We are acutely aware of the negative influences in our society that stalk traditional families.

“We, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, must stand up to the dangers which surround us and our families.”
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2008/10/prot ... s?lang=eng

We live in pretty scary times!

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Original_Intent wrote: June 25th, 2017, 4:47 pm bump. 6 years later, I don't feel like we are two years into the cleansing. Not by a long shot.

The cleansing starts with people choosing evil in the first place. That started a while ago. The second part of the cleansing is when the Lord actually does something to them (plague,murder,etc??) that’s coming up pretty soon. Give it 10-15 years.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

shadow wrote: December 28th, 2011, 5:16 pm Your PB specifies that you'll be in your 80's?

And just to clarify, the youth of today will still be able to become grandparents even after Christ returns.

At least some of the youth. That’d be cool

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kenh wrote: December 28th, 2011, 12:45 am Adam presides over the first six seals for he is lord of all the earth and all gospel dispensations are under his leadership. Christ at AOA is sustained as President of the Church and the Lord of Lords, Kings of Kings by all of the truly righteous saints gathered at AOA as Elder McConkie states as who will be there. Hopefully that will include us and the rest of those who blog here. That should be soon after NJ is built and the Lost Ten Tribes return ( some of them fill the places in the 144,000 during the sixth seal) probably in nine years or so IMO. 2021. Christ opens the seventh seal at AOA. This would leave apporx. 20 years or so for the Savior's return in glory (Half hour of silence in heaven) but he will cut short his work in righteousness. So somewhere around 2036-2040 for the Second Coming to take place. This would also allow the thirty years or so for our youth to become grandparents as per President Packer in the last GC.

Can you give me a link or something about when Packer said that at the last GC? That would be very helpful.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Z2100 wrote: June 25th, 2017, 8:13 pm
kenh wrote: December 28th, 2011, 12:45 am Adam presides over the first six seals for he is lord of all the earth and all gospel dispensations are under his leadership. Christ at AOA is sustained as President of the Church and the Lord of Lords, Kings of Kings by all of the truly righteous saints gathered at AOA as Elder McConkie states as who will be there. Hopefully that will include us and the rest of those who blog here. That should be soon after NJ is built and the Lost Ten Tribes return ( some of them fill the places in the 144,000 during the sixth seal) probably in nine years or so IMO. 2021. Christ opens the seventh seal at AOA. This would leave apporx. 20 years or so for the Savior's return in glory (Half hour of silence in heaven) but he will cut short his work in righteousness. So somewhere around 2036-2040 for the Second Coming to take place. This would also allow the thirty years or so for our youth to become grandparents as per President Packer in the last GC.

Can you give me a link or something about when Packer said that at the last GC? That would be very helpful.
Check the date of the post. Kenh posted this Dec 28, 2011, so it would be general conference Oct 2011, and he is also not likely to respond to your query, as the last time he visited the forum, at least as kenh, was in 2015. Of course he may be here under a different user name :( :D

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

He used similar quotes in many of his talks over the years. His quotes weren't about a timeline but like others said here, mortal families will continue for many more generations regardless of when the Savior returns and even then there will be countless more generations after that throughout the Millennium.
Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve gave the following counsel:

“Teenagers also sometimes think, ‘What’s the use? The world will soon be blown all apart and come to an end.’ That feeling comes from fear, not from faith. No one knows the hour or the day (see D&C 49:7), but the end cannot come until all of the purposes of the Lord are fulfilled. Everything that I have learned from the revelations and from life convinces me that there is time and to spare for you to carefully prepare for a long life.

“One day you will cope with teenage children of your own. That will serve you right. Later, you will spoil your grandchildren, and they in turn spoil theirs. If an earlier end should happen to come to one, that is more reason to do things right” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1989, 72; or Ensign, May 1989, 59).
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... e?lang=eng

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Sister Wendy Nelson:
Becoming the Person You Were Born to Be
January 10, 2016

"So, now a question as I conclude: What if you learned that the Savior had already returned to this earth—that He, as part of His Second Coming, had already met with some of His true followers in several marvelous, large gatherings—gatherings about which the world, including CNN and the blogosphere, knew nothing. If you found out that the Savior was already on the earth, what would you desperately want to do today, and what would you be willing and ready to do tomorrow?

I pray that this year you will have some moments of anguishing desperation that will propel you further along the path to becoming the man or woman you were born to be. Your true self is spectacular! Never settle for less. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I don't know exactly what to make of the quote I put up earlier by Pres. Nelson, though it think it means the Millenium is at the doors. This quote by his wife is different though. Is she implying these things have happened, or just throwing out the "what if, what would you change" example.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Sunain wrote: June 25th, 2017, 9:24 pm

He used similar quotes in many of his talks over the years. His quotes weren't about a timeline but like others said here, mortal families will continue for many more generations regardless of when the Savior returns and even then there will be countless more generations after that throughout the Millennium.
Elder Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve gave the following counsel:

“Teenagers also sometimes think, ‘What’s the use? The world will soon be blown all apart and come to an end.’ That feeling comes from fear, not from faith. No one knows the hour or the day (see D&C 49:7), but the end cannot come until all of the purposes of the Lord are fulfilled. Everything that I have learned from the revelations and from life convinces me that there is time and to spare for you to carefully prepare for a long life.

“One day you will cope with teenage children of your own. That will serve you right. Later, you will spoil your grandchildren, and they in turn spoil theirs. If an earlier end should happen to come to one, that is more reason to do things right” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1989, 72; or Ensign, May 1989, 59).
https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-and ... e?lang=eng
Teenagers would bear children in a few years say 1995 then add 18 more = 2003 + 13 years for their grand children to become teenagers = 2016 with most following soon thereafter. This compares well with Joseph Smith's "Rising Generation" Prophecy. viewtopic.php?t=31959

Lincoln83
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Lincoln83 »

I know this is being posted years later but perhaps someone may want to see it. For the earthquake and other events mentioned in Revelation 6:12-17. Maybe those were fulfilled in 3rd Nephi chapters 8-11.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Lincoln83 wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm I know this is being posted years later but perhaps someone may want to see it. For the earthquake and other events mentioned in Revelation 6:12-17. Maybe those were fulfilled in 3rd Nephi chapters 8-11.
This isn't actually a possibility. In D&C 29 we read:
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;
Section 29 was given in 1830, many years after the Lord appeared to the Nephites. We still have not seen this sign...

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

LukeAir2008 wrote: December 22nd, 2011, 9:30 pm Remember that on another thread we have someone else quoting Elder Ballard in saying that the Second Coming won't happen for a good while.

Ok so if the Seventh Seal did open in 2000 then we have 9 years to see the following fulfilled.

A war with Russia/China and total chaos in the United States.

The cleansing of the Church and the land of Zion possibly involving a desolating plague.

The gathering of the Saints from all lands to America.

The coming forth of the lost tribes from their hiding place to the land of Zion.

The conversion of the Lamanites.

The calling of the 144,000 missionaries/high priests and their final mission to the whole earth.

The building of the City of Zion.

The building of the Temple in Jerusalem.

The return of the ten tribes to Israel.

The reign of King David in Israel.

A brutal dictator/empire to rise up who will rule the rest of the earth.

A satanic religious order set up with false miracles and wonders displayed.

The Council at Adam Ondi Ahman with the appearance of Michael and Jehovah.

The Battle of Armageddon and the siege of Jerusalem.

All in 9 years?

If the Seventh Seal has opened then nothing is happening. We are slowly seeing one major-power (Anglo-American) trying to establish a global empire and set up a scenario where there will be major wars and conflict. But other than that nothing.

The missionaries haven't even completed their mission to the Gentiles yet which indicates that we're still in the times of the Gentlies.

Nah sorry. I'm not buying it. When the City of Zion is built and the Temple in Jerusalem then I'll know the end is near. :D
I chose to respond to Luke's because he put out some of the events of the last days well. We know from modern scripture that the opening of the 7th seal doesn't immediately start the Millenium, but has a huge phase of the wicked mostly, cleansing each other from the world, and from the Promised Land.

Have any of you been to the Gospel Principles class recently?

I ask this because a lot of this stuff is actually in the Gospel Principles class book. It outlines some of the deep things that people wonder about. This is significant because the Gospel Principles class is the very simple foundation of the Gospel Principles setup in a way that's not argued about, nor controversial. This class has been endorsed by prophets and apostles for quite awhile as being correct, and having the foundation material and knowledge.

The Gospel Principles book goes over some of the stuff above, including going over;

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-princ ... m?lang=eng Chapter 45 the Millenium, and

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-princ ... g?lang=eng Chapter 43...what happens before the Millenium

(Also the great hailstorm that will destroy the crops of the world hasn't yet happened. Some think this is linked to when Nibiru passes by Earth because the scriptures describe fire and ice raining down together.)

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/rev/8?lang=eng

Chapter 9 goes with Chapter 8. Also, Revelations 15 and 16 mentioning of the vials of judgments correspond with the trumpets. Also the events of the 7 judgements quoted here and the italics below is quoted from that link and not my words; https://www.lds.org/ensign/1983/10/book ... w?lang=eng

Final Judgments (Rev. 15:5–8; Rev. 16)

Seven angels pour forth judgments, as follows:

(1) A sore on the wicked (cf. Zech. 14:12; D&C 29:19); (2) sea becomes as blood; (3) fresh waters become as blood; (4) sun scorches men with great heat; (5) the Beast’s kingdom fills with darkness, and men gnaw tongues for pain and blaspheme God because of sores; (6) three great evil spirits influence men to battle at Armageddon (see also Ezek. 38–39; Joel 3:12–14; Zech. 12–14); (7) a voice from heaven says “It is done.” There are voices, thunders, lightnings, and the greatest earthquake in earth’s history; cities of nations fall; islands flee, and mountains are leveled; a great plague of hail.

(Side note; the #5,6, and 7 judgments are particularly emphasized as worse than the preceding 4 judgements in the scriptures.)

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

NoGreaterLove wrote: December 22nd, 2011, 2:25 pm
davedan wrote:But then D&C 29 says that the sun will be darkened, the moon turn to blood and the stars fall before the day of wrath.

But this could be referring to the 4th Trumpet of the Tribulation which has to do with sun, moon, stars and not to the opening of the 6th seal.
Then why does John say it happens in the sixth seal?
President Hinckley said the prophecy of Joel has been full filled in October 2001 General Conference:

"The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).

So whether it the seventh seal, or the six... the end days are here.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

What i read..."2012 Christ comes to NJ"

What i thought..."New Jersey? Why would Jesus go to New Jersey? Is there even a temple there?

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

I'm sure many do not know this
but, the 7 seals are NOT in chronological order.

If you think they are - please tell me how you can explain this ?
these things, at the opening of the sixth seal.
When did this happen ?
Has this already happened ? I don't think so.
sounds to me more like the end, after the 7th seal has been opened

LDS.ORG

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Stevon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Stevon »

It's all about perspective. Seen from end of time,which puts everything else in perspective.