Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
KOMYU
captain of 100

Re: Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul.

Post by KOMYU »

This thread seems like the very definition of insanity.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

KOMYU wrote:This thread seems like the very definition of insanity.
They don't call this the LDS Funny Farm for nothing! :D

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The following reasons for not voting for Ron Paul are, as I stated, reasons given me by other LDSs.

He is not popular and hasn't a chance of winning the GOP primary and is considered something of a joke by most American voters
A vote for Paul is one vote less and badly needed by Romney
He is not presidential material
We desperately need a Priesthood holder as US President
He does not have the business success that Romney has.
Since he is not a Priesthood holder he cannot receive inspiration from the Lord.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

lundbaek wrote:The following reasons for not voting for Ron Paul are, as I stated, reasons given me by other LDSs.

He is not popular and hasn't a chance of winning the GOP primary and is considered something of a joke by most American voters
A vote for Paul is one vote less and badly needed by Romney
He is not presidential material
We desperately need a Priesthood holder as US President
He does not have the business success that Romney has.
Since he is not a Priesthood holder he cannot receive inspiration from the Lord.

We heard you the first time Lundy. Got a bit of that dreaded obsessive compulsive action going on? :ymdevil: I feel your pain Bro. I often repeat things 3 times to the Mrs. and by the 3rd time she is ready to deck me. =p~

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Mark wrote:
Good point!

Good point!

Good point!

There three times Mark, now I fit in!
:D

Nan
captain of 1,000

Post by Nan »

No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
But the reality is that we can't go back to isolation. The world doesn't work that way anymore with how fast we can communicate. He has no skills in this area at all. And we know this area is going to get ugly for us eventually.

I just don't see that he has accomplished anything other than made people feel good. I want someone that can get results. I don't feel like he can do that. This is my biggest problems. I like many of his positions but he isn't an effective legislator. I even agree with him on many things. I just don't see him getting anything done and I need that capability in a president.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

KOMYU wrote:
Mark wrote:
Good point!

Good point!

Good point!

There three times Mark, now I fit in!
:D
Blood Brothers! ;)

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

ktg wrote:
durangout wrote: RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
If supporting EVERY view of your candidate is required, who do you support?
I agree with the sentiment of your questions above, but the reason I ask the question that I did was that the 9/11 Truthers on this site are (IMO) so rabidly supporting that notion that it makes no sense to me to support RB. In other words no, you will never find a candidate that agrees with you 100% but the 9/11 issues is the most improtant issue it seems to many here. So yet again I ask how can they support him?

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Nan wrote:No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
But the reality is that we can't go back to isolation. The world doesn't work that way anymore with how fast we can communicate. He has no skills in this area at all. And we know this area is going to get ugly for us eventually.

I just don't see that he has accomplished anything other than made people feel good. I want someone that can get results. I don't feel like he can do that. This is my biggest problems. I like many of his positions but he isn't an effective legislator. I even agree with him on many things. I just don't see him getting anything done and I need that capability in a president.
Speed of communication has nothing to do with isolationism in regards to national policy...in this context it means "Stay out of entangling alliances", "we do not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy", do not be the world's policeman, let alone impose your views & lifestyle on them, whether for political, commercial, or religious reasons...

What sort of results would be acceptable to you Nan? Especially given how deeply entrenched are wickedness, Powers That Be, and vested interests of all types, combined with the sorry state of the American public?

I humble invite you and others to share with us (maybe on a separate thread?) what results we should be looking for a candidate to have in order to be acceptable to us...
NEW Thread HERE: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=18958 "No Ron Paul? Who else, and why?"

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Nan wrote:His foreign policy is a disaster.
Read this.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

durangout wrote:
ktg wrote:
durangout wrote: RP refutes the 9/11 gov't consiracy therory--that's a fact. He said so in the debates. So I don't understand why so many of you (it seems like all of the 9/11 consiracy supporters support RP here) support him who is in complete opposition to your beliefs about 9/11?
If supporting EVERY view of your candidate is required, who do you support?
I agree with the sentiment of your questions above, but the reason I ask the question that I did was that the 9/11 Truthers on this site are (IMO) so rabidly supporting that notion that it makes no sense to me to support RB. In other words no, you will never find a candidate that agrees with you 100% but the 9/11 issues is the most improtant issue it seems to many here. So yet again I ask how can they support him?
Very good question Durangout. I hope there are some willing to answer this.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Nan wrote:No we shouldn't be in all the conflicts we are in.
"Already, I can hear the choir chanting 'isolationism, isolationism, he's turning back the clock to isolationism.' How many use that word without having the slightest idea of what it really means! The so-called isolationism of the United States in the past decades is pure myth. What is isolationism? Long before the current trend of revoking our Declaration of Independence under the guise of international cooperation, American influence and trade was felt in every region of the globe. Individuals and private groups spread knowledge, business, prosperity, religion, good will and, above all, respect throughout every foreign continent. It was not necessary then for America to give up her independence to have contact and influence with other countries. It is not necessary now. Yet, many Americans have been led to believe that our country is so strong that it can defend, feed and subsidize half the world, while at the same time believing that we are so weak and 'inter-dependent' that we cannot survive without pooling our resources and sovereignty with those we subsidize. If wanting no part of this kind of 'logic' is isolationism, then it is time we brought it back into vogue.
The United States should:
1. Establish and maintain a position of independence with regard to other countries.
2. Avoid political connection, involvement, or intervention in the affairs of other countries.
3. Make no permanent or entangling alliances.
4. Treat all nations impartially, neither granting nor accepting special privileges from any.
5. Promote commerce with all peoples and countries.
6. Cooperate with other countries to develop civilized rules of intercourse.
7. Act always in accordance with the 'laws of nations.'
8. Remedy all just claims of injury to other nations, and require just treatment from other nations, standing ready, if necessary, to punish offenders.
9. Maintain a defensive force of sufficient magnitude to deter aggressors."
-Ezra Taft Benson

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Simple. He is the best we got in the field, and the ONLY one who seems to even have a clue about what the Constitution means.

If he could survive rolling back all the unconstitutional junk and the wars (and the people follow and support him)...it would only be a matter of time before he realizes that 9/11 needs to be investigated a LOT more thoroughly - and he would allow it - if he didn't call for it himself (California has a petition campaign underway to get a referendum on the ballot demanding a new 9/11 investigation with full powers and independent of Federal control, and possibly with international backing).

It is also possible Ron Paul knows or at least strongly suspects USA complicity with 9/11 - but is in fear for his life if he declares his suspicion. The PTB can ignore you and me proclaiming suspicions - they cannot ignore Ron Paul and his followers proclaiming this (even while the media overlooks his candidacy), and he would have to be eliminated - with resulting convulsions greater than and conclusions more obvious than the JFK assassination.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

HeirofNumenor wrote:Simple. He is the best we got in the field, and the ONLY one who seems to even have a clue about what the Constitution means.

If he could survive rolling back all the unconstitutional junk and the wars (and the people follow and support him)...it would only be a matter of time before he realizes that 9/11 needs to be investigated a LOT more thoroughly - and he would allow it - if he didn't call for it himself (California has a petition campaign underway to get a referendum on the ballot demanding a new 9/11 investigation with full powers and independent of Federal control, and possibly with international backing).

It is also possible Ron Paul knows or at least strongly suspects USA complicity with 9/11 - but is in fear for his life if he declares his suspicion. The PTB can ignore you and me proclaiming suspicions - they cannot ignore Ron Paul and his followers proclaiming this (even while the media overlooks his candidacy), and he would have to be eliminated - with resulting convulsions greater than and conclusions more obvious than the JFK assassination.
Well the good news is I won't be supporting someone who is afraid to speak the truth because "his life may be in danger", whether he is the best candidate or not. By the way this surely doesn't sound like the founding fathers who knew by signing the declaration their very lives would be endangered and would have to sacrifice all. In which they did. I do cringe when many on this forum call RP a modern day founding father. But what do I know...I'm just a doctor. :))

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Joel Skousen on reasons TO vote for Ron Paul:

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

LOL...the thread or the topic that keeps getting recycled???

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

fwiw...

Ron Paul Reportedly Cuts Ties to Russian Channel
http://www.usasurvival.org/ck08.25.2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ron Paul booster’s show cancelled after FEC complaint
http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0 ... ml?showall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paid Russian Agent Kokesh Won't Discuss Rubles from Putin at Jefferson Memorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4D1Zl1OvZ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Jason wrote:

It does feel at times like we are in a perpetual groundhog day here Jason. :))

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Mark wrote:
Jason wrote:

It does feel at times like we are in a perpetual groundhog day here Jason. :))
Did you want to talk about the weather or were you just making chit chat...?

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

The only goofd reason I can come up with for not voting for Ron Paul is because there aren’t any valid elections in which to vote… according to that law which is constitutional, and so I won’t be voting for anybody for President, or any other office be it County, State, or Federal. We have been instructed through scripture to obey the law, and specifically, to obey that law which is constitutional. The voting process in the current situation comes of evil and I have chosen not to participate in the fraud. A vote for anyone in these phony elections is a wasted vote.

But if there were a valid election in current situation, Ron Paul would get my vote hands down! :D
Last edited by Toto on August 28th, 2011, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

By all means lets continue to attack all those on our side we may have disagreements with, my disagreement is with Obama;

Did you notice who Obama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling?

He threatened to not pay: Social Security Retirees, Military Retirees, Social Security disability and Federal Retirees.

He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens

He did not threaten to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates

He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired

He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting

He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff

He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients

He did not threaten the food stamp programs

He did not threaten to not pay foreign aid

He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters

The list could go on and on..
He is in full political re-election mode!
Why are we allowing this person to destroy this wonderful country with his selfishness and his lies?
His type of change is killing our country.
He needs to be stopped and only our votes can stop him.

Do not forget about his tactics when it's election time. It's him we should be attacking!
Vote Obama out of the Presidency in 2012.

wolfman
captain of 100

Post by wolfman »

On my way to church this morning I thought about a few threads on here, specifically about praying who to vote for. The Lord has said to study things out in your mind. If you take no thought but to ask I’m sure you could walk away with a warm fuzzy for Mitt Romney, but if you study things out how could Ron Paul NOT BE the right man for the job?? His whole message is LIBERTY, not some form of government controlled pseudo-liberty that we have all come to know and resent (love in some cases) for the past 50-100 years. I guarantee that the concept of the constitution restricting the Federal government has become so foreign to the rising generation – they think the role of government is to restrict the people, just talk to some young folks out there! Then the thought came to me that I shouldn’t be getting caught up in the thick of thin things. I would LOVE to see Ron Paul win, but does it really matter? We know who the god of this world is (Satan and his minions)We know who will win in the end, the plan of God will not be frustrated and surely all of the LORDS prophesies will be fulfilled. We know things are going to get much worse before they get better. Having a Priesthood holder in the White House won’t necessarily change much. Given the choice between a “priesthood holder” and someone who follows the principles of liberty with exactness, I would choose the latter. This country has fulfilled the measure of its creation: The foundation of a free society to usher in the Restored Gospel. The New Jerusalem will be built upon this continent, (not under "this government") Let God’s will be done upon this great whore Babylon, (since it’s going to be done anyway eventually.)

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Wolfman I would just like to give a little history. I once voted for someone because I did not want the other candidate in office. When I "pulled the lever" I immediately felt horrible. I felt as if I had done a huge wrong with my freedom to vote. I vowed from then on that I would never do that again. From then on I will study the candidates, then follow the spirit. In the past I thought RP was right about many issues but I just never felt right about him and I could not explain why. I simply didn't feel settled about him. Then Semp posted some letters on the forum between Alan Keyes and RP's front man. After reading the letters I knew immediately why I never felt settled about RP. The letters were very telling of RP's foundation which goes beyond his voting record and all of his lip service that keeps getting posted here as to convince one of his true beliefs. These letters are a way of looking into RP's beliefs without having cameras around and therefore bare more of truth than an interview with RP surrounded by cameras. I knew his foundation was skewed and that is enough for me. It goes beyond the constitution. We need to return or repent plain and simple. So you see there is a way I believe that the spirit could steer one away from RP. In answer to your question "if you study things out how could Ron Paul NOT BE the right man for the job??" it is simple, I have studied things out and I still don't feel prompted. Others have asked then who do you support and my answer is I will support who the spirit says I should. No longer will I vote for the lesser of the two evils. I simply will not vote if it doesn't feel right. Anywho I am just rambling now so I will stop. If leadership is a reflection of the people, then what would the people do with this form of liberty that RP advocates??? I don't feel anything would change. Convince me otherwise, I have no problem with correction.

wolfman
captain of 100

Post by wolfman »

One day at work in 2008 a friend of mine who happens to be black confided in me. He was disturbed because according to him all off his black friends were voting for Obama because he is black. The friend of mine thought Obama was a "smooth talking criminal". I find myself in my friends situation now. I feel all my Mormon friends are voting for Romney because he's Mormon. I fundamentally agree with Joel Skousen, every time he speaks I feel like he's articulating what's going on in my head. Romney isn't a bad guy and he's not part of the "conspiracy". Electing a president is by no mean electing a dictator and quite frankly if RP does get elected he has a high chance of being killed IMO. Ron Paul is grounded and guided by principle more so than any other candidate IMO. I know there has been some slander put out against him. I guess my whole point was in the end the Lords work will be done regardless of who wins the election. In the BOM the Lord has said either you serve me or you will be swept off the promised land, no president can alter the judgments of God that will shortly come to pass.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Wolfman
"I guess my whole point was in the end the Lords work will be done regardless of who wins the election. In the BOM the Lord has said either you serve me or you will be swept off the promised land, no president can alter the judgments of God that will shortly come to pass.'

Agreed