Best Place to Buy Guns?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sariel
captain of 100

Best Place to Buy Guns?

Post by Sariel »

Are the rifles at a place like Walmart made with the same parts as those you would buy at a gun shop etc.? I was reading about the Marlin 60 .22 and someone said the guns are made with cheaper parts at Walmart. It seems to me that they would all get the guns from the same place. Does anyone know? I rather just buy a gun at the cheapest place as long as it's the same gun.

firend
captain of 1,000

Re: Best Place to Buy Guns?

Post by firend »

Azriel wrote:Are the rifles at a place like Walmart made with the same parts as those you would buy at a gun shop etc.? I was reading about the Marlin 60 .22 and someone said the guns are made with cheaper parts at Walmart. It seems to me that they would all get the guns from the same place. Does anyone know? I rather just buy a gun at the cheapest place as long as it's the same gun.

yes, same parts, same warranty, etc.

Just like a bulk pack of .22 federal is the same at Walmart or whoever.

My suggestion, buy local if you can, stay away from that Slave store as much as possible. I know some people that bought ruger mini's from Walmart and they are the same gun as if from a local store. Here are some websights to check out if you can't find locally at a good price

Impactguns.com (i know there good)
budsgunshop.com
kvar.comm( i know there good)
Arsenalinc.com (i know there good)
atlanticfirearms.com

you could even try gunbroker.com kind of like ebay for guns.

Poltax
captain of 100

Post by Poltax »

Walmart can be a good place to pick up inexpensive weapons. Just be sure the model is the one that you want. Many times manufactures will make the same style of weapon or any product for that matter with a different model number for the discount type stores (walmart, costco, ect). Just do your research and make sure the model is the same as your looking.

Don't know where your located at but your local paper, online classifieds or KSL.com can be a great resource for picking up items. Face to face sales can have its advantages with no paper work depending on where you live.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

KSL classifieds...while they last!

fps.sledge
captain of 100

Post by fps.sledge »

firend wrote:
Azriel wrote: kvar.comm( i know there good)
Those other companies are fine but stay away from kvar unless your want to support a business who is unethical and immoral. The gun industry would be much safer without kvar around. Aspects of their business but the guy who runs it doesn't deserve anyones business. I won't get into details, but the owner used to take me out to dinner at steak houses and we had a good relationship til things went south. Stay away please.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

fps.sledge wrote:
firend wrote:
Azriel wrote: kvar.comm( i know there good)
Those other companies are fine but stay away from kvar unless your want to support a business who is unethical and immoral. The gun industry would be much safer without kvar around. Aspects of their business but the guy who runs it doesn't deserve anyones business. I won't get into details, but the owner used to take me out to dinner at steak houses and we had a good relationship til things went south. Stay away please.

My main reason for sighting kvar as being good really has to do with Arsenal products and bulgarian mags. What do they do which is unethical and immoral? The products I have seen by them are outstanding, but we are talking arsenal ak's and things. If they are not a good company morally I would like to know why so I can research this so I do not support them.

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

If you are in the Utah County area, Gunnies has some good deals. When Big 5 has sales on surplus rifles, you can get a good deal. Otherwise, I'd avoid Big 5. In SLC, Gallensens has a great selection of reloading supplies, though their firearms are a bit pricey. In Beaver, Utah there is a store in the middle of town of the west side of the road that has had some good deals. St. George has the Ace with a gun counter as well as Dixie Rod and Gun (or something like that). I have purcased from Sportsmans warehouse before (got a great deal on a muzzleloader) and will likely pick up a Turk 1911 there tomorrow. I've purchased from Walmart before and had no problems with their weapons. They are usually the best place to pick up .22 lr. There is patriot arms that occasionally has good deals on Redwood Road in West Jordan (I think). There are lots of good choices. It is too bad that Van Wagonens in Orem is no longer selling many firearms or much ammo. The owner could be really grumpy, however he had the best prices around and some of the best selection.
KSL.com is usually over priced I think. You may find a good deal if you look hard. I like to tempt myself with their Aircraft section. :-)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Jason wrote:KSL classifieds...while they last!
That was what I was going to suggest. I'd check out the Nickel ads or any other avenues of finding a private seller.

;)

Sariel
captain of 100

Post by Sariel »

Thanks everyone, it's good to get quick replies! It looks like I have the info I need. Thanks again.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Azriel wrote:Thanks everyone, it's good to get quick replies! It looks like I have the info I need. Thanks again.
"Get Some" off of 215 and state (south side of 215)....mostly tactical stuff and pistols.

KalelIsbell
captain of 100

Post by KalelIsbell »

Stay away from Impact Guns
my daughter worked there and
the way they fired Sterling was immoral.
This caused my daughter to quit and most the rest
of the staff, if they will treat someone who worked so hard
for them for so long this way, how could you trust them
to treat a customer any better?
So take my advice and stay away from Impact Guns...
you will regret it... X(

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Poltax wrote: May 5th, 2011, 9:59 am Walmart can be a good place to pick up inexpensive weapons. Just be sure the model is the one that you want. Many times manufactures will make the same style of weapon or any product for that matter with a different model number for the discount type stores (walmart, costco, ect). Just do your research and make sure the model is the same as your looking.

Don't know where your located at but your local paper, online classifieds or KSL.com can be a great resource for picking up items. Face to face sales can have its advantages with no paper work depending on where you live.
Is Utah still a "no papers" state for private sales?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I can recommend the pawn shop in Beaver. They have a large selection and should have anything you might be looking for. I can't specifically say make or model or price, but they are certainly worth a stop in to see.
dc

And I mean used. Which will mean lower price.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

David13 wrote: May 13th, 2017, 3:42 pm I can recommend the pawn shop in Beaver. They have a large selection and should have anything you might be looking for. I can't specifically say make or model or price, but they are certainly worth a stop in to see.
dc

And I mean used. Which will mean lower price.
Need FFL's for pawn shops? It's interesting how often we never consider pawn shops for things. I really should try it sometime.