Harry Reid Firesides ordered by Nevada's LDS Regional Rep?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Harry Reid Firesides ordered by Nevada's LDS Regional Re

Post by lundbaek »

I have to gree with the Col., if for no other reason than because of Reid's criticism of President Benson to the media after that speech he gave at BYU. Beyond that, his flagrant espousal of principles in opposition to constitutional principles sets a terrible example for anyone, members or investigators. From where I sit, (in Arizona) it appears a egregious mistake has been made.

Here in our stake, I would express my opposition to Mitt Romney speaking at such a church event, not just because of his demonstrated disdain for certain moral and constitutional principles, but even more because of his Moses at the bush statement. But I hope I would not picket or do anything that would cause the church embarrassment.

KOMYU
captain of 100

Post by KOMYU »

Harry Reid wont need us to protest at this fireside. It is real simple.
36 That the arights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be bcontrolled nor handled only upon the cprinciples of righteousness.
37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to acover our bsins, or to gratify our cpride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or ddominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens ewithdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.
There can be no Spirit there when half truths are taught. What will replace the spirit will be charisma and that is all. If he has any..

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

....oh so it will be like a Jon Bytheway Fireside. Well in that case I support it! :lol:

I guess if the local authorities are suporting it I would hesitiate to protest for the forsake of saving the church embarasement. But I hope that it was something they were 'asked' to do by Harry Rigdon..uh I mean Reid, and not soemthing they asked him to do.

Remember the corporate Church we all know is a creature of the state, the state controls it, and only allows the church to exist as long as the church behaves according to the states dictates.

"How are you going to separate the church from the state? The state controls the church absolutely, controls your property, controls your lives. It takes your property from you if it wishes, it presses you into service, it declares war or makes peace and you cannot avoid it, however much you may desire, and however much we may claim that we are independent, that what we have belongs to us. After all the finality is that the state controls us. Is it necessary or important, then, that good men administer public affairs, trustworthy men? It seems to me that it is; not only necessary, but absolutely indispensable, and that is the reason I am calling your attention to it. There can be no peace, there can be no perpetuity of the institutions of this country without it, there can be no proper development in this state of ours without it."--Elder Anthony W. Ivins April 1917 GC.

Post by Like »

Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... arry-reid/

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Mazal wrote:Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

Lowering the bar.

Mosby
captain of 1,000
Location: Mosby's Confederacy in the deep South of the People's Republic of Utah

Post by Mosby »

Wow- great posts by everyone - both pro and con.

I think that as Latter Day Saints, and Americans it is our DUTY to oppose those who would destroy our way of life. I have been very active in local politics in my small town and can honestly say that one of the biggest problems we have are LDS folks in that local government who are working (knowingly or unknowingly) to destroy our liberty.

God may strike me down, but if a "Bishop" or a "Stake President" is upholding laws that destroy my God-given freedoms and go against the Constitution- he's an enemy to me. Period.

This IS happening in my area, and thoughout Southern Utah.

Harry Reid is an enemy to the church, America, and unborn children- he needs to be opposed and jeered and mocked at every turn.

We cannot sit on our hands while evil men destroy our nation.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

***DISCLAIMER****

Picutre of HR giving the bird.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ ... -hones.jpg

This says it all.

This is the person the stake wants giving a fireside to a group of new members/investigators??? :?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:***DISCLAIMER****

Picutre of HR giving the bird.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ ... -hones.jpg

This says it all.

This is the person the stake wants giving a fireside to a group of new members/investigators??? :?
Well, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

haha funny picture. In fairness he could've been about to scratch his nose

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

SmallFarm wrote:haha funny picture. In fairness he could've been about to scratch his nose

Is that a Nevada thing?

Post by Like »

Fiannan wrote:
Mazal wrote:Did you know Harry was the Mormon of the year for 2009?

Lowering the bar.
Ha!

"Mittens" was the Mormon of the year in 2008

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... ar-romney/

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

LV Architect wrote:
roserum wrote:Perhaps you should remind your friend that he is only obligated to follow his priesthood leaders if they follow the Lord.
If you think that a member of the Quorum of the Seventy and a Stake President are not following the Lord, we have bigger problems than Harry Reid.

I have a personal knowledge, born of the Spirit, that these are good men who are leading the stakes of Zion. I am blessed to serve closely with them. They are not perfect but they lead us to Christ whom we should ultimately follow.

i am glad you aren't in my ward.
with all respects, in my opinion, this is the comment i would expect to hear from a fool, and a simpleton
wake up. this guy is gadianton. he does not reflect the values of the church or gospel

why i beleive...IN WHAT???????????? universal health care? abortion?

what a joke, grow a brain,

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Nan wrote:I think it is sad that not filing your taxes was more important to you then being worthy to go to the Temple. I hope you have changed that.
i haven't read on, so an sure he has replied, but can i comment

EVEN I IN AUSTRALIA KNOW YOUR 16TH AMENDMENT WAS NEVER RATIFIED
it is sad that people offer themselves to be robbed
it is even sadder that some regard obedience to organised theft as a prerequisite to temple attendance
i thought christ throwing teh moneychangers out of the temple meant something?
if i understand this man correctly, not wishing to participate in a corrupt system. obeying the law, fighting for his rights, standing for actual truth- they mean something
why must those things be linked to temple attendance on the back of an opinion by some local church rep?
why dump on this guy like this for not doing what he KNOWS is wrong?

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

kathyn wrote:Protesting at the event could cause so much harm to the church. .

HR speaking from a pulpit alone WILL cause harm to the church.

kathyn wrote:. This fireside isn't a political speech, .
ANY time a politician opens his mouth it is a political speech

if someone wants his testimony, look on youtube

i thought we led by the spirit, not the celebrity. who is more likely to convert, the spirit, or a politician or sports star or an actor? such a throwaback idea this.

lead by the spirit. let the mission president speak. he can convert by the spirit.

this is a sick joke and an insult.

Mosby
captain of 1,000
Location: Mosby's Confederacy in the deep South of the People's Republic of Utah

Post by Mosby »

this guy is gadianton. he does not reflect the values of the church or gospel

why i beleive...IN WHAT???????????? universal health care? abortion?
Exactly.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

AussieOi wrote:
Nan wrote:I think it is sad that not filing your taxes was more important to you then being worthy to go to the Temple. I hope you have changed that.
i haven't read on, so an sure he has replied, but can i comment

EVEN I IN AUSTRALIA KNOW YOUR 16TH AMENDMENT WAS NEVER RATIFIED
it is sad that people offer themselves to be robbed
it is even sadder that some regard obedience to organised theft as a prerequisite to temple attendance
i thought christ throwing teh moneychangers out of the temple meant something?
if i understand this man correctly, not wishing to participate in a corrupt system. obeying the law, fighting for his rights, standing for actual truth- they mean something
why must those things be linked to temple attendance on the back of an opinion by some local church rep?
why dump on this guy like this for not doing what he KNOWS is wrong?

THANK YOU OI!

Here's something ironic for you folks out there... here's Harry Reid himself telling us that paying federal income taxes is VOLUNTARY! (but that's of course, only for the elites like himself.. the rest of us go to jail)

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

AussieOi wrote:
kathyn wrote:. This fireside isn't a political speech, .
ANY time a politician opens his mouth it is a political speech
Or a PR stunt. Take your pick.

Bud
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Bud »

That is my understanding. That same Democrat politician "Reg Rep" has a reputation for taking personal gifts for political favors. My son, a return missionary, witnessed this in Henderson and was DEEPLY troubled by it. He is reported to be the one behind all this. One has to wonder how much in federal work his attorney son is getting from Reid!

If this were Reid's opponent or Mitt Romney I would feel the same way. It is my church that politcal hacks are destroying. It is wrong to mix use of the church buildings with politics.

You have a corrupt leader in the church you don't follow them blindly into a huge mistake.

These actions will jeopardize the church's tax exempt status. Read Dallin Oaks' 2002 Talk about church leaders being "used" by politicians and the need to prevent it.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I exhort those of you who feel you can make a good case for wrongdoing in Harry Reid being invited to give a fireside to please write directly to the First Presidency. I did just that when Reid told members of the media that President Benson had led members down the wrong path a few years ago, and I was informed via our stake president tnd branch prresident that the First Presidency knew about it. I'm sorry I cannot make such a case on the basis of info I have.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

Man, and I was ripped for 'throwing rocks' at church leaders. If what you say is true, Bud, I'm stunned. It really clarifies the picture of what's going on.

State your case to whomever you think is appropriate, but don't steady the ark.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Here's something interesting:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html
Reid voted no on the bill before realizing his mistake and switching his vote to yes with a smile. The chamber broke into laughter when Reid cast the vote, CBS News Capitol Hill producer John Nolen reports, perhaps because the majority leader made the same mistake during passage of the Senate health care bill on Christmas Eve.

After the Christmas Eve vote, Reid quipped, "I spent a very restless night last night trying to figure out how I could show some bipartisanship. And I think I was able to accomplish that for a few minutes today."

Reid's office said his "no" vote this afternoon was a mistake, not a joke.
Maybe he is senile. As one commenter posted: "Now he can honestly tell his constituents that he actually voted against the health care bill."

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Wiikwajio wrote:I have just been informed by a VERY reliable source that the Regional Rep that covers Las Vegas area has called the Stake Presidents in Clark County to have Firesides where Harry Reid will come and give the Fireside.... I will keep you all informed as I learn more. I have been asked to get the News Media involved. Maybe lead a protest at one of the Firesides. Anyone want to come help?
Please do keep us informed. (email me the details when you get them).

I would love to attend. Not to protest, but as an opportunity to get another perspective on Reid. Not that I would ever agree with the way he violates his Oath of Office as a Senator, but to see the other side of him and get a better idea of him in that light.

Wiikwajio

Post by Wiikwajio »

kathyn wrote:LV architect is the voice of reason here. Listen to him, please. Protesting at the event could cause so much harm to the church. There must be other avenues where one can voice his concern. You can justify doing protesting at this event, but it will still be wrong. This fireside isn't a political speech, this is about faith. So let it be, for heaven's sake. Do you really think this fireside will change anyone's vote? I don't. Far worse damage will occur from protesting than can occur from a talk.
What kind of damage to the Church do you believe allowing it to occur will cause?

Do you have any idea what I am hearing about this?

Do you not understand that many in my family have stopped attending Church because of the local leadership support for Harry Reid? There are TWO sides to every coin.

Is my family so unimportant to you?

The Fireside IS a political event because it is being held in a political year where Harry Reid is fighting for his political life. A pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. It is a political event BECAUSE Harry Reid is the Majority Leader in the US Senate and whatever he says is news and political and any one that does not understand that is politically ignorant.

I KNOW that a TWO Stake Presidents sent out a letter up in Reno to support a political criminal State Assemblyman and that those TWO Stake President owed that criminal a favor. I know that and a good honest LDS candidate lost by 7 votes BECAUSE of that letter. All that letter had to do was to change 4 votes. I know that the first time Harry Reid ran for US Senate we helped to beat him (Paul Laxalt won) and he lost by very few votes. I know that an evil tree cannot have good fruit and I know that Harry Reid is a bad and wicked tree.

If the Seventy is promoting evil then it our DUTY to stand up and say NO! It is better that one Seventy be exposed as a Marxist than a whole nation should dwindle in unbelief?

Wiikwajio

Post by Wiikwajio »

Mosby wrote:
God may strike me down, but if a "Bishop" or a "Stake President" is upholding laws that destroy my God-given freedoms and go against the Constitution- he's an enemy to me. Period.

Harry Reid is an enemy to the church, America, and unborn children- he needs to be opposed and jeered and mocked at every turn.
AMEN!

And if God strikes you down for opposing a wicked bishop or Stake President then he is not a God I would support.