LDSFF Stake and Wards (what do you think?)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

LDSFF Stake and Wards (what do you think?)

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

After last weekend, and now that this LDSFF is our unofficial Sunday school discussion class, just thought about how this LDSFF is functioning to a small degree like a WARD or STAKE...

Hypothetical... (chime in please where you feel to do so, absolutely no cynicism, criticism, or characterization meant here)

Stake Name: LDSFF
Stake Presidency: BrianM, Marc, and (after prayerful consideration, A Random Phrase)

Stake presidency here in this hypothetical LDSFF online stake however stake pres. members are not here to preach to all of us as much as to moderate as the Spirit directs them to allow TRUTH to be shared, taught, discussed, and otherwise amongst LDSFF Stake members.

LDSFF 1st Ward
Bishopric: Jules, Obrien, Ajax, Muerte Rosa
Notice the opposing counselors and women within the bishopric? allowing for LOVING insights, counsel, and meetings to occur in behalf of the areas of their ward (forum areas or the hallways they frequent)

LDSFF 2nd Ward
Bishopric: Tony, Bee Prepared, Kathyn, BalaamDoctrineLDS (now here is a dynamic of a bishopric eh?)
Notice again how unique each bishopric member is, with the purpose of not allowing one over the other to dominate the spontaneity of the Spirit in the ward.

Sunday School (heavenly gift)
For those who chose to go to the HG sunday school class, please knock on the door down there, Jules or someone else in the class presidency will let you in or not depending on your current beliefs? But I'm sure they will just let you in if they were to see you in person.

Sunday School (marriage prep class 1)
Class Presidency: Muerte Rosa, Obrien, Ajax
Class not for the faint of heart.

Sunday School (marriage prep class 2)
Class Presidency: Marc, Bee Prepared, Rewcox
CLass for the more faint of heart

Sunday School (Joseph the Prophet)

First Pres and Q12: Lizzy60, Braingrunt, KMCopeland, Rock Waterman, ldssaint007, smallfarm, jezebel, original_intent, A Random Phrase, freedomforall, TannerG, jwharton, Thinker, Bro Jones, brlenox

With the above we will be in good hands, good mix, and revelation flowing I'm sure of it!

Bodyguards to the First Pres and Q12: shadow, Daryl, Robin Hood, Sirocco, log (watch out), mes5464

The point of this hypothetical off the top of my head exersize is to maybe invite us to realize what is going on here on this LDSFF with fellow saints no matter where they are at currently.

We have closed classrooms due to difference of beliefs within the same gospel supposedly. We have certain frequent hallway cliques if you will hanging around the classroom where their buddies are at, rather than down the other hallway where the other people attend the same class but with different buddies. We have presidency meetings in private closed door rooms, no different than meetings we see in the church. We have rumors, idle gossip, inspired teachers, etc..

Just curious as to what you see in this hypothetical LDSFF Stake, ward, classrooms, leaders, memberships. Would such a stake or ward as these survive? Could such a hypothetical stake as this LDSFF Stake truly build Zion? Why or why not. Why can't we as a LDSFF community of believers build the Zion we understand, what keeps us from that vision?

I truly believe if we could all sit in the same chapel this Sunday and approach all these topics, we would change how we react and act towards one another, maybe, just maybe allowing more room to each individual's beliefs, insights, and feelings.
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 12th, 2015, 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: LDSFF Stake and Wards (what do you think?)

Post by Obrien »

=))
Obrien as a councilor...that's rich.
Although, if I had to pick the bishop to serve with, it would be Jules. Til that's a possibility, I'll pass.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Are we putting inactives in key positions? Is that how we are trying to reactivate them? Kathyn and Rewcox have not graced us with their presence in many months. ;)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Obrien wrote:=))
Obrien as a councilor...that's rich.
Although, if I had to pick the bishop to serve with, it would be Jules. Til that's a possibility, I'll pass.
:ymblushing:

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Hey, your cheeks match your hair.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Muerte Rosa wrote:Does that make me the money guy? We're screwed already!!!
No, it will be you and Jules running the ward - ajax and i will likely be MIA.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Lizzy60 wrote:Are we putting inactives in key positions? Is that how we are trying to reactivate them? Kathyn and Rewcox have not graced us with their presence in many months. ;)
Kathyn told me that she's been banned from the forum. Rewcox, I'm not so sure.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I knew she was on The Other Forum (friends and fun) but I didn't ever imagine she had been banned here. I never read any posts of hers that I felt were out of line. Quite the opposite. But then, who can read everything, and there's always the PM's.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

I'm on that other forum too (disclosure), but the forum seems quite boring now these days as hardly anyone posts there anymore. This forum is MUCH more active. And it has taught me to be patient with those who disagree with me. My maturity level I feel has increased though I still have more work to do.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

No thanks. I'll be the guy who mows the lawn and takes care of the garbage, etc.

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

Balaam, I totally agree that we would all get along much better in person.

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

Robert Sinclair can be the ward clerk.

I hope Thinker is teaching or is in the Sunday school presidency.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

samizdat wrote:I'm on that other forum too (disclosure), but the forum seems quite boring now these days as hardly anyone posts there anymore. This forum is MUCH more active. And it has taught me to be patient with those who disagree with me. My maturity level I feel has increased though I still have more work to do.
Oh hell, Sam... I've posted more over there than you have. And I am less active there than I am at hometeaching (and that is VERY inactive).

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Obrien wrote: ajax and i will likely be MIA.
Yep. And in real life I always sat in the back and never made comments, well except the comments to other back-seaters making fun of other people. So virtually MIA.
Muerte Rosa wrote:You guys can stay home and drink beer right?
Haven't had a beer in like a month. But it's starting to get warm around here.
marc wrote:No thanks. I'll be the guy who mows the lawn and takes care of the garbage, etc.
I'll be the guy not mowing my lawn or taking out my garbage so marc has something to do.
TannerG wrote:Balaam, I totally agree that we would all get along much better in person.
Hmmm, you obviously don't know me.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Lizzy60 wrote:Are we putting inactives in key positions? Is that how we are trying to reactivate them? Kathyn and Rewcox have not graced us with their presence in many months. ;)
:D :ymhug:

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

I failed to do a hypothetical First presidency...

First Pres and Q12: Lizzy60, Braingrunt, KMCopeland, Rock Waterman, ldssaint007, smallfarm, jezebel, original_intent, A Random Phrase, freedomforall, TannerG, jwharton, Thinker, Bro Jones, brlenox

With the above we will be in good hands, good mix, and revelation flowing I'm sure of it!

Bodyguards to the First Pres and Q12: shadow, Daryl, Robin Hood, Sirocco, log (watch out), mes5464
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 12th, 2015, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

BalaamDoctrineLDS wrote:
:D :ymhug:
Reactivation Commitee:
Tony, Jules, Marc, Obrien, Ajax
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on April 12th, 2015, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Wait who do I need to protect and why?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

samizdat wrote:
I have it on fairly good gossip that Rewcox is happier puttering with his grandkids than puttering with a bunch of apostates on the forum. Apparently he is still alive and well. Which is a good thing. :ymhug: for Rewcox.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Obrien wrote:
Not under MY stewardship.... ;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

samizdat wrote:
Kaythyn has NOT been banned. I checked her stats. She hasn't even been warned once for anything. Matter of fact, she was last active in January, so she still lurks on here.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Jules wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Not under MY stewardship.... ;)
Excellent - we'll be running with the strongwoman model.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

We might need a first aid kit at our meetings, because somebody might get Stung! :))

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

We need a good activities committee for our first road show.

Phoenixstar117
captain of 100

Post by Phoenixstar117 »

I'll take on the role of angsty rebel. Long hair, goatee, and playing Clash of Clans on my cell phone during meetings.