"Spirit Children" Where did our Spirit really come from?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
jwharton
captain of 1,000

Re: "Spirit Children" Where did our Spirit really come from?

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:I agree with your wording...
Jwharton wrote: Where spiritual procreation comes into play, and it most definitely does, is when the Priesthood Body receives the Word of God and the intelligences receive it into their hearts and minds and by virtue of this process of organizing their intelligence they come to life and become a newborn spirit birthed into the Church, the Bride of Christ.
Interesting way of saying the same thing as the scriptures call being "born again".... "new creatures in Christ" ... "put on the new man" .... all these phrases describe the "new covenant" of becoming a manifestation of godliness, in thought, word and deed. It is what Lectures on Faith is all about...

16 These teachings of the Savior must clearly show unto us the nature of salvation; and what he proposed unto the human family when he proposed to save them—That he proposed to make them like unto himself; and he was like the Father, the great prototype of all saved beings: And for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved; and to be unlike them is to be destroyed: and on this hinge turns the door of salvation.

17 Who cannot see, then, that salvation is the effect of faith? for as we have previously observed, all the heavenly beings work by this principle; and it is because they are able so to do that they are saved: for nothing but this could save them. And this is the lesson which the God of heaven, by the mouth of all his holy prophets, has been endeavoring to teach to the world. Hence we are told, that without faith it is impossible to please God; and that salvation is of faith, that it might be by grace to the end, the promise might be sure to all the seed. Romans 4:16:—And that Israel, who followed after the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law; for they stumbled at that stumbling stone. Romans 9:32 (Lecture 7: 16-17).

This process according to your words is "the very process of spiritual procreation..." I agree! I see what you are saying now! "And for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into there likeness is to be saved" ... this process is indeed "spiritual"... it is the "spirit of the law" that saves and the "letter of the law" is the "form and structure" of all religions pointing our "spiritual minds" to the "spirit of the law." It is the "spirit of the law" that gives sense to the "letter of the law." Are we on the same page?
Yes, it does seem to me that you are getting there.

And, I hope, as you see the way I am putting it, that you can see we are literally in the exact same state now as hopefully spiritually reborn souls as we look back to when we were born as spirits in the previous cycle of creation.

The Melchizedek Priesthood Body is Adam and the Church Body is Eve and they are again here multiplying and replenishing the earth with spiritual offspring by preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and raising up spiritual seed in the church, which is why we call one another brothers and sisters. This is also why the narrative of the saints is such a perfect parallel to the narrative of Adam and Eve. Collectively, we literally are them. We are the new Adam and Eve who were in the Garden in Jackson Co. Missouri who transgressed, fell and were driven out, etc. Once you can tap into exploring this tangibly real body of flesh and bone of our Father and our God Adam, we are then able to understand why He is the only God with whom we have to do. We are then able to grasp what also amounts to a true and perfect understanding of God the Father who was the Adam of this cycle about to come to a close.

As man (Adam) now is, God once was.
As God now is, man (Adam) may become.

This is our potential as a Priesthood Body, which Body shall rule and reign during the Millennium. If your eyes are opened to see this, then your eyes are now opened wide to see the flesh and bone body of your Father and your God. You are also able to see and know how things went in our beginning because being in the ending is simultaneously being in a new beginning. Knowing Adam is also knowing the end and the beginning, the Alpha and the Omega.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote:
SkyBird wrote:I agree with your wording...
Jwharton wrote: Where spiritual procreation comes into play, and it most definitely does, is when the Priesthood Body receives the Word of God and the intelligences receive it into their hearts and minds and by virtue of this process of organizing their intelligence they come to life and become a newborn spirit birthed into the Church, the Bride of Christ.
Interesting way of saying the same thing as the scriptures call being "born again".... "new creatures in Christ" ... "put on the new man" .... all these phrases describe the "new covenant" of becoming a manifestation of godliness, in thought, word and deed. It is what Lectures on Faith is all about...

16 These teachings of the Savior must clearly show unto us the nature of salvation; and what he proposed unto the human family when he proposed to save them—That he proposed to make them like unto himself; and he was like the Father, the great prototype of all saved beings: And for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved; and to be unlike them is to be destroyed: and on this hinge turns the door of salvation.

17 Who cannot see, then, that salvation is the effect of faith? for as we have previously observed, all the heavenly beings work by this principle; and it is because they are able so to do that they are saved: for nothing but this could save them. And this is the lesson which the God of heaven, by the mouth of all his holy prophets, has been endeavoring to teach to the world. Hence we are told, that without faith it is impossible to please God; and that salvation is of faith, that it might be by grace to the end, the promise might be sure to all the seed. Romans 4:16:—And that Israel, who followed after the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law; for they stumbled at that stumbling stone. Romans 9:32 (Lecture 7: 16-17).

This process according to your words is "the very process of spiritual procreation..." I agree! I see what you are saying now! "And for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into there likeness is to be saved" ... this process is indeed "spiritual"... it is the "spirit of the law" that saves and the "letter of the law" is the "form and structure" of all religions pointing our "spiritual minds" to the "spirit of the law." It is the "spirit of the law" that gives sense to the "letter of the law." Are we on the same page?
Yes, it does seem to me that you are getting there.

And, I hope, as you see the way I am putting it, that you can see we are literally in the exact same state now as hopefully spiritually reborn souls as we look back to when we were born as spirits in the previous cycle of creation.

The Melchizedek Priesthood Body is Adam and the Church Body is Eve and they are again here multiplying and replenishing the earth with spiritual offspring by preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and raising up spiritual seed in the church, which is why we call one another brothers and sisters. This is also why the narrative of the saints is such a perfect parallel to the narrative of Adam and Eve. Collectively, we literally are them. We are the new Adam and Eve who were in the Garden in Jackson Co. Missouri who transgressed, fell and were driven out, etc. Once you can tap into exploring this tangibly real body of flesh and bone of our Father and our God Adam, we are then able to understand why He is the only God with whom we have to do. We are then able to grasp what also amounts to a true and perfect understanding of God the Father who was the Adam of this cycle about to come to a close.

As man (Adam) now is, God once was.
As God now is, man (Adam) may become.

This is our potential as a Priesthood Body, which Body shall rule and reign during the Millennium. If your eyes are opened to see this, then your eyes are now opened wide to see the flesh and bone body of your Father and your God. You are also able to see and know how things went in our beginning because being in the ending is simultaneously being in a new beginning. Knowing Adam is also knowing the end and the beginning, the Alpha and the Omega.
jwharton wrote: Collectively, we literally are them.
Thanks for sharing your "literal" interpretation... which to me is very symbolic and metaphorical... all pointing to our spiritual evolution of becoming as god/God is.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:
Thanks for sharing your "literal" interpretation... which to me is very symbolic and metaphorical... all pointing to our spiritual evolution of becoming as god/God is.
Sigh... To each their own...

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote:
SkyBird wrote:
I am sure the adamic language will clear a lot of things up when it comes to communication and trying to get an idea across.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:
jwharton wrote:
SkyBird wrote: jwharton wrote:
"Collectively, we literally are them."

I am sure the adamic language will clear a lot of things up when it comes to communication and trying to get an idea across.
The Adamic language is the basis of what I am trying to help you see.
It isn't some other language. Adamic is able to be translated into all the spoken languages.
Adamic is the method of symbol decipherment that gets you all the way to the fully decoded tangible reality of what holy writ is actually saying.

The whole key and mother-lode to deciphering the Adamic language is to apply Genesis 2:4 to the creation account.

These are the generations (people)...

It's all about people.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

SkyBird wrote:Okay let’s bring this to a conclusion… going back to the OP, I asked a question as a small boy…

I asked my mother the “God question:” “Where did the Gods get there spirit bodies from?” Her answer was: “Well they got there “spirit bodies” from their Father and Mother in Heaven.” And then I asked, “Well, where did that Father and Mother in Heaven get their “spirit bodies?” She said, it just keeps going back in an endless genealogy to their Father and Mother in Heaven and so on forever. But “mom” I said, there has to be a first just like there was a 1st Adam and Eve on the earth for our mortal bodies. Then she said, “There has always been a God, don’t worry about it.” That satisfied me for the time but it didn’t really make sense. It was years later that I learned by studying and pondering the scriptures and reading and pondering some sermons of Joseph Smith that God has not always been a “God.” I learned that “as man is now, God once was: and as God is now, man may become.” Now that made sense to me and produced further questions regarding “spirit bodies” and their origins.

And when I read Abraham 3: 18-19 later in life it made more sense to me that our “spirit bodies” and the “spirit bodies” of all creatures great and small have always existed.

Howbeit that he made the greater star; as, also, if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.
19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am more intelligent than they all.

(Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:18 - 19)

I know some on this form want to ignore, deny, avoid, dismiss, and argue what the Prophet Joseph Smith said on the 7 April 1844 about the origin of our spirit bodies. Frankly and honestly speaking I feel that what the Prophet said in this sermon answered all my questions I had as a little boy about the origin of our spirits and is in perfect harmony to all the current scriptures we have today (it is just that many, many are interpreting them wrongly and incorrectly, based on pro-creation in mortality). Its okay, they can have there opinions. If you really want to know the truth on this subject, I mean the absolute truth, then ask Father or Christ in a "face to face" experience (period). Until then you are just sharing your opinion as I am. And, yes I may seem adamant about my opinion, but that is the joy of posting on this form.

The fact is IMO, through correct analysis of what the Prophet Joseph said and Abraham 3: 18-19, our spirit bodies have simply always existed; we truly are eternal beings of light, truth and intelligence. The Prophet Joseph is right on and the notion many have today that the “Gods” give birth to our spirits is a lie, a falsehood, a distortion of the truth… it makes no sense! And why doesn’t it make sense? Because if you ask the question, “where did the “Gods” who birthed your spirit body, get there spirit bodies? The truthful answer is, “that is not how it started!”

Taking the current LDS view is not logical to me. If I assume immortal resurrected beings (Male and Female God’s) procreate and produce a spirit body for (“intelligences” that have always existed) I am assuming illogical reasoning, and this is why. If I do the math or the genealogy of this “belief,” I can only go back so far. I come to a point in this belief that makes no sense. The question all must ask is, “where did the 1st Male and Female God get there “spirit bodies?” This is a very intelligent question! And the Prophet Joseph Smith answered it profoundly and the Church since has deaf ears to this truth. Why? There is a reason the Church has left the "truth" that the Prophet Joseph and Abraham taught.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 13:11 - 13)
The reason that the assumption that spirit body structure has just "always been that way" doesn't answer the question for me is because, Joseph Smith also said in King Follet reports that there would be infants on thrones. Some of us that believe the teachings of more modern prophets know that was either an incorrect assumption by the prophet or mistaken reporting. It stands to reason that if this is what the prophet meant, then the same kind of argument can be made. It was a theory that the Prophet Joseph had, and it is wrong. I believe in the teaching that Spirit Children are organized.

I used to believe that things can have complex structure by "always being that way." I no longer believe this. Things must be organized from whatever form they were previous to being organized. It is true that some things can form together in chaotic fashion, but that isn't really order. That is just how clumps of stuff happen to clump together haphazardly before they are truly given form by intelligent beings. I believe it is possible that "turtles all the way down" is the truth about the race of the Gods, where it has always been, and always will be. But it has always been older Gods forming newer Gods out of the stuff of the Gods. And the "factory" for a God to be formed from that pre-existent stuff is the Womb of the Mother.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

Okay... interesting concept but it lacks development. "Gods' have not always existed... they evolved as we will.
Last edited by SkyBird on March 4th, 2015, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote: The Adamic language is the basis of what I am trying to help you see.
It isn't some other language. Adamic is able to be translated into all the spoken languages.
Adamic is the method of symbol decipherment that gets you all the way to the fully decoded tangible reality of what holy writ is actually saying.

The whole key and mother-lode to deciphering the Adamic language is to apply Genesis 2:4 to the creation account.

It's all about people.
So explain... it may be off the OP topic... but I am interested to here you out.

4 ¶ These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

(Old Testament | Genesis 2:4)[/quote]

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:
jwharton wrote: The Adamic language is the basis of what I am trying to help you see.

It's all about people.
So explain... it may be off the OP topic... but I am interested to here you out.

4 ¶ These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

(Old Testament | Genesis 2:4)
I have done this in more detail elsewhere, but I'll just talk about the rest of this verse specifically.

The word "generations" means it all pertains to people.
The word "heavens" are the governing people.
The word "earth" are the governed people.
The word "created" means they were organized into these divisions and categories aforementioned.
The phrase "in the day" means that this process of creation took an entire millennium.

So, the simple and plain rendering of this passage, as I read it, could be paraphrased to say:

All of the things just mentioned in the 7 days of creation is in some manner a symbolic representation of all of the people who are organized into the eternal family of the LORD God. They are principally divided between those who are people who shall have the right of governance and those who are to be governed. The process of organizing all of these people into these various levels of glory and dominion took a period of about 1,000 years.

Some additional commentary I add to this is to further say that the LORD God who performs this work is Adam who does this labor during His Millennial reign, with the assistance of Eve, His Bride. When Adam and Eve are commanded to bring all creatures to them and to give unto them a name, this is in fact them performing the work of organizing a whole new cycle of creation, the one that they shall become the God of.

I further add that this is in fact an immediate reality that is currently underway. Not merely an analogy or a metaphor, but an absolute and tangible reality. This is the exact same purpose of doing work for the dead in our temples by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood with the assistance of Eve, the helpmeet and companion to Adam, the Bride of Christ, the Church. We are calling to the attention of the Melchizedek Priesthood the souls of all "creatures" and giving them a new name and sealing them into the new creation that is in the future. We also know that this work will continue throughout the remainder of the Millennium, minus a short season at the end of it. This is the work of Adam and Eve and it is therefore the current work of the Priesthood and the Church because we collectively are them.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote:
SkyBird wrote:

It's all about people.

(Old Testament | Genesis 2:4)
I have done this in more detail elsewhere, but I'll just talk about the rest of this verse specifically.

The word "generations" means it all pertains to people.
The word "heavens" are the governing people.
The word "earth" are the governed people.
The word "created" means they were organized into these divisions and categories aforementioned.
The phrase "in the day" means that this process of creation took an entire millennium.

So, the simple and plain rendering of this passage, as I read it, could be paraphrased to say:

All of the things just mentioned in the 7 days of creation is in some manner a symbolic representation of all of the people who are organized into the eternal family of the LORD God. They are principally divided between those who are people who shall have the right of governance and those who are to be governed. The process of organizing all of these people into these various levels of glory and dominion took a period of about 1,000 years.

Some additional commentary I add to this is to further say that the LORD God who performs this work is Adam who does this labor during His Millennial reign, with the assistance of Eve, His Bride. When Adam and Eve are commanded to bring all creatures to them and to give unto them a name, this is in fact them performing the work of organizing a whole new cycle of creation, the one that they shall become the God of.

I further add that this is in fact an immediate reality that is currently underway. Not merely an analogy or a metaphor, but an absolute and tangible reality. This is the exact same purpose of doing work for the dead in our temples by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood with the assistance of Eve, the helpmeet and companion to Adam, the Bride of Christ, the Church. We are calling to the attention of the Melchizedek Priesthood the souls of all "creatures" and giving them a new name and sealing them into the new creation that is in the future. We also know that this work will continue throughout the remainder of the Millennium, minus a short season at the end of it. This is the work of Adam and Eve and it is therefore the current work of the Priesthood and the Church because we collectively are them.
Thanks for sharing that insight. I believe that has real merit to it. As an insight of mine, when ever it talks of "priesthood" (Aaronic or Melchizedek) in the scriptures it is referring to a "spiritual cloak of righteousness" or aura that emanates from within going outward, touching and penetrating all things in holiness. When holy covenants/commitments are made between people of righteousness it "seals" them literally... this is how "sealing's" really work in all glories, worlds, cycles.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:Thanks for sharing that insight. I believe that has real merit to it. As an insight of mine, when ever it talks of "priesthood" (Aaronic or Melchizedek) in the scriptures it is referring to a "spiritual cloak of righteousness" or aura that emanates from within going outward, touching and penetrating all things in holiness. When holy covenants/commitments are made between people of righteousness it "seals" them literally... this is how "sealing's" really work in all glories, worlds, cycles.
Good to hear I was able to write in a way you could get more clarity.

And, its a bonus that you see potential merit in it as well.

Thanks and you are welcome too!
Last edited by jwharton on March 5th, 2015, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote:
SkyBird wrote:Thanks for sharing that insight. I believe that has real merit to it. As an insight of mine, when ever it talks of "priesthood" (Aaronic or Melchizedek) in the scriptures it is referring to a "spiritual cloak of righteousness" or aura that emanates from within going outward, touching and penetrating all things in holiness. When holy covenants/commitments are made between people of righteousness it "seals" them literally... this is how "sealing's" really work in all glories, worlds, cycles.
Good to hear I was able to write in a way you could get more clarity.

And, its a bonus that you see potential merit in it as well.

Thanks and your are welcome too!
How did you come by this understanding?

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:How did you come by this understanding?
It has come to me a piece at a time, but there was one water-shed moment where a lot of things snapped into a sharp focus.
I went into more detail in the thread called Leave Cosmology to the Cosmologists.
I also shared some in this other thread A cleansing is coming, then what?

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

jwharton wrote:
It has come to me a piece at a time, but there was one water-shed moment where a lot of things snapped into a sharp focus.
I went into more detail in the thread called Leave Cosmology to the Cosmologists.
That is good...

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
(Old Testament | Isaiah 28:9 - 10)

It has been the same for me, however, I did receive two dreams/visions that opened my eyes to some eternal truths that I am grateful for.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

SkyBird wrote:
jwharton wrote:
That is good...

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
(Old Testament | Isaiah 28:9 - 10)

It has been the same for me, however, I did receive two dreams/visions that opened my eyes to some eternal truths that I am grateful for.
I am grateful to have opportunity to exchange with you and work on being able to communicate beyond the limited words we are constrained by. When people have opportunities to see things for themselves, our understandings are obscured by our own limited ability to articulate them and further compounded by the listeners filters and limited ability to relate.

It takes patience and charity on the part of the teacher and the student to get beyond all of those barriers and to ultimately attain that unity of spirit and purpose based upon a solid understanding of truth. God gives bits and pieces of His truths to many people to see if we can all learn how to both be effective teachers to share our pieces and to be effective students to receive the pieces we are missing.

The conclusion I have reached, as far as waiting for the Lord to return, is He is already here among us, we just have not as of yet been able to be patient and charitable enough with each other to fully assemble His body, which we are collectively speaking.

We are who we are waiting for.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

Very well said jwharton... thank you for the exchange.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

I saw this and just wanted to reply that I had a dream one night of Heavenly Father creating me, I saw him call upon his best elements in the universe to form my soul and a the sametime my eternal companion was being created by his very same elements, it was a very spiritual and amazing dream of a loving Father in Heaven and how he has always loved me. ;)

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

shestalou wrote:I saw this and just wanted to reply that I had a dream one night of Heavenly Father creating me, I saw him call upon his best elements in the universe to form my soul and a the sametime my eternal companion was being created by his very same elements, it was a very spiritual and amazing dream of a loving Father in Heaven and how he has always loved me. ;)
That would be called your "soul mate" ... think of the word "create" as receiving "instruction," teachings, blessings, organizing our beliefs, thoughts and character of godliness in our 1st estate ... Now you must ask yourself the question "who created the "soul" of your loving Father in Heaven?" How far back do you think you can go... according to the Prophet Joseph Smith and Abraham 3:18 our "spirit bodies" have always existed as intelligent beings, capable of progression... hence the mortal experience we are having right now... preparatory for the next experience in our spiritual journey.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

Interesting Skybird in some ways your right as he was creating me I was fully aware but it was my spirit, they really didnt give me the answers to anyone else's creation only my own. :)

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

shestalou wrote:I saw this and just wanted to reply that I had a dream one night of Heavenly Father creating me, I saw him call upon his best elements in the universe to form my soul and a the sametime my eternal companion was being created by his very same elements, it was a very spiritual and amazing dream of a loving Father in Heaven and how he has always loved me. ;)
Thats a lovely dream, last one I remember the demon from my dreams tried to shoot me with a weird looking assault rifle, not sure what she is but I know she is something grander then I.
Though something tells me it's no vision from God lol

I wonder what my ccreation was like...

"Okay... lets see... jeez... well we got lots of tin, he likes tin...or he will like tin... where did you put the mercury?"
"And his eternal companion?"
"What? Oh that girl he's gonna meet and be together with for like a year, ehh, just use some of that potassium I donno"

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

It was a very vivid dream, I even remember flying through space back to my livingroom where I fell asleep, the best part was feeling the undying love of Heavenly Father has for all his children! :) :) :)

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

shestalou wrote:It was a very vivid dream, I even remember flying through space back to my livingroom where I fell asleep, the best part was feeling the undying love of Heavenly Father has for all his children! :) :) :)

Mine are very vivid, just usually involve me being brutally killed lol

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

Sirocco wrote:
shestalou wrote:It was a very vivid dream, I even remember flying through space back to my livingroom where I fell asleep, the best part was feeling the undying love of Heavenly Father has for all his children! :) :) :)

But you were not in my dream and cannot judge, when we judge others we condemn ourselves. :ymdevil:

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

shestalou wrote:
Sirocco wrote:

But you were not in my dream and cannot judge, when we judge others we condemn ourselves. :ymdevil:
Fair point lol

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

shestalou wrote:Interesting Skybird in some ways your right as he was creating me I was fully aware but it was my spirit, they really didnt give me the answers to anyone else's creation only my own. :)
IMO I believe that when God said: "I dwell in the midst of them all" (all the spirits of all creatures great and small) "over all the intelligences" (all spirit creatures great and small) "thine eyes have seen ... I came down in the beginning in the midst of all the intelligences (all spirit creatures great and small) thou hast seen." Abraham 3: 18-21). When God said "I dwell in the midst of them all" ... to "dwell" is to spend a lot of time with "all" the creatures... to "dwell" is to learn, share, communicate, taking the time to understand the needs of every creature and the kind of habitat they would need to grow and develop correctly. We "dwelt" with the "gods/Gods" a long time learning of our potential and becoming a manifestation of our potential in our first estate. We organized into family groups and knew what period of time we would come to earth and in what circumstances we would come. It was all orchestrated in our first estate. God never had the "power" to create any creature, they already existed... These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other;
(Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:19). yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.
(Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:18)

Everything the Prophet of this dispensation taught in the King Follet discourse IMO is right on with respect to our Spirits always existing, for as he said: "there is no creation about it"... "my ring is like the existence of the spirit of man, it has no beginning or end."